• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[old] CD social V we've almost done it mates. #LegalizeIt

Status
Not open for further replies.
aghhhhhhh time for a vent, and it's a long one too, so scroll on past if need be:

So I've kept to myself for 2-3 years now. Haven't really been chillin' with anybody because most of my circle turned into heroin addicts, where the addiction obviously took priority over the friendship. Last night I got a call from a random number. Pick it up, ends up being the person I used to consider my best friend who I stopped trying to contact after not being able to get a hold of him for like a month straight a couple years ago. Turns out he's sobered up, got a job, an apartment, the works. He had some warrants that he had to take care of and had just been released from the detention center, asked for a ride home. I agree because I'm excited my buddy's back, you know?

So I hop in the car an hour before I should be going to bed for work. Take the 45-min drive to the jail, drive around the complex for fucking 17min and this dude is nowhere to be found. Said he'd be right in front, but he's obviously not there. Remembering junkie logic, I convince myself he got in touch with somebody else he'd rather ride with and left without giving me a heads up. I pull out the parking lot and make it home in about 30min thanks to angry driving. Unlock the front door, kick off my shoes, greet the dogs and grab a beer... and then my fucking phone rings. Same number as before, dude's apparently still up there and wants to know where I'm at. I'm pissed at this point because this is the type of shit that always happens when I reconnect with my past.

He sounds sincerely sorry and unsure of how I didn't see him. I kind of kirk on the phone and then tell him I'm on my way back up there, be where I can see him, I'm not making this fuckin' drive again, yadda yadda. So I go to pick him up, and this time I catch him standing by the main interstate the jail's off of, just waiting. A place I passed at least a dozen times circling the lot the last time I was up there looking for him.

"Oh no, I wasn't there when I first called.You see those green boxes?" [points to a fucking forest to the side of the gate where they release inmates] "I was over there, man. I didn't want you to have to deal with any police or anything so I just sat out the way."

I'm thinking to myself "Well then how the FUCK was I supposed to link up when you don't have a phone and aren't at the place you called me from?" but I keep it to myself. Start driving to his house, get about halfway there and...

"Wait, are you going to my parents house?"
"...Yeah?"
"No man, I live in Baltimore now"
"....fuck you mean, Baltimore??? Bro, I can't drive to fucking Baltimore right now, I'm supposed to be asleep and I fuckin' would be if we had met up the FIRST time I went up there."
"Dude, I'm SORRY.... god damnit... alright, can you take me to (a mutual acquaintance)'s house? If he can't take me home at least I'll have a place to sleep tonight."

JACKPOT, found out what to do with him. So I start to chill out and get a bit less irritable, take him to his buddy's house, drop him off, shake hands/dap, make plans to meet up on Sunday. Went home, but I missed my window for a melatonin and had so much adrenaline flowing from this situation that I didn't sleep at all before my shift started at 1am.

This morning I get off work and within minutes of walking out of the building I get a phone call. I don't pay it any mind. Two seconds later it dings that I have a voicemail. "fuck...." Another minute goes by and a text comes through: "Hey man, it's (friend from last night), I was wondering if I could get a ride home today if I could get up some money"

I tell myself fuck no and decide to ignore my phone for the day. It goes well, too, until it rings at 10am and it's part of the management team at work. I feel obliged to answer... and this fucking chick wants me to give her a ride from a motel two counties away back to the neighborhood I live in! She was in a desperate situation but still, I was fuckin' numb to that at this point. She tells me about the domestic dispute that led to her living at the motel for a short while, that she had to check out today and couldn't afford another night, but managed to find a place to stay that'll hold off on the first rent payment until she gets her next check. Oh, and yeah, she's got her dog with her, just chillin' in the parking lot of a motel.

That dog softened me up, man. I made the ride, got her where she needed to be and now I'm back home.... but I can't stop thinkin' about my dude who needs to get back home. It's legitimately not my problem but for some reason I feel like shit over dodgin' calls on this shit, but at the same time I'm mad as fuck that the first time someone calls me in years all they really want is a free hour and 30 minute ride, which would be 3 hours just for me to get home in light traffic.

I honestly can't tell if I'm the asshole here or not but god damn, man, I'm so tired of people asking for things and never reciprocating in any kind of fashion. It's almost like people think that to enjoy their presence I have to be providing some kind of service and FUCK it's just got me seething, man.
Damn bro thats crazy . You've reached out and went above and beyond to help a buddy you've haven't heard from in years. Let him cal and thank you without asking for something. I know it can be hard toget onyour feet after release sometimes, but shit

One of my dogs, a 7 yr old Golden Lab bit the big one on Monday - just all of a sudden. So I don't know if that makes it easier or harder. There was no lingering illness.She just got ahold of a pound of uncooked shrimp and inhaled them.shells and all. The cats and a smaller terrier managed to get 1 or 2 shrimp; but they had to chew them and I already had them checked out at the vet. So I had the dog cremated with a Big Mac. I mean seriously, what else can be done?

One of the cats is really upset because the Golden used to carry the cat around by the sruff of her neck.

Fuck, just not a good week. So now I'm looking for another dog. Any ideas for a smallish dog, say 50 lbs that isn't as dumb as a bag of broken hammers?

Tom

Sorry Thom. :cry:

Look at English Shepherds. Mine is adorable as hell, and pretty damn smart to boot. He plays hard with me, but hasn't laid a tooth on anyone else since he was 5 or 6 months old. And did I mention how fucking cute they are???

jazz-and-blaze--english-shepherds-94587739.jpg

Mine's a bit darker, though, like this little fella:

EnglishShepherdPuppyPurebredDogBlackTanAxl.jpg

Date night is going fabulously.

We saw rocketman this afternoon after seeing Elton John in concern together a couple years ago. Great shows.

Sorry Thom. :cry:

Look at English Shepherds. Mine is adorable as hell, and pretty damn smart to boot. He plays hard with me, but hasn't laid a tooth on anyone else since he was 5 or 6 months old. And did I mention how fucking cute they are???

jazz-and-blaze--english-shepherds-94587739.jpg

Mine's a bit darker, though, like this little fella:

EnglishShepherdPuppyPurebredDogBlackTanAxl.jpg
I've always been partial to English Sheppards since a friend of mine when I was a teenager had one. She was really smart and fun to play around with. Sorry to hear about the story of the poster befores loss.

I've always been partial to English Sheppards since a friend of mine when I was a teenager had one. She was really smart and fun to play around with. Sorry to hear about the story of the poster befores loss.

I've had dogs my entire life and this little guy surprises me at least once a week with the new games he comes up with.

We just got a new puppy yesterday, so the dog count's up to 3 and we've got a bitter old cat that's getting thoroughly fed up with all these canines. She probably just doesn't get why she's outlived 3 of them, though.

I'm worried my english shepherd (henceforth referred to as Braxton) is showing a little bit of food and toy aggression with the new pup, but it's too soon to really tell if it's a problem or if he's just teaching the new mutt his boundaries. He's the only dog I've ever had that's been a dick to a newborn pup, though (8 and a half weeks old.) If there's no food involved then they're best of friends already, but at feeding time...

Our 11 year old walker hound wants absolutely nothing to do with the young boy, though, and it kind of sucks.

I've had dogs my entire life and this little guy surprises me at least once a week with the new games he comes up with.

We just got a new puppy yesterday, so the dog count's up to 3 and we've got a bitter old cat that's getting thoroughly fed up with all these canines. She probably just doesn't get why she's outlived 3 of them, though.

I'm worried my english shepherd (henceforth referred to as Braxton) is showing a little bit of food and toy aggression with the new pup, but it's too soon to really tell if it's a problem or if he's just teaching the new mutt his boundaries. He's the only dog I've ever had that's been a dick to a newborn pup, though (8 and a half weeks old.) If there's no food involved then they're best of friends already, but at feeding time...

Our 11 year old walker hound wants absolutely nothing to do with the young boy, though, and it kind of sucks.
Yes, not they I am qualified to give dog training advice, but I agree not to jump the gu. On assuming it's aggresion over establishing a heirarchy in a sense.

I *want* an English Mastiff. Sadly I can't handle a 250lb+ dog any more. My remaining dog (a Toto Cairn terrier) is having infinite fun chasing the cats. 1 cat doesn't give a rat's ass and the other cat is still bummed.

Jibult; how much do your dogs weigh?

Tom

(Braxton) English Shepherd mixed with ???: literally just went to the vet yesterday, weighed in at 80.2lbs

(Holly) walker hound/german shepherd mutt: somewhere between 85lb-95lbs

(Coulson) new unknown shepherd mix: like 10lbs at best, but he's still an infant

disclaimer: my dogs are on the heavy side, and they're all rescues with probable health issues thanks to rampant breeding. One was born with a defect that causes his kneecaps to dislocate, making long walks difficult. The other's been depressed since she lost her brother a couple years ago and exhibits really strange behavior in public without her old bodyguard. Not aggressive, more like unsure of herself and afraid. It's such a bitch when we're a mile or two from home and she decides she's going to be a statue on the sidewalk. We were hoping a new puppy might help the one exercise without long-distance walks/runs, and maybe bring about a mood change in the other. So far we're 1 for 2.

Funny thing about Braxton, though, he was listed as a shepherd/rottweiler mix. I've since disregarded the Rottweiler part because the dude's really not big to me, but after you asked I got worried about my dogs' weights and googled their breeds.... and we're right on the money for a rottie/shepherd. Between 65lb-95lbs

**edited because I got my numbers wrong

Last edited:
i think i found my favorite way to smoke hash. bong, with screen, flatten hash into small disc, place on screen in bong than smoke.

20190607-071744.jpg

i went down this morning and looked at this one and it almost 6ft now this pic is a little old. i think im going to try and move it into the ground soon, but i'm worried about shock too

Just made butter from a few ounces of trim, then threw some Sizzler bread into the pan and soaked up as much of the butter as the bread could hold.

I'm not really familiar with edibles. Ate some hash pancakes once, didn't do much. Also had some cookies at a music festival years back, but I had a crazy weed tolerance at the time, so didn't find it too strong.

I'm starting to feel a strong body buzz. Hoping I didn't have too much :oops:

this guy i know gave me ceramic habitat vape, this thing remind me of my first time vaping. right down to the rubber hose and weird dial that either makesit look like a strange medical device or a amp.so far works pretty good.. lot different feeling from vaping wax

lot different feeling from vaping wax

For sure! So it's a dry flower vape? How do you think it compares to smoking flower?

A year ago I wouldn't've thought I'd ever say this, but I actually prefer vaping to smoking flower now. The highs are cleaner but way more intense, it's kind of hard to explain... Like, there've been times where I filled the vape up back-to-back and ended up having to lay down with the spins, and that shit hasn't happened to me since I was in high school at least 15 years ago.

Tremours, that plant in the picture looks awesome.

Been having edibles for the past few days, mainly pancakes. It's a bit of a different feeling to smoking I find.

Wish we could get properly dosed gummies over here though.

For sure! So it's a dry flower vape? How do you think it compares to smoking flower?tas

A year ago I wouldn't've thought I'd ever say this, but I actually prefer vaping to smoking flower now. The highs are cleaner but way more intense, it's kind of hard to explain... Like, there've been times where I filled the vape up back-to-back and ended up having to lay down with the spins, and that shit hasn't happened to me since I was in high school at least 15 years ago.
it's different, one thing i miss is the hit i guess.. which isn't a bad thing. i think if i switch to this it will be much better for my lungs. really the only bad thing in my opinion is having to wait 5-10 mins for it to heat up. you can't really feel the vapor when your inhaling but im still trying to figure out the best temps

Tremours, that plant in the picture looks awesome.

Been having edibles for the past few days, mainly pancakes. It's a bit of a different feeling to smoking I find.

Wish we could get properly dosed gummies over here though.
right now she is not doing very good, i transplanted last week and the whole plant is wilted. hopefully things turn around. i have a few other good pants going but now im pretty wary to try transplanting any more

Yeah I never transplant, just put a seed in a good size pot and that's where it stays.

I think epsom salt can help transplant shock.

i know their not dead, so i'll look into that. another problem is right when thought they where getting better it decided to rain. next day leaves are starting to rot. I am going to do as few transplants as possible in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.