• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

cannabis withdrawal

I reckon respond to OP with some compassionate words of wisdom or move on to some other thread if you think its all bullshit.

I gave my experience and do not have to sugercoat anything for you Atelier3. Dont like my response tough crap eh? I don't believe I was insensitive and I certainly don't have to coddle anyone after posting my experience. I am not diminishing the OP by relaying my experience so stop being dramatic. I did not once say it is ALL in your head. I've been through it myself probably a lot more than half the people posting..

Meant to quote but I accidentally gave your hostile post a like. Silly me. I gave my experience and do not have to sugercoat anything for you Atelier3. Dont like my response tough crap eh? I don't believe I was insensitive and I certainly don't have to coddle anyone after posting my experience. I am not diminishing the OP by relaying my experience so stop being dramatic.
Mine was a general comment towards the vibe of the thread over 4 pages - not directed against anyone in particular. Don’t take it personally.

Gotcha, apologies for huffiness Atelier. :) I like to think I can post without insulting. I try at least. Carry on.

Gotcha, apologies for huffiness Atelier. :) I like to think I can post without insulting. I try at least. Carry on.
In fact I thought your post good for basically acknowledging what the OP claims to be suffering

I got jumped on a work today for no reason so maybe I took it out here. Cannabis withdrawal was really tough for one of my cousins a few years back. He had to stop. Took a month to sleep properly. I am sure there are physical components. There has to be.

I usually read every thread before I comment except I missed a few this time so let me go back and see how people are behaving. lol

Thanks for saying that. I don't think we know anything about cannabis and dreams or sleep. So far it is said to affect REM sleep but not the required deep sleep we really need. I admit I can not remember dreaming at night because I do smoke. But a few times I was woken up from a sleep and remembered the vivid dream I was just having so I was dreaming.

Yeah bud, if there's one thing I know is that everybody dreams every time they sleep. Not remembering the dream's details sucks, in my opinion, but a dream journal can work wonders for helping recollect all your amazing nighttime adventures.

What does it matter if weed “withdrawal” is all in the head or merely the uncovering of latent or previously blocked out psychiatric issues?

[...]

I reckon respond to OP with some compassionate words of wisdom or move on to some other thread if you think its all bullshit.

That's just it! It doesn't matter. There's a subset of drug users that like to compare and contrast their addictions and habits, weigh them on a scale that doesn't exist and figure out who's gone through tougher shit.

It's infuriating to see so many people hop on the straw man bandwagon, and so many people have that reaction that you can come to expect these threads to deviate towards a drug habit dicksizing contest pretty much every time the topic's brought up.

Thanks for saying that. I don't think we know anything about cannabis and dreams or sleep. So far it is said to affect REM sleep but not the required deep sleep we really need. I admit I can not remember dreaming at night because I do smoke. But a few times I was woken up from a sleep and remembered the vivid dream I was just having so I was dreaming.
I recall there is a dude, Matthew Walker, who conducts scientific studies on sleep. I don't know if there is something cannabis related in his book (heavn't read it), but he was on the JRE once , here is a snippet:

So it seems to me that we have this REM sleep phase for a reason, otherwise there would not be this rebound. On the other hand, it's not something we can't do without for longer periods, otherwise all the long-term-stoners would be dead by now. I thought about this quite a lot, when i had my period with this "hyper dreams", but didn't go into serious research..

It's infuriating to see so many people hop on the straw man bandwagon, and so many people have that reaction that you can come to expect these threads to deviate towards a drug habit dicksizing contest pretty much every time the topic's brought up.
I agree. (Cause i'm not allowed to thumb up your post yet.)

A few times I've had to travel abroad for weeks at a time for work, so had to stop smoking abruptly after years and years of heavy ish daily use (anywhere from1-4G of flower a day). And never had anything but a slight suppression of appetite, and maybe a restless night or two. My theory is that a lot of cannabis withdrawal is mental and psychosomatic. At the time I was busy all day, working a fairly physical role, by the time my day was done I was exhausted and had worked up a massive appetite. After a few days I felt 100%.
Whereas trying to quit at home was a different story. Its not that i experienced withdrawals, but knowing weed was there or available was too tempting. Never managed more than a week or two.
So try physical activity, keep busy, and try eat at least one good meal a day, much of the rest is mental ime/o.

I was wondering if anyone else has info on this i am 6 days in after quitting smoking cannabis after a few years of doing it every day and night and have been going through all i can describe as withdrawals now im on half a mg of subutex and have been through opiate wd. And im not saying it is at a level of that pain but the last week i have felt like their is a knot in my stomache im sweating constantly and have a sore and upset guts and my sleeping has sufferd,mood swings agitated and generally feeling like crap,for years i belived it wasnt addictive but i know wd when i feel them,has anyone else felt like this ?
Cannabis is also used as a medicine but of course in a specific dose.

Yeah man. I get withdrawals. All those symptoms. I will also usually catch a cold if I stop for a few days.

Pre opiates (smoked daily for at least 4 years before opiates, and we smoked a LOT, morning to night, all day at school, etc)...I would feel *off*. No withdrawal. Just wanted to smoke and couldn't sleep. Even went to jail for 2 weeks at 18 and was 0 concern for weed. I was hyping a cigarette if anything. I remember when I got out when right to buy cigarettes and then real food. Weed probably didn't cross my mind. Strange eh?

Now. Post opiates. I get legit withdrawal. I think after opiates everything is a withdrawal. Also I am pretty sure weed slightly effects the same receptors. And once the opiates got into you certain things change. Your brain looks for withdrawal. Its crazy.

For me I don't mind. Weed is fine. I enjoy it and can buy it from the store. I will be smoking it forever.

Last edited: