• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Canada abuzz over purported crack video of mayor

If there's a sex tape I will kill myself. Reading this the biggest problem the mayor has is it sounds a lot like he had Anthony Smith killed. People nervously joked when the guy with the mayors crack video got murdered. It wouldn't surprise me to find out the mayor paid to have a guy whacked.

Rob Ford’s Office Hired a Hacker to Destroy the Crack Tape

By Patrick McGuire
In late July, an anonymous source approached VICE with claims that he had been hired by Amin Massoudi, the communications director for troubled Toronto mayor Rob Ford, to hack into a website.

More specifically, the source—who for matters of simplicity will be referred to as “the hacker” from here on out—said he was asked by Amin to crack the password of a private online directory that allegedly contained a digital copy of the now infamous footage of Mayor Ford smoking a substance out of a crack pipe. Rob Ford has, up until very recently, publicly doubted the existence of the video.

VICE acquired a log of emails that, according to the hacker, detail his correspondence with Amin from May 18 to May 31 of this year. When contacted by VICE, the hacker confirmed the validity of these emails but also said it was a little more complicated than it seemed. He agreed to talk if we would preserve his identity, as publishing it would incriminate him.

In case you aren’t caught up on the intoxicated calamity that is Rob Ford’s contemporary existence, today he bluntly admitted to having smoked crack cocaine in a “drunken stupor.” This insane bombshell comes after last week’s statement from Toronto Police Chief Bill Blair, who confirmed that the crack tape Gawker and the Toronto Star reported on does indeed exist and contains footage that is “consistent” with their reports that claim the video shows Rob Ford smoking crack cocaine. Rob Ford also appeared on his weekly radio show this past Sunday to apologize to the City of Toronto and asked for the crack tape to be released to the public “immediately.”

In light of these recent developments, we believe that now is the time to publish portions of Amin and the hacker’s arrangement since first receiving the emails in July for the benefit of public interest.

The correspondence he sent us outlines his own attempt, under Amin’s orders, to break into an online storage account hosted by Bugs3, a free hosting service with “unlimited space.” VICE was able to verify the existence of the account, which was registered under http://goonies.bugs3.com. At the time VICE became aware of the correspondence, the site was up. It has since been taken offline.

The “goonies” subdomain may refer to “Dixon St. Goonies,” the name of a street gang that was heavily targeted in the massive sweep of drug dealers and gang members that ripped through Toronto in August—a sweep that included a raid on the house where the crack tape was filmed.

The correspondence between the hacker and Amin begins with an email sent from the latter’s City of Toronto email address. That first message, sent from Amin to the hacker on May 18, 2013 at 5:05 PM, two days after Gawker’s story broke, reads:

"Got something I want you to look into. Think you probably know what’s been reported. What’s the best way we can talk… T said you might be able to help us again."

Despite this email being sent from a City of Toronto email address, it cannot be verified by City Hall. This is a direct result of Amin’s promotion to spokesman and communications director that occurred on May 27th. On May 18th, when this email appears to have been sent, he was still working for Councillor Doug Ford, Rob Ford's brother. Here’s what the City of Toronto says about Amin’s emails that were sent before his promotion:

(Continued)
http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/rob-fords-office-hired-a-hacker-to-destroy-the-crack-tape

If there's a sex tape I will kill myself. Reading this the biggest problem the mayor has is it sounds a lot like he had Anthony Smith killed. People nervously joked when the guy with the mayors crack video got murdered. It wouldn't surprise me to find out the mayor paid to have a guy whacked.

That guy was dead before the Gawker story broke.

So, he's a lying sack of shit politician. Was anybody surprised? Nope, nobody ever. It is shameful tho. There are some very successful people that smoke rock, just not very many of them.

This is funny, but not interesting. What a loser.

So I just saw this guys video on t.c.r on comedy central.

Couldn't have handled it worse he thought he was being smart or something it just went awful.

Be real fight for legal crack youd get my vote. You look shady as fuck bsing about it and its pathetic the way policits brown nose every voter as much as possible even of it means looking like a bitch and idiot.

Saw this shit on the news last night, it is fucking hilarious but at the same time I can't help but be angry at this guy for being such an arrogant piece of shit. Lying through his teeth all this time to then just drop this blunt admission and walk off like nothing has changed. Shits me ten times more again that he supports harsher anti drug laws.

That link posted by Morphling is ridiculous, assuming half that shit is true you have to wonder how this asshole becomes the mayor of a major city in North America after that type of conduct for years and years. It highlights to me how in bed the media and the politicians are with one another, because there is no way anybody is getting elected if the media chose to report on half that shit at the time.

Media's going hard on this guy; so what he smokes rocks? jfk shot meth.

[video]http://bcove.me/1q0ci1qr[/video]

This is hilarious!

He's got such a strong Ontario-redneck accent.

LOL He basically said yes I smoke crack, so what? See you next election....

OMG that was righteous...

Yeah he is hilarious in his "the law of Toronto doesn't say I have to be kicked out unless I am put in jail" attitude. His approval rating even went up from 39 to 44. The way he mayors Toronto is actually how I see someone with no other motive than the power of it and how it allows him to party a lot if he wants to being mayor of the 4th largest city in north america. Yes he is a populist, conservative fucktard, but I understand what some see in him that is different from other politicans. Consider our now 4th whore of a mayor in a year here in Montreal (yes, 4th, the first one was there for 11 years or something then the Charbonneau inquiry (public audit of the construction industry) took him away, he was arrested for corruption, then his replacement was also arrested for corruption 4-5 months later, and then their party was destroyed, some goof was put in power by a vote of the councilors amongst them. Then now we have an ex-Liberal MP from the Gomery Inquiry Sponsorship Scandal from 2004-2005.

I really do miss the Liberals for many reason, I'd rather have the NDP lead the country, but they are better than Conservatives by far. But what the Liberals did to Quebec and with all of Canada's taxpayer money from 1995 to 2003 make em deserve their second opposition party status after an almost forever of ruling Canada.

He should step down though, yesterday morning was the last time they really talked about him on CBC Radio and it was about how maybe it isn't so funny and how if the mayor is an alcoholic who does a lot of bad choices when he's drunk, he might need help, alcoholism is the worst thing possible, equal to opiate IV addiction body damaging (although most of opiate IV bodily damage is "imaginary" as in it doesn't last". I should have compared it to benzo addiction. It is really bad to be an alcoholic.

Even if I was one hell of a beer drinker for most of my earlier party phase of my life I never wanted to do it everyday in a row, I don't understand people who like to get smashes everyday, your body just hates it and it's enough to make me fear going too far with it. And then I knew of the hellish withdrawals, I got to know what benzos were when a friend of mine was in a short hospital detox for alcohol and he went back home with a lot of 25mg Librium (only worthy dosage of it) because his shaking was so fucking crazy.

maybe he could fight mike tyson in a race to the bottom

wait, tyson beat him there

damn you can't buy much for 2 buks here anymore. I dont know how much those things are here but I'd bet they are at least 5 times that if not 7 times or maybe more.

The state made some law about the glass tube with the rose in it (the joke being of course you buy it for a crack pipe and give the tiny fake rose to ur gf) no law about chrose tho..anyways now places just sell glass pens. Same exact thing but colored a lil smaller and it has an ink insert pen in it.

The state made some law about the glass tube with the rose in it (the joke being of course you buy it for a crack pipe and give the tiny fake rose to ur gf) no law about chrose tho..anyways now places just sell glass pens. Same exact thing but colored a lil smaller and it has an ink insert pen in it.
really? here they just sell crack n meth pipes straight out... headshop calls it an oiler. I've seen them from $2-6 depending on how greedy the place is but the one I go to sells both for $2

in the straight glass tube it comes ready for some chore boy no BS rose but I've seen the rose at gas stations.

One time I asked a dude at the smoke shop if they had roses he was like nah ours don't have the roses LOL