• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can reduced shitting from chronic opiates be really bad?

Well if you actually have ENDOMETRIOSIS, than a doctor will see that and diagnose it. Most people, me included, read symptoms and become a temporary hypochondriac. Especially if you have some or many of the listed symptoms. Like you said if their is no cure, then why are you trying to be treated? Just to treat the symptoms? Their is no cure for most of the symptoms as well, except they CAN treat liver failure most-likely. The only other thing they could give is a benzo to toake your mind off of it. Your doc knows best, however.
IME not many OB/GYNs would jump to a diagnosis of endometriosis and cancer in an 11yr old. I'm not surprised it's took years to get a definitive diagnosis. And "if" she has it??? That's extraordinarily insensitive so "if" you're in med school maybe address that bedside manner now. Oh and the part where it seems absurd to manage symptoms. Doctors subjectively take histories, objectively evaluate, assess the issues, and develop a treatment plan which includes managing symptoms even when the underlying cause is unknown. I'm no doctor but I know enough from personal and professional aspects of my life to know DixiChik is coming across more credible here. That applies to cheezy too as no patient ever EVER wants to hear a doctor say "...how are you alive?!". Such comments and insinuations on both your parts are a disgrace to the profession and medical community.

Constipation is probably what killed Elvis...I mean aside from all the drugs he was taking. Apperently he had white chalky bundles of shit in his colon....lol I can only imagine. LOL @ Cheezy up there, just lol.

I have the opposite problem...opiates keep me regular. If I don't take them, i'll put the D.I.E. in Diarrhea.
Seriously if I didn't though I would probably shit 12+ times a day, and then I'd eventually stop eating altogether, and drink nothing but booze between dumps....at which point i'd be ready to die.
So in effect, without opiates i'd drink myself to death?

No, but haven't you guys seen the Commercials? They make some quasi-opiate-antagonist for Opioid-Induced-Constipation now O.I.C. they call it...doctor looks at your meds (Hydromorphone...or the like) and thinks,..."Oh.....I See", but just cause he assumes you're a drug seeker, not because you're constipated.
But yeah, it sounds promising...though I'd be wary of any medications advertised on T.V...one year it's a miracle cure...next year it's back to the drawing board because people are growing second deformed livers..

The constipation antidote is methylnaltrexone I believe, which is actually a quaternary ammonium compound - it carries a permanent electronic charge. So P-glycoprotein or not, it ain't gonna make it across the blood brain barrier to mess with central (pain-releiving) opioid effects.

On paper it would actually be quite easy to have a first- or second- year organic chemistry student synthesize it from naltrexone and methyl bromide or methyl iodide in one step... so no idea why it'd be so expensive? :p

I wish you the best of luck, and sorry to hear you're still having troubles with this, Dixie. (I don't know if I mentioned - have you tried amitryptiline for bowel tonicity?)

I don't know about health problems from it, but I have this problem even with lower daily doses of oxy. Fiber and tea and I can still be regular though if I don't go over like 40mg.

With heroin it was beyond ridiculous to the point of pure torture. I would dread going to the washroom for maybe 5 days to a week, like I would literally be scared shitless. I would postpone going when I felt I needed to for as long as I could, out of sheer terror. And then it was a horrific experience every time. It would take maybe 10 minutes to come out and I would be almost in tears hanging on to the toilet seat and I would be singing tunes or trying to meditate somehow to escape it. The pain was extreme but short lasting. There was even blood at times. It was beyond miserable and when I stopped doing dope and went back to oxy the constipation took a week or more to subside. Oxy clearly has way less of this side effect to me for the same level of relief, and other side effects like itching are reduced as well.

This is in my opinion what ruins even pure heroin as a drug (I only ever got this when it was way more pure than normal). When I think back to my dope use, that's the first thing that pops in my mind. How fucked up and miserable that constipation was. Not how pleasant the rest of the effects were, it was not worth the constipation let alone the rest of the baggage that comes with it. If people knew how fucked up those shits can be, I don't think heroin use would be as glamorized or as popular within some circles. It's not cool to have that much trouble takin a shit cause you got high. I also was on what I would say a low dose compared to many and also sniffing so it can get much much worse than what I experienced. I've heard of people going 1 to 2 weeks without. That's insanity (especially if they remember to eat 3 meals a day) and it's obviously some kind of health risk if you're that way all the time.

I've heard it makes it easier to harbour intestinal parasites. All I gotta say is heroin... worst shits of my life, NOT worth it. And that is one reason not to use that you don't hear too often!

Last edited:
On paper it would actually be quite easy to have a first- or second- year organic chemistry student synthesize it from naltrexone and methyl bromide or methyl iodide in one step... so no idea why it'd be so expensive? :p

This is because the drug is a single R-enantiomer and supposedly requirements are it must be very pure, obtaining pure (R)-methylnaltrexone is not efficient enough to give a good yield. Look this up.

ShroomySatori said:
This is in my opinion what ruins even pure heroin as a drug (I only ever got this when it was way more pure than normal). When I think back to my dope use, that's the first thing that pops in my mind. How fucked up and miserable that constipation was. Not how pleasant the rest of the effects were, it was not worth the constipation let alone the rest of the baggage that comes with it. If people knew how fucked up those shits can be, I don't think heroin use would be as glamorized or as popular within some circles. It's not cool to have that much trouble takin a shit cause you got high. I also was on what I would say a low dose compared to many and also sniffing so it can get much much worse than what I experienced. I've heard of people going 1 to 2 weeks without. That's insanity (especially if they remember to eat 3 meals a day) and it's obviously some kind of health risk if you're that way all the time.

I've never had as much problem with constipation when I took short-acting opioids like heroin as with methadone or even buprenorphine. Sure heroin is clearly more constipating than buprenorphine but that's only if you don't take your time to shit on heroin, otherwise it's much worse with bupe, for some reason to feel all right I need to dose bupe to have steady levels of it not to feel withdrawal, apparently those are high levels it builds up to because 24 hours without a dose is enough for me to feel not well, but 72 hours without it is not enough for me to take a proper shit. So all in all a shorter-acting opioid is much better in this respect, it does make a difference if you have to wait a couple of hours as opposed to a few days. Not to glamorize heroin or anything though.

Last edited:
I have a script for movantik. It works as a last resort but its not a comfortable experience.

Wow, didn't know there were any peripherally acting opioids available commercially other than N-methylnaltrexone.

Yeah not passing bowel movements is obviously toxic if it becomes a actually problem where you can use the bathroom. This is completely easily treatable, and if your really do get constipated don't take artificial laxatives, do it natural it works way better... I was literally zonked out of my mind for a couple weeks on oxy and had a hard time passing a bowel movement. I went to the store bought some prune juice, drank two glasses. I probably should of just drank one because I shit my brains out and had cramps lol. At least I had relief. Granted opiate constipation is annoying you can treat it pretty easily without stopping opiate consumption.

i take mira lax and it's great. you have to drink a lot of water with it as you should whether you take miralax or not.

you're an idiot and should not be permitted to treat addicts. you are there to help and not make moral judgements. make us a list on how perfect you are. you drink? ttake anxiety meds. what gives people like you the right to with hold care from anyone. again. what an idiot!!!!

I got it extremely painfully from really pure #4. I would fear bowel movements and put them off as long as possible, because it would be unbearably, excruciatingly painful and I wouldn't be able to use dope to numb the pain or I wouldn't be able to do it. Occasionally there was blood, and it felt like what I imagine getting raped might feel like. It would take 10 minutes of sheer agony to slowly come out.... Okay I'll stop there before getting too graphic, I mean I've never held onto the edge of a toilet seat like that before, for dear life. I would try and meditate myself into a safe place while it was happening. It was an absolute nightmare. I only ever got that from really pure #4 though... pharmaceutical opioids I take for pain have never had that effect, probably as the dosage is so much lower, and the usage much more reasonable than railing that high purity #4 all day. I think it is one of the main reasons why I knew I needed to stop...

My bowel movements are less frequent on oxy nowadays, but I'd still say they are healthy and just fine so long as my dose isn't too high and I upkeep my healthy diet and stay hydrated. I still picked up a laxative herbal tea today, since I can't tolerate the caffeine in green tea anymore due to anxiety issues (caffeine always helped a lot). I think if it is as bad as what I described above, it could cause permanent damage down the road to the lower digestive tract. Even when I stopped using dope, the bowel movements continued to be extremely painful for a good week or two before I healed up. It was hell looking back. Absolute nightmare. That's the main thing I think of when I think of dope nowadays, but only the really pure will do that to you. When I had shittier stuff... it was exactly that... a shittier experience =D didn't effect my bowels so much unless it was ultra-pure and heavy, long term use (at least a few weeks in).

Ive seen patients with ripped open anuses one patient in particular had his excrement still lodged in his anus he died shortly after from an agonizing death and we couldn't give him any morphine for constipation but i beleive good painkillers should not be wasted on selfish, greedy junkies who cost the NHS enough! i always will give any patient I expect to be a junkie nothing stronger than iboprofen im here to save lives not help a junkie get high im just old school like that but i soppose if you use chronically 2-4 satchets everyday (dose vary between patients)of "LAXIDO" an extremely effective otc stool losener and you dissolve it in water meaning even more effective if you have any more question and want to here from a medical expert message me anytime I have lots of Knowledge to share with you all farewell op and goodluck beating the habit you can do it! remember that.

you're a piece of shit.

what about the lives of the people committing suicide due to living with horrendous chronic pain which nobody will give them relief for because they "believe" them to be a junkie?

as someone that has been considered suicide and would have definitley done it if my intense chronic pain lasted forever (which thank god it went down a year after surgery)....medical "professionals" like you with imaginary biases and a visceral reaction towards drugs of fear.

nobody is going to die from a hydrocodone with apap. nobody will OD in it, body will rob houses for it.....but you believe they are better off sufferihg in agony than whatever you believe will happen by giving someone hydrocodone or codeien

did you ever think that there are people out there that become heroin junkies for the sole fact that they live with horrendous physical pain and the NHS refuses to treat them with painkillers due to their socioeconomic status, looks, age, intelligence or whatever they can profile them with. and refuses to treat them with non narcotic approaches because...well because its the US, and they are not wealthy.

people like prince never seem to have problems recieving relief for their pain...polticians, DEA agents, the wealthy....none of them have ever spent a sleepless week in bed each night planning how to kill themselves because the pain is so bad and it may be permanent. good job though....keep your crusade against junkies up.

Remember they are all the young poor ragged looking people of lower intelligence that you assume them to be. The soccer mom driving a benz that hasn't worked a job ever in life with a ripped body working out at the gym everyday that some how gets 280 30mg oxys per month because of a "sore back" is not assumed to be a "junkie" by you and her she can deserve to get pain relief if she ever was in actual real pain one day.

Last edited:
I hate the medical profession. The amount of pain I've been in with various injuries and illnesses, and not been taken seriously or given pain relief because they reckon I'm high and not feeling pain, is inhuman.
Fuck em. Sadist assholes.

I agree completely. Thanks for sticking up for us eh LSD and Imiss?

Oxycodone saved my life. I have such excruciating pain in my spine, that I would not be here without it. I would have ended my life. I am sick of the mother fucking discrimination against opioid users, it doesn't even make any sense. Everyone abuses something or other these days and these drugs have accepted therapeutic uses for extreme, chronic pain for instance. You never hear of the fucking alcohol or tobacco 'crisis' that kill way, way more people, just less noticeably so it's harder to pick on them.

Smart doctors know this and they are compassionate enough to prescribe them, I am lucky to have a doctor who isn't a fucking asshole who will try and tell me amitryptaline and an NSAID is enough. Sure I fucked around in the past but I take my meds as scripted now and life is just great. My quality of life is so much better. Anyone who buys into this "opioid crisis" bullshit is an asshole. There is no such thing as the "opioid crisis" - it is a load of horse shit. No matter what laws are put in place, what restrictions on medications, you will never be able to keep pain medications away from people who can't even fucking walk without them. I am 28 and I can't even comfortably lay in bed on a heating pad without oxycodone. I would have slit my wrists long ago, my doctor is not a drug dealer. My doctor saved my life.

One of my greatest fears in life is being randomly cut off my meds because some assholes involved in politics think it's the right thing to do for my body. I can't stand pricks who cast down upon opioid users especially who are taking them for types of pain you would never even begin to be able to understand. Fucking assholes, man, I honestly can't stand being discriminated against anymore. Luckily I have a chill doc and pharmacist who know how bad my pain is - but I've certainly had issues with the system. I wouldn't even trust myself switching doctors, because they tend to be know-it-alls who think they know your pain better than you do. Anti-fucking depressants were not designed to treat chronic pain. Anti-inflammatories are for pussy injuries, not excruciating around-the-clock agony that makes you wish you were dead.

Shit like this pisses me off beyond anything man. What the fuck is wrong with me taking an extended release dose of oxycodone every 12 hours so that I can get on with my life after having an injury so severe that I think most people would be dead at this point from being unable to cope. Luckily I have a medical professional who gives a shit about me. I've been at the same dose for 3 years now and it's working just as well as ever before. I will be on it for the rest of my life.

If I was cut off my low dose of tamper-proof oxycodone which I never abuse anymore, I would have no choice but to become a heroin addict to deal with the pain. That is what frightens me. It scares me that the government could intervene in the medical field and force doctors to stop prescribing these types of medications which are the only thing that has ever helped my pain and I went through everything. I suffered for 2 years before getting on them and I was truly ready to die. Oxy's saved my life so whoever hates on them can bite it in my opinion. Even people who abuse them... that's life. There's no stopping it, and I'm sick of having that bullshit impact my medical treatment in a negative way.

Last edited:
@ Taco dude i wasn't even in the ER room and obviously the docs who were treating him COULDN'T give morphine BECAUSE it would have made his constipation EVEN WORSE if that was possible it was a very sad day for us all if he had called us before going toilet he would probably still be alive one of my colleges (who had already seen far worse things before and not even drug related probably) quit because she'd just had enough1 week later she threw her self in front of a train so don't tell me im heartless when you haven't had my job(beleive me or not I ain't sharing my private info over the internet) and seen the NHS slowly get destroyed by cuts and untrained bloody staff who put patients lives at risk you may have heard but no one excepty NHS know the full scale except the government but they don't give 2 shits oh and your right about 1 thing doctor's/GP'S don't want to get someone hooked on opiates or be a drug dealer to addicts if you got a problem with that tell the government.

Hahahaha. Sorry guys, last one, I promise. What a tragic turn of events... I hear it's actually a lot more common than previously thought, the phenomenon of, you know, physicians witnessing a patient die from constipation, "quitting their job" and then a week later, throwing themselves in front of a moving train. Raise awareness.