• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Bupe tapering

Karamazov

Bluelighter
I ve been at 4 for a while and am having trouble going from 4 to 3mg. Anyone else have this issue? I know it’s prob psychological but I can’t seem to to go below 4. Even going to 3.5 is hard. In the past I’ve been at 6 and at 2. But 4 is sticky.

Dont drop that much. Drop what ever happened comfortable with a ms long as if less. Then you're heading in the direction

You can remove sub by huge amounts and rapidly without much ill effect until around 4-6mg

Then you start feeling it, my advice is just jump to 3, should only be a few days adjust

Thanks for the replies guys. I think it is mostly a psychological issue for me. Like I get to thinking I have some wd symptoms that are probably just me psyching myself out. Or stress. Working full time at home and taking care of a five year old is no joke! Anyway, day two at 3mg and determined to get down at least to 2mg Ina few weeks.
thanks again!

I too think its more a mental challenge then physical. your mind is telling you its not enough while your body gets what it needs. So it is more of a mental challenge too to lower dosages

1mg is 25% of your dose which is quite a bit for a taper considering you already dropped, 0.5mg sounds more reasonable to me. Every step down is good don't focus on the end result focus on the steps

Exacly. As above. As long as you don't go up, every drop, no matter how small is progress. As long as you NEVER go up

Last edited:
me personally dropped 2mg at a time. it was always mental for me. taking that same dose every day with the same frequency and results was addicting to me. idno if your the same. but it could be a lot more psychological than you think. once i got to 1 it was almost daily by about 5 pm i was yawning and starting to feel bad. that went on for over a year before jumping 16 days ago at 1. i found a lot of the struggle is mental over physical. of course there is always physical but with strong mind you can do anything. just saying take it as slow as you need to in order for you to be successful in your journey to whatever you want out of life. slow and steady wins the race as they say.

1mg is 25% of your dose which is quite a bit for a taper considering you already dropped, 0.5mg sounds more reasonable to me. Every step down is good don't focus on the end result focus on the steps

In Australia you only get 2mg & 8mg strips. You can often self manage, but it's usually prescribed as 6-4-2 JUMP! It's pretty rough

In Australia you only get 2mg & 8mg strips. You can often self manage, but it's usually prescribed as 6-4-2 JUMP! It's pretty rough
same with canada. it's all sublingual tablets. depending on the doc and the pharmacy you can get them to chop them in half to 1mg but that's about as low as you'll ever get them to go. then it's up to you.

Day 6 at 3mg and feeling ok. Not great but ok. Mainly it’s only when I go running that I really notice it My legs just do not want to move and it’s like running uphill the whole way. But I push through.

it’s amazing that some folks are told to jump at 2mg. The taper doesn’t even matter much until 2mg.

Day 6 at 3mg and feeling ok. Not great but ok. Mainly it’s only when I go running that I really notice it My legs just do not want to move and it’s like running uphill the whole way. But I push through.

it’s amazing that some folks are told to jump at 2mg. The taper doesn’t even matter much until 2mg.
i find that quite amazing when people are told to even skip days between dosing. to me that would have only prolonged the agony every other day i would have been restarting the withdrawal process. yuck even one mg daily every morning for a year i woke up feeling shitty. good job on your taper! wish you the best

i find that quite amazing when people are told to even skip days between dosing. to me that would have only prolonged the agony every other day i would have been restarting the withdrawal process. yuck even one mg daily every morning for a year i woke up feeling shitty. good job on your taper! wish you the best

It does seem that buprenorphine is overly variable in terms of ones response to it as well as withdrawal / phsyiological symptomology. I've used it for various purposes with quite different responses. For me personally I find that lowering the dose doesn't make much of a difference until you hit the 4 & 2mg marks respectively. In the past I've gone from relatively massive quantities of other opiods onto high dose buprenorphine (up to the ceiling dose; as needed). Then I do a rapid taper to 4mg with a more prolonged taper as a I go below the 4mg mark. When I'm in a position where like I am currently it is the most viable option for pain management I usually use it at approximately 1.5mg daily. Based on the way an 8mg strip can easily be cut I usually go with 1mg in the morning & 500mcg in the evening.

I'd agree with you that skipping days like that would just being prolonging things. I know I wouldn't do it that way. I also don't like once daily dosing. For those who have various physiological factors (enzymes, metabolism, etc.) that come into play it seems that once daily often isn't enough. Though again it can vary widely person to person as well as usage case scenarios. I would agree that below 2mg is significantly harder to cut than going from 4mg to 2mg in my experience. Though as stated by others I wouldn't recommend doing it in 1mg (25%) increments. I always proceed much slower with my tapers if I'm trying to do so comfortably as opposed to quickly. 25% at once is to great an amount if one is trying to avoid withdrawal symptoms. I find the initial rapid taper to be important though; as I find high dose buprenorphine for long periods of time not to be something of benefit in my case. Some people do find it beneficial & I don't in anyway discount there experiences but in my particular usage case scenario of pain management lower doses seem to be far more effective.

Regardless: I'm straying off the thread topic & beginning to ramble. My apologies. Best of luck with your taper! You have my best wishes. :)

Hi , here in the uk we get buprenorphine at 8mg 2mg , then moved onto prefibin which come in 0.4 tablets which I'm on now daily , its helped me come down in 0.2 segments weekly , just hearing some horror stories about when you jump off with prolonged withdrawals is this true??

Hi , here in the uk we get buprenorphine at 8mg 2mg , then moved onto prefibin which come in 0.4 tablets which I'm on now daily , its helped me come down in 0.2 segments weekly , just hearing some horror stories about when you jump off with prolonged withdrawals is this true??
i'm 20 days in after jumping from 1mg a day and i can honestly say it's not that bad. the worst was the first 2 weeks but after that it gets a lot better. biggest thing is the lack of energy and always out of breath feeling. i have a good solid 8 hours of energy a day. sleeping is still a bit rough using sleep aids. idno its different for everyone but i don't think it's quite the horror story everyone says it is.

@Eastender also i took clonidine the first week and a bit. i found it made me real tired though so i didn't like taking it more than i had to. lots of showers and up most of the night for the first two weeks. it gets real tiring but you just gotta keep your eyes on the prize and you can overcome it. just know the suffering ends!

@Eastender also i took clonidine the first week and a bit. i found it made me real tired though so i didn't like taking it more than i had to. lots of showers and up most of the night for the first two weeks. it gets real tiring but you just gotta keep your eyes on the prize and you can overcome it. just know the suffering ends!
Oh ok , thanks for advice, I'm hoping to come down to 0.2 before jumping & sort of hoping withdrawal will be less severe than some people's that I've heard, although it's weird as I started on 8mg then got down to 0.8 pretty quickly & no major problems, but as soon as I hit 0.6 daily I wake up in withdrawal every fucking morning, sleeping isnt great but like you said I've just gotta ride it out & see it through

Oh ok , thanks for advice, I'm hoping to come down to 0.2 before jumping & sort of hoping withdrawal will be less severe than some people's that I've heard, although it's weird as I started on 8mg then got down to 0.8 pretty quickly & no major problems, but as soon as I hit 0.6 daily I wake up in withdrawal every fucking morning, sleeping isnt great but like you said I've just gotta ride it out & see it through
you bet it's a grind. even at 1 mg a day i was waking up every day feeling out of breath and very bad attitude towards the day. sore and miserable by noon sort of thing. i think a lot of that was mental though. i think fear made things a bit worse in the first week. the psychological part of it was the worst the first couple days before the real physical shit got goin.