• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Bupe tapering

@Eastender the horror stories are overblown and almost always from people who tapered way too quickly. I jumped off at 2mg before and it was unpleasant but totally bearable. If you’ve ever been in real withdrawal it’s nothing like that.

The only thing for me was I just didn’t sleep a wink. So by day 3 the sleep dev hallucinations start which really makes things bad. But once I got some benzos and could sleep a bit it was simply like a bad cold for 2 weeks.

@codydion when you were at 1 and feeling rough did jump from 2 to 1 ? If not, what was your taper schedule from 2 to 1? I know under 2 thing get challenging so I’m gonna try to go real slow from 2 to 1. Maybe like .1 per week. I don’t have strips though so it gonna be a lot of crushing pills and dividing and estimating.

@Karamazov yeah i made the jump from 2-1 in one move and kept waiting and waiting to stabilize so i didn't feel bad in the morning. but that never happened for a year or more if i remember correctly my reduction date. i don't know if i did it right but i never felt the need to use or anything never really felt that bad as far as withdrawals went. but it did seem like the dose just wouldn't hold me for 24hrs even after a year. here where i live we don't have strips either even my being on 1mg a day i was cutting a 2 mg in half every other day. the strips sound so much more convenient.

Nice job getting down to 2mg so quickly after you were having troubles!
I recommend spliting doses at this point

@Branggen i havnt gotten there yet, just planning for the future. I went to 3 about a weeks ago and plan to stay there another week before going to 2.5.

Thanks. when talking about dosing are you guys talking sublingual or some other roa? I’ve been sticking with sublingual since up the nose seems to be 3x stronger And also the kind of pills I have now really fuck up my sinuses.

Yea sublingual, I would avoid snorting especially if that was your preferred method for getting high

Thanks. when talking about dosing are you guys talking sublingual or some other roa? I’ve been sticking with sublingual since up the nose seems to be 3x stronger And also the kind of pills I have now really fuck up my sinuses.
always sublingual. bad news to be trying to misuse medication that your trying to fix your life with.

always sublingual. bad news to be trying to misuse medication that your trying to fix your life with.
Yeah totally agree, these little tablets have kept me clean & got my life back together , wouldn't wanna start abusing them , surely take them properly & it will be easier to come off them in the future

@Eastender the horror stories are overblown and almost always from people who tapered way too quickly. I jumped off at 2mg before and it was unpleasant but totally bearable. If you’ve ever been in real withdrawal it’s nothing like that.

The only thing for me was I just didn’t sleep a wink. So by day 3 the sleep dev hallucinations start which really makes things bad. But once I got some benzos and could sleep a bit it was simply like a bad cold for 2 weeks.
Thanks for that , its giving me confidence for when I jump which should be next couple of weeks, I can get sleepers from people plus I have gabapentin which I've heard can help, gotta a few pregabalin also if needed , hopefully wont come to that tho , how long did it take until you felt good & normal again ? thanks bud for your information

Thanks for that , its giving me confidence for when I jump which should be next couple of weeks, I can get sleepers from people plus I have gabapentin which I've heard can help, gotta a few pregabalin also if needed , hopefully wont come to that tho , how long did it take until you felt good & normal again ? thanks bud for your information
@Eastender i wish I knew. Unfortunately I relapsed after two weeks. Such is life. Well, such is my life.

I think you’ll do better. bupe tapering is totally bearable, but if you have comfort meds like gabapentin, etc, youlll have no prob at all. Just remember that you will have cravings and it’s the part after you feel normal that is the tricky part.
good luck to us all.

@Eastender how's the taper going today? hope your feeling okay.
Morning mate, down to 0.3 today ,just taken it, sleep wasnt good at all last night & I took a xanax too, so god knows how it will be when I jump soon , spoke to my local drug service yesterday & she said she will provide me sleepers for 2 weeks only , its something I suppose, I have a pregnant gf who will be giving birth end of july so that's why I'm wanting to get off , my theory is to get as low as poss in the next week or so then go for it , plus I'm not working now cos of the Corona virus here in uk , so I'll use this time , anyways how are you doing?

@Eastender i wish I knew. Unfortunately I relapsed after two weeks. Such is life. Well, such is my life.

I think you’ll do better. bupe tapering is totally bearable, but if you have comfort meds like gabapentin, etc, youlll have no prob at all. Just remember that you will have cravings and it’s the part after you feel normal that is the tricky part.
good luck to us all.
Hi bud, you relapsed?? That's a shame, what's your drug of choice? Mine was cocaine, then washing Into crack, then started using heroin (smoking) to come down etc , but liked it & ending up with a year habit, gotta say I'm having mad cravings now that since I'm reducing regular on bupe, its only a phone call away but dont wanna undo all the hard graft that's got me here, plus my work Carry out drug tests etc so have a lot to lose , luckily buprenorphine isnt on their tests, how you doing anyway?

Morning mate, down to 0.3 today ,just taken it, sleep wasnt good at all last night & I took a xanax too, so god knows how it will be when I jump soon , spoke to my local drug service yesterday & she said she will provide me sleepers for 2 weeks only , its something I suppose, I have a pregnant gf who will be giving birth end of july so that's why I'm wanting to get off , my theory is to get as low as poss in the next week or so then go for it , plus I'm not working now cos of the Corona virus here in uk , so I'll use this time , anyways how are you doing?
take whatever comfort meds you can! anything helps ease the first couple weeks there. that's a good reason for wanting off there's always lots of motivation behind children. the corona virus is exactly what gave me my opportunity. i've been wanting to get off since last year but never got any time off until now the virus shut our industry right down pretty much. this is the best time of any! definitely a good plan you have in the works there. with determination you'll get er beat. coming on here and talking with people that had been through suboxone detox helped me a lot. give it a try i'm always a message away when you make your jump and need someone to talk to. i'm doing good up in the morning here on day 23 no suboxone. work in a couple hours. it'll be good!

@Eastender how's the taper going today? hope your feeling okay.
Also wake up sneezing
take whatever comfort meds you can! anything helps ease the first couple weeks there. that's a good reason for wanting off there's always lots of motivation behind children. the corona virus is exactly what gave me my opportunity. i've been wanting to get off since last year but never got any time off until now the virus shut our industry right down pretty much. this is the best time of any! definitely a good plan you have in the works there. with determination you'll get er beat. coming on here and talking with people that had been through suboxone detox helped me a lot. give it a try i'm always a message away when you make your jump and need someone to talk to. i'm doing good up in the morning here on day 23 no suboxone. work in a couple hours. it'll be good!
Thanks bud , appreciate it from someone who is going through it too, sounds like your doing amazing, 23 days, I van only sit here & wish that was me , yeah definitely helps talking to like minded people, gives me confidence that I can be totally drug free & not tied to this any longer, I have kept it a secret from my gf as it would break her heart, anyway thanks for listening & replying, spk soon & keep it going 👍

Also wake up sneezing
Thanks bud , appreciate it from someone who is going through it too, sounds like your doing amazing, 23 days, I van only sit here & wish that was me , yeah definitely helps talking to like minded people, gives me confidence that I can be totally drug free & not tied to this any longer, I have kept it a secret from my gf as it would break her heart, anyway thanks for listening & replying, spk soon & keep it going 👍
i didnt fell my wife for years of being on maintenance because of my previous addictions and the possibility of her leaving me. but i soon realized that was a big mistake and most people understand and can work with you if your trying to help yourself get healthy. either way i'm not judging you i was in the same position. do you guys live together? she will almost certainly see something is up when your detoxing. might even think you caught a case of the corona! hahaha