Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

BRIS - EARTHCORE hits QLD - December 3 Peak Crossing

FSE

Bluelighter
For the first time ever, Australia’s largest dance music and lifestyle festival will be coming to QLD in full outdoor tour mode. Many of you have been making the Victorian pilgrimage to attend this annual event, but now it is scheduled to happen in our own backyard!

fusing brisbane and earthcore presents

EARTHCORE hits QLD :: 3 DAY :: OPEN AIR FESTIVAL

FRIDAY 2 DECEMBER :: SATURDAY 3 DECEMBER :: SUNDAY 4 DECEMBER

The thunder from down under will unleash its monster martian death ray to thumpenstein’s beat throughout the non-stop three day festival. In true Earthcore tradition expect four feature length stages including beats and broken bass tipi space, the tribal techno machine, locally grown OrPHiC bEAtZ and a monster main floor which will unleash an open-air all star international line up from dusk till later than dawn. . .

Full market precinct, camping, workshops and other festival frolicking amidst three stages of performance, an impeccable production and enough weird stuff to throw a frozen chook at!!!!!!!

The Amorphous Androgynous (Future Sound of London’s band - LIVE)
Peretz aka Perry Farrell
Hallucinogen (LIVE)
Propellerheads DJ set
DJ Misjah (X-Trax :: ReRun)
Simon Posford aka Shpongle DJ set
System 7 (LIVE)
Gaz Cobain aka FSOL DJ set

with local support

Soma Rasa (Freefall Records Founders - LIVE)
Hired Goon$ (Giiwa Productions – LIVE)
D-Ko (LIVE)
Statler and Waldorf (LIVE)
AB Didgeridoo (LIVE)
Teschnik (Freefall Records - LIVE)
Superfluid (Creative Vibes - LIVE)
Whispa (Freefall Records - LIVE)
Vinyl Slingers (LIVE)
Odd Harmonic (Demontea :: Dada Stream – LIVE)
Hexadecimal (LIVE)
Kaneda (Polysonic – LIVE)

plus

Shredlock vs Lectre
Luke Psywalker (Digital Psionics)
Mark Briais (Rockinghorse)
Funky Space Elf (psytrax.com)
Operon vs Erther (Rudebwoyz)
Cosmo Cater (Arcane Rhythm)
Beka (Turbo Trance Records)
Shadrach (liquidBASS :: Phreakin Productions)
Mr Gaunt vs Brazen (Fresh n Funky)
Scott Walker (DROP)
Noodles (tribe187)
Aniki (Nutznboltz :: Ten Pound Crew)
Orinoko (liquidBASS :: MELT)
Si Clone (Submerged :: Bay FM)
MagOO (DROP :: MELT)

and many more!

First and second round tickets have sold out – Don’t miss out!
Third round tickets are available now for $85!

http://earthcore.greentix.com.au

Final release tickets are available from the following outlets for $95 + b/f
Door tickets will be $120 if available.

http://earthcore.greentix.com.au
www.inthemix.com.au
www.ticketek.com.au

BRISBANE CBD
Central Station Records - 195 Elizabeth St :: 07 32100550
Skinny’s Music – 85 Elizabeth St :: 07 32292389
Rockinghorse – 245 Albert St :: 07 32295360

BRISBANE SUBURBS
Gooble Warming - 73 Vulture St, West End :: 07 38446006 (no b/f)
Platform 3 - Shop 1/ 24 Station Rd, Indooroopilly :: 07 3378 6733
Butter Beats – 709 Ann St, Fortitude Valley :: 07 32573257
Phat Stuff - 176 Wickham St, Fortitude Valley :: 07 38522202

GOLD COAST
Toomba Music - Dolphin Centre, Surfers Paradise :: 07 55399396
Music Mania - 77b Scarborourgh St, Southport :: 07 55911665 (no b/f)
Sunflower Music Store - Pacific Fair, Broadbeach :: 07 55381850

SUNSHINE COAST
Red Zoo - Sunshine Plaza, Maroochydore :: 07 54511199

BYRON BAY
Music@Byron - Byron Plaza, Byron Bay :: 02 66857611

LISMORE
Music Bizzare - 96 Magellan St, Lismore :: 02 66223262

details :: www.fusingbrisbane.com/events
details :: www.earthcore.com.au

Still needing to get my ticket for this :) going to be awesome though.

I think there is a map on the earthcore site Urbanhog.

/\ ummmmmmmmm no.

Try many of the acts from melbourne being presented alongside a more diverse range of music and in a more intimate enviornment by a different crew with their own special energy.

:p

exactly : )

in fact many old school Melbourne crew are coming up for this one for those very intimate reasons : )

aka Earthcore 99 but with Amorphous Androgynous!!!

and Squiffy Vision :drool:

FSE said:
exactly : )

in fact many old school Melbourne crew are coming up for this one for those very intimate reasons : )

aka Earthcore 99 but with Amorphous Androgynous!!!

and Squiffy Vision :drool:

Can you give me any idea of what scale the visuals will be on? Or maybe pictures from the same visual people at different events. I suppose that's an odd question, I'm just damn curious.

The grounds look awesome as well :D nice choice of land

ButrosButros_Grantos said:
SO what they're saying is it's like Melbourne's Ec, but not as good?

lol the last one i went to wasnt that great *rolls eyes*

edited title to include venue

Great line-up FSE
14.gif

Some wicked lighting & visual arts are also promised. Word is that Squiffy Vision, arguably the best doof lighting director in this country, has some very freaky visuals lined up for this one. Squiffy, The Travelling KaleidoscopiK Candle Bonanza, and EfX are all old friends, so it promises to be a time of catching up for us all.

The setting is next to the amazing Jimna forest. RaveSafe will also be attending.

Visual scale? mmm - some examples of what we will be matching if not exceeding - Beyond the Brain, Earthcore Millenium, The Dawning, Exodus and Summer Dreaming spring to mind - all of which were produced by either Squiffy Vision or TKCB or both.

The main stage is been custom built for the show - its actually a 14m x 14m square pyramid - 8.5 m high. It is been fit with a dmx controlled mirror so that we can shoot a laser out of the top.. Video wise there will be three screens on the main stage - with two separate feeds. One will be a stargate which will hang from within the laser emitting pyramid. The visuals will consist of custom material, live footage and mixed media. Apart from that there will be an intense moving light show and an incredible amount of psychedelic projection mostly utilizing K2's and Tuder projector's (they're much brighter than a std. fitting). Expect some performance to be choreographed to the music and the light show - plus some surprises ;)

full details here;

http://www.fusingbrisbane.com/events

FSE said:
Visual scale? mmm - some examples of what we will be matching if not exceeding - Beyond the Brain, Earthcore Millenium, The Dawning, Exodus and Summer Dreaming spring to mind - all of which were produced by either Squiffy Vision or TKCB or both.

The main stage is been custom built for the show - its actually a 14m x 14m square pyramid - 8.5 m high. It is been fit with a dmx controlled mirror so that we can shoot a laser out of the top.. Video wise there will be three screens on the main stage - with two separate feeds. One will be a stargate which will hang from within the laser emitting pyramid. The visuals will consist of custom material, live footage and mixed media. Apart from that there will be an intense moving light show and an incredible amount of psychedelic projection mostly utilizing K2's and Tuder projector's (they're much brighter than a std. fitting). Expect some performance to be choreographed to the music and the light show - plus some surprises ;)

full details here;

http://www.fusingbrisbane.com/events

That sounds awesome :D Thanks for the in depth reply

ButrosButros_Grantos said:
SO what they're saying is it's like Melbourne's Ec, but not as good?

I've read the last several posts you have made re EC and it's obvious your comments are politically motivated to put these events down as much as possible.

Pretty sad to be honest.

*starfalls69* said:
lol the last one i went to wasnt that great *rolls eyes*

edited title to include venue

Look out !!!!!!!!!!! Politics are such a horrible thing. :p

Earthcore is a world class event and everyone knows it. =D

^That would be about melbourne earthcore I wouldn't worry about it. Comparing melbourne ec and what the queensland one would be is like comparing cabbage and a apple, they're both the same fruit but one's smaller and different.

All hail Spleh mighty master of fruit and vegetable analogy!

Spleh said:
^That would be about melbourne earthcore I wouldn't worry about it. Comparing melbourne ec and what the queensland one would be is like comparing cabbage and a apple, they're both the same fruit but one's smaller and different.

All hail Spleh mighty master of fruit and vegetable analogy!

Both events will rock !!!!!!!!!! Begone jaded ones !!!!!!!! Back to the cave for you :p

Jaded killer said:
Both events will rock !!!!!!!!!! Begone jaded ones !!!!!!!! Back to the cave for you :p

Is it one of those good caves? With a giant plasma screen tv and sorround sound...maybe even 4 bedrooms and a security system? Hopefully no bears like that one time....

PBF019ADSgtGrumbles.jpg

Jaded killer said:
Look out !!!!!!!!!!! Politics are such a horrible thing. :p

Earthcore is a world class event and everyone knows it. =D

8) i wasnt getting all polictical nor was i trying to do a comparison as im sure the QLD one will kick arse. The melb one was good but it just had it moments like any event..just saying the last one here left a bit to be desired. everyones entitled to an opinion and that was mine.