Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

body ink (merged)

Killing_time

Bluelighter
Body Ink

On a similar note to the "what about all those piercings thread", and fuelled by my fascination with tattoos, I present the BODY INK THREAD.
=D
So do you have any tattoos?
If so, what've you got?
If not, what are you opinions of them?
Have you ever considered getting one, or do you find them a blasphemic degredation upon the ever-so-pure soul inside.
:)
Basically i'm just interested in other peoples opinions on the broad area and any general information you may have (such as good places et cetera).

Me personally, I don't have any, although my interest is continually growing.
A friend on mine got a bulldog tattooed on his calf about a year ago and although i'm not too fond of the picture itself, I was astounded at the quality of the workmanship.
Greatly detailed, good use of colour, blah blah blah.
Anywaze, i'm currently in the process of finding something to get done on my tricep (although i'm not sure if i'd ever go through with it... be it's kewl to dream =D).
I was thinkin' of the whole kunji (sp.) thing but it's so overdone and I wouldn't mind something a little different, but who knows.
:\
Either way it's a big decision... for me personally.
PEACE

It's about time for another tattoo thread. :p

I still want one.
It's still going to be Astro Girl [Uran] to remind me that everyone has a superhero within' them. ;)
Cheesy, I know.

Toying with the idea of a monochrome colour scheme for it...?
Prolly' on my shoulderblade.

Don't know when this will eventuate...when the time is right, no doubt. ;)

COTB (If I can call you that ;)): You may be interested to know I met a guy at a club who had a WIKID astro boy tat.
We got talkin' and he explained to me he had NUMEROUS images of Astro at home and was in the process of becoming the 'person with the largest number of Astro Boy tats in the world'.
Really kewl guy to.
=D
PEACE

I see nothing wrong with tatts if the ARTWORK is quality. what I do oppose to are the so called jail tatts in dodgy BLACK

I have 2 tatts atm both being on right arm. 1 is a celtic armband which took me 3mths to find and the other is an custom original that I had designed of a flying eagle with a green telecaster and a red stratocaster crossing under the eagle.
yes I too think colour is an important part of a tattoo as is the artwork. any fool can tattoo but only a true artist makes it worth looking at.

well I think that sounds right but I know what I meant sorry if you all don't 8( :p

i have nothing wrong with them at all... half my friends have them. but personally i respect myself too much to make a permanent mark on my body, that and my dad would kill me.

but in the state of mind im in now, i will only get one when sum1 in my family dies (parents or brother). and it will be something that somehow reminds me of them

EVERYONE FEEL FREE TO POST ANY PICS OF TATS YOU MAY HAVE OR WISH TO GET IN THE FUTURE *urging tone*
K_T wants to look at some pretty pictures.
=D
PEACE

Woah, the most AstroBoy tatts ever......and yes, of course you can call me that. ;)

As for piccies [I'm bored too] I'm thinking of Uran in a pose like this.........Black and Grey, and quite small. :D

I don't have any, but want to. Problem is, there are two that I've REALLY got my heart set on, and I can't find anyone in Sydney OR Melbourne who'll do em. :(

So I'm trying to reach some happy compromise that's doable, but something I'm not gonna be disappointed in after two weeks...

Raz said:
I don't have any, but want to. Problem is, there are two that I've REALLY got my heart set on, and I can't find anyone in Sydney OR Melbourne who'll do em. :(

So I'm trying to reach some happy compromise that's doable, but something I'm not gonna be disappointed in after two weeks...

If you take a copy of the image to a tattoo artist majority of the time they can use it and do a copy of it, or make any alterations you may done to it.
Then again I could be wrong.
:\
Hope this advice is of any use Raz-a-mataz.
Hehe.
=D

^What are you keen to get man (Raz) ?

No tats for me ... yet.

I fucken love tats. I like guys who have tattoos and I love girls who have good tattoo's. Tats are sexy. The quality of a tattoo is the all-determining factor. I will have colorful sleeves, with classic dice and flames among other brilliant shit. It will be a 'wow' tattoo and I'll get it as soon as I have the $$$$.

The argument I hate is "Oooh, but its permanent" - You only have one life you pussies. I admit, don't get a seasonal tattoo or you're a fool (ie. Peter Andre's name written across your lower back), but a tat is not the end of the world.

^^^Well you'd think....but I've tried that and apparently it's too hard. Fucked if I know why though, it's just a barcode, it's not like a million people don't already have barcodes....

The other one I want is an ourobouros dragon around my finger, but nobody will touch it cause it's my finger. Which pisses me off a LOT, because I've seen people with tatts on their fingers before....grrrrrr. :X

(EDIT: That was in response to Killing Time, but as it turns out it answers diego's question as well....ain't synchronicity grand...) =D

I've always been really keen on getting a tattoo at least one. I never have though. Which has surprised heaps of people my dad is always saying he is surprised I haven't got one. I just smile sweetly and say I do its just not anywhere he's gonna see it;)

I love individuality so if I get one which I think I eventually will, I'd have to design it myself. I know where I would get it too. Once I decided on getting one I would the picture/design with me everywhere and stick it up in my room, on my computer, in my car and look at it several times a day for a year. Then I will know whether or not I will get sick of it.

I have seen many finger tats aswell. They look cool, but are probably hard to do.

Barcodes are awesome. Where do you want to get it? My cousin has one on the back of his neck and it looks pretty cool.

I have tried to get tattoo's done before but it simply hasnt worked out.

I am of the type that I need a truly unique design, because if I saw someone with the same tatt I would want to scrape off mine with a rusty razor.

First time I tried was in Amsterdam where I went to the same artist that tattoed Anthony Keidis's Aztec themed back tattoo, but he was entirely booked out for 3 months.

Second time was in Bangkok (I know, I know) where there is a world famous tatooist who goes by the name of Lil' Joe, but he was also booked out.

Other than that the only close call I have had was when I was with a bunch of mates in Bangkok and while drunk we decided to get tatt's done. After getting in the dogiest place possible (rusty needles, Listerine for sterilization, the tattoo guy trying to get us more drunk) we made some kind of elaborate excuse and did a runner.
We went to another place which actually had the right equipment and such and I was 3rd in line from my mates to get one done.

By the time it was my shot I changed my mind...I wanted to sunbake and swim on the Thai islands but with a new tattoo you cannot do that..

The 2 mates before me got some nice ink done on their backs and arms though :)

hehe im such a piker.

Raz's Official Tattoo Wish List

In order of how much I want em.....
  • Barcode: I want a barcode on my neck which reads The New Human. As far as I can tell the only reason nobody will do it for me is that because it's a specific code, the bars have to be particular lengths and it's all too finicky for anyone to be bothered with. I thought about getting some generic barcode, but threw that away cause there's no point if it doesn't mean anything.
  • Ourobouros Dragon: An ourobouros is a symbol of a serpent devouring its own tail. Google it for images and various interpretations of what it means. The reason I want a dragon is that's my Chinese Zodiac sign. All I really want is a basic silhouette, like a line drawing, but again I think it's too finicky for anyone to be bothered with....I'm thinking of making it a color dragon around my ankle or wrist or something, but that idea's still growing on me...
  • Tom of Finland guys: I want a leatherman on each arm, one with devil horns and tail, and the other with angel wings. I'm not getting this done till plenty more time at gym though.
That's about all the ones I desperately want....there are a few others I wouldn't mind, but these are the ones that I plan on having at some stage or another. Anything else isn't so important.

diegoblunt said:
Has anyone had their foot done? I hear that is quite the painful region.

bottom of ya foot...... a few places round where i live offer u free tatoos for LIFE, if the first one u ever get is on the bottom of ya foot.....

personally i dont have a tattoo, but i dont mind em, and i will probly get one if *touchwood* i ever lose somebody close, something to remember them by....

when i was 16 i wanted to get every tat under the sun, but i slowly changed my stance over the next couple of years

I saw this guy the other day with tear drops tattoo'd onto his cheek. Apparently its a jailhouse tattoo that ya get if you ratted on someone in (or before) jail.