• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

body ink (merged)

UnSquare that looks even better when we get to see all of it. i fuck'n love it.

I like well done tats on people. I got one last year, a small butterfly on the top of my butt - everyone was getting chinese symbols and tats on their lower back, but I wanted something that resembled the moment in my life where I felt i had finally grown my own wings and had become my indpendent person and was very content with where I was at. I designed it with the help of the tatoo artist - and i absolutlely love it, and no one else can see it, unless I want them to.

I have a tatt, slightly bigger than a 50 cent peice, on my right hip. It's of two dolphins swimming in a circle head to tail and it has blue/black colours.

At the time I got it I was just an innocent naiive 18 year old (now oh so much wiser at 29 ;) ), and I thought my choice was it and a bit. It was during the early 90's period where flower-power and hippie stuff was revived and everyone wore sarongs and rastifarian hats and burned incence. To me, it was very "sufer", very "zodiac" (I'm a Pisces) and just uber-cool.

Now.... l dunno. I still love it; but not so much because of what it means, but just because it's part of me and I'm so used to it. I was mortified when everyone started getting dolphin tatts, because I certainly didn't intend to be a copy-cat, I truly got my dolphins because I liked them. And I've never regretted it for a second (getting the tatt that is). It's extremely sexy ;)

It's good advice to tell people to "think carefully" about what they get, but really - can you predict the future? Something might mean something to you at the time (like my dolphins did) and ten years later become somewhat irrelevant. I'd try and get something timeless if I did it again, but I wouldn't stress too much, as long as it's not 'trendy' or ugly.

Because just as much as they are marks of individuality, tatoos are reminders of your past... sometimes reminders of how far you've come. And that's not always a bad thing. :)

^^very true :) They resemble and signify a period of your life and says something about who you were at the time (your way of thinking and perspective etc)

I sometimes wish i didn't get my dolphins put on my back because i would really like angel wings there to take up my shoulder blades but tattoos are permenant and my little fishies are there to stay ;)

will have to post a pic of my tatt as soon as i get a pic of it.
its about 2 months old now.:)

^ now THAT is some good moderating :D

Personally, I have no tattoos. I just see them as something I would totally regret later on in my life. If I needed to alter my body that much, I'd just get some piercings, stop showering, and let all my body hair grow.;)

Don't have time to post thoughts (Im off for a few beers in front of a fire at a local pub) but I'll post some pics taken of me ages ago. About 1/2 to 2/3rds what I have on me. I'll post why, when, how etc tomorrow or tonight if I'm not too drunk :)

MVC-036F.JPG

MVC-037F.JPG

MVC-038F.JPG

MVC-039F.JPG

MVC-040F.JPG

MVC-041F.JPG

MVC-042F.JPG

Last edited:
i would love to get a tattoo. but because i'm joining the army i can't :(
i wanted it on my lower arm and don't think i can have anything that is shown while in uniform

so if you went to join the army and you already had a visable tattoo that would sho through the uniform you wouldn't be accepted in? thats pretty fucking stupid not t mention the fact that it's inforcing that this society leaves no room for personal expression and freedom...pffftttt..

I have an Ankh - the Egyptian symbol for life - at the base of my spine.

ankh.jpg

I'd like to get another, but as yet haven't got a design picked. I waited about two years after deciding on the Ankh before getting it done.

doofqueen said:
so if you went to join the army and you already had a visable tattoo that would sho through the uniform you wouldn't be accepted in? thats pretty fucking stupid not t mention the fact that it's inforcing that this society leaves no room for personal expression and freedom...pffftttt..

Soldiers aren't meant to have personal expression and freedom. They are supposed to just follow orders like 'a good soldier'

That's one reason I would never join the army :) Besides killing people and stuff

And to be on topic. I had been planning to get tattooed for 6 years before getting my first one, I then landed a job at a tattoo shop and got what I have on me now (about 150 odd hours) in the space of just over a year. I've been planning to get a 2/3rd body suit ever since I was a young teenager but I stopped at what I have just because of a big case of 'cant be fucked'. I haven't been tattooed for about 7 years or more but eventually plan (sometime this year??) to get tattooed again. I want to finish off my left leg with cartoon style stuff, mainly LOBO character and spiderman for a start.

These 2 characters were my 2 fav comic book characters for ages and really appreciate the artwork for them to be put on me. My back is very personal (musical people/bands that have shaped the person I am) as I played guitar/played in bands for many years and that has made me the person I am. I pretty much spent most of my teenage hood 'for music' and not much else. hehe.

i'm getting my next addition inked next week. I've given my design to my friend who is a tattooist & he's reworked it slightly (it looks awesome). I can't wait. I was going to get it under the tattoo at the top of my spine but i think that it's now going to sit further down on my back, and to the side...

Its the only pic I've been able to find and it was taken by a shitty digi cam that does it no justice, made it look all blury :(

You get the idea though.

P4030025.jpg

Thought about getting one for ages but I never found a design I loved. The urge is now gone so I doubt I will get one after all.

I got my first tat at the tender age of 17 - on my left shoulder/upper arm - a (VERY cheesy :D) heart with an arrow through it and a banner wrapped around it - was VERY close to having a name put in it at the same time (of the girl who I had always though was THE ONE) - but the guy obviously sensed a slight uncertainty and talked me out of it. I don't regret it at all, it is a part of me and reminds me of a fun part of my life, the friend who took me to get it done, and the girl who was almost permanently inscribed on me.

My second tattoo was done at 19 and is a circular celtic design, with a celtic arm band all the way around my left arm above the bicep. I love celtic art, and I love the memories associated with this tat. Will post pics when I have some :)

Originally posted by che_melbourne
i respect myself too much to make a permanent mark on my body

I really don't like the implication that people with tattoos don't respect themselves.

I have a tatt on my foot!

Well i have a tatt on the top of my foot...

I also have one in the small of my back (I know, I know - everyone does).

I got the one on my back first. If I had the one on my foot done first I would never have got another one I don't think. Good lord the pain!!

I do have pics of the one on my foot - but can't work out how to post them...

I got the one on my foot just before Christmas 2003 - It is the same as my hubby's - his is on his arm. It is the symbol for our surname in Chinese!!

Let me tell all of you who might be thinking of tattooing your feet - it hurt like nothing else. I was laughing hysterically the whole time - if I hadn't been laughing I would have been crying. I could not believe how painful it was. Even the guy doing it who was COVERED in tatts said he wouldn't ever get one on his foot (he called me hardcore!!!) - now I know why!

Luckily it only took about 15 mins, just as I was about to say STOP for a while cos it hurt so much, it was done! But , I would do it all again, I like it way more than it hurt. People told me that the one on my lower back would hurt but it was nothing compared to this - which is why when people said my foot would hurt I didn't believe them but it is true!!

Oh i finally have a pic of one of my tatts. This is the first one i got done when i was 17. It's only little and really girly but i think it's beautiful in it's simplicity :)

RIMG0099.jpg

edit...fixed linky

Last edited: