• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bluelight Writers

Yeah, the word I hear is that the promoters of 'Movin thru Air', the d'n'b night at the Hunter, will be moving to a bigger venue soon, maybe just for a once off, maybe for ever, and will be featuring and international dj. You can catch it tonite though and next thursday at the Hunter if you interested, though. A FOAF is the promoter, so hopefully we'll be seeing a bit of a d'n'b explosion on the sydney scene, and not too soon either, IMHO.

Originally posted by moocho:
Cheers 2 of Cups!!!
That information was both informative and entertaining! :D
Let's do lunch...
Mooch

OK, not sure how or why I was entertaining, but glad to be of use in some way! :D

Yay for my baby being a big famous writer!
And thank you Jip honey for letting me be ur +1 all the time...clubbing wouldn't be the same without u.
Yay for everyone on this link supporting music writers too!

Yey for Black lace books who have accepted two of my erotic novels for publishing.
Now I just have to finish them off and I tell you it's hard as hell to accept some of the constructive criticism you get back, and having sex scenes sent back for re-writing because it's too hardcore and needs toning down is really rough... especially if it's something you've done before ;)
It just proves tho that no matter what you write, there's always an audience out there, you just need to find them.
Pity I can't make a living doing this but the royalties (paid in UK pounds - Wh00t) are going to help my Perth fund.

Im in the proceess of writing a feature film script. Ive just begun, so its going to take a good long while, but my aim is to get it made and to direct it :)
Ive got a few films im going to write, just getting my ass down and doing it is another story...
I also write a lot of poetry, do a search on the Words archive on BL, or just the words forum if you want to read some of my stuff. :)

Well...
It's now been *looks at watch* about 4 months since my crippling writers block has fully been overcome, so I'm now back writing again. I'm in the process of writing a book with a working title "the Vibe" which is basically a veiled autobiography that deals with the spiritual awakening I experienced with my first rave, drugs, the neo-archaic age, love, Zen and a shitload of other things.
It's going to basically be in the same type of style (but more polished) of my tribute to evilcalvin but with a bit more substance and a *sigh* positive message behind it.
I also write for ITM, RA and 12am... just search for articles under the name "Orpheus Sun"
Here's hoping that I get into Communications next year, cause I now that I've got my passion for writing back, I can't fucking stop.
Oh yeah, and my livejournal at http://www.livejournal.com/users/orpheussun also is a repository for my more self indulgent writings.
[edit] fixed the link to your journal - Kitty
[ 31 October 2002: Message edited by: PsychoKitten ]

Hey all..
I am now writing for the loacl street press up here in newy called U-turn. Got me own little column and 'what's on' section going down. Almost finished, should be on the net as well so i'll let ya's know. Havent written for a while, but im fully feeling it now, me thinks writing is cool.
adios!

Not being currently able to commit to much at the moment beyond university, i do confess to being the Lyricist in my band - i've ritten a fair whack of musical words in my short time (viz. 100+ songs), so far we've used 8 of them, so i guess that's a good start... :)
I'm also working on an anthology of bitingly satirical poetry, inspired by such litterary genius as Poe, Lovecraft, Wilde, Douglas and etc... I have about 6000 words so far, but i'll probably wait until i'm at 20 000 before i send it to anyone relevant. :)
I've also applied for the same degree as Fetish Jester... goddamn tourism management is slowly killing me!

Hi all
Don't know how to post a LINK to any of my articles, but I just thought I'd chime in here and put my hand up as a writer.
I freelance regularly for Nature & Health magazine if anyone sees it in the newsagents. Also Women's Fitness and Health, and Better Health occasionally.
Yay for us... writers rock ;)
Carla.

so, how many more writers are floating around bluelight today? *looks at candyflip*

i'm kinda trying to be a writer, suceeding occasionally, falling victim to laziness mostly though. got a few things up on inthemix, and a few ideas in the pipeline, plus a few published articles in metro magazine.

apart from that i'm gonna try to get a bit of freelance work over the summer, so hopefully my name will be popping up here and there.

i'll go find some examples later :)

Taliana said:
Im in the proceess of writing a feature film script. Ive just begun, so its going to take a good long while, but my aim is to get it made and to direct it :)
Ive got a few films im going to write, just getting my ass down and doing it is another story...
I also write a lot of poetry, do a search on the Words archive on BL, or just the words forum if you want to read some of my stuff. :)

Quoting myself is fun... However, good thing someone bumped this thread... might kick my ass into gear to actually GET GOING with this film script... *lazy ass*

^ I own/run an online parenting community and am in the process of setting up the "women's lifestyle" part of it - would LOVE to be able to feature some of your work, maybe employ you freelance in a couple of months when it all gets off the ground..?

Or anyone else who writes for that sort of market? Women aged 18-45, mostly parents (or parents-to-be later on)?

Anna that'd be great.... I'd love to. :) PM me when you get it up and running. I'd love to hear your story ideas (or perhaps contribute some) and I'd be delighted to freelance for you.

i havent written articles but i write a bit of poetry , ive posted them up in 'words' (a while ago though so they probably are not current) and in my journal on here aswell :)

*bump*

Well, I'm in a writing degree now, and I can now write what I want at a drop of a hat. I'm surprised at how far my abilities, both techincal and creative have exploded. Nowdays I've got a large portfolio of published writings and I think I might just be able to make a living out of this.

But, my book is probably still at the same state last time I posted. On the other hand, I've got some short stories (which no one will read till I've polished them to a blinding shine)

So, what's been going on for other people in the wonderful world of words?