Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bluelight Writers

moocho

Bluelighter
I just recently got my first article published on inthemix, and was keen to share it with everyone else. If there are other Bluelight folks out there who have had something published, i figure this is the place you could post it or a link to it.
Heres my review of Nutshell Breaks
:)

Nice work dude! One question, do you get any kind of payment or anything from inthemix? Its a published piece of work on a very popular site, i mean im sure you are gonna say you dont get anything from it, like did u have to pay to get into the event yourself in order to review it?
Doing some journalism subjects at uni and although i dont want to be a journalist, id be interested to know if places like inthemix actually give u any credit for doing it.

Nice one moocho! Now why won't anybody publish my DXM induced diatribe about a road trip to rosebud that also served as an exploration of life, philosophy and absolutely everything else? Stupid Hunter S. Thompson i'll get you for taking all the work of drug whore journalists away from them!

Bumpage!
Nice work Moocho, writing for sites like inthemix are the best way to get free tix and make contacts for future, hopefully PAID work! I've been writing for inthemix and resident advisor for a few months now, had more than 15 reviews published. Also writing dance music and theatre related reviews for the uni rag Vertigo, and had a few things published in 3dWorld. I write under the names antipop on ITM and nj on RA. As a journo student also, doing thes reviews has helped me find my niche, I just have to find out where the cash is in dance music journalism!
I swear, since I started reviewing, I've never had to pay entry prices and never gone out clubbing so much. Only trouble is they don't pay for your 'extra's'!
Maybe I shouldn't have said all that, wouldn't want to see everyone getting into it and taking all the free tix away.
Good luck with the reviews Moocho, if you have time you should sign up to contribute to resident advisor or one of the many smaller genre specific dance sites (theres a Sydney d'n'b one I forget the name of, link's on inthemix), they need the support more than inthemix.

Nice Moocho, Congratulations! Read your article; great review.
On another note, may I again kick myself and glare at all you published writers and journalism students with envy :)
lmao Tabernacle.. you can't write 'ether' anymore without some uni student quoting back at you with a raised eyebrow.

i review for inthemix too...
my last piece was a scathing review of Advent*jah at the Shark Hotel :D hehe
we dont get paid by inthemix but you get to meet alot of very kool and powerful people and you get into the event free with a +1 *waves to her +1 Mirage*

Nice work, Moocho, well done!. Leecie, I read that review of yours too, made me very glad I didn't go.

Thanks everyone! :D
But this wasn't a self gratification thread, i was also keen to read some other people's stuff, so if you can find links to your articles and stories (especially the rosebud dxm adventure) please post them!!
Yeah i got free tickets to the event i reviewed, which was all i really wanted, never had so much fun running around straight at a party!
Your feedback makes me wonder if i ever should of quit Professional Writing at the Uni of Canberra...ha! I made the right decision. :D

Goddam fuck wonker mu-ghey-be disks with bad sectors, my dxm road-trip story lost forever :( . All i can say is that i know the rosebud chainsaw massacre family that we passed coming out of safeway (with their freakish elongated jaws :) HAHAHA ROBO-XTREME :) ) will haunt my psyche forever! Sorry moocho i'll just have to lend money to my unemployed mate, wait till he doesna pay, demand that he drive me to Rosebud and back and vist the pharmacy for a 300ml Robo DX booster.
Vaile*: :) LMFAO too, it just brought me back to that first year chem prac, where the supervisor was telling the other students not to sniff the ether and i was already dippin a rag into the bottle. Now that was a fun 3 hours, although many test tubes and other shatterables went to the dustbin in the sky

They're some funky ass reviews Jip!!
You'll be seeing me at the Hunter Bar soon me thinks, gotta love the combo of the drum and the bass. Nice one Mirage, for posting some links to some work, for that is why this thread was started! Keep them coming people or im just gonna start throwing down some rhymes, heres a small selection from a freestyle battle i had with BigTrancer yesterday...

The boyz in the hood are always hard,
Come talking that trash we'll pull your card, Knowing nothing in life but to be legit,
Don't quote me boy, I aint said shit...
If you wanna a real story
Head down to the hoods,
Where the brothers are fighting
And nothing's no good
Mamma's run from the streets
And have nightmares at night
Dreaming of the day, with such fright
That a pig be stepping up to-her-door
And informing her
That her baby's no more

Respekt goes to BT and his ability to lay down the phattness... :D

^Mooch, maybe u should stick to writing articles. Sure aint no Vanilla Ice. ;)
Nah, but seriously, nice article, man.
U captured the excitement of a small town with a young, underdeveloped electronic scene experiencing its first big successful parties, which, by the way, have rEalLy been kickin ass lately.
Mooch, U should make sure ur on hand to cover the Electrofringe Festival in Newie later this year, that being the other major event that puts this town on the Electronica map.
...and that Christian dude should lay of the whizz! what a muddlehead!!! ;)

Yeah that Christian, he's a real fiend, i seen him railing coffee, and i mean, that was on a good night. :D

Cheers for the props Mooch. hehe, I'd post some of my rhymes here but they don't come off well unless they're actually being rapped/spoken. Maybe an idea for another thread. Seeing as Mirage did the hard work and put up the links to my reviews on ITM, here's the links to my RA reviews if anyones interested.
www.residentadvisor.com/reviews.asp?ID=293
www.residentadvisor.com/reviews.asp?ID=274
" " " " " " " " ID=237
" " " " " " " "ID=217
" " " " " " " ID=213
" " " " " " ID=211
" " " " " " "ID=193
" " " " " " ID=170
" " " " " " ID=166
" " " " " " ID=161
" " " " " " " ID=165
Well, thats a pretty comprehensive list, hope I haven't bored anyone to death. If you check out the first few links you'll find that I really REALLY like FunkTrust. Advance thanks to anyone who bothers to check out these links.

Moocho: My friend runs a bar at the Hunter :) . The DnB isn't a regular feature, they had Breaks the week after on the Thursday, and usually they have the horrible RnB-ollox nights on Saturdays *blech*. But he said the DnB night was brilliant and he's pushing for it to become a regular event. Thought you'd like to know :) .

Cheers 2 of Cups!!!
That information was both informative and entertaining! :D
Let's do lunch...
Mooch
PS - Does anyone have any stories that are just sitting in their computer that they want to share?? I'll post mine soon..