• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Best non narcotic drug for dealing with opiate withdrawal joint pains

I was on clonidine and methocarbanol and nothing helped the pain. My doctor gave me lidocaine for my back and I cut one in half and slapped them on my calves. It was the first break in pain in days. Good luck.

If you are looking for otc then I would recommend midol buddy. It is great for cramps and other pains. Model with an NSAID and some dxm. That's the best otc remedy I can think of besides taking tons of Imodium and risk messing up your heart and becoming addicted to that.

My 0.02

I've always found good ole Advil or Ibuprofen to be about as good as it gets for joint/arthritis (and muscular pain too) type pains, surprisingly enough. BTW, if what you're looking for is a reduction in pain, Immodium is not going to do the trick. That is usually taken to reduce WD discomfort, not to treat joint pain. And as was previously mentioned, comes with its own set of problems/issues, especially when taken in quantity. Good luck OP!

Saying it's impossible to overdose on buprenorphine is misleading. It is very possible under certain circumstances. It will also get you high once your tolerance is low, so if you're looking for a non-narcotic way, buprenorphine isn't it.

This is not a drug, but an exercise that gave me a lot of relief.

I found a pull up bar that hangs from your doorway.. I would get a good grip and just hang and stretch for as long as I could stand it. It gave me relief to restlessness and discomfort due to wd 5 seconds at a time. Exercise on that for a while, then go take a good hot shower. Its also worth noting that staying somewhat active helps calm one down mentally.