• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzos before job interview

Benzos definitely cost me 2 interview failures where i just might have succeeded otherwise. Feedback provided was that other candidates seemed to want the job more. Which makes sense. Benzos make you care too little and relax too much ime.
Exactly, that's been my experience too. I've never taken benzos before an interview. I like to go sober or if I feel I need something extra I dose pramipexole, a dopamine agonist, a few days before the interview. Benzos would just make me tooooo chiiiled:D

.5 mg of Diazepam? Huh? Are you sure you don't mean 5? Because 0.5 mg of Diazepam is basically nothing.
LOL my bad, i meant 5mg or 7.75 of course.
The interview postponed to thursday so maybe ill take 7.75mg tommrow for a test.

low dose of xanax or valium, but it depends on your tolerance...i've been to several job interviews under valium and xanax...i prefer xanax myself cas i dont need that muscle relaxant feel so much when i should be standing with a straight back holding a "very interested and eager " face one me.

We can all tell you what benzo to take, but in the end you'll have to learn how to get through normal life situations without the help of drugs that's what I had to realize :/

A job interview isn't really a common, "normal" occurrence, though. It isn't really something people experience on a regular basis (unless they're chronically unemployed) so it seems like a fine scenario to pop a pill prior to IMO. The trick is to dose just high enough that you reach threshold anxiolytic effects and no higher than that...

Eat half of the dose you think you need. A bit of nerves are good. What you lack is confidence. If you have confidence the interview always goes better. If you can run/lift before hand all the better

Burnt offerings you didn't understand what I meant, job interview is a normal part of life experience we all go through 95% of people without benzos before hand . It can be anything oral presentation in class, an audition whatever

Yeah...but IF it helps, why not take one beforehand? There's really no negative that I can see.

If they affect you in NEGATIVE way, then of course don't take them. But hey, why not. I'd pop 0.5 mgs of clonazepam before an interview and knock that sucker out of the park

Eat half of the dose you think you need. A bit of nerves are good. What you lack is confidence. If you have confidence the interview always goes better. If you can run/lift before hand all the better
I dont run. Lifting actually could be very good but the interview is early in the morning so its kinda problem.

You're are exactly right man. Benzodiazepines alter me, as they are suppose too. However when I need to perform publicly or at an interview, nothing beats going in sober and confidant;)

Definitely xanax(low dose though). I took it before a job interview and they actually hired me.

So i took 7.5mg of valium and the interview went well. I wasnt felt nervous but i either wasnt high or something. Waiting for an answear right now.

By the way, If ill take it once in like 2 weeks or something, the tolerance will still build?

I use propononol/inderal for public performance stress-inducing situations... It deals with the physical manifestations - heart rate, etc.

Where's your confidence? We all have to interview. No one likes it! Learn to adapt, put on your big boy pants, and go kick some ass. You don't need to sedate yourself over a job interview!

Some people do..

I have had a job interview before sober and I could not even speak.

Seriously who gives a shit. If drugs make you bullshit better and do the ridiculous little song-and-dance most employers want, take drugs. Confidence generally-speaking is a good quality to have, but I totally understand not giving a shit about what some jackass thinks about the unique personality traits you bring to some menial employment position that maybe, just maybe, tranquilizers will make you suck up just that much better.

well, you wouldnt feel high because you are using the drug for what it is actually made for; ANXIETY! I was a recruiter and have interviewed hundreds and hundreds of people over the years. however, I worked in the IT field so it was a more mature/intelligent type crowed but people still were VERY NERVOUS at times when questions were asked or if they did not fully understand the question/job itself. you'd be surprised the looks/sweats/shakes you get w/ these interviews.

an anxiety med is made for things like this; NOT A XANAX, tho. then again, I seem to think all benzos are very similar but you'd want one w/ a longer last effect. not sure what job this is for or even what TYPE of job but an interview may last more than 15 minutes and the xanax will surly help but you wanna be chilled out, so maybe go w/ a konlopin thats if you even have the choice; if not, get ANYTHING you can. I see you already had the interview and said it went well. IF a round 2 comes about, that means you are one of theirs favs, so make sure all goes well and take another anxiety pill to make sure you are the same person as before; the one they liked, ya know!?

what type of job if you dont mind me asking? how old are you? any news yet from the company/people?

BostonBrownTown, The job is for car rental company and im 22 years old. Never worked in a serious job before. And i was told that i will get an answear in the beggining of this week.

Also im asking again, is a tolerance for benzos can still being build when you take it once in like 2 weeks?