• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo tapering after 1-2 weeks of use?

Just don't go up. Personally Id stay at 5mg for three days, then 2.5mg for three, and then just quit. Well honestly I wouldn't even taper if I had been using for less than two weeks. Expect just a bit of rebound anxiety that shouldn't last more than a few days. Everyone's different though, and if you've been hooked on them in the past that could play a part in how bad the w/d will be.

Do you guys think its ok to dose only once daily? Or is it better to divide up the dosages? The half-life of diazepam is like 100hours, but the effects dont last that long imo

Although I agree with you, Im still concerned about things like seizures and stuff like that. Im still suffering from muscle twitches from my previous benzo experiences some months ago. Do you think its safe to taper this fast? If so, I'll gladly do it, but my health is my main concern here.

you are not going to seiz from a little over a week on 10mg a day of valium... trust me dude. Yes it's fine to taper at that rate, especially with valium, since it has such a long half life, it basically tapers itself. You can do a quicker taper now because your habit is still small, keep it up though and you'll dig yourself into another dependence hole that is really hard to get back out of without lots of shitty withdrawals.

I doubt you'll listen to me, I feel as if you are semi-determined to get yourself another benzo habit, even if it is by rationalizing. Good luck dude.

its been 5 weeks with these rc benzos though..... i've went through over 100mg of etiz and last week went thru 30mg of clonozlam its a rec benzo half life up to 18hrs i ordered more to taper with i still have 24mg of etiz that im trying not to touch...... i think my doses are way higher then you so idk about my w/ds ive been doing this for about a month .....i appreciate anyone who gives advice thanks....... :/

its been 5 weeks with these rc benzos though..... i've went through over 100mg of etiz and last week went thru 30mg of clonozlam its a rec benzo half life up to 18hrs i ordered more to taper with i still have 24mg of etiz that im trying not to touch...... i think my doses are way higher then you so idk about my w/ds ive been doing this for about a month .....i appreciate anyone who gives advice thanks....... :/

This is why RC benzos are a serious problem, so many people dig themselves into a massive habit really quickly, and benzo withdrawal once you have a real habit and using for more then a few weeks downregulates the gaba-a receptors and then unless you do a a proper taper with a long half life benzo, you are going to have awful withdrawals and paws that can last for months or longer.

I know you will try to taper but the reality is with cheap benzos at your finger tips, will you really have the will power?

This is why RC benzos are a serious problem, so many people dig themselves into a massive habit really quickly, and benzo withdrawal once you have a real habit and using for more then a few weeks downregulates the gaba-a receptors and then unless you do a a proper taper with a long half life benzo, you are going to have awful withdrawals and paws that can last for months or longer.

I know you will try to taper but the reality is with cheap benzos at your finger tips, will you really have the will power?

I have strong will power i quit a meth addiction and a oxy addiction but damn today i've had no etiz (i have 24 mg ) and clonanzolam on the way hopefully to help taper. but dam today i've been just using nootropics and caffiene with my nictoine but i already feel rebound from the previous etiz and clonz my body fckin hurts man .......... with my next order ill try small doses like .125mg cause clonz is 3x stronger then kpins..... if i fuck this up at least it will get me through my first couple weeks of college classes but if the w/ds after my next order happens after my taper idk what to do other then go to a doc although they prob wont give me anything knowing they know im an addict on profile..... :(

Edit: feeling fine today without but probably take etiz to sleep....

Last edited:
you are not going to seiz from a little over a week on 10mg a day of valium... trust me dude. Yes it's fine to taper at that rate, especially with valium, since it has such a long half life, it basically tapers itself. You can do a quicker taper now because your habit is still small, keep it up though and you'll dig yourself into another dependence hole that is really hard to get back out of without lots of shitty withdrawals.

I doubt you'll listen to me, I feel as if you are semi-determined to get yourself another benzo habit, even if it is by rationalizing. Good luck dude.

Dude, the reason I started the thread in the first place was to NOT get hooked on these again. I came here for advice, and Im going to take whatever advice I can get. I'll try what you said, and dont go above 5mg for a few days, then 2,5mg, then quit. The reason Im hesitant to quitting cold turkey is because I still suffered derealization, panic attacks and strong anxiety from my previous habit up until the point where I took them last week

Dude, the reason I started the thread in the first place was to NOT get hooked on these again. I came here for advice, and Im going to take whatever advice I can get. I'll try what you said, and dont go above 5mg for a few days, then 2,5mg, then quit. The reason Im hesitant to quitting cold turkey is because I still suffered derealization, panic attacks and strong anxiety from my previous habit up until the point where I took them last week

how long do you think w/d will last? i mean im using rc benzos so im prob gonna just be brain dead but i heard it can last up to months

I am sort of new here. Can anyone explain what RC benzos are? Is it a brand like Ativan?

agitated how? what dose did you take? what form of it did you take? prob took to much? or maybe kava isnt for you i took it on and off for about 4 months at one point never had issues like that all it did was put me to sleep which isnt a bad thing but wasnt what i was looking for

To answer your question I just bought like a bottle at walmart of the pills by Spring Made or something like that. I only took one of the pills, went and laid in bed expecting to start feeling drowsy but instead I felt my heart start racing and became agitated. I felt like it was like akathisia. That being said, I seem to be very prone to getting that --I got it when given Compazine once in the ER years ago for nausea and even recently when I tried switching from methadone to Buprenorphine--UGH.

So like I said, maybe my poor brain is wired differently....

I am sort of new here. Can anyone explain what RC benzos are? Is it a brand like Ativan?

Research Chemicals - ie new benzos not made by any pharmas (yet). Nifoxipam for example, a cheap RC benzo which is also a metabolite of flunitrazepam.

Research chemicals. Basically, benzos that were discovered at one point, but then not picked up by a pharm company and branded, but rather just kinda left. Or they can be entirely new benzos that some chemist has made. They are unregulated for the most part, so anyone can buy them, and with the nature of benzos being that they are very fiendish (easy to get in the habit of taking them daily), and no control over the limit you can buy, a lot of people end up building a high tolerance quickly to them and start taking them in moderate to high doses daily, most of the time without knowing how awful the withdrawals are or how quickly physical dependence can develope to them.

Another problem is that some of the RC benzos we know very little about, like half-life, effective dosages etc, so its not very smart to use in a tapering situation.