• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Aus social virtual suggestion box (bitch about Aus social here!!!!)

lostpunk5545 said:
I try to keep repetiveness of my inaneness to a minimum. But keep throwing your one sentence criticisms out left, right and centre. It's endearing as fuck.

save some inaneness for play in the lounge lost punk! I really need more Aussies there

:(

lostpunk5545 said:
I try to keep repetiveness of my inaneness to a minimum. But keep throwing your one sentence criticisms out left, right and centre. It's endearing as fuck.

A minimum you say? Three posts in a row about "Waltzing Matilda"? Come now Lostpunk, is there anything else you'd like me to pass along to the kettle from the pot aside from it being black?

As exciting as a pseudo-verbal exchange of useless bullshit sounds at the moment I'll pass and leave the bait existent for a fish of lesser intelligence.

* Dr. claw smashes cat out of the way before thumping metal encased hand on desk *

:)

lostpunk5545 said:
* Dr. claw smashes cat out of the way before thumping metal encased hand on desk *

:)

"Next time Gadget... next time..."

;)

<3

FaTz said:
The FaTz's of this world (As discussed with MP the other w/e) has about 10-15 Notepad docos' with threads written in them ready to be posted. However they are all serious discussion threads, and really no use posting them considering theres SO MUCH else we could all talk about...
^IMHO, the only way you will ever change the landscape of this place is posting threads yourself. Threads you would like to read and would like to contribute to yourself.
If people don't want to read it and contribute themselves then so be it. The huge variety of inately different individual people make up this forum. You can't tell them what to choose to post to or what will interest them [although we can in some cases censor what they end up posting].

If so many of you hate the smile etc. threads then don't contribute. Easy. Those of us who like them will still post in them... and most likely in any other thread we find of interest too. :\.

up all night said:
Although I'm sure you have the exact same amount of confidence and arrogance in real life?! Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

I'll correct you there. He's like a little puppy in the flesh, very easy to get along with, very easy to coax a reaction out of and will bite you with razor sharp teeth if you play too rough with him. i'd say cute, but I eat puppies, so instead, i'll leave it as delicious

Rubber_Duck said:
I feel the reason why people are not starting new creative threads is for the very reason that new generation of bluelighters cant be bothered starting a new discussion because it may have already been done 4 years ago, and thus it will be joined up to page 8.

Just to address this point... we actually had feedback on this a few months back and since that time, unless there is an existing thread that is less than 6 months old, new threads will generally not be merged with older threads.

Righto.

There seems to be alot of tension over what is essentially a trivial issue. I agree in many respects that Aus Social has been a bit boring of late, and it is IMO overcrowded with threads like "what are you drinking right now", "describe a bluelighter you just met" etc. The jist of the matter is that if you want Aus Social to be more interesting and not overrun by the same old threads then think up some newer and interesting ones. IMO the closed ones that have been linked in this thread (with a few bordering on exceptions) are boring and only get short posts that are silly and it is little wonder they were closed. For those complaining that newer threads are always pushed to pages 2 and 3, well who cares, if you like the thread so much then simply click on page 2 or 3 and reply and 'wouldn't you know it' its right bac on page one.

As for the 'cliquiness', IMO most of this seems to be rather the same people posting more regularly rather than ignoring noobs. The reason that alot of the older posters seem to attract more attention and point the conversation in their direction is mainly because their posts are often more interesting than others. You could say I am a newbie, even though before I did have higher post count before BL changed. Have I ever felt ignored on Aus social when I have posted? Yes, but I put this down simply to the ebb and flow of how an online conversation goes rather than because I have fewer posts or because I not in regular contact with MUzby or MoeBro. Cliques are going to occur in any sort of prolonged social interaction, even on an internet forum. What can be done about them? Nothing, probably. I don't think it really even matters if there are cliques on this forum, as everyone can still respond and have input and everyone can read the said input. IF someone who you don't know doesn't pat you on the back on your post or reply in the manner you wanted then this isn't going to have a huge impact on your life, you still got to make your point and have your say.

Rubber_Duck said:
In my opinion, I have noticed many new posters on bluelight, and an example of this is the “ Have you caught your parents in bed Thread” , It is seriously been over crowded with green lighters and people who have been hear for 3 months with huge post counts.

These are the types of threads I would like to see more of. They are funny to read and everyone can have a laugh at others experiences and post some of their own. That is why there probably alot of greenlighters coming out of the wood work to make some comments.

AS to all those out there who are getting all worked up over this. CHILL THE FUCK OUT! I doubt anyone here really cares too much about the issues raised because on the scheme of things they are petty, if you really are passionate about them then I think that you need to discover a social life away from your modem. As for the others who are using this thread as an excuse to insult people with no repercussions of physical injury then please continue because you have given me one of the more interesting reads I have had on Aus Social for a long time;)

psytaco said:
IMO overcrowded with threads like "what are you drinking right now"

DUDE! While I totally agree with everything you just posted, you can't diss the drinking thread! ;) That is one of the rare examples of a "list" thread that isn't boring, and was specifically genetically-altered and designed so as *not* to be your regular boring thread.

UnSquare's clever addition of "and post something interesting about it" is there to dissuade stupid one-line posts such as "orange juice!" or "VB!" and it has worked remarkably well, IMO.

Sorry, I get all territorial over the drinking thread ;) :D

On another note... this time last year, or possibly a little earlier, I actually felt quite the outsider in Aus Social. Right from the very beginning I've mainly hovered around SLR, the health forums and drug forums, and the few times I initially attempted to post in Aus Social I really did feel completely ignored. But it's amazing what persistance and thoughtful (um, mostly ;) ) posting will do, over the course of time. Now I feel completely at home here and look on it from an entirely different light. I would say to anyone who doesn't feel welcome here; don't lose heart if you're not in a 'clique', if you don't know anyone. It may take a little time but you'll become known. There's no deliberate malicious intent on behalf of most posters here; I know there are in-jokes and so on, which I now feel fortunate enough to be part of, but that wasn't always the case for me either.

If you're a decent person, have a sense of humour and are not here purely to stir shit, I guarantee you'll make friends ... it just takes a little time, there's no need to get all angsty about it. :)

psytaco said:
.....and it is IMO overcrowded with threads like "what are you drinking right now".........
8o
noooooo! where would I post!!!!
8(
see everyone has their likes and dislikes and things they bother to read and don't....
;)

i can't believe people are complaining about all the one word threads. they were the bane of my existence for two years, and every time i closed any/complained about them, all you fuckers were up in arms.

'tards.

I would suggest maybe a little less of the 'what made you frown today' type of threads. You must admit they are pretty pointless. You are good people and I even know a one or two of you pretty well in real life but I'm so unstimulated by this section of BL that I haven't even yet gotten around to introducing myself. It's also hard to get to know other people solely through threads such as 'what are you having for dinner'. All the other conversation is sort of 'inner-circle' talk like 'omg remember the other week when you did this' and a lot of people might find this deterring. At times it can be like watching Big Brother... but instead you're reading it...... if that makes any discernable sense what-so-ever.

Peace.

Last edited: