• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Are you in or about to face Benzo withdrawal? Here's to help you out!

Gaffy

Bluelighter
If you are running out of your supply, before getting into withdrawal, get your hands on common hawthorn flower tea or pills or extract, aka crataegus monogyna flowers (the leaves don't have the same pharmacology, watch out for those), as well as passiflore flowers (pill, tea or extract same as for hawthorn, aerial part or flowers only), also st-John's worth, red vine and valerian herb. Mix all of these in generous amounts and let it sit in boiling water (in a tea mug) for at least 20 minutes, until it has cooled down, or if in pill form take twice to thrice the recommended amounts if you start getting withdrawals. Best I can get here in France are hawthorn flower pills with 500mg dried flower in each, they get me to sleep in no time! It has been proven that the combination of passiflore and hawthorn acts like an anticonvulsant, anxiolytic, hypnotic and act on the GABA receptors. The other herbs, such as red vine, have anti-adrenergic activity, gaba activity and effects such as hypotension, as for st-john's worth look it up, it acts on a lit of receptors including GABA, and anxiolysis for valerian. These WILL help you trough withdrawal and may even replace your benzo habit! I find this combination (especially with St-John and Passiflore mixed with hawthorn) to be sedating and mildly-euphoric, like 2mg Flualp or 15mg Valium.

Last edited:
Alternatively, if somebody truly needs benzos to prevent seizures, one could look into thienodiazepines, the legal alternatives to benzos.

Plnety if not most of the accessible thienodiazepinez is just as illegal today as our old benzdiazepines and Triazolobenzodiazepines. Are there any thienodiazepines you find especially good if a person find him or herself addicted to benzo's and why should they be better?

Other than the fact that you may find a few legale thienodiazepinez, are you sure they are at all safer and smarter to take if addicted to normal benzodiazepines than the most often want-to long half-lifed diazepam?

In my opinioin, starting out wth a diazepam addiction from some piles from your doctors or something is still WAY preferable from a raging short half-lieved etizolam addiction that will blast your prior tolerances down to the 10000000th part of the size of an atom.

My point with this post is - availability and ligality is only one part - hard reduction should be a very important consideration and I would like to hear if you have any studies or experiences suggesting anything as to that?

Last edited:
Plnety if not most of the accessible thienodiazepinez is just as illegal today as our old benzdiazepines and Triazolobenzodiazepines. Are there any thienodiazepines you find especially good if a person find him or herself addicted to benzo's and why should they be better?

Other than the fact that you may find a few legale thienodiazepinez, are you sure they are at all safer and smarter to take if addicted to normal benzodiazepines than the most often want-to long half-lifed diazepam?

In my opinioin, starting out wth a diazepam addiction from some piles from your doctors or something is still WAY preferable from a raging short half-lieved etizolam addiction that will blast your prior tolerances down to the 10000000th part of the size of an atom.

My point with this post is - availability and ligality is only one part - hard reduction should be a very important consideration and I would like to hear if you have any studies or experiences suggesting anything as to that?

The simple fact that if somebody is suffering from sever benzo dependence, the “natural” remedies you listed will not prevent seizures or death from occurring.
And I don’t know of any of the popular RC “benzos” which have been made illegal yet, aside from in a few states. Even in those states, there are plenty of other alternative RCs.

If one is sufflering from benzo withdraval “the natural remedy” diazepam will not prevent seizures?
I don’t even need to link studies to show how incorrect that is. That is just common knowledge. And logic. A benzo will stop benzo withdrawals. Strange huh?

All the common RC benzo’s are illegal Ib most European countries. I did not consider the US.0

I think if you are running out of benzos you should head to the hospital, rather than make herbal teas and hope for the best.

I agree completely. Especially since BL is all about harm reduction.
Although, if for some reason going to a medical professional/hospital is not an option(or if someone just refuses to go), this herbal tea might be worth a try, but I can't speak to it's efficacy or safety since I've never tried it. For some reason I never get benzo WD. . It simply doesn't happen w/ me.
I would, however, recommend gabapentin. I have an almost unlimited supply/cache of 600 mg gaba and I can say from personal experience that it's very beneficial during opioid WD, and given its anticonvulsant properties, it can be a life saver(literally) when it comes to benzo WD.
Plus, at least here in the US, it should be very easy to get a prescription. Even if you're just getting the script so you can take the gaba when you're in benzo WD. Just tell the doc you have nerve pain. He/she might try to prescribe something else(pregabalin maybe)... but I recommend gabapentin.

I want to get rid of the RC-Benzos but not in a clinic. And I don't know why. Even I have litres of different substances and a lot of pharma benzos at home and I just can't manage to throw them away. I mean the Oxazepam i bought to taper off from RC-Benzos, here in Europe the tapering from benzos changed, they use more Oxazepam than Diiazepam. I'm a high-dose-user but honestly because I'm taking so much since because of Corona are 4 weeks at home I can't even say how much and from what exactly I took so much so that I can switch to another benzo to taper off. I of course want to do it with medical advice, but definitly not in a clinic, that's not possible for me because of my job in the medical sector.

So what to do?

I'm really on EXTREME doses noone would believe thats why I don't post the doses here.

Can anybody help me how to start?

I would very much appreciate it.

JJ

I don't know if it's still recommended here at BL these days? However back in the day often times The Ashton Manual was pointed out as a decent resource for those discontinuing benzodiazepines. I've found it to be a useful resource for those I've known discontinuing benzodiazepines. I've also had the chance to help educate some GP's on benzodiazepines by pointing them in it's direction. Though I wish they'd known more about benzodiazepines to begin with (no you don't cut a patient from 6mg clonazepam a day to 0 in less than a month :|) but at least I was able to help educate them for future patients. :\ I digress though.

I just figured I'd mention it as a potential resource. I'm less familiar with the so called "RC" th/benzos available ATM so I won't comment on them. In the past the "RC" th/benzo I found to be an excellent benzo for tapering &/or maintenance at one point; was based on threads that were posted at the time an absolute "train wreck" to put it mildly for most users. :\ So I won't mention or recommend it to others for tapering / maintenance purposes. However; if anyone in the thread is looking for additional information regarding "RC" th/benzodiazepines there are respective threads related to each to the best of my knowledge. :)

I want to get rid of the RC-Benzos but not in a clinic. And I don't know why. Even I have litres of different substances and a lot of pharma benzos at home and I just can't manage to throw them away. I mean the Oxazepam i bought to taper off from RC-Benzos, here in Europe the tapering from benzos changed, they use more Oxazepam than Diiazepam. I'm a high-dose-user but honestly because I'm taking so much since because of Corona are 4 weeks at home I can't even say how much and from what exactly I took so much so that I can switch to another benzo to taper off. I of course want to do it with medical advice, but definitly not in a clinic, that's not possible for me because of my job in the medical sector.

So what to do?

I'm really on EXTREME doses noone would believe thats why I don't post the doses here.

Can anybody help me how to start?

I would very much appreciate it.

JJ

I've seen some of your posts but am not fully familiar with your situation. If you could lay out your doses, time frames of usage & available resources I would expect that with the knowledge available here on BL you could likely get some help making a plan. Perhaps make a thread on it?
I know you say "honestly because I'm taking so much since because of Corona are 4 weeks at home I can't even say how much and from what exactly" & "I'm really on EXTREME doses noone would believe thats why I don't post the doses here " but why is that?
Do you have a particular reason for this? If it's solely because you believe the dosages are so large that you wouldn't be believed; I wouldn't concern yourself with that. :)
I'm sure that you may find the doses to be extreme but through out the history of BL there have been many a user with what would be considered by many to be an "extreme" consumption pattern. Other than avoiding the "dick sizing" type threads... :rolleyes: posting ones dosages shouldn't be an issue as far as I know. (y)
In the past when I've posted my doses of certain substances I've always just included a "disclaimer" to advise others that the dosages I used where lethal to those without a similar usage pattern / tolerance or however I decided to elucidate it that day. ;)

In doing so I've never run into any issues with posting my doses as long as like I said I elucidated with a disclaimer. Though I'm not sure if even that is necessary I tend to be overly thorough & verbose. :\
Regardless of all that; I'm sure that members here could help you plan a taper. If you'd like you can shoot me a PM. I'm just not on that often so I figured as it seems to be a time sensitive matter that you may wish to ask BL at large. Either way I hope that you can get your situation figured out & best of luck with it. 🤞

Last edited:
Hi I_hate_this_place_,

yes I have recognise you of course becaue I've reading so much through the treads.

I made bad experiences in other drug-forums when i mentioned how much I take, they were calling me a liar, that I just want to exaggerate or to talk big, even I made the experience that a lot of people in this forums don't like cocaine users (which i also am, but just from time to time). I was really mobbed. That's why I'm very tentative with what I'm saying because of these experiences. I always was very sad because I got there to get help and nobody believed me or called me a liar and was laughing at me.

Perhaps you understand why I'm a bit more careful. But you are right, if I stay here at Bluelight which is a really extremely good forum with a totally different type of people (in a positive way), perhaps I can make it. But I'm scared....

JJ

Edit: I always put a disclaimer or "nor safer use" and "don't do this" and so on. Didn't matter to them.
Edit no.2: Thanks a lot for the offer to PM you :)

Last edited:
Hi I_hate_this_place_,

yes I have recognise you of course becaue I've reading so much through the treads.

I made bad experiences in other drug-forums when i mentioned how much I take, they were calling me a liar, that I just want to exaggerate or to talk big, even I made the experience that a lot of people in this forums don't like cocaine users (which i also am, but just from time to time). I was really mobbed. That's why I'm very tentative with what I'm saying because of these experiences. I always was very sad because I got there to get help and nobody believed me or called me a liar and was laughing at me.

Perhaps you understand why I'm a bit more careful. But you are right, if I stay here at Bluelight which is a really extremely good forum with a totally different type of people (in a positive way), perhaps I can make it. But I'm scared....

JJ

Edit: I always put a disclaimer or "nor safer use" and "don't do this" and so on. Didn't matter to them.
Edit no.2: Thanks a lot for the offer to PM you :)

I'm sorry to hear you had negative experiences on other forums. I haven't really run into much in the way of negativity here & haven't really ever used any other forums. :) I've used BL for quite a long time. This is just a new account as I had a few years off & lost my old account access but I digress.

As you're likely well aware tolerance to a substance can increase exponentially & the amounts can indeed seem excessive to the average user. From my experience there are quite a few non-average users that have frequented this site. 😁

I got your PM & am in the process of replying to it. Feel free to just PM me & we can continue the discussion there. I'll do my best to see what I can do to help. (y)

This didn't go the way I planned, anyway; I conclude nthat if you can't legally or budgetarally get your hands on benzos or gabapentin, then hawthorn, st-john's worth and passiflore are your go-to.