• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

any good otc drugs

Your not going to find much other than dextromethorphan, which you are already aware of, over the counter thats going to be much fun. Personally, there isn't anything over the counter that I would be interested in. I'm far past the days where allowance paid for my drugs and the circle of junior highers who can't find a source other than the swag marijuana. Unfortunatly I took it a little too far and 11 years since my first high, I've wound up in a methadone clinic, with an addiction to benzodiazepines which could lead to death if I went cold turkey. Injested everything on the table through a needle, straw, or pipe; reliant upon psychiatric medications. OK, I'm rambling.

However, I can make a list of some over the counter herbals and medications that may have some psychoactive effects, as minor as they may be, that you could use. I'm letting you know now, this list ain't going to be eye opening, after all, what do expect from legal substances? With the exception of our friend alcohol which causes more problems than any illegal drug...I won't get into that right now...

We all know that inhalants can get you high but I would never recommend such brain destroying shit, though I have nothing against nitrous oxide which can be fun, especially in combination with MDMA and a few other substances. Nitrous oxide isn't neurotoxic like those other inhalants like ether huffing, etc.

If your looking to keep stimulated, you can always check out a variety of over the counter stimulants. The more potent ones ( contain more than just caffeine and must be 18 years+ ) usually are found at gas stations and truck stops. I will list from least potent to the more potent...
Pseudoephedrine products
NoDoz or Vivarin or any other caffeine products
Stacker 2-3/ Contains caffeine+herbal stimulant formulas
Ephedra-Free Mini Thins and other caffeine+more potent herbal stimulants
Ephedrine HCL+Guaifenesin ( Bronchodilator/Expectorants )

If you are looking for relaxation, you can look around for Kava-kava which has similar but much weaker effects to diazepam (Valium). There are some preperations that work real well and some that don't. I'm not that intelligent in that field.

Some people get high by taking excessive doses of Dimenhydrinate which is Dramamine, an anti-histamine and anti-emetic. It is more a delerient than a hallucinogenic when abused. The high is frightening and lasts days, you may want to attempt suicide while on the drug. There is nothing fun about it, some people just always have to have their head twisted. Another anti-histamine which produces the same sort of effects when abused is diphenhydramine hydrochloride, the active ingredient in Benedryl. Again, why people want to abuse it? I dunno. Curiosity killed the cat. Once again, you do not hallucinate, you are delirious; this means you have no idea what is happening and your world is warped. Your lost. Your nothing. You don't understand anything. There is no such thing as a happy trip, every trip is labeled as a bad trip. Eat some fucking nutmeg, the trip is probably much cleaner, I can't comment, I was never desperate enough to try such things.

If you are lucky enough to live in one of the few countries where codeine is over the counter, you are lucky. This will provide the best high of any product over the counter, more euphoric than some prescription drugs.

This is depressing me. Get some real drugs. And once you get some real drugs, ask about some over the counter medications which may potentiate them ;)

normally I do real drugs, but probation is a bitch and I have'nt seen acid in months, I'm not real big on stims, but where might I find some of this kava kava.

Do not take Coriciden to get high.

Repeat...

DO NOT TAKE CORICIDEN TO GET HIGH!!!

It contains an antihistamine which is incredibly easy to OD on. Stick to straight DXM like DexAlone or the like.

Unless you really like seizures and bleeding from skin, mouth, eyes, rectum, and vagina.

In which case, go ahead and posion yourself with Coriciden.

#1. Get mommys Credit Card
#2. GO ShoppinG
1.salvia
2.kratom
3.amanita muscaria
4.blue lotus x-tract
5.whippits(nitrous)
6.wormwood x-tract
and the list goes on n on n on.............dude seriously dont go eatin a bunch of stupid otc meds tryin to cop a buzz......live up to that Bluelighter title.....be somebody!

to order anything I'll have to wait till I get my tax refund and turn 18 in 2 months so that I can get a p.o box or I could just wait till June when I get off.

Right on.... id just wait out the 2 mo. then.
but thats just me. personally,if its not weed or psychedelics , im not down with it.
but im a dumbass. im on prob. too and still smokin'.
I dont have to check in though but i still need to quit cause you never know when they might call me in or stop by my place....well good luck with that bro.

MattPD said:
Do not take Coriciden to get high.

Repeat...

DO NOT TAKE CORICIDEN TO GET HIGH!!!

It contains an antihistamine which is incredibly easy to OD on. Stick to straight DXM like DexAlone or the like.

Unless you really like seizures and bleeding from skin, mouth, eyes, rectum, and vagina.

In which case, go ahead and posion yourself with Coriciden.

My friends use the CCC against my advice as i know its bad for you. They wont take something with only dxm as the active ingred like robogels because they dont want the nausea, and claim they want the trip triple C gives, not robogels.
my friends are clueless when it comes to knowing about drugs.
Can you tell me how much/often it takes for od of the antihistamine in there to happen?

I took 40 and was in the hospital for 3 days, but I was taking 16-20 a day for 2 months.

If for some reason you need to change the way you feel with drugs, I'd try to find out exactly what they're testing you for. There are so many different drugs out there it's amazing (to me at least). If you can find some of the rarer or less commonly used drugs then there's not much to worry about.

Most OTC stuff is not worth it. Trust me I know.

* Dramamine / Benadryl / Sleeping pills, etc. - Don't EVEN fuck with this stuff. It's not fun in any way. The body load feels more uncomfortable than trying to explain to your girlfriend's dad that you really did think his wife was your girlfriend - it was dark, and they look similar!

* Nutmeg - Ingesting essential oils isn't safe, effective or recommended. It's definately not good for you, probably quite bad for you actually. If you can deal with strong lethargic after-effects that last literally days then, well you must be really hardcore man.

* DXM - I love this stuff. Some people hate it. If you do decide to use it, don't use any kind of OTC medication with any other active ingredient. If you've never dome it before make sure to have some anti-histamines on hand, just in case it makes you super itchy.

* Nitrous Oxide - Sort of expensive unless you have a friend with a tank, but one of the best sort-of legal high out there. Just make sure to breath oxygen and take vit. B-12 if you're going nuts with it.

Once you turn 18 you'll be able to get some cool things delivered to you. There's quite a bit actually - Kratom is one of my favorites.

Kava Kava is sold at most health/herbal stores. It may even be sold at super-walmart. I've bought other things like 5-HTP there before. Ah and also there's the option of morning glory seeds which has LSA in it. If you buy them you need to know how they're manufactured because sometimes they're sprayed with pesticides and such.

Last edited:
I can't find Kava Kava anywhere in Arizona anymore. I've checked GNC's, heath stores, drug stores, and food chains. I don't know what happened down here. The only reason that I was looking for them was for a little experiment I was looking foward to conduct but I can't find the shit anywhere...

K'dOUTinAZ said:
I can't find Kava Kava anywhere in Arizona anymore. I've checked GNC's, heath stores, drug stores, and food chains. I don't know what happened down here. The only reason that I was looking for them was for a little experiment I was looking foward to conduct but I can't find the shit anywhere...

try a whole foods store. That sells organic only products and shit like that. The best kava is on the net anyways. Most of the stuff in the stores is Shite.

Hmm... I wouldn't say that Coricidin is as dangerous as all that, MattPD. It's stupid and Fatman isn't even considering it, but I used to take it fairly regularly throughout high school before I found the powder, which was about two years. I never experienced any seizures or unusual bleeding. I'll agree with you that it is not a good way to take DXM, but you make it sound like the death drug from hell. :-/

Quick answer -No! Thats why you can buy it over the counter. Unless you live in Mexico or Thailand.

herownwrite said:
Hmm... I wouldn't say that Coricidin is as dangerous as all that, MattPD. It's stupid and Fatman isn't even considering it, but I used to take it fairly regularly throughout high school before I found the powder, which was about two years. I never experienced any seizures or unusual bleeding. I'll agree with you that it is not a good way to take DXM, but you make it sound like the death drug from hell. :-/

Compared to DXM only containing medications it is a death drug from hell.

If you had seen and heard of as many people going to hospitol from something as stupid as a Coriciden OD as I have then you would agree with me.

Plus, this is a harm reduction board, taking Coriciden in OD quantities is harmful....so what else would I post.

There is no reason anyone should be taking it to get high, it is dangerous, and there are other things you can take for almost the same experience.

twominds said:
Quick answer -No! Thats why you can buy it over the counter. Unless you live in Mexico or Thailand.

or Malaysia. ;)

We get codeine only tabs, DHC only tabs, SL bupe w/o Nalaxone, Ritalin, and all sorts of benzos OTC at certain profit oriented pharmacies.

FWIW, I think DXM pills w/o other ingredients are great too.

...and I'm not sure about the status of tramadol in the US, but if it's OTC like here, it can give a nice serotonin boost too. Works for some people.

If you're on probation you can probably get away with doing oxycodone or hydrocodone. These drugs don't metabolize to morphine or codeine so they usually aren't tested for. Not only that but they only stay in your system for a few days. If you time it right you should be able to get away with taking them once in a while. What kind of a piss test do they administer? Do they give you a test where they give you the results on the spot, or is your urine taken to a lab and analyzed?

Khat (contains cathinone) is OTC in the UK (although you'd probably be hard pushed to find it outside London) and a few other countries, but not in the US I believe.