• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

any good otc drugs

junksick said:
I've heard this over and over but I have yet to see some actual sources to back up that benadryl "fucks up your liver and brain" or whatever people says it does. All the websites i've been to say that prolonged heavy use of benadryl isn't a good idea per say, but that it isn't going to poison you.

You obviously didn't look very hard ;)

Just type in the search terms "Diphenhydramine" and "toxicity" into Google and you get loads.

e.g.

http://www.emedicine.com/EMERG/topic38.htm

Of all antihistamine exposures reported to US poison control centers in 1999 (AAPCC-TESS data), 3884 (7.4% ) resulted in moderate-to-major toxicity and 28 (0.05% ) resulted in fatality. The vast majority of fatalities (71% ) were associated with diphenhydramine.

lyXw33d said:
I can't find anything on this....you have a link or something?

The Benzedrex inhaler contains Propylhexedrine, which is a decongestant. The abuse of Benzedrine Inhalers, which contained an amphetamine, was replaced in 1949 by a drug with weaker stimulant properties which is Propylhexedrine. It is an amphetamine compound but much, much weaker than the more popular compounds D/LAmphetamine, Dextroamphetamine, and Methamphetamine. There have been accounts of fools who inject propylhexedrine intravenously. This act may have users experience brainstem dysfunction and fatal cardiopulmonary arrest. I have no idea how somebody goes about using Propylhexedrine intravenously so don't ask me how they do this, maybe there is a liquid formula?

Here is a link that talks about some people who died using intravenous Propylhexedrine. It contains much more information than what I provided about Propylhexedrine.

Vicks inhaler contains another weak amphetamine compound stimulant, Levmetamfetamine, also known as Desoxyephedrine and L-methamphetamine. Supposedly its more potent than Propylhexedrine. Both of these weak stimulants, Levmetamfetamine and Propylhexedrine are addicting, believe it or not.

So there you go, two other over the counter stimulants which really don't have much abuse potential but youngsters might find some fun with them since there is no age limit.

Skyline_GTR said:
You obviously didn't look very hard ;)

Just type in the search terms "Diphenhydramine" and "toxicity" into Google and you get loads.

e.g.

http://www.emedicine.com/EMERG/topic38.htm

Of all antihistamine exposures reported to US poison control centers in 1999 (AAPCC-TESS data), 3884 (7.4% ) resulted in moderate-to-major toxicity and 28 (0.05% ) resulted in fatality. The vast majority of fatalities (71% ) were associated with diphenhydramine.

I understand all that. Obviously taking really large doses results in unpleasant symptoms and death. I meant more like taking 100mg tops for sleep/sedation every night resulting in brain/liver damage--I have yet to see any info on that. Perhaps I missed it, but looking at that link I still see that the stuff is only dangerous if your taking insane amounts like 800mg every week. Once isn't going to kill you--well it might, but you would have to go really over board.

Benzedrex inhalers are one of the few reliably pleasant recreational OTC drug available in the US (bar DXM) and the inhalers require some preparation so that you're not stuck with nausea and a pounding heart/headache for 6 hours. For more info see:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=371603

However, there are websites (and note that I am not divulging specific sources, merely stating a relevant, unspecific fact) that specialize in ethnoboanicals and interesting plants of all varieties, both psychedelic/hallucinogenic and other, more recreational, varieties. There is a massive range of products available, anything from more introspective entheogens (San Pedro cactus, Morning Glory seeds, Syrian Rue) to more recreationally-inclined plants (Kratom, Ephedra Sinica, Betel Nut), although of course this is all subjective. If you want a wider variety of legal psychoactives, these would probably be your best bet.

Remember: Legality is no guarantee of safety!

Why did you perform a crazy voodoo ritual to bring the dead back to life to impart upon us wisdom that we already know?

the-return-of-the-living-dead-workprint-dvd.jpg

there are quite a few reports on erowid about people getting a noticeable buzz from smoking catnip...

yes, catnip.

i dont think they'll test for that in particular.

Why hasnt anybody mentioned Kratom? Kratom isnt otc but its legal and good (i prefer low doses of liquid extract, high doses i find uncomfortable), i find it very addictive.
Benzedrex is good if you extract it (there are simple instructions everywhere for this) dont eat the cotton, it has lavender oil in it which you arent supposed to take internally (plus cotton can cause blockages, this has happened to people ive seen the posts). The cotton and the oil cause a lot of uncomforable side effects. Ive also heard benzedrex can cause false positives for a lot of drugs (according to a post by someone who got fucked by it).
Nitrous is dangerous (check the erowid nitrous dangers article) unless taken occasionally.
Supposedly blue lotus is ok (buy online).
Some people enjoy ephedrine, most dont.
Catnip is terrible by the way, i bought some pot a while back in NYC and inside the dime bag it looked exactly like normal shit NYC regs but when i took it out i noticed it smelt terrible and a joint of it later had me feeling a little off, but it definitely was not enjoyable (especially when your expecting pot)
As far as legal goes i would say Kratom is where its at.