• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Angry Anger Management Thread

Good research thanks. Suppression and overacting lately is what I need to meditate about and shape myself toward a slower reaction at that things that have been vaulted and lingering about with no attention. Glad I noticed the forum.

Thank You so very much!!!
Wise Words....this will help in future,
I hope

]
does anyone out there know any methods that aren't self-destructive to vent that, I don't know how to say this,angry pressure I seem to feel all the time that the needle used to fix. I'm clean right now but If I don't find something I don't know how long I can make it.
Yup. Bioenergetics, primal screaming.

Tracking the feeling and watching it dissipate and inevitably change, while tracking it on the body and it's origin point etc (teal swan - follow the feeling). This last technique I not Been able to remember in heat of moment. All others are great. But tale a "safe space".

Def yes

I got real angry when watching a trailer for a professional ballet dancer in cold war soviet Russia, realizing (because of child sexual abuse) certain opportunities are totally gone for me, as I'm now a relatively unhealthy 32 year old. I observed so much tension. Encased rage as walked home in rain after film. Felt like screaming but didn't.

"fear leads to anger anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering" gods.

If we just get angry we don't have to go hateful, but why I quote this, is it's an active instead of frozen poor channeling of energy. Anger stops us from freezing into apathy and helplessness

Bioenergetics and breath awareness and techniques have really helped my anger issues. Also always looking inside, going to the root of why I'm angry. Not pointing finger outwards - it's always based on a fear. Often a gross overreaction. Realizing we are safe, and that watching the anger pass - anger is tension, breath change, hormones during, from primal urge to survive or protect. But if we track the feeling 9/10 it's alerting us to the fact we have a lot of prejudices built on past trauma inside our body, tied in knots in muscles, and neural pathways

All of which CAN be rebalanced with the right therapies, techniques, herbs, foods and intentional focus

Sometimes we just need to throw a primal screaming arms and legs flailing tantrum... But our society would get us arrested or at least approached maybe, so most of us repress...holding the tension in.

Last edited:
I have a temper problem.

Well, when i get mad it goes away quickly, and i don't blow up at small things, but i feel like i compartmentalize the anger and it seeps out when i least expect it. I end up fucking Screaming at someone for something trivial, like most recently, asking where my lighter went, or telling someone to "suck my dick" just for being in the same room as me.

I go for long walks, which helps, but nothing seems to be able to tame the inevitable blow up.

Should i let it out earlier, by acknowledging i am angry when i am angry initially?

i'm angry I had to break my no-pipe pact by buying lighter gas. turns out what I was smoking wasn't smoking properly without a stronger flame. I was in the dark for 2 days. Maybe annoyed is more appropriate than angry. But I proved my point in so doing, I won't die wondering what could have been....no point begrudging myself when I should be patting myself on the back for reduction in consumption. it is what it is. actual anger is difficult for me to fathom because it is a non-practicable emotion. essentially! it's a phase of something other, like hurt or betrayal.

I just read the sticky, and I'm starting to come down, but felt like posting this anyways...

I nearly got into a fist fight with my brother-in-law tonight.

He's such a fucking asshole and has anger issues, me personally I'm one of the chillest dudes on the planet.

I still want to punch him in the fucking jaw.

The sad part about this is my sister is tied up in the middle of all this. She loves us both...

I'm trying to come up with ways to just get over him and live the rest of my life... they are both living their own lives with kids.

I don't really want to get into the details, and this may end up just being a shit post... idk what I'm expecting

Anyone have methods to calm down in this situation? (other than drugs) All I can think about are ways I'm going to fuck him up.

Reactions: CFC
Anyone have methods to calm down in this situation? (other than drugs) All I can think about are ways I'm going to fuck him up

Maybe imagine what you'd do to him in your head, like watching it happen in a 3D real-life soap opera. Especially try to imagine how satisfying it would feel to do it, the sounds, the intensity, etc - really get your heart rate up, like you'd actually done it. Then, once you've done that mental simulation for a while, take some deep breaths and see if you feel like some of the tension has now gone. I personally find it quite cathartic to do that.

You're right, most people discharge on other with intentional purposes and beneath sentences hidin the real meaning which is = stupidity, toxicity = incels. Maybe she thinks too far, maybe and surely she needs group therapy. It's ok to ask for help, that's what rational human beings do you know. As far as your persona, try and ignore'em. If you previously slammed words and they still don't get it, then they're your average human beings. Life gets us all crazy, I know but we always need to be connected with self-control and think twice before saying or doing something. I'm sorry you live with such people, that's why pencils have erasers. Cut'em off.

I spent most of my life thinking I was a peaceful, "nice guy" (urgh - I cringe now at that), who attempted to present to people an easy going persona. HELL NO, I'm a fucking raging demon inside escaping from a humungous volcano spurting lava in all directions. Yet, I did nothing at all to acknowledge this demon, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually. I have suffered for decades as a consequence for denial of my anger. I was brought up to believe anger is not acceptable, I just had to put up and shut up. Thinking about it now which may be another reason to why I stutter sometimes, this friction between the ego and anger is intense.

I've only recently started my journey of looking into my anger, through the works of Carl Jung with shadow work. We all have a shadow side, that we suppress as it's so uncomfortable, so we bury it. Looking at the darker side of who we are, allowing it to be expressed in a healthy manner, through physical sports, writing and art is so important to release blocked emotions.

Last edited:
I spent most of my life thinking I was a peaceful, "nice guy" (urgh - I cringe now at that), who attempted to present to people an easy going persona. HELL NO, I'm a fucking raging demon inside escaping from a humungous volcano spurting lava in all directions. Yet, I did nothing at all to acknowledge this demon, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually. I have suffered for decades as a consequence for denial of my anger. I was brought up to believe anger is not acceptable, I just had to put up and shut up. Thinking about it now which may be another reason to why I stutter sometimes, this friction between the ego and anger is intense.

I've only recently started my journey of looking into my anger, through the works of Carl Jung with shadow work. We all have a shadow side, that we suppress as it's so uncomfortable, so we bury it. Looking at the darker side of who we are, allowing it to be expressed in a healthy manner, through physical sports, writing and art is so important to release blocked emotions.

Swallow your shadow otherwise it will follow.

I have a temper problem.

Well, when i get mad it goes away quickly, and i don't blow up at small things, but i feel like i compartmentalize the anger and it seeps out when i least expect it. I end up fucking Screaming at someone for something trivial, like most recently, asking where my lighter went, or telling someone to "suck my dick" just for being in the same room as me.

I go for long walks, which helps, but nothing seems to be able to tame the inevitable blow up.

Should i let it out earlier, by acknowledging i am angry when i am angry initially?
Exactly.
I have this shit, that i even got extremely mad earlier at this phone call for one retarded comment.
I usually go beat some walls or some shit. I know usually when i'm close to blowing up, so i socially isolate myself or go fuck with someones head as a punishment for my bad feelings.

I get extremely angry. But at least I can say it's for very serious problems or transgressions, I discussed the examples in my recent post in the suicide support thread.

I’ve got to admit that deep down, I’m an angry person. Extremely so, although I’m aging out of it slowly. According to my Dad, I can expect to be full of piss and vinegar until my middle 30s or so. I’ll take the info, same genes I guess. My moms was angry well into her 40s, though very legitimately so.

Now she doesn’t answer the phone. Months at a time. It has nothing to do with me, my stepdad beat the shit out of her for 20 years until he was finally charged in 2018. It’s PTSD hell, drop off the planet put down in the dark for her. That pisses me off.

So does a lot of my upbringing. But that’s neither here nor there nowadays. Grew out of the blame game around 24 or 25.

I still wonder all the time what would have become of my life if I didn’t go to live with my dad though. I was going to be placed in a gifted program, I was going through all these assessments as a kid. Then my Dad won custody and never bothered even though my old teachers were calling him personally to get my ass in there.

He let it go, and let me do whatever. I went to Wonderland by myself on a bus when I was 9 or 10 for fuck sake lol. A latchkey kid when the era of stranger danger and seclusion was kicking in. Nowadays that’d be a children’s aid call no doubt.

If I was in a good program, with a stricter rule, would I have turned out differently? Like probably finished uni years ago and in a technical job somewhere? Maybe, but that’s all in the imagination.

All I can do is imagine the differences, and feel embittered. For a lot of things, this is just one scenario of many.

I try to avoid this head space. Still happens from time to time - a waste of time; living in imagination land. I always was a daydreamer.

Honestly, I haven't felt as angry or bewildered as I have today. But time, well at least I'm told, supposedly heals all wounds.

I hope it does heal but honestly I want my old self back. I just want it back.

You can feel it the air when you walk around. Everyone is on edge. Myself included. I can feel rage onset like never before. My biggest fear is I will hurt someone badly. Would have to severely restrain myself. Compounded by opiates paws, and beer tapering. Wrong place, wrong time, angry with some liquor in me....will not be a good situation. I sometimes feel I am eyeing people too hard just to see if are looking for a fight. Which is bad. Something is not right with me lately.

Anyway, check out chi gong. I try to do 2x 30 minutes a day. May up it to more time. It will help calm you down.

Nice rule.
It is.

Bonus round:

Take all your strengths, take all your weaknesses. List them in side by side columns. Notice that each column can be divisible and indivisible of itself. Notice that each column can be configured with the other column. Notice you can point to each separate entry in either column. Notice you can relate any entry in either column to your other strengths and weaknesses. If you can start on this type of exercise, you may be able to locate things in your life that bother you, and how that plays into your individual strengths and weaknesses. If you can be comfortable "checking in with yourself" it can make the rest of your day easier so you can go about your day without berating yourself up 24/7, instead, using your strengths and weaknesses both.

Or you can grab a piece of paper an make origami or an airplane.

Reading has been the only thing to really help me, that and actual medicine helping my bipolar. My last serious flipout has now been four months ago. I discovered a month afterward that, even though I threw a guitar through a wall, I at least had the presence of mind to throw the shoddy guitar while in my incapacitated state, and not my nicer, newer one.

So at least it seems even when I'm seeing red, there is at least "someone" still manning the ship these days. Which is an improvement over past years. I would get mad at the dumbest, smallest, most inconsequential things. I was truly miserable.