• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Alternate Bong Designs ?

Ahh sheer gold.

One morning b4 school we all cramped( about 5 of us) into a 2mx2.25m bathroom & shut the door with what we called at the time , the "Tripod" , it was essentially a standard solo 1.25lt bottle with the lid screwed on & four pipes comming out parralell. One for each of the 3 smokers & the 4th pipe for the Astronomically Large CONEPIECE. The shotty simply consisted of the first one of us poor fucks that couldn't suck on the semi-imploding bottle anymore and pulled away causing the air the rush into the solo bottle ( nearly causing an explosion as it equalises) and shot gunning the other 2 smokers at the same time :)

Good times.

Those two bongs with the double stems are pretty original, I bet they would get you pretty ripped. But couldnt the same thing be achieved with a larger conepiece? Anyway, heres a pic of a bong I made a while back (a before and after look with the solo bottles on the left and right).

529662solobottles.jpg

I shaped it the way it is so the bottle doesnt "fold" in on itself from the pressure of smoking a bong. The ring around the center kinda worked like a grip. It also shoots really well, or it did anyway, untill I thru it away coz it was too thrashed.

Last edited:
Earlier today this thread inspired a conversation between me and a few other regarding bong heads. All of the participants in this conversaion are either current or retired quarter a week smokers.

Our conclusion was that consistent dope smoking did lead to an overall depletion in motivation, however, this only extends to non-weed smoking endeavours.

Essentailly, we all shared shared stories about how we couldn't be bothered cleaning the house, washing the mountain of dirty dishes in the kitchen or fixing the car BUT we could drive 15km to Bunnings warehouse and various other out of the way locations just to create a novel way to inhale more Vaporised THC oil.

Then I come home, load onto Bluelight and I see the above image.

Pack one up, Flame it and watch what was once green all turn blacK!

Hey Peaked... Pass that crazy MoFo looking thing over here, there some sort of wierd green shit in it!

Since that other picture was quite old, I felt inspired to make another bong. I made use of one of my favourite cone pieces :)

Attachments

• 000_0310.jpg
    000_0310.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 565
If you care about your health, then you should think about what using a polyethylene terephthalate (PET) or similar plastic bottle could do for your long term wellbeing. These plastics are likely to be quite reactive in the presence of some pyrolysis products such as those produced from burning tobacco or cannabis.

I used to have a bong that had 2 conepieces, the main part was made of bamboo with a hose attatchment leading to 2 smaller induvidual chambers. I developed a technique of pulling one cone, turning off that chamber, turning on the other one and pulling that one as well...all in the same breath. Or you get a mate to light the other one while you light one...that was one damn fine bong.

phase_dancer said:
If you care about your health, then you should think about what using a polyethylene terephthalate (PET) or similar plastic bottle could do for your long term wellbeing. These plastics are likely to be quite reactive in the presence of some pyrolysis products such as those produced from burning tobacco or cannabis.

What are the additional damages that this would cause compared to say, smoking through an entirely pyrex billy? I've known that glass is meant to be healthier than using metal pieces or plastic bottles, but I've never really known just how much healthier it is. I compromise with a glass stem and cone piece, but if its alot healthier to use all glass then I think its probably about time I invested in a proper billy.

On a side note, what sort of damage would happen (if any) if one was to inhale a small piece from a PET bottle? I often notice around the melted hole where the stem goes in (or the shot hole) that inside the bottle there is small jaggered pieces of plastic around the edge of the hole. I try to rip these out with a pair of plyers, though its difficult to get every single one, and often I just leave some in there because they seem strong enough not to break off. But if one did somehow break off and it got inhaled, what would the consequences be?

Not really an alternate bong design, but kind of related story:

Once, many years ago, while doing night shift at a factory, I got invited into the Sparkies' Workshop for breakfast cones (*gasp* the Inner Sanctum ). The deed was done with a normal little pipe - the innovation was in the smoke removal apparatus. A piece of hose had been inserted through a small hole drilled to the exterior of the building - allowing the tell-tale fumes to be easily and breezily ferreted out of harms way. Of course, this was back in the good old days when you could smoke cigarettes inside in the workplace - I don't think it would work these days....

peaked said:
What are the additional damages that this would cause compared to say, smoking through an entirely pyrex billy? I've known that glass is meant to be healthier than using metal pieces or plastic bottles, but I've never really known just how much healthier it is. I compromise with a glass stem and cone piece, but if its alot healthier to use all glass then I think its probably about time I invested in a proper billy.

I wouldn't attempt to speculate on what extra risk there is between plastic and glass, but I would expect there to be potential for exposure to additional carcinogens. This is along with the plethora already accompanying tobacco or dope smoke.

It's chronic use of a plastic bong that's most concerning though. I'd doubt much research has been done in this area.

On a side note, what sort of damage would happen (if any) if one was to inhale a small piece from a PET bottle? I often notice around the melted hole where the stem goes in (or the shot hole) that inside the bottle there is small jaggered pieces of plastic around the edge of the hole. I try to rip these out with a pair of plyers, though its difficult to get every single one, and often I just leave some in there because they seem strong enough not to break off. But if one did somehow break off and it got inhaled, what would the consequences be?

Depending upon the size of the piece inhaled, I'd say choking to death would be the biggest worry. Smaller peices would be coughed up or trapped in muscous to be later expelled along with all the other debris.

im sure its been done before, but cool none the less was getting one of those plastic hats that hold beers, and putting two bongs in where the beers go. the only way we could get it to work was to sit down with two people behind, one one each bong, but it was well worth the effort. great for laughs

phase_dancer said:

Please Do expand on this , Im interested to see what whether mabey it WASN"T me faintly tasting plastic at the end of each hit... U got me scared 8(

Corsto. said:
Please Do expand on this , Im interested to see what whether mabey it WASN"T me faintly tasting plastic at the end of each hit... U got me scared 8(

It's hardly surprising that plastic can be tasted.

Contact by hot gases and smoke particles will heat the surface quite a bit, even after the smoke bubbles though the water. If a length of garden hose is used for the stem, this would further increase the range of substances produced. Garden hoses may be able to withstand the heat of the sun, but hot embers will be much hotter. It's certainly not food grade plastic either, and is the reason you shouldn't drink from a garden hose.

Some people might argue that the smoke is cooled by the water, but unless a small diameter stem is used, the surface area of the bubbles will likely be large, and only the outer edges of the bubbles will be cooled significantly. This is why a small bong can get quite hot when continually used.

Years ago, most people I knew who made their own bongs did so using glass bottles. An old sambuca or galliano bottle worked a treat. It meant a hole had to made in the bottle, but that only requires a bit of patience and care. The extra length in the bottle neck caused the smoke to be nicely cooled, and also permitted the smoke to be "collected" on the top of the water, allowing a breath of air to be taken prior to inhaling.