• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Abortions - Your thoughts

Pro choice.

A foetus may have the RIGHT to life, but unfortunately a foetus does not have the ABILITY to decided whether or not it can live. It depends on the mother who is the only one the can dictate what happens to it.

Every situation is different.

I remember my ex and I freakin' out over the fact that my super-load may have created a little baby us on an occasion or two and without a doubt WE would have had it ABORTED (abort... abort... why isn't this damn abort button working... sorry =D).
So i'm Pro-choice.
PEACE

che_melbourne said:
u do have a choice... it when ur in bed :p
unless u get raped, in which case its a diff story

What do you mean by that? That when you have sex the choice is yours if you get pregnant or not ie use contraception etc? or it's a risk you take (therefore choice) when you have sex that a baby could result from it wether you use birth control measures or not?

I don't mean to be putting words in your mouth at all ( apologise if i'm wrong) I am just trying to understand in which direction that statement is going..

pro-choice.

everyone has the right to choose, and if you are anti abortion you simply CHOOSE to have the baby because you have the option not to have it if you want.

I'm pro-choice for having the right to CHOOSE :)

*if that rambling makes any sense*

about those artificial wombs..... there are already enough children in the world who dont get adopted / fostered in an ideal situation, if what tony abbot said was true, and we had these artificial wombs, that would mean every year, we would have another 100,000 homeless kids..... surely that is unsustainable in both humanity, and economic terms.... i know it would be harsh to just toss them to the side, but really, what kind of a future would they have to look forward to.... social services cant REALLY adequately provide for the homeless as it is now, without having another 100,00 cases to try and provide for

When i started this thread i was expecting to see 50/50 results. Its interesting that amongst drug users it seems to be pro-choice, i wonder what it would be if i posted on just a general forum. (not having a go at druggies)

*warning - this post may upset some readers*

I'm more on the verge of pro-choice. For women AND men, though you can still class me as on the fence
You also have to get into the law aspect of it too:

I remember hearing a horrific story a few weeks ago in my ethics class about a father of an unborn baby beating/kicking his pregant partner just because she wouldn't get an abortion and he wouldn't didn't want the baby. Sadly to say she lost the baby and he was not charged on the grounds on manslaughter or murder because according to our law, your a human being the moment your biological mother gives birth to you. So say that wasn't the case and he was charged for murder, consider how many women would be classed by law as murdering their unborn baby through abortions. I couldn't imagine what it's like to have an abortion, but to have someone say your murdering your unborn baby would be unthinkable.

It's those legal & ethical questions that put me on the fence for abortion:

Another example is that i have a few friends who were adopted, and for a very long time i never knew that. It's hard for me to comprehend that if their natural mother did abort them they wouldn't be here today.
A while back i attended a lecture where by my suprise a guest lecturer talked about abortion. She mentioned that she was fostered to a loving family as she was growing up, and is now happy with her career, married life and loves her children dearly. At the very end of the lecture she made a point that opened up everyones ears. Her natural mother was raped by an unknown man (if you can call him that) and from that she was conceived. That spun me out completely. I had mixed emotions of anger towards what happened to her mother and happiness that she was with us today to tell us that story..

Hence this is the reason why i'm still on the fence about abortion.
What people do to their own bodies is thier choice and non of my business. And i would never criticise, put down or hate a woman for going through abortion.

A know a girl who got raped while she was on holidays in the US, she decided to keep the baby and she called her 'Hope'. It reduced me to tears to hear that.

anna! said:
I think pro-choice should come with a "no one is allowed to comment on the choice I've made" clause :)

I so agree with that.
How can you truly comment on something as monumentous as this, when you haven't experienced it?

although I am pro choice, its far from easy for me to be that way.
I come from a very catholic family..
About 10 years ago my longish term girlfriend was pregnant. We both decided that an abortion was the only answer, for so many reasons.
She was so upset on the day that I went into the room to hold her hand and talk to her, while the procedure was done.
She cried, what the doctor was doing seemed so incredibly rough and bits of red were glugging through tubes. I will never forget it.
although it was the best decision at the time (selfishness?); every St Pats day I think of what could have been. (worked out that was the night- dont underestimate the power of guinness..)
We split up not to long after that...

ok just to build on my original post whch doesnt make sense to me and i cant even remember (seriously i think i was on some weird stuff)

basically whilst preforming intercorse if there is no contraception used and a child is not wanted then it is a bit irresponsible by both partiesas they should be both concious of what they are doing, hence they shouldnt have a choice on abortion*
*refer to conditions stated later where it is acceptable

if a contraceptive device is usedbut it fails, then i cannot say that abortion should be denyed to them, but they should know that contraceptive devices/methods are not all 100%... so kind of iffy on that

if a person is raped, or it is dangerous for either the mother or the baby to go along with the birth, along with other factors which i cbf listing coz im tipsy and bout to klonk out, then an abortion is acceptable

thank DQ for ur pm which enlightend me into my previous senseless comment on a tricky issue.
oh and please ignore typeos, senseless garble and everything that may not make sense here coz im realy stuffed atm... i neeeeeed sleeep and havent had any since last sat xept for like 2hrs.
night all