• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 800mg of Oxycontin and no desireable effects?

^It could be. I was thinking that it also may have something to do with his abnormal enzyme test results.

I wasn't trying to call you out, sorry if it seemed that way. I was just noting something that I should have mentioned in my original post, which you did mention in your post. Thanks for that! ;)

I wasn't aware that such a low dose could produce such a profound blockade effect. Though to bring up many instances where I haven't had methadone for many days I can take large doses of hydrocodone and oxycodone and while it may provide some relief from withdrawal, it still might not produce any desirable effects. Could that be a result of being on methadone for a long period of time?

like BW said, it can cause significant blockade of other opiates around the 40mg+ range(there's no dose set in stone, everyone is different. the blockade will only set in after an extended period of use as well - which you've been doing. initially when you're using it, because it's a much more potent opiate than most other, it will only be heightening your tolerance and you'll be able to take other opiates to get high; albeit higher doses.

higher doses = risky business, you're only increasing your chance of ODing.

don't expect a rush or anything from methadone either, unless you're one of those people who find it recreational. i'd stick to orally dosing it anyway, it's not the smartest of things to be IVing

like BW said, it can cause significant blockade of other opiates around the 40mg+ range(there's no dose set in stone, everyone is different. the blockade will only set in after an extended period of use as well - which you've been doing. initially when you're using it, because it's a much more potent opiate than most other, it will only be heightening your tolerance and you'll be able to take other opiates to get high; albeit higher doses.

higher doses = risky business, you're only increasing your chance of ODing.

don't expect a rush or anything from methadone either, unless you're one of those people who find it recreational. i'd stick to orally dosing it anyway, it's not the smartest of things to be IVing

IVing methadone sounds absolutely awful, I have never felt a need to do that, and have read that it doesn't even affect how rapid it can come on anyways. Sometimes when I feel like getting a nod I will typically plug about 250mg or more of methadone and can catch a forced nod, but its nothing to right home about, and euphoric isn't close to the right word to describe it.

you said you were just prepping one up for IV?

if you haven't already, then don't. just stick to them orally as they're designed. i'm glad you think it's an awful idea because it is, they're pills for a reason. if you had vials, then it would be ok.

Edit: I guess this could just be a thread to see if anyone else has such a bizarre reaction to regular semi-synthetics opioids like hydrocodone and oxycodone and what, if anything, they have done to help trick their bodies into accepting them.

Edit 2: I have gotten acceptable results with IV oxycodone (with micron filtering) and with oxymorphone and hydromorphone IV as well. 100mg IV is usually enough to put me into a nicely warm opioid bliss, even with 100mg of methadone a day.

That's just bizarre IMO. I can't imagine someone IVing 100mg oxycodone to positive effect, but orally take 8 fold that dose and no desirable effects?

And you say despite the 100mg of methadone you still felt the 100mg IV oxy? Most people say 80mg of methadone is a blockade dosage (I guess that you're an obvious exception to the blockade thing).

I can understand you don't want to "have to" IV drugs to get anything at all out of them, as IV oxycodone is really short lived and all.

I haven't heard of many people being insensitive to opiates to be honest with you. I think I have heard of someone with the exact opposite problem you do. There is a BL user with the name Unlucky. They are super extremely sensitive to opiates (a mild dose of any opiate will yield unwanted negative side effects, there's a reason for this if you read his thread).

I hope this thread attracts some subjective experience which might help you out.

I think I could add more to the point of choking on the talc powder in my nose and nothing positive would come out of it.
I never thought I'd hear someone say this. This is truly insane.

The only other thing I can think of is that some people don't react well to thebaine derived opiates, as oxycodone is one of them. But you DID get high on them once upon a time.... hmmmm. I really have no idea.

If you read the suboxone thread you would understand that buprenorphine seems to have that ridiculous tendency to get metabolized super fast as well for me and I can't afford 4 8mg tablets a day at like $7 a pill compared to a month's methadone at $40 where with methadone I get a nice 48h grace period between doses before withdrawal starts getting unbearable.

Edit: I am not a dealer using massive doses just because I can.
Maybe you would be a good candidate for a buprenorphine patch? Do they make other opiates in patches other than fentanyl? You may still need a large dose but this way it's a steady stream of drug into your system, but I envision that ROA would work better for you.

you said you were just prepping one up for IV?

if you haven't already, then don't. just stick to them orally as they're designed. i'm glad you think it's an awful idea because it is, they're pills for a reason. if you had vials, then it would be ok.

If he can eat 800mg of oxycodone to no positive effect, what makes you think taking one 40mg oxycodone tablet will do him any good at all?

There's a reason he's going to IV it; he's said that's the only way he can get an effect from it.

Last edited:
^LW was talking about injecting methadone in that post... ;)

Even if you do get high, its not going to be worth the cost of 800 mg of oxycodone...unless you have a Rx or a super cheap source.

Could you get high off of oxycodone before you started taking methadone? This is puzzling on so many levels...

^LW was talking about injecting methadone in that post... ;)

OH. Yeah methadone is horrible for IVing (the liquid syrup at least). I don't know of the constituents of the pill, but I am going to assume micron filtering it would be much safer.

Even if you do get high, its not going to be worth the cost of 800 mg of oxycodone...unless you have a Rx or a super cheap source.
Could you get high off of oxycodone before you started taking methadone? This is puzzling on so many levels...

^+1

well put

IMO, you might as well give up on Oxy OP.

^+1

well put

IMO, you might as well give up on Oxy OP.

Does free count as super cheap? A friend I know who has been prescribed 6 40mg of oxycodone a day for some back ailment and has basically been in the habit of letting me have access to whatever I want as long as I reciprocate with d-amphetamine which he says can help bring the pain down more than the opioids, which baffles me because every time I have taken lots of d-amphetamine my back is aching something fierce for a day or two afterward.

Does free count as super cheap? A friend I know who has been prescribed 6 40mg of oxycodone a day for some back ailment and has basically been in the habit of letting me have access to whatever I want as long as I reciprocate with d-amphetamine which he says can help bring the pain down more than the opioids, which baffles me because every time I have taken lots of d-amphetamine my back is aching something fierce for a day or two afterward.

Free does count as super cheap. :)

Gotta love free pills.

Free does count as super cheap. :)

Gotta love free pills.

Yeah.... there is absolutely no way I would be paying upward of $200 just to tickle a curiosity.

As for the remaining oxycontin tablet I found I figured it would be less of a hassle to just plug it than beg borrow and steal my way into some clean rigs. I've hit up every drugstore in a 30 mile radius with the old insulin dependent shtick and most of the pharmacists eye me harshly as I walk in prim and proper with only the preconception that I may be an IV drug user to warp their judgment. I did find a sweet younger pharmacist who gave me a couple dosen rigs for free in the name of harm prevention and if he weren't in the last state I lived in I would hit him up for some sharps any day.

For those that are wondering... I didn't get anything pleasurable from plugging it except a possible delay on my imminent withdrawal.

you take the greeen stuff off when you eat them right?
(if your taking ER)

These were the 40mg pills, so the outer coating was orange, but yes, I did dispose of the outer coating very easily and even if I didn't, pulverizing it should have fixed that problem anyway.

No one has said it so far but why haven't you tried shooting some massive dose of the good old Heroin?

Oxy is clearly expensive when you are talking 800mg and it might be the fact that it is derived from thebaine and not morphine that is fucking you up also.

Either way I am not recommending becoming a dope addict, but it might be the only way you are going to get a proper buzz off opioids again.

daym bro thats insane, that completely exceeds my highist one time dose i actualy feel bad for you that you cant obtain some sort of high from oxys.

Personaly though im also on daily methadone (75mg daily) and even if i smoke the pills on foil which is arguably a very wastefull method of taking the drug i can still obtain a rather decent euphoria after smoking about 2 to 3 fourty mg tablets, and get pretty much the same effect from snorting them without the fast onset ofcourse.

hope this helps put it into a new perspective for you, as many have said maybe you should try somthing different?? it sucks though cuz opiates are definantly awesome (in moderation ofcourse.. which i obviously didint do lol)