• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Small & Handy 2C-B-AN / 2C-B Aminonitrile Thread (2C-B prodrug)

roi

Bluelighter
2-%7B%5B2-(4-bromo-2%2C5-dimethoxyphenyl)ethyl%5Damino%7D-2-phenylacetonitrile.png

Probable IUPAC = 2-phenyl-2-[1-(4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)ethan-2-ylamino]acetonitrile

2C-B-AN is a novel and uncontrolled derivative of 2C-B. It was first synthesised by Daniel Trachsel and listed in his book "Phenethylamine: Von der Struktur zur Funktion".

It's a prodrug for 2C-B. Dosage 40-100mg.

The idea behind the substance is not totally new, check out Amphetaminil, an Amphetamine prodrug using the same motif.

Despite being a prodrug it *should* work with other ROAs besides oral.

Small factsheet on TripSit: http://drugs.tripsit.me/2C-B-AN

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure a few will pop up later today on UKCR :)

Funny, I was just posting this (AFAIK hypothetical, randomly came up with it looking at weird former diet pills ...)

%5B1%E2%80%90(2H%E2%80%901%2C3%E2%80%90benzodioxol%E2%80%905%E2%80%90yl)propan%E2%80%902%E2%80%90yl%5D(furan%E2%80%902%E2%80%90%20ylmethyl)methylamine.png

(MD-Furfenorex)

in the random molecules thread. Very similar genre and this structure should probably work for psychedelic PEA/AMPs too.

this a report of mine from when i tested it a while ago.

Tried this last night at 60mg in rizla and must say i quite enjoyed it. It wasnt that strong and i would say i was at the museum level and was able to cope quite well when my daughter arrived at the house without giving anything away. At one point it was almost too much but i was able to get through it by closing my eyes and watching the mild patterning. Next time i will go to 80mg which should leave me at least another 100mg for the last one. I do think it will get a lot stronger as the dose goes up. As i never had 2cb before i cant compare but it did have a slight apb feel without the jaw tension and very mild visuals and slight euphoria as i was grinning at times for no reason at all.

I didnt listen to music so cant say if music appreciation was up or not also did have slight erotic edge to it but then most psychedelics do for me anyway.

It wasnt as visual as i would have liked but that could be the dose. Didnt last as long as i was expecting too as i was asleep a lot earlier than my usual trips and i always dose around 7 o'clock in the evening.Maybe slight afterglow today as i have been a bit down this month and do feel a slight lift in my mood but that could also be coming from the time me and the wife had last night as its been a while and as i said i was feeling down and not in the mood for anything

ps Forgot to add was quite unsteady on my feet when i had to go to the toilet so had to hold it in till daughter left as she would have noticed something then as i dont drink at all.

sorry if this is the wrong section

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the report, zomby. Those effects certainly sound similar to 2C-B. It does sound like a light dose. Some people require quite large doses of 2C-B to have strong experiences... like me, I need 35+mg to really be immersed in it at all. Given this is less potent, I bet you just dosed low. Also, 2C-B only lasts maybe 4 hours, 5 at most, it's pretty short.

Only if sold for human consumption, which no one does.

Works out pretty good for everyone else! Including the creators of "Craze" who sold alpha,N-diethylphenethylamine (one methyl group from Schedule I ethylamphetamine) for human consumption and got all charged dropped.

What is the AN part of the molecule ? And how safe is it to have this extra metabolite within the body , is there others safely used drugs or supplements that hve the same addition for the prodrug method besides the amp one that was banned?

Likely amininil. Which probably means cyanobenzyl.

Works out pretty good for everyone else! Including the creators of "Craze" who sold alpha,N-diethylphenethylamine (one methyl group from Schedule I ethylamphetamine) for human consumption and got all charged dropped.

Other peoples experiences were much different.* Research incense/spice distributors. Often the interpretation goes beyond "Not for Human Consumption" and requires proving an actual legitimate intent. As an example, with herbs laced with synthetic cannabinoids the only rational usage is in getting intoxicated. As another example, an individual in possession of exotic synthetic drugs such as 25X-NBOMe couldn't possibly have any legitimate purpose in possessing the drug. The legitimate uses of 25X-NBOMe require sophisticated expensive laboratories. The average drug user lacks those facilities and resultantly any legitimate excuse they should poses those drugs too.

Also recall the United States' human rights violations involving the over incarceration of a lot of people frequently receives international criticism. The United States incarcerates the most people on the planet. In addition less than 1% of federal defendants receive not-guilty verdicts there.

Yes, 2C-B-AN could have value. Other countries and myself value cognitive liberty as a human right. I agree with you on this. Despite the failed War on Drugs the United States continues disagreeing. If you purchase these varieties of drugs and live in the United States you should consider them analogues of drugs already scheduled.

Operation Synthetic Web (DEA)
Operation Log Jam (DEA)
Operation Synergy Part I (DEA)
Operation Synergy Part II (DEA)
Operation Synergy Part III (DEA)

Last edited:
Please discuss the legality of this compound elsewhere. As with all novel substances, it "has a stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic effect on the central nervous system that is substantially similar to or greater than the stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic effect on the central nervous system of a controlled substance in schedule I or II" so would be covered under the analogue act. Chances are that it will depend on how good your lawyer is.

The AN in the name stands for "amino-nitrile". I have edited the title of the thread to reflect this.

As with all extremely novel substance threads, we'll be trimming this thread of any off topic discussion.

I haven't seen any vendor to carry this product yet, but will keep an eye out in the future!

I hope the prodrug isn't more toxic or harmful than the parent compound, but I just want to say that I have always wanted to try 2C-B for as long as I can remember but when I could indeed finally procure this substance had been made illegal and placed on the list next to LSD, etc. I didn't have the balls to order any, I'm very sad to say, so it will always be a dream of mine but that's about as far as I can go with it, unfortunately.

It's not aminonitrile, it's acetonitrile isn't it? The amino part seems implied for 2C-B being a PEA.

Then again, the phenyl is ignored either way... it's a benzeneacetonitrile or benzylcyanide (cyanobenzyl) function. But probably best name which should also go in the TT is (2C-B) phenylacetonitrile. And 2C-B-PAN seems like it would have been thorough.
Check? :)

Added what I think is the iupac to OP.

Hehe also following NBOMe nomenclature I guess 25B-NBCN would be correct but that would be confusing!

Last edited:
This just being a prodrug for 2c-B sounds great. Bk-2-cB requires 10x the dosage and has different duration and somewhat different effects from what I gather. I've only run into 2-cb once, was a really beautiful and warm experience. Not super deep and more recreational than the likes of 2c-E or I.

I hope to see this again. This by all means seems to be better than 2cb fly, and probably a little less expensive. Much clearer than 2cb fly very very close to real 2cb.
After the UK ban I expect to see this again.