• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

6years of Active Addiction, should I take my opportunity to get out?

ye there mostly kids and have no idea what this is really about.

asking for help is in my book the hardest part.

if you get a sickness like a really bad flue you just sit it out.

its the same with drugs though some people get PAWS and that can take longer to resolve.

the thing is you don't go around hugging people on the train just to get sick again do you.

no you sit the sickness out and get better then get on with your life.

you will be sick you will heal you will get healthy.

the human body is amazing and very very adaptable.

all you have to know is it does get better.

i've used drugs all my life and quit many many times.

drugs are free for me :) like all drugs.

if I use there is no limit.

if I can come back so can you ;)

again see a doctor as you go through this and a psych if you can.

the doc may be able to make the withdrawals easier and your mate that is helping will not go against what a doctor gives you to take

to help you come back to normal.

depending on how much you used it is sometimes best to use medical help so as to prevent PAWS.

anyway some things to think about.

I think its great your friend will sit this out with you.

and also linked to the family too.

imagine what your mother would think when your finally free of this and then that you are getting along with here partners boy.

these opportunities do not come often in life and I think it may be a little more than a simple sledgehammer watching over your withdrawals

you have been offered here.

take it.
Damn, where you gettin free drugs at? Hook a mf up lmao.

It sounds trite, but daily working out is a HUGE help when getting off drugs. It is amazing how much better you will feel. You get the natural dopamine and endorphin rush from a good workout, and it keeps your emotions so much more stable. Plus you feel better about yourself and if you're in shape, everything feels better and easier. And there is the added benefit of getting to spend that time working out instead of sitting around thinking about ways you might be able to temporarily feel better that result in further digging yourself into a drug hole.

Seriously though, the only times I can really stay off drugs and feel good is when I am working out daily or almost daily.

It sounds trite, but daily working out is a HUGE help when getting off drugs. It is amazing how much better you will feel. You get the natural dopamine and endorphin rush from a good workout, and it keeps your emotions so much more stable. Plus you feel better about yourself and if you're in shape, everything feels better and easier. And there is the added benefit of getting to spend that time working out instead of sitting around thinking about ways you might be able to temporarily feel better that result in further digging yourself into a drug hole.

Seriously though, the only times I can really stay off drugs and feel good is when I am working out daily or almost daily.
110% true.

a job is another way that is physical.

distraction is king of the remap plus the chem stuff that happens in physical activity.

If leaving an addiction was easy I would've done it years ago. But no, it's a beast and it takes a long hard fight. Best to start sooner rather than later.

i decided to go, about 30miles from home & 8 days in. i feel 100% better, things are going good. Xbox & bottles on bottles of water have been my best friend. Just pushing one day at a time, i don’t know anyone around here so shits been easier to stay away from but ya know the drill, not hard to find & all my previous people have been hitting my inbox. thanks for all the support, it has helped significantly

Awesome man, glad to hear it and good job! :) Addiction definitely becomes harder and harder to shake the longer you're in it.

My question, what the hell is a 'passive' addiction supposed to bloody well be -?

... Ok I reckon if you're currently not using but desperately wanting to be using, that could be reasonably called that; because yeah in practice you're abstinent but you still have that addicted mindset. Only I know rehab newspeak doesn't mean it quite like that ; instead it divides everyone into 'active' addicts ie. currently using, and then everyone else who's EVER used, regardless of whether they're struggling or not.

Like addiction was some fundamental state of being which if it ever once in your life applied to you, can never again NOT apply. Excuse me but how does it make sense to call someone who not only hasn't had a drink in twenty years, but also doesn't particularly WANT a drink, still an 'alcoholic' ??
I mean I used to have a massive heroin problem aaaand.... now I don't. Period.

Take a break and have a go at leaving your habit behind or adjusting it, if you feel it interferes with your life ; absolutely.
But if you want my advice you'll do better at it if right from the start you forget about thinking in these bogus concepts.

WHAT do you want from your DOC and WHY do you want it. That's where you have to start because that's where your answer lies as to whether or not, and how, you will successfully abstain or moderate.
What do you think it can do for you and how high a price are you willing to pay for that perceived benefit. What costs are you maybe NO LONGER willing to pay. What other things might conceivably provide whatever the substance currently provides you, in a healthier way. Begin there.

When I first heard the term roxies back when I was a yungun starting my pill journey, I thought they were a different kind of oxy with something mixed in with it lmao.
They are rapid acting oxycodone, because all those ocs were rime release and then they started making them difficult to crush

If this is the kick in the ass that you need to move on, take it! Don’t worry about what other people tell you when you’re getting clean about “doing it for yourself” and al that shit either. If it works, it works! Take his lead! If you can seize the day, then do it!