• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

60 Minutes: Reefer madness

LIZ HAYES: You survived.

LACHLAN PREECE: Yeah, I did survive. Yeah.

LIZ HAYES: Not everyone does.

LACHLAN PREECE: Yeah, I know, I know.

wait was he smoking weed or fighting a war?

^^ hahaha. lol

LIZ HAYES: "...strong; super-strong"

sorry I know Ive already posted that but it just cracks me up.... I think that phrase may have actually been an ad-lib. Go Liz!

If only Steve Liebman was working on 60mins or ACA!! I cannot tell you how happy it would make me to sit down after a couple of bucket bongs every night and piss myself at him.

I saw the second half last night. IT WAS SO STUPID. they said that it would be less harmfull for young people to become heroin adddicts than to smoke hydro what do you think is more harmfull?

^ well technically if you had pure heroin and a safe method of delivery then well it would be kinda safer then smoking dope....

I watched a little bit of this show, typical for the time and channel I thought.

I was unfortunate enough to sit through and watch that absolute load of crap, Im going to email 60 minutes and demand they give me back the 20 minutes of life they stole from me. I thought it was absolute fucking shit. It was just a whole lot of scare tactics to scare off non users and uneducated people. I do beleive that smoking dope does effect young and developing brains, but come on, obviously kids shouldn't be smoking dope or taking any other drugs. Im sure if kids were to drink a six pack of jim beams and smoke a pack of winnie blues a day it would probibly effect there brains too, but there still very legal substances. And as far as there being 10 and 11 year olds smoking dope, fucking hell???? what % of dope smokers does that equate too?....hhhmmmmm about fuck all. I bet theres about 100 times more kids smoking cigerettes and getting physically addicted to that shit, but then again thats a good taxable drug the government can get their cut from. I've been smoking dope regularily since I was 16 - 17. In fact I probibly smoked more when I was a teenager and I and all my friends have had no trouble adjusting to the real world. We all have decent jobs and sound minds. I have never had to do a B and E to get my next fix of THC. And whats this shit about mull being a gateway drug?, what a load of shit. Ooooohhhh....the rats that ate the mull went on to eat the heroin too. FUCKING HELL ITS A FUCKING RODENT!!!! Considering rats eat fucking anything and have brains the size of fucking peas I for one am not surprised. I mean come on, I've smoked plantations of pot and never went on to touch hard and dangerous drugs because I am a human with a functioning brain smart enough to know that heroin can kill you, shooting up unknown substances can kill you, drinking GHB can kill you, eating PMA can kill you etc etc. I have no desire to do any of those. I think that anyone who makes a consious decision within themselves to experiment with pot is going to try other drugs too, thats why they smoked mull in the first place. And lets face it, whats the most easily accessable and socialably excepted illegal recreational drug around?...pot. Its the most obvious drug that a person will try first because of its relatively easy accessability. Any non drug user will know someone that smokes it, and if they dont, then they really dont know their friends that well. Just because its the first drug a user might try does not mean it is a gateway to other drugs. The gateway is there own mind. The gate was wide fucking open when they lit up that first cone. Fuck this crap pisses me off. A totally one sided biased peice of bullshit anti drug propaganda. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it 60 minutes.

On a happier note, what did everyone think of those lovely sticky skunk buds? Holy fuck my mouth was watering, I had been sick all day sunday and wasn't going to have a choof until I saw those lovely nugs, I ran straight out of the room and smoked the biggest bucket of buds.

Last edited:
can someone email 60minutes mailbag ask why they showed the brain without showing any damage on it...

i guess Peter Harvey would just make some stupid whitty comment, so it seems he is right...

my innerself said:
. Ooooohhhh....the rats that ate the mull went on to eat the heroin too. FUCKING HELL ITS A FUCKING RODENT!!!! Considering rats eat fucking anything and have brains the size of fucking peas I for one am not surprised.

LMFAO innerself! =D

Stuart said:
i guess Peter Harvey would just make some stupid whitty comment, so it seems he is right...

and he did (as usual) to an intelligent, well written letter in the mailbag segment the following week. his response was along the lines of, "well, there's a reason they call it dope". oh so witty fuckface.

rah said:
It probably was a bit sensationalist. But I think it is very important that more people learn about the issue of marijuana psychosis and addiction, especially younger people. Considering so many kids these days really think it is a harmless drug.

I have had a few friends who've wasted much of their lives away because they were addicted and smoked during their whole youth, and others who have developed psychosis, some who still haven't really recovered since they stopped smoking.

The problem with sensationalist and worst case scenario drug related journalism is that it reinforces lies that people discrover are not true and this discredits EVERYTHING that is reported, even the true stuff.

They report one side of the story (i.e. Weed makes you psychotic, is highly addictive and gives you schizophenia) and typical risk-taking teens have their first few puffs and realise: "I'm not addicted, I'm not psychotic and I don't have schizophrenia. Hmmm, I guess everything they said/say about marijuana is total bullshit - I'll smoke this shit 3 times a day!!!". Then by generalisation, they believe nothing the media says about ANY drug.

The cycle of misinformation is incredibly harmful, regardless of how many 'true' things are reported. People need to be educated and proper educatation requires the truth, unbiased information and both sides of the story to be reported. Until that happens kids and others alike won't believe anything the media or the government says about drugs.

Last edited:
I think the cannibus seed bank owner made a good point about how a distinction needs to be made between psychotic symptom, psychotic episode, psychosis and schizophrenia.
There have been longitudinal studies (studies where they have followed a persons develop for a number of years) that has shown that heavy cannibus users are about 2.5 or 3 times more likely to develop schizophrenia than non-users (I think the study was called the Swedish Cohort study). The take home messages of these types of studies is that whilst cannibas may contribute to a person developing schizophrenia, it does not cause schizophrenia on its own, there were other factors as well as cannibas that contributed to that person developing schizophrenia. In other words, there is a casual link between cannibas and schizophrenia.
That said, cannibas can cause symptoms or mental states that are very similar to psychotic symptoms or mental states. For example, I'm sure there are plenty of people who use bluelight who have become paranoid for no reason or have had some sort of delusions (generally negative) when smoking pot. these are similar to what a person who is having a psychotic episode experiences. However, when someone smokes pot these psychotic symptoms will disappear. Adding to this there has been no comprehensive research as to whether there are any close neurobiological similarities between delusions on cannibas and delusions suffered during psychosis.
There are several take home messages:
1. Not enough is known about the causes of schizophrenia for any one to infer that there is a direct cause, so far all we know is that several casual factors (like pot) may lead to succeptable individuals developing schizophrenia
2. Young minds are still developing up until about the age of 21. Adolescence is a time when alot of experimentation is done with many things, inlcuding drugs. It is also a time when a person is developing a sense of identity and many stressful changes are occuring. It is also the most likely time that someone is to develop a mental illness like schizophrenia. Young people would do well not to use drugs on a regular basis at this stage, just adds to more casual factors that can lead to the development of schizophrenia.
3. Cannibas psychosis has been shown to occur in some heavy users of cannabis, a psychosis is generally an episode that can last anywhere from a couple of hours to generally at most a month, if use is discontinued. However, generally this will only happen to individuals who are succeptable to psychotic episodes - ie. the episode may have happened later on in this persons life, but the cannibas triggered it early, or the heavy smoking was the hair that broke the camels back.

Pretty much this article was a skimming of evidence suggesting a link between psychosis/schizophrenia and cannabis but didn't elaborate at all the complexities of the argument. It was sensational journalism, dumbed down so that your averaage howard, simpson and his donkey loving, aussie battler could have something to grumble about over his VB and winnie blues. There was some truth in it, but as said before this will not happen to vast majority of people and in my opinion probably won't happen at all if people keep their cannabis use to a low level.