• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

60 Minutes: ICE - 09/07/06

i missed it, i hope they put it on there web site like 4 corners did, if it goes up anywhere else can someone post the address, thanks

^^dont worry tedies it wasent that decent. Its was just informing people that it can be called ice, meth, rock, speed and telling it could come in forms of shards, pills, wippa ect.... I thought it would be better than it was, but there was no news in that to me or ne of me mates. It was all basic info.

Rated E said:

I laughed when they said "ironically its known as a party drug, however it is also called the devil's drug" haha, .

I know, I cringed at that bit too. The "Devil's Drug"? Yes, that's a really common term. :| I just wish they wouldn't ruin otherwise interesting reports which have the potential to help and educate people, with ridiculous sensationalism.

ultru-light said:
did any of you see that 16yr old kid in the hospital they were trying to inject and he was just looping. i was thinking what the hell just let it wear off. he wasent ODing he was just peaking. some1 shed som light onto this for me please, was that kid in trouble or just totaly skatered/fukdup?

He had a fairly massive gash in his arm, pouring blood. I think they were trying to anethesise the area or something... to sew it up maybe? that was my impression. They were jabbing it in his muscle, not his veins. A sedative would have gone in the vein.

I was pretty impressed overall with the hospital staff and the way they handled things.... must be a shitty ass job.

well considering the amount of ice being used at the moment you would assume that they would be pretty experienced

It is Channel 9 afterall... look what they milked from the Miner's, only doco's worth watching are on ABC or SBS. Doco's are the best things on our TV's.

Documentary's and STORIES, are two completely different things however, 60 minutes tells one sided stories. Where as doco's tell THE STORY, I didn't catch 60 minutes, but I saw the other two and thought they were really good. But being Channel 9 and 60 minutes, I doubt it would be any good. Just another *scareshow*.

Scaring people doesn't stop them from trying drugs... Telling them the facts does, or at least safe use anyway!

SpecTBK=D

When a preview begins with an echoed voice saying "its the devils drug"!! I know I'm not gonna watch, channel 9 is a load of shit :p

i would have to say that was one of the most terrible biased reports i have ever seen.
they made it seem like you would become totally psychotic from doing a tiny amount.
i was laughing at "the devils drug"
that was just tooo funny.

(Copied from the other ice thread, did not see australian section)

For those who have had general meth (cut down)
Ice is a hell of a difference on intake.
You can feel and see the addiction potential from having 1/4 -> 1/2 a point
While coke is addictive and expensive it does not last anywhere near as long and is alot more expensive which is why meth would be a bigger problem which is far quicker to wash over.
Also meth being a hell of a lot easier to obtain
What i fail to see is why Meth isnt in the big 3 in the war on drugs. xtc coke and heroin yet the biggest rising problem is with meth.
Go figure

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
He had a fairly massive gash in his arm, pouring blood. I think they were trying to anethesise the area or something... to sew it up maybe? that was my impression. They were jabbing it in his muscle, not his veins. A sedative would have gone in the vein.

I was pretty impressed overall with the hospital staff and the way they handled things.... must be a shitty ass job.

I didnt see the gash in his arm, cheers for bringing that one to my attention.

I don't get it how whenever there is media coverage on ice they always say it is a high more powerful than heroin. I haven't done heroin but I have smoked ice once and when I did I was expecting a strong rush of euphoria, all I got was a physical buzzed up rush. It just felt like strong speed and not particularly euphoric. In terms of euphoria, ecstasy shits all over it.

And I have to agree with the media in labelling it 'the devils drug'. Omfg, I couldn't believe how much weight I'd lost and how skinny I looked after spending two nights on the stuff. It's murder on your body.

Yeah i have had different grades of ice for some reason, The last batch i had was a major rush. I can see the addiction potential after like 1/4 a point.

Pure meth, even like two points, given to a first-time user of pure meth, will be surely fried and hooked for a long long time.

Permanent damage me thinks.

i was laughing at "the devils drug"

my understanding is that the thai word for meth tablets is "yaba" which means "crazy drug"... kinda inaccurate to call it the devil's drug but still, it isn't entirely off the mark.

its funny how no matter what drug they show its allways the most deadliest one out. its like come on make your fucking mind up