• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 4th day off Fent/analogue/u47700?

On a full 50mg naltrexone now. Some stomach discomfort nothing major some runs but completely tolerable. Got my ambien (yea I abuse it) I sniff 3-5 at a time every month for about a week till I run out then that’s it. It’s the addict in me but I love the sedation and feeling it gives me. My wife does too. Anyway key thing here I’m totally off opiates and on naltrexone. I go home to my wife and dog tomorrow at 9am so gonna sniff away these ambien until I cook coffee and gum in a frying pan again and hide eggs in the cabinet lol yes some of the things ambien has made me do 🤗 many others too. Anyway I called and scheduled the vivitrol shot so I don’t have to take the pills everyday . This will probably be my last update hasn’t been much chatter anyway but I just wanted to thank you all especially snafu! Thank u guys and I truly wish you all the best!

Don’t Understand it man I’m mind blown it’s day 6 I felt ok this morning now I’m in my mind and my body is driving me insane wtf is actually going on how can I be ok then not ok then ok then not ok ot doesn’t make sense ! The withdrawls have been mild yes for sure but still enough to drive a person to cave and I’m tryin so hard not to!
You answered the question yourself when you said it’s lipophilic. What happens is it builds up in your fat cells and gets slowly released into your blood stream. When this happens you will feel ok. When it wears off you will feel very crappy. The rate is gets cleared is dependent on your body type and bass metabolic rate. The new Fent analogues; some of them have a very long half life. If you don’t get a huge rush it is likely that it has a longer half life than short acting ones. I would personally detox off short acting ones but we really don’t have any control over what we buy so we are literally playing w Russian roulette. Have you tried clonodine or lucemyra. If not call a doctor and get a script right away. You can also try to make microdoses of suboxone, but keep in mind you will have to detox from this as well. But the WD symptoms are very mild compared to any full agonists such as Fent/ heroine/ methadone. Keep us updated on your progress please!

On a full 50mg naltrexone now. Some stomach discomfort nothing major some runs but completely tolerable. Got my ambien (yea I abuse it) I sniff 3-5 at a time every month for about a week till I run out then that’s it. It’s the addict in me but I love the sedation and feeling it gives me. My wife does too. Anyway key thing here I’m totally off opiates and on naltrexone. I go home to my wife and dog tomorrow at 9am so gonna sniff away these ambien until I cook coffee and gum in a frying pan again and hide eggs in the cabinet lol yes some of the things ambien has made me do 🤗 many others too. Anyway I called and scheduled the vivitrol shot so I don’t have to take the pills everyday . This will probably be my last update hasn’t been much chatter anyway but I just wanted to thank you all especially snafu! Thank u guys and I truly wish you all the best!
Good work brother! Should have read this post before recommending sub in my earlier post. Hope you stay opiate free from henceforth!

Hey man! Thanks! Yes youre 100% right we don’t know shit about what we are getting. I usually do take clonidine .1 like skittles through the first few days but didn’t have any this time. I took some gabapentin but only had a few so Valium was what I had 20mgs 4x daily for about 6 days then I stopped on the 8th day clean from opiates as scared as I was I started naltrexone. The fear subsided within 30 mins because usually 20-30 mins and I’m in full blow precipitated hell. It didn’t happen. Just stomach pain and discomfort maybe from the loperamide I took last weekend to ease withdrawls I only took a total of 100mgs over two days but it sticks in ur gut so maybe the naltrexone kicked that out. Don’t get me wrong I don’t feel even 75% yet but I’m up in showering I’m even picking on fruits … anyway I hope you’re ok too! I’m starting to dribble from the 8 10mg ambien I snorted so I’m gonna try to sleep goodnight man! Thanks again!

I know you don’t remember talking to me about this several months ago but we did 🤗 it blocks opiates but not Fent Fent can break thru the blockade. However it hasn’t caused any anhedonia in me it just reminds me of I take opiates I won’t get high and I’ll prolly OD because it lowers your tolerance big time after a while. Naltrexone is pill form of the shot they give forgot the name? Vivitrol? Yea that’s it it’s just immediate release 50mgs vivitrol it blocks alcohols effects too no euphoria. You can get drunk but won’t feel euphoric and it also tremendously makes you not want to drink it reduces drinking cravings. Please please PLEASE do not take it sooner than 8-10!days after last opiate usage though you will cry out for death due to the worst PRecipitated withdrawls you ever felt in your life. I told you in the past my wife spiked my drink with one on three occasions while I was on a 3 bundle a day IV Fent habit. I left reality words sounded foreign things were not what they seemed. Profuse vomiting and diarrhea severe sweats thrashing around passing out in and out of consciousness I should have gone to the ER but didn’t I couldn’t. If I had a gun I would have blown my head off if I could raise it high enough and had enough strength the pull the trigger. I couldn’t even lift myself off the couch she started hitting me with a mop to wake me up and make me respond to her because her questions I couldn’t process. Lot more too just too much to type. However when taken properly it’s a god send for me and others. As always there are the ones who think it’s great and ones who think it isn’t.

Thanks, yeah I do remember that. I will probably try to give it a try when I am off again... struggling at the moment... again. I am able to get off but keep going back. Right now I'm looking at a slow taper and jump off with some comfort meds when I get real low. Honestly just having something to where I knew that if I gave in, it wouldn't even work, would be a huge help for me.

Hey man! Thanks! Yes youre 100% right we don’t know shit about what we are getting. I usually do take clonidine .1 like skittles through the first few days but didn’t have any this time. I took some gabapentin but only had a few so Valium was what I had 20mgs 4x daily for about 6 days then I stopped on the 8th day clean from opiates as scared as I was I started naltrexone. The fear subsided within 30 mins because usually 20-30 mins and I’m in full blow precipitated hell. It didn’t happen. Just stomach pain and discomfort maybe from the loperamide I took last weekend to ease withdrawls I only took a total of 100mgs over two days but it sticks in ur gut so maybe the naltrexone kicked that out. Don’t get me wrong I don’t feel even 75% yet but I’m up in showering I’m even picking on fruits … anyway I hope you’re ok too! I’m starting to dribble from the 8 10mg ambien I snorted so I’m gonna try to sleep goodnight man! Thanks again!
That’s awesome work bro!! Gotta give you mad props for sticking through it all the way. Smart call on getting on Vivitrol. Now comes the real work which is dealing w life wo the warm blanket of opioids. Also if you feel that you might relapse for any reason I highly advise getting on low dose suboxone. Let your brain heal, let new nerve connections form by staying active, prayer, helping out other people in distress and work. Stay strong boss! Remember there is no shame in using sub if you feel that you will relapse. This is the time when 90% of people go back to using full agonists opioids so be vigilant and build a strong support network. Try not to drink booze at all esp if you intend to stay on vivitrol. There is a shot called sublocade which is once a month. It’s basically a depot of buprenorphine that’s injected into your fat tissue. You can ask your doctor about it if you feel that you are prone to relapse. Feel free to reach out if you need someone to talk to

That’s awesome work bro!! Gotta give you mad props for sticking through it all the way. Smart call on getting on Vivitrol. Now comes the real work which is dealing w life wo the warm blanket of opioids. Also if you feel that you might relapse for any reason I highly advise getting on low dose suboxone. Let your brain heal, let new nerve connections form by staying active, prayer, helping out other people in distress and work. Stay strong boss! Remember there is no shame in using sub if you feel that you will relapse. This is the time when 90% of people go back to using full agonists opioids so be vigilant and build a strong support network. Try not to drink booze at all esp if you intend to stay on vivitrol. There is a shot called sublocade which is once a month. It’s basically a depot of buprenorphine that’s injected into your fat tissue. You can ask your doctor about it if you feel that you are prone to relapse. Feel free to reach out if you need someone to talk to
well said and well done, Tony!
The long term PAWS does end. Don't forget what you went thru during the withdrawal and realize - really take in - the reality that you WILL FEEL BETTER IN TIME. The "why bother to live" phase does pass.

First, there is such a thing as neuro plasticity and you can retrain your brain to hurry up the endorphin creation. The endorphins we stopped making ourselves (because we took opiates), takes a while to return. Some say it takes 6 months.
The good news is we can speed it up.
What activities create endorphins most in your life? Time/Intimacy with your wife, laughing hard (watch comedies and if you can, see a stand up comedian), making or listening to music, performing, go skydiving if that works for you - (I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie) and exercise - I recall that you work out and did MMA. These things will help kickstart your brain so the anhedonia doesn't take root and create its own cycle. Screw that.

Your brain will catch up.

And remember the DOWN sides of using. Waking up miserable and needing a pill(s), the TIME spent planning the next score, then risking your life getting it (ripped off felt crappy!) cramping and sweating because you got "stuck" without any and you were in real life or a plane, or a hospital with a sick loved one, or traffic, or with your new baby, = REAL LIFE.

I tapered off after a 20 year history after a back injury. Yes I still miss it at times. But THANK GOD the anhedonia is gone, and I laugh hard, often.
Life gets better. Way more peace, more honesty and authenticity and now, finally, plenty of intensely fun times.

Just as grief passes but is never forgotten, withdrawal, cravings and then PAWS, will fade.
Keep posting!

When I get a craving (about once a month, even now), I come here and read stories like yours. And I remember that phrase "one is too many, 1000 isn't enough" and then I make it another day.

It's year 3 for me, btw.

Good luck!

well said and well done, Tony!
The long term PAWS does end. Don't forget what you went thru during the withdrawal and realize - really take in - the reality that you WILL FEEL BETTER IN TIME. The "why bother to live" phase does pass.

First, there is such a thing as neuro plasticity and you can retrain your brain to hurry up the endorphin creation. The endorphins we stopped making ourselves (because we took opiates), takes a while to return. Some say it takes 6 months.
The good news is we can speed it up.
What activities create endorphins most in your life? Time/Intimacy with your wife, laughing hard (watch comedies and if you can, see a stand up comedian), making or listening to music, performing, go skydiving if that works for you - (I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie) and exercise - I recall that you work out and did MMA. These things will help kickstart your brain so the anhedonia doesn't take root and create its own cycle. Screw that.

Your brain will catch up.

And remember the DOWN sides of using. Waking up miserable and needing a pill(s), the TIME spent planning the next score, then risking your life getting it (ripped off felt crappy!) cramping and sweating because you got "stuck" without any and you were in real life or a plane, or a hospital with a sick loved one, or traffic, or with your new baby, = REAL LIFE.

I tapered off after a 20 year history after a back injury. Yes I still miss it at times. But THANK GOD the anhedonia is gone, and I laugh hard, often.
Life gets better. Way more peace, more honesty and authenticity and now, finally, plenty of intensely fun times.

Just as grief passes but is never forgotten, withdrawal, cravings and then PAWS, will fade.
Keep posting!

When I get a craving (about once a month, even now), I come here and read stories like yours. And I remember that phrase "one is too many, 1000 isn't enough" and then I make it another day.

It's year 3 for me, btw.

Good luck!
Very good point Lauren! It is also important to remember that neuroplasicity occurs is old age too. The brain never stops adapting and evolving until the heart stops beating. And scientists have still not figured out what makes the heart beat. That’s why all major religions claim It is the seat of the soul. The human body is truly resilient. Just give it time. Like Lauren said remember all the bad times before you give into any cravings in the future. Even one time is too many. Stay well and stay happy! Feel free to update us on how you are doing Tony! We are all here for you.

Very good point Lauren! It is also important to remember that neuroplasicity occurs is old age too. The brain never stops adapting and evolving until the heart stops beating. And scientists have still not figured out what makes the heart beat. That’s why all major religions claim It is the seat of the soul. The human body is truly resilient. Just give it time. Like Lauren said remember all the bad times before you give into any cravings in the future. Even one time is too many. Stay well and stay happy! Feel free to update us on how you are doing Tony! We are all here for you.
Amen^^.
Also TONY-- I forgot to mention that when I had those cravings early on and a few times a year now (yes-even 3 years out), I take lyrica. It also helps with pain and I do have pain.

Lyrica helped me with withdrawal symptoms as well. I don't know why it helps with cravings even now, but it does.

Keep us posted on your path and don't forget to take it one day at a time. You don't have to stare at a mountain of "Never", you just have to get through now.