• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How open are you about your drug use? Who knows you use drugs?

DrillSergeant

Greenlighter
I am 19 years old and an open drug user, I admit with no problem or regret to whoever asks me if I use and the more I think about it the more I try to recap if everyone ive grown to know who does use ever admitted as freely or openly as I do..is this strange to be so comftorable with the subject at hand?
Of course I dont admit to my boss or anything like that but I have a job and money and no im not an addict so I see no problem with what i do as long as I have everything under control..i just want to hear some others views

Feel free to ask any more questions and post your views and experiences on this. Who knows you use? why do those particular people know, and do you want them to know? How do you choose who you allow to know about it? Are you just real open, dont give a fuck, let em know who cares type mentality, or living a secret drug using life? Related reading about that here: Addicts, Are you livin a secret double life?

Hope yall enjoy this thread. Welcome to BL DrillSergeant:)

peace
lacey

note: Thread topic was edited to make it a lil bit broader, so it aint only about the OP and able to support discussion not just be about one person, edit in blue

Last edited by a moderator:
why'd ya pick the name? being a instructor is something you earn, and by age 19, will not have had the time to be a DS/basic indoc instructor. :p

I dont think his nick is the question he asked us guys. 8)

I think if youre among friends it should be fine to "admit" you use drugs. Obviously, if youre among other users then that goes without saying. How many people are there out there that dont use ANY drugs these days anyway though? Caffiene, Nicotine, alcohol, those last two kill more every year than all the illegal drugs in the world combined. Yes, theres a perceived shame in admitting to certain people what you like to do in your spare time (though its really none of their business). But in some ways, maybe its good to let your friends know, if only that they can keep an eye on you should things ever get out of hand. I too am only a recreational user, and I have a good job, kids, house etc. And as the great Bill Hicks once said, I just take them, "...and go about my day" =D

well last night me and some friends got really drunk playing kings and that was a rule it was funny at the time and the first thing that came to my mind but yeah i have no affiliation with any army/drill training or anything in betweeen

thx snaggletooth for actually replying to the question at hand, i dont feel bad for it at all ive just been up all night smoking crystal and started to wonder

I was about to merge this with our "how open are you about your drug use" thread, but damn Im old. Looks like thats in the archives now. so, Ima change this title to be more informative so ppl know wat they clickin on when they read it, and welcome to "how open...." v2!: congratulations drillssgt for reviving a classic so we can all post in it again.

sorry for ragging on ya, just it feels to us who earned them titles like it would a Dr or lawyer faking it/using it as a hanle.

im open about it when wont get me trouble, and speak not a word when it could. (open to friend, not so much my company ommander)

I am pretty open about it, anybody I meet in a social setting if asked or if it came up I wont hesitate to share the fact I have used and continue to use (some) drugs and my opinions on why it should be legal.

My parents know but only because I have been caught out several times, I am fairly open with them about it now in regards to my opinions and some past experiences but in general I avoid the topic as they are not approving in the least. It isn't something I would share with a boss or even co-workers unless I was pretty sure they were cool with it so as to not jeopordise a job.

In short, I am very open about it in every appropriate setting, but there are some situations in which it is fairly obvious you should be discreet.

sorry for stealing a title, didn't think of it like that but no that theres no sense of imaginable authority meant by my name hah but im very glad to see that most the replies are related to my answer and thx for broadening the post topic lacey

I just honestly feel that if someone cant accept me for how I am on the daily then theres no point to hide things and try to sneak certain things in (especially when it comes to drugs cause no matter what or who, after a few big rails of some scale there was no playing it off) but this is just based on past experiences i personally have had.i just dont see a point in changing myself for anyone whether it be a girl or a good friend..I am who I am either accept it or leave it be and we can part ways and be done simple as that

you shouldn't see a point in changing yourself. there is none. unless its for an authority figure (IE: a boss, C/O, or cop) you have no real reason to not admit to being high if someone calls you on it. However, I do see a problem with just telling everyone you talk to about your drug use, if there's no reason to bring it up, don't. Honestly to me, its just annoying when people always try to make a point of what drugs their on or how high they are. So yeah, if someone asks me "what did you take?" or "LOL damn you look fuuuucked up" then sure I'll admit to being high or using whatever drug, but I'm not going to walk up to some random person and be like "So, crazy weather we're having huh? BTW I'm high as a kite on crystal meth!" that's just stupid.

Its the media that gives a bit of recreational fun a bad name. How many people across the world take an E every weekend? I mean the total in the UK, USA, Canada, Austrailia, Europe (where youve got Ibiza, Amsterdam, Berlin etc). At a conservative guess Id say around 4-10million? (it used to be 1.5million just in a UK weekend alone in the mid 90s). And how many of those resulted in death? Hmm, single figures (at a max) Id say (mostly due to bad info and conduct). Now take a snapshot of alcohol. How many stabbings due to that? Shootings. Car accidents. Liver failures. Heart attacks etc. In a world weekend there most be thousands, if not tens of thousands. And still, those of us who like the alternate things in life, are tarred with the brush of outcast, reject, junkie etc. 8)

Ive found it doesmore harm than good telling people, so i keep it hush and to people i know use themselves.

I used to be very open with my drug use when I would just do a different drug every night. All my friends would do it with me and we had a blast. Then, over time, my friends just dwindled their drug use down to pot and alcohol, while I dwindled mine down to oxy, then heroin. I'm not open about it anymore, as they have all tried to have an intervention with me, and all talk about me behind my back and look down on me for not being able to stop despite my trying. So everyone knows, but I have to fucking hide it. Fucking hypocrites act like they're above it all when they used to do it, but never got addicted. Assholes.

Im pretty open with my drug use to close friends and hell even my family. Except my so called dad who barely even knows what morphine is 8) . Idiot.

I am very quite about it around some of my former friends that are still around because the last thing i fucking need is to have my place broken into sometime when noone is home. Because then i would have to get the bastard who had done it and sort em out and i don't want to do time for beating the shit out of some loud mouth. Alot of the people i used to know are just way to loose lipped to let em know i have stuff lying round.

But the new friends i have and a few friends from the old days who i know keep their mouth shut i have no problem being open about my drug use.

if you IV how many people know besides fellow IVing friends

In our culture its very taboo to IV drugs, its prolly one of the most taboo parts of all drug use. so most keep it a secret. Who knows about your drug use...

For me im the only one of my friends who IVs..... but i have told 1 friend.. my best friend. hes trying to stay clean off opiates... but we used to do alot of OC back in the day.

So yea i keep my IV use a secret... and am forced to wear long sleeve shirts all year round :\

how about u guys

All of my friends pretty much. The people who use themselves ad those who don't/never tried dope. I can't stand being hot so I don't wear long sleeve shirts during the summer. I usually wear those white sleeveless shirts, which obviously show my tracks...some people notice it some don't. When I'm ariund my family I keep it less obvious.

yea pretty much all my friends shoot they dope and then a few that dont are really open minded and can look past the fact that i shoot. as long as you are a honest respectable person why should how you go about to get ya drugs in ya body skew anyone's perception on you as an individual. luckily the friends i have that dont shoot are really awesome friends to have.

Its the media that gives a bit of recreational fun a bad name. How many people across the world take an E every weekend? I mean the total in the UK, USA, Canada, Austrailia, Europe (where youve got Ibiza, Amsterdam, Berlin etc). At a conservative guess Id say around 4-10million? (it used to be 1.5million just in a UK weekend alone in the mid 90s). And how many of those resulted in death? Hmm, single figures (at a max) Id say (mostly due to bad info and conduct). Now take a snapshot of alcohol. How many stabbings due to that? Shootings. Car accidents. Liver failures. Heart attacks etc. In a world weekend there most be thousands, if not tens of thousands. And still, those of us who like the alternate things in life, are tarred with the brush of outcast, reject, junkie etc. 8)

Nicely said :)

I'm open about my usage with my friends and friends of friends, but no one else. Unfortunately, even in New Zealand there is still a certain stigma about using drugs recreationally. And that means that you don't want to be telling absolutely everyone you meet about how you are someone who uses drugs occasionally.

I think my mother knows, but the last thing she would want in the world is to have me confirm that ... so we both just don't talk about this subject.

Parents know I have a problem with prescriptions, I get the "You look like shit" talk most every time i see them.

Friends who do drugs know, anyone I meet I keep it hush with unless we start talking about the subject, or I think it is important for them to know.