• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Beginner's Dosage Guide

mdmantpa

Bluelighter
Ok, well I'd like to start out by saying I keep seeing all these people asking about how much to use, and what not. The following are my experiences with each chemical, by itself, with little to no tolerance. The doses were for a male 5'9" and 165lbs. They were all effective doses, and I did not come close to an overdose or the likes. I am not saying this will make it safe for you, it is just a reference when someone wants to get a general idea of how much is a "normal" amount to use.

Cocaine
- 100mg with 20-30 minutes between lines (snorting, not IV) 25-50mg for IV

Crack- a rock about the size of a pea (0.05g-0.1g), 10 minutes between hits

Hydrocodone(Vicodin/Norco/Lortab)- 20mg no more than every 4 hours (orally, preferably without APAP- do a CWE for prolonged administration)

Oxyocodone(Percocet/OxyContin)- 15-20mg no more than every 4 hours(orally, preferably without APAP), 10-15mg (snorting), and I would recommend not IVing pills in general, especially if you don't have any tolerance or idea how much you should do. This is an Overdose waiting to happen!...however if you must, I would start with probably 10mg, and have a sitter with you.

Morphine- 25mg (Orally), 30-35mg (Snorting), 7-10mg (IV)

Hydromorphone(Dilaudid)- 5-7mg (Orally), 4mg (Snorting), 1-2mg (IV)

Heroin(Brown/Skag/H/Raw/Scramble)- 50mg (Snorting), 50-100mg (Smoking), 25mg (IV), Injecting street Heroin is very dangerous, especially when you do not know how pure it is, what it was cut with, or how to properly and safely inject, please have a sitter for you first few times.*These dosages were for US Heroin #4, specifically brown powder heroin. For black tar Heroin it has been suggested to use approximately 100mg (Smoked) and 50mg (IV)

Tramadol(Ultram)- 100-200mg (Orally)

Propoxyphene(Darvon/Darvocet)- IME Fuck this, throw it away or keep it for W/D's, taking 2 or more at once only made me violently ill, and very disphoric

Methadone(Methadose/Wafers)- 10-20mg (Orally), be very cautious when using Methadone, as it stays active for close to 24 hours. Overdoses do occur when people don't wait about a day before redosing or using other drugs, so be careful!

Fentanyl(Duragesic/Actiq)- IME I have only used the lollipops. 600mcg(half of a 1200mcg pop). Please do your homework with Fentanyl, many people die from OD, due to how potent Fentanyl is! Have someone with you for you first few times, in case you misjudge your dose or over do it! I do not recommend trying it IV outside the hospital.

Please note, that when using small amounts of street narcotics 100mg=.1g on a digital scale and obviously 50mg would then be half of 0.1g and 25 mg would be a quarter of .1mg

Mixed Amphetamine(Adderall)- 30mg (Orally), 20mg (Snorting)

Methylphenidate(Riatalin)- 20mg (Orally), 10mg (Snorting)

Dextromethophan(DXM/Robotussin)- 250mg (Orally), When buying OTC products PLEASE only buy products that contain DXM HBr as the only active ingredient, do not purchase Coricidin or similiar products. IME the Robotussin gel caps are the safest bet.

LSD(Acid/'Cid/L)- 1 hit, and take it from there, 1 might not give you the full effects of an acid trip, anymore than 2 and you might not be ready for what could come!

Psilocybin Mushrooms(Shrooms/Boomers)- 1.75g-3.5g (Orally)

MDMA(Ecstasy/Rolls/Beans/Molly)- Test your pills! Make sure they contain MDMA, not PMA, Meth, DXM, or whatever else that could be potentially life-threatening! Once you have clean pills, I started with 1.5 pills (orally) and redosed accordingly, one pill at a time. IMO I would only snort ecstasy if you have MDMA powder/crystals aka "Molly", I would use 100mg (Snorting) or (Oral/Parachuting)

Alprazolam(Xanax/Bars) 1-2mg (Orally), Snorting or IVing benzos in pill form is just not worth it IMO because of how much filler/binder is in the pill.

Diazepam(Valium)- 10-20mg (Orally)

Clonazepam(Klonopin/K-pins)- 1-3mg (Orally)

Lorazepam(Ativan)- 2.5mg (Orally)

Carisoprodol
(Soma)- 700mg(Orally)

Quetiapine(Seroquel/Quel)- 50-200mg (Orally), although not a fun drug, it can be very helpful for comedowns and sleeping.

Trazadone(Desyrel)- 100mg (Orally), same general effects as Seroquel, good for come downs/sleep

*Ketamine(Special K, K, Ketaset)- 50mg (snorting), if increasing your dosage it is recommended to wait 15 minutes before redosing. Do not exceed 150mg without experience with dissociatives.

*Nitrous(Whippits, Balloons)- Start with 0.5-1 charger/full balloon (Inhaled). Be careful to make sure your are getting enough oxygen while using nitrous. Always release the nitrous into a balloon before using it. Never try to attempt to hit it directly from the tank or charger, as it is extremely dangerous, and will not increase your high!

*Cannabis(Marijuana, Weed, Pot)- Smoke a joint between 2-4 people or one normal sized bowl in a bong (about 0.1-0.2g).

*Mephedrone- 75-100mg (Snorting), or 150-225mg (Orally).

*Methylone- Do Not Snort 100mg (Orally/Parachuting) if no MDMA experience, 150mg with previous MDMA experience.

*GBL- 1-1.5mL (Orally)(Don't expect too much as enzymes need to be built up to convert to GHB. Take for 2-3 nights in a row and you should feel effects by the 3rd night. After 3rd night 1.5-2ml will be nice from this point on for most people.)

*Zolpidem(Ambien)- 10-20mg (Orally) 10mg (Snorting)

*Codeine(T-3's) 150mg (Orally)

*Ephedrine(Mini-Thins)- 30-45mg (Orally)

*Nutmeg- 2 big or 3 smaller nuts (Orally)

*Benzydamine(Difflam/Benflogin)- 500mg (Orally)

*LSA(Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds/Agrygeria Nervosa)- 10 seeds (Orally)

*MDPV- 5-7.5mg (Snorting)

*4-Fluoroamphetamine(4-FMP, Flux)- 75mg (Orally)

*Phenazepam- 0.5mg-2mg (Orally)

*Phenobarbital- 70-100mg (Orally)

*Methamphetamine(Meth, Crystal, Tina)- 20mg (Orally) 10-20mg (Snorting) 10-20mg (Smoked)

*Phencyclidine(PCP, Angel Dust, Boat, We)t- 5mg (dipper/smoked)

*2-CT-2 - 1-7mg (Orally)
*Midazolam* 7.5mg-15mg orally
*2C-C* 25mg orally
*Meperdine(Demerol)- 100mg -120mg (Orally)

*Benzylpiperazine/Trifloromethylphenylpiperazine(Pipes, BZP/TFMPP)- 100mg BZP/40mg TFMPP (Orally)

Psychoactives with a * next to them were submitted by other BLers, and did not come from my own experiences. Always do your own research before just taking what other people tell you to be true!

These are only my personal experiences that I could accurately recall the doses. Please be responsible, get information on what you are putting into your body, BEFORE you do so! When trying a new drug or route of administration it is recommended to have someone with you, in case of a hard experience or OD.

When mixing drugs, please be semi-responsible. Mixing benzos/alcohol/opiates is usually an easy way to OD, just as mixing Stimulants together, or speedballing Opiate+Cocaine are also especially dangerous for your heart. Mixing hallucinogens with other drugs can also lead to very difficult and unpleasant experiences. Do your research, ask someone on Bluelight, or even PM me before you just go and mix a bunch of drugs together! Too many people die this way!

If anyone else has good no/low tolerance dosage info for drugs that I have not listed, please feel free to post or PM me the drug and ROA, and I will add it. Thanks!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic post!

I would like to make one small suggestion from my own experience.

As far as oxycodone goes, I would recommend an even smaller dosage, particularly for an opiate virgin. I would even go as far to say that 5mg may be sufficient.

The first time I tried oxycodone I took a 20mg extended-release. I was so ill and terrified I didn't try it again for a long time. (Although I later ramped up to a absurd tolerance)

For reference, I'm a male, 6'2, 115lbs.

Take Care!

-Guilio

i just scanned through this, and i noticed 2 things: 1. 20mg of methadone would probably be too much for a beginner. i would suggest starting w/ 10mg. 2. 2mg of xanax would knock some people out and i would suggest 1mg for a beginner.

cocaine + opiates IV = dangers? Heat explodey(Pronounced Explode-E)? Some say yes some say no, whats the general consensu?

Hydromorphone(Dilaudid)- 8-12mg (Orally), 8mg (Snorting), 4mg (IV)

haha wudn't that kill somebody of they IVed 4mg of dilaudid without much tolerance..

Like I said these were from my own personal experiences, this is only what I did. These are drugs that I have done without tolerance, and these were the amounts I used. It does not mean it will be safe for everyone, but merely just a general idea of what an average guy my size was using at the beginning.

Also please read the other members posts, and suggestions. They might differ from my experiences and could give you a better idea of what ways and amounts different people use their drugs. Just because I was ok, does not mean that it is the perfect amount, nor safe for you. This is only what worked for me. Always do your homework before trying something new!

Please keep posting if anyone has different amounts, ROA's or drugs that I haven't included on here, so that people will have more information. Please be honest though, and remember this is from when you had little to no tolerance, nobody will be impressed if you say oh well I do 200mg of Oxy in one line. That's great, but we're not trying to kill people just starting out.

Hydromorphone(Dilaudid)- 8-12mg (Orally), 8mg (Snorting), 4mg (IV)

haha wudn't that kill somebody of they IVed 4mg of dilaudid without much tolerance..

didnt have a thing in my system and ivd a 8 mg good high wish i could get that feeling agian

^^ well thats what I was saying about working up to higher dosages. With psychedelics you start low and as you become more comfortable and familliar with them you increase the dose.

To everyone that says go look on erowid, or this site says this much is this, and so on...that is not what this thread is about. This is my actual, real life experience with these drugs, and their various ROA's. These were the proper doses for me to have an effective, yet safe high.

Lost/Confused- this is for anyone new to any drug, fentanyl and heroin are drugs that people will try, and I think that people are going to use them regardless of how dangerous and potent they are. I am giving them information they can hopefully use to prevent causing harm to themselves, you know instead of just munching on a whole 1600mcg Actiq pop or something like that.

Phatass- I only listed drugs I have had lots of experience with, and safely shown others around me how to use, the drugs you have listed I do not feel comfortable enough with to report on, however if you have firsthand personal experience with a different drug or ROA then please feel free to add on here and if I get a few confirmations then I will add it to the list. Oh and the Hoffmans were unusually potent, so that's probably why you had such a small amount. Of all the different acid I've tried, 1 hit usually only gives you the slightest psychedelic feeling, while more than 2 can be overwhelming for noobs. 2 hits IMO is a perfect first trip when using your average LSD.

To everyone on BL, please post or PM me and help me complete this Guide. I would like your experience of what and how much worked, and what didnt. No offense, butI don't care what you looked up or what you think, I would like what you DID! Thanks!

I would say 40 is a bit much for first time amphetamines. Also, 2 hits of acid? I don't know what kind of acid YOU get, but one should be plentyyy, and maybe even less.
Also, maybe i have genetic tolerance, but i did 20mg of hydrocodone my first time and got very little.

Last edited:
your really giving out conservative doses on here...i dont know anyone that gets high on 20 mgs. of hydro...also why do you have 45 mgs. for snorting morphine but 60 for oral? morphine has a really horrible bioavailability when you snort it so therefore 60 mgs. of morphine orally would be way stronger than 45 up the nose...i dont know where you get your info but its wrong

IMO tose doses are liberal not conservative. 20mg hydro is plenty for a begginer. and one hit of acid the first time IMO. also, snorting 8mg hydromoprohone is WAY to much for a begginer.

^Yeah this kinda struck me as odd
LSD(Acid/'Cid/L)- I would start with 2 hits, and take it from there, 1 most likely will be a waste and you won't really trip, anymore than 2 and you might not be ready for what could come!
1 hit of lsd is sometimes all I need. Even if you dont "trip" it's hardly a waste. We have a low dose lsd thread in pd there are many reasons to take small doses.

Most of your numbers are good, although as the others said, the LSD thing should be re-thought. 1 strong hit can be enough even for long time users if its quality enough.

As for half or quarter hits of blotter lsd... these days, that would usually be well under the threshold amount. I would always recommend 1 solid hit for a first timer.

your way off on morphine, you definately need to do more research on that one... i somehow think your guessing on alot of these

to psynirvana and everyone else, these were personal experiences of mine with none/little tolerance, not for your average drug user. If you have tolerance, then you obviously don't need a guide on dosage, as you should know what works for you. Everyone reacts differently to drugs, these were the doses it took for me to get a good, but safe high. I do not need to do any research or be more liberal or conservative. Please read the whole post before you say stuff like this. I am not encouraging people to just read this and take those dosages. They should be researching on their own, and merely use this as a reference or a tool. It is only what worked for one man.

And seeing how everyone has such a problem with my LSD dosage, I have done acid all over the country, from Utah, to NY, to DC, to Florida and two hits has always been a good solid, not overly intense trip for me. Maybe you guys have some stronger acid or maybe I have weak shit, who knows. Not to be mean but I dont care. This was only my real life experience meant to help guide others who ask these questions what seems like everyday. If you think that I am wrong, or have made it up then go ahead and help out by creating your own thread, so that noobs will have different sources to compare to, and make an educated decision for themselves.

Also I do need people to help me out with the drugs not listed, I dont do them enough to say accurately. Thanks to everyone here on BL!

to psynirvana and everyone else, these were personal experiences of mine with none/little tolerance, not for your average drug user. If you have tolerance, then you obviously don't need a guide on dosage, as you should know what works for you. Everyone reacts differently to drugs, these were the doses it took for me to get a good, but safe high. I do not need to do any research or be more liberal or conservative. Please read the whole post before you say stuff like this. I am not encouraging people to just read this and take those dosages. They should be researching on their own, and merely use this as a reference or a tool. It is only what worked for one man.

And seeing how everyone has such a problem with my LSD dosage, I have done acid all over the country, from Utah, to NY, to DC, to Florida and two hits has always been a good solid, not overly intense trip for me. Maybe you guys have some stronger acid or maybe I have weak shit, who knows. Not to be mean but I dont care. This was only my real life experience meant to help guide others who ask these questions what seems like everyday. If you think that I am wrong, or have made it up then go ahead and help out by creating your own thread, so that noobs will have different sources to compare to, and make an educated decision for themselves.

Also I do need people to help me out with the drugs not listed, I dont do them enough to say accurately. Thanks to everyone here on BL!
That's just it, guides like this should be as objective as possible. What's relevant for you may not be what's relevant for anyone else.