• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

4-MAR - First Time - One gram. Ten electric days.

Yoy mention Korn, how long ago was this report written?

I loved Korn as a kid, I remember being like 8 and wanting their album through one of those CD clubs (anyone remember those too?) but my mom wouldn’t let me lol. I got Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock, and Eminem’s Slim Shady LP instead ;)

-GC

Yeah, this was long after that song was initially released.

I wouldn't say I'm a Korn fan, but I'll always remember that snare drum smash at the beginning of Got The Life and the tidal wave of euphoria it sent crashing into me while riding my bike at mach 3 through my hometown.

Last edited:
Thanks for the report Kaden. Any idea on the isomer/s? From what I’ve read 4-MAR can vary quite a bit depending on synthesis route and subsequent isomers formed.

-GC
Sorry, I missed this question somehow. I can't say for sure which isomer, but my assumption is the one that was first banned for being too much fun 🙂

It is odd that this drug isn't more common. Maybe once the euphoria wears thin, it just becomes like any other stimulant.

Last edited:
I had a number of grams of 4-MAR many years ago.

It is very smooth, very long lasting stuff. Has a significantly more serotonergic feel to it than methamphetamine, very calm stimulation. I definitely liked it better than meth, but the duration was a pain in the ass. You can sort of get to sleep on it eventually in a way that is impossible with meth, but you wake up still high on it, eyes dilated. The pupil dilation with 4-MAR was definitely more pronounced than methamphetamine presumably due to the higher serotonergic activity.

Probably worse on the heart than methamphetamine due to its more intense serotonergic activity, probably a fairly potent 5HT2B agonist, and like others in the aminorex, probably a greater risk of pulmonary hypertension (relative to methamphetamine).

If you want a *glimpse* of what 4-MAR feels like, large doses of the somewhat related compound n-methylcyclazodone (100mg+), when combined with a benzo to offset the edginess, can produce a state somewhat reminiscent of 4-MAR, minus most of the euphoria. Would not recommend this given the strain it puts on the body.

I haven't tried the halogen 4-MAR RC's for comparison.

I had a number of grams of 4-MAR many years ago.

It is very smooth, very long lasting stuff. Has a significantly more serotonergic feel to it than methamphetamine, very calm stimulation. I definitely liked it better than meth, but the duration was a pain in the ass. You can sort of get to sleep on it eventually in a way that is impossible with meth, but you wake up still high on it, eyes dilated. The pupil dilation with 4-MAR was definitely more pronounced than methamphetamine presumably due to the higher serotonergic activity.

Probably worse on the heart than methamphetamine due to its more intense serotonergic activity, probably a fairly potent 5HT2B agonist, and like others in the aminorex, probably a greater risk of pulmonary hypertension (relative to methamphetamine).

If you want a *glimpse* of what 4-MAR feels like, large doses of the somewhat related compound n-methylcyclazodone (100mg+), when combined with a benzo to offset the edginess, can produce a state somewhat reminiscent of 4-MAR, minus most of the euphoria. Would not recommend this given the strain it puts on the body.

I haven't tried the halogen 4-MAR RC's for comparison.
At the time, the information I had stated it was considerably less neurotoxic than meth, actually considered neuroprotective in some way. I believed the less neurotoxic part, was sceptical about the neuroprotective part.

I'd heard that the cis-isomer of 4-MAR was the only drug in the aminorex series that didn't have some issue (aminorex, 4,4-dimethylaminorex and a few others had all been cut short, either in sales or development due to serious health concerns) and that the trans-isomer was no more recreational than PPA, but I think opinions on that have since changed.

At the time, the information I had stated it was considerably less neurotoxic than meth, actually considered neuroprotective in some way. I believed the less neurotoxic part, was sceptical about the neuroprotective part.

I'd heard that the cis-isomer of 4-MAR was the only drug in the aminorex series that didn't have some issue (aminorex, 4,4-dimethylaminorex and a few others had all been cut short, either in sales or development due to serious health concerns) and that the trans-isomer was no more recreational than PPA, but I think opinions on that have since changed.

Interesting regarding the isomers.. Depending on synthesis route you either get the trans isomer or a mixture of isomers. The scant reports on the trans make it sound less desirable like you said, many saying meth is much better than trans-4-MAR.

-GC

Well I have been using pure 4 MAR no question and must say best finest stimulant ever made on face of Earth. Unfortunately even thought so perfect and good I'm Highly addicted to the new one brought out because it's smokable and WOW it has to be strongest thing I have ever touched. Everytime share it with some GFs well they GEEK out because it really hits so fast and hard. Yeah Pentylone and MDPV are some serious stims. But 4 MAR was really just excellent. If I equate High performance chems the cars 4 MAR would be the Bughatti Veyron of stims doing 260 MPH on the monster track in Germany or better yet ""The Pagani Zonda R"" . Perhaps even the Pagani but standard 99% pure cocaine ie Ready rock is like some 1980s Z-28 ...LOL fast but so out of date and Cheap. Actually one day I bet there will be what so long ago was in Movie Robo Cop -some super duper chem injectable called Bliss not Nuke :
its always sunny in philadelphia drugs GIF

I have tried the brand new 4F-4'-MAR coming from Nederland!!!

I have a 4F-4'-MAR gram and a MD-PVP, and a MDPEP, new MDPV replacement and I have tried them, I can answer questions from members who would be interested in the first trip report ever possibly made, but, in France ?? this is 6h57am and am so tired, but I'll be back later when I will be ready and really aware of how it works, cause I've three chemical compound, 4F-4'-MAR, MDPEP, which is a MDPV analog, and moreover, I have also some MD-PVP another analog, if this word can be written like that...???

II'm now going to lay down my couch ?, but, I will try to make a subject, when I'll have experience enough, since I'd just tried a shot of each!!!
So, see you later... I'm tired by now!!!

Have a good day américains members....
Have you ever smoked Butylone or Pentylone? They are really only two that are able to do this. They said 4 MAR is no doubt that after trying few time had zero effect and guess that is another misconception. But absolutely MDPV and Pentylone are for sure and worst taste and smell ever experienced. But wow talk about rush....take standard Ready which actually smell very good to me. Smells clean and nice but RCs after being torched with Torch lighter to go vaporized OMG like sucking down Diesel Fuel out of garden hose. Girls I party with start chocking and cannot blame them. But it works like utter magic and keep doing it that is all you can smell for terrible reason for days. But 4F -4 MAR guess should be good ?

I came across it in The Netherlands circa 2001. It came in foil as 25mg units. Vape one for mild effects, 2 for pretty strong effects. A gram would be a massive overdose BUT who knows how much it's cut?

An excellent material but the duration was too long for me. m/4-DMAR is almost identical in effect but lasts only 10-12 hours.

He wasn't saying he took a gram of it at once, but rather, a gram over the course of 10 days.

I have always wanted to try this ever since I read about it on Erowid back in like 2001. But I have never once even met anyone in real life who has seen any... and only a few people online who have tried it.

I have been curious about the halogenated analogues, which are readily available, but only in 5 grams or larger quantities. And no mix and match. I don't need anywhere near that much in my possession, especially if I ended up liking it. So, I haven't taken the plunge.

Well I have been using pure 4 MAR no question and must say best finest stimulant ever made on face of Earth.
Please send some (even 20mg in a capsule) into drugsdata.org. It would be interesting to see what impurities are present and I don't believe they have even one sample on their database.
m/4-DMAR is almost identical in effect but lasts only 10-12 hours.
What is m/4-DMAR? Was this available as a research chemicals at some point?
He wasn't saying he took a gram of it at once, but rather, a gram over the course of 10 days.
I wasn't weighing individual doses, which is partly why I told the story over 10 days of repeat dosing, something I'd never done with any type of amphetamine by the way - this stuff is really moreish. Oddly, I got it cheaper than meth (always got MDA cheaper than MDMA too). The guys who procured it, said they preferred meth. People aren't big on novelty around here.
Interesting regarding the isomers.. Depending on synthesis route you either get the trans isomer or a mixture of isomers. The scant reports on the trans make it sound less desirable like you said, many saying meth is much better than trans-4-MAR.

-GC
I was doing some reading on the isomers this week; I didn't know how many potential products there were. I only really knew of the cis, made from phenylpropanolamine, having only heard trans-4-MAR was not good.

The stuff I had was from PPA anyway (I got a blister pack of it, nothing special).