• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Most Gentle Psychedelics Thread

I'd say 2C-B, 2C-C, 2C-D, or maybe 5-MeO-DALT. But I've seen 2C-B and 2C-D cause some to freak. So I don't think I can give a valid answer. Mescaline may be a great choice, but I have no personal experience.

^^ 2c-c seems like it would be an excelent choice. It is one of the most fun (in a recreational sense) chems I have tried. 2c-t-21 and 2c-tfm were also very benign.

morninggloryseed said:
I'd say 2C-B, 2C-C, 2C-D, or maybe 5-MeO-DALT. But I've seen 2C-B and 2C-D cause some to freak. So I don't think I can give a valid answer. Mescaline may be a great choice, but I have no personal experience.

Speaking of 5-meo-DALT look at the external link on the wikipidia site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-MeO-DALT

2ci is gentle, so is nitrous.... to some of course, one mate has been uncomfortable on both, but fine onlarge dose k, of which somefind a low dose gentle.

LSA I've found was pretty gentle of a trip. It's much more sedated and dreamy than, say, acid, which can have kind of a "harsh reality" feel to it sometimes, for me.

On the other hand, physically it was one of the worst. Only psychedelic to make me throw up. (I took it as 200-300 morning glory seeds..) Mushrooms give me nausea sometimes, but I've never actually booted on them.

A low dose of mushrooms is a wonderfully gentle trip.

infact I feel a low dose of any psychedelic is relatively low in terms of any sort of "stress" or "harm" or recovery time.

I've had a very uncomfotable time with 2C-C brfore (but that was with rectal admin), but if I had to pick one it'd have to be 2C-D. Even with largish rectally administerd doses (40mg) don't seem to push me (or anybody I seen snort it either) to the point of a freakout; yes it can gert to the point where you feel it would be best to sit down as it's all going a bit too fast, but I've never had the rising frenzy of anxiety wash over me and swamp me in panic (I've had that feeling from 2C-I and it's not at all pleasant (alternating hot & cold flushes every couple of seconds), but that weas from accidentally misidentifying a sterile vial containg what I though was ketamine, but turned out to be an IM injection of 1-1,2ml of sterile, 25mg/ml 2C-I solution.

Yep, I'd go for 2C-D, but it depends which you prefer, phenethylamines or tryptamines.

Mescaline for me. Tryptamines are beautiful but seem a lot more "feisty" and liable to get very psychedelic on you very quickly. Mescaline is a lot calmer. You do feel fairly energetic tho - it's better for walking rather than sitting. But if I was going to introduce someone who was nervous about psychedelics to the psychedelic experience I'd pick mescaline. If they wanted something more psychedelic I'd go for mushrooms.

egor said:
^^ 2c-c seems like it would be an excelent choice. It is one of the most fun (in a recreational sense) chems I have tried.

Agreed. :) I found 2C-c to be good fun and extremely gentle at 50mg. No body load or hangover and the duration wasn't too long.

Mescaline for me.

Do you not think that the gastric distress/nausea that is fairly common with mescaline (well moreso with the alkaloidal mix extracted from cacti, total alkaloidal mixture from peyote being the worst) might not be a problem for someone who's never had a psychedelic before? I agree that the state of mind produced by mescaline is about as friendly as you'll get for a full blown psychedelic as it's possible to disengage from the state if needed for a short while, but the nausea on top of that might panic some people , thinking they're reacting to the mescaline like it's a poison.

My other half got nauseous & puked first time with mescaline, but even though she was expecting it, it still made for an hour of being somewhat uncomfortable

The nice thing about the nausea on the mescaline comeup is that it goes away and then you feel great.

Of the things I've tried, the ones that would be best and most gentle for beginners would be mescaline, 2c-b, psilocybe mushrooms (low-moderate dose), and 4-aco-dmt. Also, mdma/mda deserve an honorable mention, as though they aren't really true psychedelics, they're definitely good for beginners.

i think a 100mcg dose of some good, clean lsd would also be a good and gentle way of entering the psychedelic world.

fastandbulbous said:
Do you not think that the gastric distress/nausea that is fairly common with mescaline (well moreso with the alkaloidal mix extracted from cacti, total alkaloidal mixture from peyote being the worst) might not be a problem for someone who's never had a psychedelic before? I agree that the state of mind produced by mescaline is about as friendly as you'll get for a full blown psychedelic as it's possible to disengage from the state if needed for a short while, but the nausea on top of that might panic some people , thinking they're reacting to the mescaline like it's a poison.

My other half got nauseous & puked first time with mescaline, but even though she was expecting it, it still made for an hour of being somewhat uncomfortable

Hmm..I'd forgotten about that. While I projectile vomit if I ever go near cactus, I can take mescaline extracted from cactus with zero nausea. Some people do find even the pure mescaline nauseating tho.

5meo DALT left me thinking is this an actual drug ? Oh I took double the average dose (cannot recall exactly how much, but it was DULL )

you might have trouble finding some of the suggestions here. but the key imo would be to start with something that is easy to measure and comes from a trusted source. and just start low and build your way up. if properly measured there are very few psychs to 'fear' at a low dose. if you've smoked weed, you are more than ready for low dose psychs.

morninggloryseed said:

2CB has quite a body load.

I reckon low dose mushrooms

Ismene said:
Mescaline for me. Tryptamines are beautiful but seem a lot more "feisty" and liable to get very psychedelic on you very quickly. Mescaline is a lot calmer. You do feel fairly energetic tho - it's better for walking rather than sitting. But if I was going to introduce someone who was nervous about psychedelics to the psychedelic experience I'd pick mescaline. If they wanted something more psychedelic I'd go for mushrooms.
I agree... despite the potential for gastric distress, I think it's still the best choice by far - particularly if one doesn't have access to a wide variety of chems. The gastric distress goes away after an hour or so (and can be avoided if using pure mescaline by taking the crystals over the course of 45 minutes), the "come-up" isn't too harsh, the experience can be subtle, relaxing, yet stimulating in one package. It'll provide noticeable colour appreciation and mellow visual disturbances without being overpowering or 'overly psychedelic' (yuck, apologies for the terminology). I've never found it to be particularly speedy like the OP reports, but I do agree, it does give a certain spring to your step! :D

It's also got a nice active duration. Just right. Mescaline FTW!

IMO, even low dose mushrooms can provide slight anxiety for the uninitiated (not to mention the 'weirdness' that some people experience with shrooms).

thirty-three: Mescaline first, then perhaps graduate onto low dose mushrooms. Good luck to either you or whoever you're asking on behalf of.

2C-D or mescaline.

I've personally experienced or seen/hard of other people experience the sinister edge of other drugs mentioned as 'gentle' here, among them 2C-I, 2C-C and 2C-B. 2C-TFM is fun though if you can get from a clean batch (what used to go round was adulterated), but it may be very stimulating and thus cause body load and restlessness. It is also pretty long-lasting.

I find the phenethylamines have a steep dose/response curve for some people. If I were giving someone a start at these drugs, I would go for a low,low dose of mushrooms.

hearcolours said:
i think a 100mcg dose of some good, clean lsd would also be a good and gentle way of entering the psychedelic world.

I agree, good/clean/REAL LSD is VERY gental. Id also suggest a few back to back rips of highly heady marijuana as it can easily produce a non-perseptionary psychedelic head space.(can give you that mind fuck)