• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2005 Mlb!

i won 40 bucks last night thanks to the astros for winning. nothing compared to your 1100, fozz, but it paid for my bar tab :)

yeah I cleaned up playing the astros in game 6. when i put my bet in, it was STL 145 over 100 to the Astros. apparently they didn't see game 2 when that was the exact same line and pitchers in Busch

I was so sure that brad lidge had game 5 in the bag. i even made a bet that he would strike out 3 in a row, and he got within a strike. the man had incredible control that night. well we know the rest. I was in a serious state of shock - a fuckin hanging slider! worst hitter and situation for it to have happened. I took 4 sake bombs in a row after that and then got pulled over by a cop. luckily I got out of it

Im glad that Roy O dominated pujols in the next game and didn't let one mistake in game 5 kill their momentum

I still think the Astros have the advantage in pitching. complete games are impressive, but who needs them when you have releivers to do it the right way. I dont see the white sox pitching complete games in a 7 game series, and the astros were hitting well (minus ensberg) pluys we've got jeff bagwell hitting in our DH spot now

And even though Im reluctant to show my enthuiasm oo soon about getting past the cards and winning the world series, but i certainly think that the Cards were the toughest team to get by in the playoffs

oh yeah and going 3-0 versus the red sox, and 4-1 against the angels doesn't really surprise me considering both teams' starting pitching. I really hope they go into game 1 thinking that the astros will be a breeze too.

If we take one in chicago, and steal home field advantage, I hope the white sox realize they are gonna have to scratch and claw their way back to chicago

^^^words only sore losers revert to. :D You can sit with the angry Angels fans.

bowdenta said:
oh yeah and going 3-0 versus the red sox, and 4-1 against the angels doesn't really surprise me considering both teams' starting pitching. I really hope they go into game 1 thinking that the astros will be a breeze too.

If we take one in chicago, and steal home field advantage, I hope the white sox realize they are gonna have to scratch and claw their way back to chicago

How did you plan on stealing home field advantage in the WS considering it was determined back in July? :)

if you win a game away, and get a split, you have 3 games in your city and 2 in theirs. thus stealing home field advantage

the series isn't over. we should make it back to chicago, and Ill be happy enough just making it to game 7 knowing what could have been.

BDD_iPodsednik2.jpg

I do believe the 568 AB's was referring to regular season performance.

Fuck Yes!! We deserved this series!!! 1 loss in the post-season!

I've been waiting for this for awhile!! The champagne is flowing in my house!

The Astro's definatly put up a fight, along with the Angels and the Bo-Sox. Some of the best playoff baseball ever IMO.

Go Sox!!!

as a life long white sox fan ive waited 34 years for this moment... nicant describe how it feels

That was truly a dominating run in the playoffs. The ChiSox really showed what team baseball is about and what strengths are important in winning it all. It's amazing to see how one long drought is followed by an even longer one. Is it finally the Cubbies' turn now? :D

Of course I'm just happy to know the A's dominated those same White Sox in the regular season. 7-2 baby! heheh.

And that's my consolation prize for the year. ;)

Well I already cannot wait until Spring Training. I thought the playoffs were fairly boring, but mostly because the White Sox pretty much rolled over everyone. Def the best team this year...no doubt about it.

Congrats on your $1100 fozzy.

yeah talk about a good time to get extra hot. no one will ever realize how close this series was. except for game 1 which was a 1 run game till the 8th, all the other games went into the 9th inning with the game tied, with teams jumping out to early leads and getting caught and tied again. fuck I wish we had atleast one of those 1 run games go our way, preferably in Texas

First of all Ozzie is a diamond in the ruff, a man who makes decisions based on his gut, a man who puts Blum in when he has no statistical evidence to justify his choice. Ozzie is what put our team on the map, the man who let Konerko (my personal vote for president) bust out his runs and Willie Harris come in when he needed to pull through.

I've been going to Sox games for most of my life which has only intensified my respect for the club and their commitment to teamwork and just plain hard work. Pierzynski had so much drive to make every play as if it was the last play; he wanted to win and did everything to make it happen.

I'm so proud of every player, especially babyface Jenks, for proving everyone wrong (they are NOT a small ball league) and playing with their hearts.

Putting Blum in was just a bad choice that worked out.

As far as Pierzynski, he goes down as bar none, the most annoying man in baseball.

The White Sox pitching deserves all the kudos here. Contreras, Garland, Buehrle, Garcia, Jenks.. and even El Duque. This pitching staff was fucking amazing all throughout the playoffs.

Ozzie is just a man with no class who walked into a good situation.

Oh, and we'll see Konerko trotting out opening day to 1st base at America's most beloved ballpark - Fenway Park. =D

^^^i also have a thing against pierzynski. besides being involved in most of the controversial plays, he always delays the flow of the game, stepping out of the box just before the delivery