• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DXM Subthread] Preparations / Formulæ

Robitussin DX
Which doesn't seem to be listed at Erowid, but it only contains DXM 30mg per 10ml. 100ml and 200ml available in Australia.

Robitussin DX is the same as Robitussin Max Strength Cough both "only" contain 30mg DXM per 10ml

Anyone know about UK brands? Most of dex containing brands are only 150ml or smaller and I havn't seen any which contain more than 10mg/10ml except one which contained 15mg/10ml of both pusdeoephadrine and dextromorphan. Basicaly I havn't seen a UK brand with more than 200mg per bottle, can anyone help?

Check your local Drug Schedule/Class Lists to see if it is actually legal to sell DXM-only containing cough syrups where you live. I know it isn't in some states of Australia, or at one time it wasn't legal anyway.

Johny Boy: As far as i know, u can only get those tiny little bottles of it and the only place i managed to find that was at the chemist in sainsburies, where they asked LOTS of questions. If you have any look finding any, an e-mail would be much appreciated :)

You want to just get "Robitussin Maxiumum Strength Cough" only. There should be no DM CF or any other sort of initial after the name, this means it will contain other ingrediants that can cause stomach cramps and extreme vomiting, especially at higher doses.
MAKE SURE THE ONLY ACTIVE INGREDIENT IS DXM, nothing else. there will be a bunch of inactive ingredients, but they're ok.
Also, it's better to buy the store version (CVs version, Stop and shop version) of Tussin, (the same thing as robotussin) because the store versions are usually thinner with the same amount of DXM - easier to drink.

Sucret 8 hour cough drops. But i disapprove dxm because i hate its affects.

Vicks 44 Cough contains DXM only, as well as Robotussin Maximum strength, as has already been mentioned. The best way to check is to go into the nearest store, find the cough syrup aisle and just browse. I probably spent a half hour the first time I went, checking out the various bottles and amounts of DXM contained. I had the calculator on my phone out and everything figuring out the exact number of milligrams in every bottle. And as disciple said, stock up for the upcoming meetup. :) :) :)

the server is going to be irc.bluelight.ru, port 6667. the channel will most likely be called either "tussincrew" or "robotrip" (in honour of the original meetup) just type "/list" and remember for up-to-the-minute reports you can always check out SOB
VVVVVV

Is Pure DXM high "dirty" or Robotussin DXM what makes it "dirty"

I have a question:
Is there a difference in the DXM experience when you injest a bottle of Robo[tussin] and when you take pure DXM powder? I am very curious. Is the robo-tripping lesser than taking pure DXM? Thanks.

in my opinion, the DXM trip is not 'dirty' but its the nature of the trip i.e confusion, general feeling of dying, tripping etc.
although, i have had DXM once where i actually felt pretty good after the nausia..
:)
pharmacutical clean :)

Many over the counter medicines contain ingredients like Guaifenesin or Pseudoephedrine that will more than likely change the nature of the experience. Whether you notice it or not is a different story. Even if you ingest dxm only medicines, the amount of syrup needed is considerable and may have some effect on the trip. So i'd say your best bet is to stick with the pure powder, for the cleanest trip.

i wouldnt say either robo or pure powder are dirty. pure dxm is better though.

I've heard a lot of claims that using the powder feels "purer". If you use a product that has any actives besides dextromethorphan in it, like acetaminophen, or pseudoephedrine, the experience will of course be more dangerous, and altered in nature.
Beyond that, some of the preservatives and the sugar in the syrup could account for the trip having a different nature.
I've only used syrup, never the pure powder, so I can't tell you from experience.

The syrup actually absorbs better in your stomach than the pure HBr salt does, I have found for the cleanest experience so to speak, a couple bottles of Robo Max Strength Cough on a stomach with a small amount of food works the best. This is far more consistent than taking a gelcap of HBr salt, which often varies in how long it takes to come up, the duration of the come up, duration of nausea, etc... The stuff really doesn't get passed through and metabolized without a fight in pure form, though pure HBr still works quite nicely especially when you consider the lack of multiple ounces of hideous red slime...

When you get it right, a good second or third plateau dissociation session is easily the cleanest, clearest trip I have ever experienced... eyes closed, body gone, floating out in the middle of space with a liquid blanket of warmth tangibly pressing against every inch of you, thousands of miles in every direction, and mindfuck is absolutely no where in sight... it's sad so few get to experience this, it makes LSD look like some kind of simplistic child's toy from the past, and that is pretty fucking impressive.

just my personal experiences...
ive taken pure DXM in capsule form and ingested as much as 440 mg on several diff't occasions. i've tripped harder/longer taking robutussin max strength where the only active ingredient is DXM taking only as much as 390 mg at my highest dose (crazy experience... 'surfed' in a grassy field on a windy nite..) I feel ive wasted time with pure powder and from now on will only take robutussin.