• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Antibiotics

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Young Geezer

Bluelighter
So, I got what I always try to avoid, a sinus and throat inffection (too much snorting and smoking throughout the weekend didn't help avoiding it). Anyway since tuesday I've been talking Amoxiciline 500mg every 12 hours, on the booklet it doesn't specify any interactions with other pharmaceuticals or snc depressants, and I already got drunk and did 6mg clonazepam on it (not good for my liver I guess) and been smoking hash with baccy non-stop (dumb for my throat I know, but it's a threat here that comes like one or twice a year and I couldn't pass it), I know my recovery will be slowed down by those actions, but whatever, if you have something helpful to tell me about amoxiciline with those drugs or others I'd appreciate it.

Now my puntual question, tomorrow (friday, august 1) I'll be meeting someone in a situation where some oxy would really enhace it, the downside is I can't snort oxy in front of her and the time of ingestion would have to be simultaneous with the amoxiciline, I wanted to know if there are any risks or things to avoid with this combo, I was planning on insuflatting 20-30mg oxy (unless due to my sinus infection someone says oral is the only possibilitie) some 20mins before I have to take my amoxiciline,and then I'll have to leave. so, is it safe? what are some possible consequences of this mix?, if oxy is not safe to mix I also have 250mg tramadol, but I'd rather do the oxy, although if anyone advises me against it, I'd just take some clonazepam, oh and finally is it ok to mix gbl with amoxiciline? (of course not with oxy, just for the night).

Excuse the length/rambleness of this post, but that's how it came out, replies before tomorrow will be greatly appreciated.

Oxy should be fine to combine, but I would REALLY avoid smoking anyting. That is just a BAD idea -- let your body recover!

Also, do NOT drink -- it is stressfull on your body when you are sick.

I would imagine that the benzos are ok.

But avoid alcohol and smoking, please, if you want to get better in a timely manner.

thanks for the quick reply Negro Kitty, and sorry for the double post, I'll stay away from booze, and I'll try to control my hash chain-smoking desire as long as I can, as far as the gbl goes any idea?

There is no listed known interaction between oxycontin and amoxicillin.
Interactions with GBL aren't really known, because it is not legal to take and therefore not studied. You would probably be OK combining these two, but no one knows for sure.
There is no known interaction between tramadol and amoxicillin, but you should be careful combining tramadol with other CNS depressants.

Having had a number of sinus infections, I can't imagine anything worse than trying to insufflate anything other than decongestant spray at that time. Given that most people get a runny nose after insuflating various drugs, this would block your sinuses up more, so for the sake of comfort I would avoid it.

New Years dilemma: amoxicillin + mdma

Hey y'all. I know there's a FAQ on the Guide to Antibiotics and MDMA, but I wasn't sure if it would show up with a new post considering it's one of those sticky-ed threads. I just need a bit of empathetic advice for my specific situation.

Last Wednesday, I started taking Amoxicillin 500mg for a middle-ear infection and swollen lymphs in my throat. I'm to take these capsules every 8 hours for 10 days, which makes today my seventh day.

I'd normally easily pass a party to heal myself so it could be in tip-top shape to be abused again into another sickness, but tonight is New Year's Eve. New Year's freakin' Eve. If I pass on tonight's shindig, I'll be left to attend a family party to watch Carson Daly and his humongous head on TV, all while very sober and surrounded by cousins that haven't broken the age of 12.

So, the question is: if you were in my situation, would you go to the rave tonight and roll or just go with the family thing?

I know you're wondering why don't I just go to the rave sober and try to have a good time. Well, I'd rather be at the family party than do that. I hate being in a different head state than those around me. Even when my friends are merely high, it's tough to enjoy myself.

I'm feeling better than I have been last week for sure, though I must admit that I also feel that I am not fully healed. I've taken one Amoxicillin this morning at 9 along with a Centrum, vits E and C and plenty of green tea. What to do! Thanks for the help!

so you want to do drugs or sit with your family. You're sick so you can't do drugs.

do you have a third option?

if not, it looks like you'll be making your 12 year old cousins laugh at corny jokes tonight :D

Well, it looks like whatever recklessness is left of my youth took control of the situation. I ended up going to the New Year's bash and actually popped five beans and had a good time.

As stated earlier, I've been on Amoxicillin for six days, and I took one capsule the morning before the bash, at 10 AM, along with a Centrum, magnesium, vits E and C. I drank plenty of green tea, water and orange juice hoping that I could overload on antioxidants as well as miraculously drain my body of the bacteria causing my infection. I ate breakfast and lunch, consuming nothing after lunch except for another Vit C tablet and some juice.

I popped my first pill (Green Astronaut) at 7:30 PM. Waiting for any hint of a roll, I couldn't help but be pessimistic and weary of my situation. After reading the Antibiotics FAQ with lopsided count of Amoxicillin and MDMA failures over successes, I was expecting the worst. I was feeling cold and my hands were a bit clammy, but this is characteristic of any time I'm a bit sick or anxious, so I dismissed it.

I began to feel the roll at 8:00 PM. I've never taken a Green Astronaut before so I can't tell or say if the roll was compromised by the Amoxicillin, though I must say that the roll was good. Music flowed through me. I was nodding more than a bobble head on the dashboard of a Wrangler. Who would've thought sitting down could make me feel so high?

At this point, my worries were out the window. Whether that be because of consciousness-altering or simply my own carpe diem moment, I was happy and ready for a great night. I popped another Astronaut, yet didn't feel anything different at 30 minutes, so I took a Green Cupid and then began my strongest roll of the night. After an hour or so, I took a fourth one, another Cupid, rolled hard until 2:30 AM when I popped my last, a Blue Glock.

So I suppose this can go into the column of Amoxicillin + MDMA successes. Due to some good music and responsibly hydrating, I rolled hard and felt great. Contrary to other user's reports, I did not feel any shivers in a cold sweat nor did I vomit nor hallucinate. The roll was comparable to my other rolls when I'm healthy and off antibiotics.

The only difference I must point out between this roll and my other conventional rolls is that I took five beans. Normally, I take three pills and feel great the whole night. I'm not sure if some of the beans I had yesterday were bunk, or if the Amoxicillin somehow weakened the effect of the beans. My friend had taken some of the Astronauts as well and thinks they're bunk, yet like I said earlier, the Astronaut was my first pill and a great starting roll. I've been rolling for the past year and a half in 3-4 month intervals, so I'm sure my tolerance for MDMA isn't higher than normal.

Please take my account with a grain of salt as this was my personal experience, and it maybe won't apply to you. I was responsible in doing some research on any adverse reactions between antibiotics and mdma, but I was irresponsible and very stupid to stubbornly go on with my night. Fortunately, I got lucky and had a great night, with the worse result being a very sore throat from smoking a half-pack of cigarettes and overenthusiastic hooting, as well as a prolonged healing time for my infection. You have to take the bad with the good and ultimately I don't regret a thing.

Antibiotics and ecstacy?

i recently stepped on a rusty nail and had to get my tetanus shot and start taking this antibiotics called clindamycin.
i have a few green aliens but im worried that i shouldnt take them with the anti biotic.

any information about this?

check the top of this forum, it is a stickied thread.

I stepped on a rusty nail in july and got a shot, this me made me cringe again for a minute.

Ouch:!

:p

I took amox at 11am today, I read online its dangerous to mix this with E. However, I just read that 95% of Amoxicillin is out of your system in 12 hours. So If I wait till 11pm tonight, would it be safe to take the E?

Antibiotics and Birth Control?

I've just stopped taking antibiotics (metronidazole) which interfere with the cerazette progesterone pill and was wondering how long it will take until I can be sure that the contraception is working again. How protected am I and how long do antibiotics tend to stay in the system and fuck with the pill (and, I suppose, is it different for different types)? When will I be able to trust that the contraception is working?

I hope it's soon.... it's been 3 weeks and I'm starting to forget what sex was like... :!

Half-life is about 8 hours.. so in a couple of days it should be out of your system..

I'd assume that's when the contraceptive pill will become affective again.. although don't hold me to that..

I've been finding the same on every site I've been on. :)

Just after 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th.... opinions so I can be really sure.

But I like the sound of this.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100004961.html

Provides a list of medicines to take extra precaution with this pill. Your metronidazole is not on there.

Drugs that are in contraception pills are on much lower level when something interferes with their action or contraception is stopped. After starting it again levels of drugs in pills must attain some level to be 100% effective (well, this method isn't 100% effective but it's close enough when used as prescribed).

I'm no gynecologist. I don't even know if metronidazole interferes with your contraception pills (I don't know what they contain but I didn't find anything on it with progesterone based pills). But if I was a woman, I'd wait until first ovulation (taking pills).

My significant other and I have used other forms of protection in the event of an antibiotic cycle. Rule of thumb on some is 30 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.