• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Antibiotics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this thread quite belongs here, but will generate more responses over in Healthy Living. I changed the title to make it clearer as to what the question is about also.

BDD --> HL

If it's not the right place, mods, do as you see fit :)

I've asked my gynecologist this question before and they tell me to wait until I've had a period and then started my new pack to consider it effective.

Why can't you have sex? Just use condoms and make him pull out until you start your new pack.

I remember when I was on antibiotics last summer :( - it was sad!!! I waited two weeks. Now we always use a condom and the pill. My doctor told me that the birth control will be back in effect after a week. I played it safe waiting two weeks. Might be different for different antibiotics.

Either way - after a month of being off the antibiotic, it will be back to normal.

Thanks for your help! Now I'm having even more trouble... I've been on my period for 3 weeks now... 3 WEEKS!

It's fairly normal to experience spotting or light periods when taking BC. Do you take yours continually or do you take a week off? When I first started the nuva ring I had spotting for about a month. It was pretty annoying but went away eventually. If you're concerned you should talk to your doctor as was already mentioned.
I just started taking bactrim for a bladder infection and my doctor told me that I should be fine having sex the day after I discontinue. I'll probably wait longer to be safe. If you're unsure you can always use a condom or a diaphragm or another method of BC to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.