• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Does MDMA make you trip?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
Will be getting MDMA in two weeks. The guy said that it will be worse than weed in terms of the visual distortions but very enjoyable. The thing is though, I thought it was the same as ecstasy and from what I've read online, it just causes serotonin overload with little hallucinations.

Also, how much should I take as a newbie?

I recommend 100mg unless you're huge or hardheaded to other amphetamines. I've taken it 10x & I've never experienced any visual or other hallucinations - though I rarely hallucinate on anything. MDMA is generally not considered psychedelic - weed is much more so for most. I've also taken MDA, MDMA's supposedly psychedelic cousin, 3x & I didn't find it psychedelic at all either. But others certainly do. It sounds like your friend is talking about MDA, imo.

Last edited:
It is possible to hallucinate on "old school", proper MDMA, but only at doses that I would not recommend taking and if you are naive to other stronger hallucinogens.
I'm talking about dropping 400-600mg at once with no tolerance, I have experienced it with many other people, and we were into something closer to Meth induced psychosis after 4 days up than a hard trip on high doses of tryptamines, ergolines, psychedelic phenetylamines and amphetamines and bomamines. Well except that the hallucinations were born of extremely euphoric and ecstatic mindset, so they were mostly positive or at least received in a positive way.
Hallucinations persisted for about 6 hours straight.
Ingesting that much MDMA is risky and not without consequences per se, with potential to endanger one's life due to a complete destruction of one's common sense, and the high potential for being arrested on sight in case of contact with law enforcement.
I have tripped many times and it can be a powerful tool, but taking MDMA in high doses it is not the way to do it.
100mg is plenty MDMA for a 1st time and I would recommend to never take more than 150-200mg at once depending on body weight with a maximum of one redose consisting of no more than half the 1st dose.

Ecstasy is a generic term that does not identify any specific drug but just a group formed by all MDxx amphetamines (thus MDMA as well), 2c-B, and maybe a few cathinones like 4MMC, and BK-MDMA.

Yeah drop 100-120mg and youll be solid for a first time. Rolled on 140mg last night for my, maybe, dozenth roll and I swear that shit hits me harder every time.

I?m not sure id say MDMA is psychedelic so much although most compounds have the possibility to be to some extent. If youre rolling hard though you?ll definitdly get some blurry vision though

Yeah MDMA can be trippy usually the visuals will be closed eye but if you take a higher dose you can have some visual distortions usually you will notice colors looking different.

Yeah MDMA can be trippy usually the visuals will be closed eye but if you take a higher dose you can have some visual distortions usually you will notice colors looking different.

Is it an "in control" drug at moderate doses? This guy says I won't be able to function normally on it.

I'm torn between buying €5 for a MDMA pill or generic codeine for x16 pills each having (12.8mg)

Every drug is an in-control-drug except for benzos and alcohol imo. Molly is still a clear high and you can control everything just fine. Although now Id be worried you arent getting molly from him if he said that lol

It depends what you mean by function normally.
If you avoid alcohol and other drugs, including weed, and dose responsibly as suggested, you will be in control meaning you will retain your moral compass.
There will be a loosening of inhibitions but that means you will feel free to behave as you would have liked but felt ashamed to, not that you will do stuff you disapprove of.

I would add that some people will become "too" good sometimes, like unreasonably generous with your money or possessions.
Or so distracted that you may loose something and not realize for a while.

It depends what you mean by function normally.
If you avoid alcohol and other drugs, including weed, and dose responsibly as suggested, you will be in control meaning you will retain your moral compass.
There will be a loosening of inhibitions but that means you will feel free to behave as you would have liked but felt ashamed to, not that you will do stuff you disapprove of.

I would add that some people will become "too" good sometimes, like unreasonably generous with your money or possessions.
Or so distracted that you may loose something and not realize for a while.

Is the high like an opiate high or not?

Not at all like an opiate high IMO, except maybe the euphoric aspect. Yes, you should be in control on moderate doses of MDMA. MDA though, not so much - I found it quite overwhelming.

Makes you love everyone and everything, and feel extremely happy (possibly the happiest you've ever felt in your entire life) and it'll all be just because life is "SO AMAZINGGG". Vision may get blurred and it may be hard to read things when they're up close but you won't give a shit lol. It's a drug that makes you high as fuck, and people won't be like "oh he's drunk/stoned" they'll be like "Damn that dude is on DRUGS" lmao.

KEY TIPS:
Roll in a safe environment where you can't get in trouble for being high and your friends are watching you.
DRINK WATER. LOTS OF IT.
You may or may not throw up. Eat BEFORE the trip, not during.
It's not like any other drug, it's VERY intense euphoria and absolutely incredible, but i'd expect to be high as fuck and therefore very much impaired.

Im gonna throw in my .02 and say never eat before rolling as its always had a negative impact on my rolls and Ive found an empty stomach is always best for me/friends but sort of a trial by error thing

Last edited:
100mg is a good recommendation for a first dose. I highly recommend using a reagent to test your drugs to help increase your confidence that you aren't taking something else

Im gonna throw in my .02 and say never eat before rolling as its always had a negative impact on my rolls and Ive found an empty stomach is always best for me/friends but sort of a trial by error thing

Quote for truth, last meal should be about 3 hours before you drop.
Do not drink too much water or liquids in the last hour, avoid sodas/beer/fizzy drinks completely as just when the high is starting your stomach will move/contract rhythmically for a bit, which can cause fizzy drinks to foam rapidly and produce loud burps/vomit.
For some people this can happen so quickly that they barely have the time to get up and avoid puking over themselves.
You might be one of the lucky ones that doesn't get this, but you don't wanna find out in a closed room/pub/club. =D

DRINK WATER. LOTS OF IT.

I have to point out that this is bad advice. Of course you need to stay hydrated, but just drink normally.

Too much water can be fatal and has been the real cause of many so called 'ecstasy overdose' fatalities.

Please see: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/W

Also, good MDMA should have a psychedelic 'flavour' to it with enhanced colours and sometimes marked visual disturbances (try reading or typing and watch those letters dance) coupled with quite a trippy headspace - but without the propensity to get caught in negative thought loops or introspection. This is all part of the 'magic' that people love so much.

However, much of the modern MDMA is lacking this quality, regardless of dose. It still gets you fucked up and can be relatively enjoyable - but unless you are propelled into a universe of love with you as its master, it's not the real deal.

Last edited:
MDMA does not make you trip, in the way that classical psychedelics take you on a journey... but it can most definitely induce hallucinations, especially in higher doses. Some people are more susceptible to this than others, personally in my MDMA using days I always hallucinated hard at some point, but then my doses were pretty excessive in retrospect.

There is definitely something different and uniquely otherworldly about MDxx hallucinations, they are a markedly different character to LSD, for example. Sometimes, especially on comedowns from very heavy sessions, I'd experience intermittent full blown hallucinations where it was like the world I was looking at would completely change until I snapped myself out of it... the way I used to like to describe it was imagine if the world was like a cartoon, with thick, clearly defined lines around individual objects... then a deep MDxx full blown open eye hallucination would be like someone had erased all the lines separating objects from each other, and redrawn them, so that the same view you were seeing a moment ago was suddenly something completely different.

So guys, I took it. First tablet was scared because I heard you can get panic attacks so I broke it off in pieces and swallowed it. The lads didn't believe I took it and so went outside, threw it on the floor and swallowed it. I definitely didn't get hallucinations or "mad out of it" as he said I would and that made him think later that I probably have a high tolerance.

Though some didn't notice, others definitely did including the movement of my jaw and how big my eyes were. Since I have brown African eyes, many people shined their iPhone flashlights into my eyes to confirm I definitely had taken it but...all I got was an almost stimulant high. It was subtle and definitely not like opiates. Right now I haven't drank or eaten anything

Rehydrate yourself but in moderation maybe a cup of water per hour is a good start...you can also consume some fruits ...bananas will help

MDMA does not make you trip, in the way that classical psychedelics take you on a journey... but it can most definitely induce hallucinations, especially in higher doses. Some people are more susceptible to this than others, personally in my MDMA using days I always hallucinated hard at some point, but then my doses were pretty excessive in retrospect.

There is definitely something different and uniquely otherworldly about MDxx hallucinations, they are a markedly different character to LSD, for example. Sometimes, especially on comedowns from very heavy sessions, I'd experience intermittent full blown hallucinations where it was like the world I was looking at would completely change until I snapped myself out of it... the way I used to like to describe it was imagine if the world was like a cartoon, with thick, clearly defined lines around individual objects... then a deep MDxx full blown open eye hallucination would be like someone had erased all the lines separating objects from each other, and redrawn them, so that the same view you were seeing a moment ago was suddenly something completely different.

One of the metabolites of MDMA is MDA, IIRC it happens in the liver and it can be up to 20%.