• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Finally stopped the methadone clinic

CJ........pharmacist said not to take any cold medications with BP being so high and the medication he put me on. Said saline mist, humidifier etc....... it’s still high. This morning it’s 165/95, not horrible but still........I don’t want it back in the 200.
Vast empty.......I’ll look up more on google. Heating pad seems a big comfort.
Thanks for the advice. It’s always appreciated.

You're doing a great job Deb,

You're one tough individual, you can accomplish anything, you are the best.

Re Super Bowl. I just want to see Brady get his ass handed to him but it never works that way. ; )

Bahahaha, I was having a TERRIBLE day UNTIL I read your DR DICK reference. I'm glad you see what an asshole that guy is, being a chronic pain patient I have had my share of judgmental health care professionals, some, well few, are nice. I hope you find one that treats you well Debbie.

Chili sounds so good, I'm making nachos today for Super Bowl.

Glad your bp has come down, and that you got some house work done.

Take good care of yourself, I hope you feel better soon

So proud of you my dear friend, things will continue to improve for you.
You're awesome!!!

Much love,
your friend, Ash.

QUOTE=Debbie Combs;14479776]Tomorrow will be day 30.
Still wake with ache in joints. Headache daily. Fatigue.
I sleep with heating pad, either on hip or knees. Use tiger balm on joints.(the uncomfortable icy hot feeling takes mind off pain) Even on methadone my knee was BAD, Dr Dick calls it arthritis. The freakin ache of it all.
i do have some kind of cold, upper respiratory thing going on. My face hurts. The glands have gone down in my neck. I found some amoxicillin in cabinet.
I have not gone to any NA meetings or contacted a therapist for addiction. Was going to last week but that?s when I started getting this virus. I did not feel like it.
Happy Super Bowl. Debbie downer wanted the Saints. We all know THAT story, I do not care to watch. I?ll make some chili, just sounds good.
Yesterday, I did more in ONE day around the house then I did in 6 mo. On methadone. I can go into a room and remember why I went in there.
Aches and sleep still weird. My mind is getting better. Stomach has no issues
BP is still high, even on BP medication.
It is BETTER, I want great! Patience has never been my virtue.[/QUOTE]

I got you Debbie definitely listen to the Pros on the BP thing. I'm not going to preach but you really should consider getting at least a therapist. You need someone to help during the coming months. There will be dark days unfortunately. NA is whatever. I'm not a fan but that's just a personal thing. If your religious it's probably better.

I’m not feeling this right now. Not in a good way.
this withdrawal crap is getting into my personal life in a BAD way. I can not DO what I need to do. I have 4, 150x30’ ghouses that needed to be cleaned, planted in the next 4 weeks. It can not wait.
Had 2 pallets of trays that needed moving. Back filled a retaining wall that caved, and started cleaning a greenhouse when the electrical crapped out. No exhaust fan. Temperature soared to 90 fast. Still tried to push through, got super dizzy had to quit. The fatigue, freakin weak, I’ve never felt like this before. IDK if it’s the BP med, the sinus infection/virus or still withdrawls.
The REAL 40 hr a week job is still on my case for a detailed DR note explaining my 8 day absence in Jan. I know I need to go to labor board but do not feel the fight right now. I’ve missed 2 other days in that job too. They are threatening AWOL. Lovely!
I take care of elderly parents. Seems a challenge at the best of times. Mom has dementia, Dad had a stroke last year.
On my home front I’m in the midst of divorce. It another set of problems.
As dizzy as I felt, as crappy, achy........I started the HARLEY and caught a breeze. For a bit, it was great. The air was warm in the 60s. I felt more in tune with the bike, not as rigid, more fluent with curves. More THERE! Something I haven’t experienced in awhile. I rode through the mountains and back roads listening to iTunes. Sucked I had to come back.
I need to get back to normal. I have to. Is there ever a “GOOD” time to come off opiates?

Last edited:
Debbie -

do you, by chance, have any chronic health conditions that you deal with? I know many methadone users do have chronic pain and health concerns. If so, could you blame it on a “flare up” of sorts? Do you have an Medical Leave option - like one of the legal ones (FMLA)? Also, what country do you live in, if you don’t my asking. I know a bit about labor laws in America if you are here. PM if you need to discuss it further. It SUCKS when your employer doesn’t cut you some slack. This takes awhile to recover from. I swear to christ it’s like recovering from major surgery. Even when I feel “well enough” to go back to work I feel like I’ve just been through Armageddon and need three weeks under my covers just to deal with life.

Also, I know this is easier said than done, but try and cut yourself some slack right now. You just did something epically difficult. If you don’t get to the retaining wall right away it’s not the end of the world (I hope). Your body needs a fair amount of rest and time to recover from your epic feat.

feel better soon, D, this too shall pass.

- VE

VastEmpty......I DO have FMLA. It is covered, so I’m not understanding the need for additional documentation. I live in the US, work for the good ole post office. I consider it harassment. I had three supervisors request the info. I’m not being singled out however, they are doing the same to others. Post Office had epic fail at Christmas. Instead of directing energy to correct management mistakes, they have taken the easy route saying if everyone had come to work, we would not have failed. I don’t care who you are, 10 or 12 people can not sort 2 million packages in 8 hrs. I’ve never seen so many parcels.
I do have chronic pain in neck. I’ve never wanted surgery. I’m rethinking that option.
Thank you for the reply.

Today is day 30! Whoop whoop.
still not feeling it. BP still high this morning. Slight fever, body ache. Headache is manageable, but gets worse as day progresses. Stress is high because it seems I can’t do what I need to do. My body just stopped yesterday. Could not push through it. I’ve always enjoyed physical work. Like the burn of muscles. Consider myself a strong woman for my age. This is so different. My support team is not as supportive anymore. They make me feel like I’m faking it or something. Asking me......”shouldn’t this be over? I read it takes 14 days”..........I don’t even know how to answer.

I'm sorry Debbie. This is when I say some platitude about how you've come along away and if you've made it this far you can make it the rest. But it's just that a platitude. It's hard and complicated. Only people who have been through it really understand.

All you can really do is push as hard as you can and realize you can only do so much.

Congrtas on 30 days off Methadone Debbie my friend.

And I'm not saying this to put a damper on you but rather to let you know this is normal, if you go back and read my friend Dale's (socal424) quit journal, he wasn't feeling right for a few months after he quit. He said methadone wd's made other wd's seem like child's play.

Keep going, it does get better, might just take a while longer, but you're one tough sob so you can do this.

Here if you need anything.

Love,
your friend,
Ash.

Thank you for the comments. I realize it’s gonna last a bit, I get frustrated.
pain in neck is real, lol I’m going to chiropractor today. It’s helped before.

For what it's worth I think your doing amazing

So, seems the chiropractor helped immensely. My head was jammed tight on shoulders lol. He twisted, cracked, pop every vertebrae in my spine. Then poked on belly saying i seemed to have had some digestive issues lately. Tried the upper back but said it was just the muscles tight. Ask me if I’d been in a lot pain recently. I’m tensing up too much. How the hell he could tell all that I have no clue. I did not say a word about withdrawls. Nope not making that mistake again. Stigma. Anyways, I usually go every other month. It’s always helped my headache, but it had been 5 mo since my last visit.
I have no pain that feels like I have a dagger in my left eye. My head is not exploding. I was getting desperate. Any relief is welcomed. Now just need to get the knots out of muscles in upper back. Massage? I’ve never had one, well not paid for it. Lol got a heating pad on it as I write this.
This evening has been better than any since 4-5 days back. I hope it stays for a little while.
Ash, CJ, thanks again for the words of advice. This is the hardest thing ever, had no idea it would take so long. Reality is a bitch. I knew I would have fatigue, but not the aches, stuffy head, joint pain for weeks/months. It’s like being stuck on day 14 forever.
Sleep. I was sleeping good. Seems now it’s back to 4 hrs. even with trazadone, BP med, melatonin and benzo. Go to bed at midnight wake at 4am, just awful. How do people wake at stupid thirty naturally? I want to see sunlight when I open my eyes.
If you read all this dribble any comments, suggestions or say “HI” is welcomed. If you are looking to get off methadone, do it. It’s hard, but there are times when there is no pain and it makes it worth it. Maybe tomorrow will be better. If I had not stopped I could not have that hope. I’d still be stuck wearing a cap over my eyes and not feeling a damn thing.

VastEmpty......I DO have FMLA. It is covered, so I’m not understanding the need for additional documentation. I live in the US, work for the good ole post office. I consider it harassment. I had three supervisors request the info. I’m not being singled out however, they are doing the same to others. Post Office had epic fail at Christmas. Instead of directing energy to correct management mistakes, they have taken the easy route saying if everyone had come to work, we would not have failed. I don’t care who you are, 10 or 12 people can not sort 2 million packages in 8 hrs. I’ve never seen so many parcels.

debbie -

when you get some time, google “CFR 29 825.308” and it will tell you how often your employer can legally ask for doctor certifications (which is what they are asking you for). It depends on the specifics of your condition and the paperwork your doctor provided to your employer when you qualified for FMLA - only you (and your employer and doctor, of course) would know that information. It’s possible you won’t have to comply with the request if they are illegally asking. You work for a public employer, if they fuck with you, they have a particularly high liability. But I am not surprised that they are...

also, fuck anyone who ever told anyone ever that you could get over methadone wds in 14 fucking days. Jesus Christ on a cracker - talk about spreading some really hurtful and inaccurate information. I’m sorry you are dealing with all this on top of the obvious. I hope you feel better soon.

- VE

VE.....I had submitted my paperwork for FMLA last Sept. it hasn?t been 4 mo. I?ve had the same case since 1994. Usually I have to resubmit yearly, a couple times they requested at 6 mo. It?s a 6 page document, explaining illness, and how I?ll be incapacitated with flare ups. Can?t be anymore detailed.
I cant fanthom why they would need to know more. It?s like they know more than Dr.
I have filed a grievance with my local. I?ll hear back next week. If this isn?t resolved my only recourse would be Labor.
Ill definetly be looking up ....... thanks for the info....
my daughter googled methadone withdrawls and skimmed through. Somehow that’s what she got out of it. 14 days.

Last edited:
So, it’s another day, not much sleep. 4 hrs. Still feel tired. I do not have exploding headache but dull pain. Legs still give problems. Stress, depression is real. What the heck with stuffy head? Has anyone EVER figured why it comes in waves?
I think I need to only work one job for while. It’s difficult for some reason to get the energy I need. I SO look forward to vacation. 26 days I’ll be in Miami, going on a cruise. Only problem is with ONE job money will be tighter.
Ash............. I reread SoCal post. I guess I was narrowed when I read the first time. Looks like he had a turn around at two months, then more at six. Everyone is different but it gives a timeline. Also, how do you manage your pain? Are you still opiate free?
SoCals post also talked of feeling cold. I have felt cold everyday. I almost feel normal being cold. I e been this way for 1 full year, CT benzos and my SSRi last year and methadone this year. Body temp hasn’t regulated. I felt my body turning on me Sunday/Monday. Don’t know what it was all about but felt at wits end. Miagraine does not go well with withdrawls. Not wanting to take a pain killer for it was maddening.
I feel weak doing it but calling someone to take spot at greenhouse till after vacation. Hopefully I’ll be able to work some of the rush spring brings there. I do enjoy it.

Absolutely, even at a few months SOCAL424 (Dale) still wasn't quite right.

debbie -

also, fuck anyone who ever told anyone ever that you could get over methadone wds in 14 fucking days. Jesus Christ on a cracker - talk about spreading some really hurtful and inaccurate information. I’m sorry you are dealing with all this on top of the obvious. I hope you feel better soon.

- VE

You are incredibly strong and tenacious Debbie. Dealing with all that paper work. your job, which sounds very labor intensive, your quit and just generally holding all your shit together. Man you are a badass.

I hope the grievance comes out in your favor.

I hope today is a good one my friend.
Keep up the great work.

Much love,
your friend,
Ash.

VE.....I had submitted my paperwork for FMLA last Sept. it hasn?t been 4 mo. I?ve had the same case since 1994. Usually I have to resubmit yearly, a couple times they requested at 6 mo. It?s a 6 page document, explaining illness, and how I?ll be incapacitated with flare ups. Can?t be anymore detailed.
I cant fanthom why they would need to know more. It?s like they know more than Dr.
I have filed a grievance with my local. I?ll hear back next week. If this isn?t resolved my only recourse would be Labor.
Ill definetly be looking up ....... thanks for the info....
my daughter googled methadone withdrawls and skimmed through. Somehow that’s what she got out of it. 14 days.

I would say your going to have ongoing problemsvwith insomnia for awhile. Now that RLS isn't a factor try diphenhydramine as a sleep aid. Or even NyQuil if those cold still ptons are still lingering.

Be easy on yourself you just went through something traumatic

I have filed a grievance with my local.

my daughter googled methadone withdrawls and skimmed through. Somehow that?s what she got out of it. 14 days.

Debbie -

i think that your union is your best course of action for sure. i am glad you have one to help you with this while you are otherwise concentrating on healing - I know your big boss (Trump) would prefer otherwise.

I am sorry that your daughter read such poor information. This takes how ever long it takes. Don?t let anyone push you to feel like you aren?t ?better enough.? It is what it is, patience or not, it?ll take what it takes. At least that?s true in my case. I think, as CJ said a few days ago, you are doing amazing. Considering. can you send her some information that is accurate - or closer to at least (which will probably be a range)? 14 days is an insanely unrealistic expectation and well meaning people who stumble across that information are done a disservice by it.

Did you say you take trazadone for sleep? Is it not working? feel better soon, Debbie, just keep moving forward opiate free and your body has no choice but to come along with you...in time...kicking and screaming and causing you all sorts of issues, maybe, but it will get there.

- VE

14 days is a joke. Rehabs say that because no one would come if they knew the truth

Thinking of you.

How are you doing today Deb?

Much love,
your friend,
Ash.