• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

December Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread, v More Holidaze Ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch

This thread is for anyone interested in improving their life this month.

Quitting drugs? Cutting back? Getting healthy? Wanting to improve your Life?
Write it all down!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

November's thread is archived here.

Thanks for getting this month's thread going, TPD!

For me December is a tough month to deal with. I have had 2 and did okay.

I don't think I'll be craving for opiates, but the pressure for drinking is overwhelming. I haven't had big problems with alcohol before but I'm not taking chances.

Wish a great December to all of you!! :)

crashed and burned at the end of last month. went downtown to take photos with a new camera, came back with a gram of hard. after 150+ days clean. called off work the next day to get my life in order, bought more crack. it's so bad for me due to mental illness. used benzos to address the edge. today is day one no crack. day one no benzos will be later this week because i'm a little shaken. oops.

Have you ever tried working with a mental health professional hydro? Of course I fucking hate that stuff, but when you find someone/something that works, it's really nice to have the stability. Very antithetical to the crack experience, which is all about instability IME.

yeah i've been seeing some combination of psychologists and psychiatrists since i was 15 years old. i don't have more to say on that. i do not like or trust medical professionals. told my last counselor about drug abuse because he said he wouldn't write it down. end of the appointment he's saying he has to tell me psych because i'm a danger to myself. we got that resolved, but what bullshit. done spending my money on counseling.

Hi everyone,little update
Still rocking the soberity out, i am waiting for my background check to get cleared and start the actual job working in a Detox unit here in town on the 18th. I am really excited that all of my hard work is starting to pay off.

My soberity date is August 22nd 2016 and just for today I am not going to get high or drunk!

D's: still toeing the line I see ;) <3

Hydro: Yeah, that experience was bullshit. I can't stand how manipulative and self-centered a lot of medical professionals are. The previous psychiatrist I saw was such a defensive asshole, I wanted to rip my head off.

If you have insurance, perhaps you could check out some local mental health/illness groups? The one experience I had with that kind of thing was absolutely nothing like most of the aversive and shitty experiences I've had with medicine, although I might have just gotten lucky.

Do you have any plans for the holiday hydro? Like fun stuff to take care of yourself with that doesn't just involve drugs (or harmful drug use)?

yeah i've been seeing some combination of psychologists and psychiatrists since i was 15 years old. i don't have more to say on that. i do not like or trust medical professionals. told my last counselor about drug abuse because he said he wouldn't write it down. end of the appointment he's saying he has to tell me psych because i'm a danger to myself. we got that resolved, but what bullshit. done spending my money on counseling.

I find that the value I get from therapy really comes and goes over time. If you're not feeling it (and you're not facing an immediate crisis), I encourage you to take a break.

Anybody else hate the holidays, or is it just me?

Definitely not just you. Most stressful time of the year for me for sure, although this year it looks like it will be easier than others.

Planning to jump from 10mg Oxycodone next Friday. I am dropping from 20mg day to 10 this Friday, then it’s over.

I’m nervous. Every adjustment has brought w/d. 30 to 20 has been the hardest with the pain in my bones. I have to do PT with this pain. But even if I am miserable for that final week it will be over. I need over to happen.

My eldest son graduates from University this month. It was such a struggle to get here. We are blue collar with a family of seven and the money doesn’t go far. We gave all we had. He taught himself how to flip computers on EBay. He also learned medical transcription. And on weekends he unloads the McDonald’s supply truck and gets out after midnight. We are still waiting to see if he was accepted into grad school. He’s on the short list for a competitive PT program but you can never know for sure.

I don’t hate them but my husband does and I understand why. He associates them with stress from his childhood. So for 30 years, it’s been all Ellie all the time and it’s exhausting.

Shoot. Maybe I do hate them now!!

I'm not a big fan of them. It means family getting together and usually unnecessary drama. Got to deal with them this year drug free. Should be fun ?

Planning to jump from 10mg Oxycodone next Friday. I am dropping from 20mg day to 10 this Friday, then it’s over.

That seems a little fast - why not try jumping 5mg once a week? That is still a pretty significant drop when your total dose is only 10-20mg.

I don’t hate them but my husband does and I understand why. He associates them with stress from his childhood. So for 30 years, it’s been all Ellie all the time and it’s exhausting.

Shoot. Maybe I do hate them now!!

That's kinda why I hate them. Supposed to be about family, I tend to avoid my family. At least I'll be sober for the first time in years

It used to be fun to get together for holidays, but some families simply can't stay together for too long. It's crazy how conflicting that is sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.