• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Schizophrenia from weed?

Godwintwo2

Greenlighter
Hey guys so I'm my past I have used cannabis about three times and mostly loved it with no negative effects the first two times however, the third time which was yesterday, I ended up having a powerful delusion where I thought this guy was watching us while we were smoking. Full story here - http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/...5#post14023835
If possible please read this link - it has some important details - now I still can't tell whether this guy was real or not but my friend did confirm he heard someone say something where I saw him but didn't recall seeing anyone peering over at us (where we were is kinda hard to explain so that may come across strangely). This reaction was completely unexpected and I had an anxiety attack as a result. I have no family history of schizophrenia but there is bipolar, addiction (and anxiety/depression which I have had in the past) I do consider myself a very axious person and it may have just been a panic attack however when my body tingled, my vision was in a way similar to a colourful version of a static TV.
So my question is, do u think I should lay of the weed completely or just take it easy and do it only on occasions and do u think it may be the particular strain and lastly, do you think I may have triggered some sort of mental issue? I also forgot to add that the weed was SUPER potent and I smoked a lot from a bong with zero tolerance.
Thanks guys any answers much appreciated.

It's not uncommon to experience paranoia from smoking weed especially with no tolerance. Was it only this one time that it happened? Your link didn't work for me but I'm going to move this to Cannabis Discussion.

Oh ok thanks sry I'm kinda new to this and yeah it was only the one time, the other two I really enjoyed myself

A friend of mine started smoking weed and it made him so paranoid that he had to start therapy with a psychiatrist. When he started taking meds, there was no going back to smoking. He also told me that he was stupid that he didn't give up it earlier, as it clearly had a back impact on his mental health.