• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What is the best drug to use to attempt this?

Squall Leonhart

Greenlighter
I want to have an Ego death and basically something similar to a near-death experience. Is there any drug that can induce this very well? I don't have much money but as long as it's nothing over $100 in a short span it's fine(by that, I mean nothing that will take up too much money at the moment).

Yeah, DMT.

You don't need to find it. Make it yourself. Not too hard. Google is your friend.

If you can't obtain crystalline DMT, drink ayahuasca.

They say that 5-meo-dmt is the alpha and omega of psychedelics, it is and isn't, complete nothingness yet everything all the same. I haven't tried it, but I have some in my possession... to be honest it frightens me. On Erowid, it has nicknames listed as 'chemical bliss' and 'chemical terror'.

Also, we don't permit sourcing of drugs on Bluelight, so please consider that in all your future posting.

^ I've been sitting on some for years now, too. I'm too much of a pussy to try it, especially after being shaken up by some really intense negative DMT trips. Talk about fear. If 5-MeO-DMT is capable of being even more terrifying, then... screw that.

I say take a high dose of 2-oxo-pce, you'll be out of your body in a gentler way that DMT and you won't need to vaporize something that tastes really awful

5-MeO-DMT is imo much better at this than DMT and is also more easily available as 'pseudo-RC'.
Mushrooms aren't bad either but more in the league of DMT, there is more of a fuss made around this mystical deal while 5-MeO-DMT is extreme but on the other hand quite upfront and pure.
Other than that, stick to the classics.

Thats not real ego death tho

Please, explain me how to be detached from your body and completely lose your ego in a near death experience, as you do on dissociative holes, is not real ego death. It's as real as you can get.

It's easy on dissociatives to have a NDE, and that's what the OP is asking. Also the experience is a lot gentler than a DMT breaktrough, what I don't consider a NDE at all, compared to my disso holes. The "psychedelics are the real deal, fuck other things" argument is just stupid.

If we are going that route, the "real ego death" will be the one you have on dissos. With psychedelic experiences there is always some level of you that exists, while with dissos your own self is completely wiped out. John Lilly would probe me right. If you read about real NDE's that people had without any drug involved, there are no amazing patterns, mandalas, elves or entities to talk about, what they describe is pretty similar to my disso holes.

There you have got salvia, a psychedelic/dissociative, that will give you ego death too. I would recommend it before DMT as well. I fucking hate smoked DMT, it's a psychedelic rollercoaster that I don't like at all, I prefer to take it orally with some IMAO.

Last edited:
I want to have an Ego death and basically something similar to a near-death experience. Is there any drug that can induce this very well? I don't have much money but as long as it's nothing over $100 in a short span it's fine(by that, I mean nothing that will take up too much money at the moment).

As someone above mentioned "holing" might be what your after for "near death experience" which is NOT enjoyable for me.

If your looking for ego death (completely different than a NDE) I would say salvia concentrate or DMT.

If inexperienced with these, id recommend salvia. its easier to get aand IME its more forgiving in all aspects.

Salvia is easier to smoke, the body high is uncomfortable to me, and the trip is confusing and startling.

DMT is simply fucking terrifying.

Strong Tryptamins like: N,N-DMT & 5-MEO-DMT
Magic Mushrooms are also great, not so complicated to use, you can grow em @ home and not so "terrifying" in my humble opinion!

5-MeO-DMT is imo much better at this than DMT and is also more easily available as 'pseudo-RC'.
Mushrooms aren't bad either but more in the league of DMT, there is more of a fuss made around this mystical deal while 5-MeO-DMT is extreme but on the other hand quite upfront and pure.
Other than that, stick to the classics.

This, in my experience 5-MeO-DMT reliably induces a white light experience, which is sublime and terrifying at the same time.

I've read that N,N-DMT is the lighter, much more uplifting experience whereas 5-MEO-DMT is the much darker experience.

Would a fair comparison be akin to the comparison between LSD and mushrooms? One is much lighter than the other, for example? Or are the two DMT molecules quite similar? I've read varying things all over the place...

No, I don't agree with that...

For me 5-MeO-DMT is a spiritual experience like this one: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...ne-100-mg-MXE-IM)-Experienced-Tripping-Globes
but it's psychedelic potential is relatively more limited, which can be explained by high 5-HT1A activity compared to 5-HT2A. DMT isn't so selective and acts a lot on 5-HT2A which brings a lot more content into the trip like worlds and beings, shapes, patterns, although it still has that spiritual undertone.
I think both are overwhelming and that makes them a bit terrifying, but on the whole the atmosphere apart from that overwhelming should still be positive quite more often than negative, for both. 5-MeO-DMT is more purely about the feeling, the arrival, the state of being although there can still certainly be freaky visuals, but less abundant and colorful. DMT is more about the journey.

I don't think 5-MeO-DMT is dark, virtually every time I have taken it the trip had heavenly qualities. Sure, at times - maybe parts of most trips - it was simply too intense to bear but only rarely did it feel sinister to me. For DMT that was similar although the difference between harmony and chaos is easier to describe because of the psychedelia that goes with it.

LSD vs mushrooms is a different comparison to me: to me both are very psychedelic and both can be spiritual even if mushrooms more heavily in a shamanic way somehow... but they have a different approach / character. Mushrooms are irrational, emotional and intuitive to me. Fairytale-like but obscure and mysterious. LSD is also profound but more honest and rational to me although it can have pretty much the same challenges as mushrooms if the dose is high enough. Still, rather than fairytale-like the themes seem more neutral and flexible and pure: like synthetic yet realistic-natural looking caricatures. Mushrooms tend to charge caricatures with more projections of fears and desires in my experiences. The ways it works or the mind works and how the mind constructs reality get more mythical and involve strange beings controlling alien control panels, of which I am shown mysterious visions. LSD allows me to partially see and understand how things may relate, there may be visuals of symbols making up a matrix-like world but less delusional.
Don't get me wrong, I can still lose contact with reality on LSD but the crazy things that happen don't seem to imply quite as much supernatural stuff. I find the way my head gets messed with more friendly and I feel like on LSD the deep lessons and questions are more fair and explicit. On mushrooms it's more like some asshole kung fu teacher who demands the answer to profound questions that were not explicitly asked. Sometimes it's a very good thing to get punished by mushrooms and humbled a bit, but many other times it just seems cruel to me.

By the way I bet if selective 2A agonists like NBOMe's weren't so unsafe, esp to combine like the following, they would be great to combine with 1A heavy and maybe some 2C contributing agonist to fix them being hollow and superficial. Also too bad that a lot of 5-MeO tryptamines can be a little iffy with the stimulation... apart from that maybe they could make other psychedelics more spiritual. If I were still more experimental, I might try to find a good formula operating under the admittedly quite overgeneralized assumption that 2A contributes a lot of classic psychedelia and 1A more of a spiritual component, and 2C maybe some - what - effects on mood etc on the side?

Last edited:
No, I don't agree with that...

For me 5-MeO-DMT is a spiritual experience like this one: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...ne-100-mg-MXE-IM)-Experienced-Tripping-Globes
but it's psychedelic potential is relatively more limited, which can be explained by high 5-HT1A activity compared to 5-HT2A. DMT isn't so selective and acts a lot on 5-HT2A which brings a lot more content into the trip like worlds and beings, shapes, patterns, although it still has that spiritual undertone.
I think both are overwhelming and that makes them a bit terrifying, but on the whole the atmosphere apart from that overwhelming should still be positive quite more often than negative, for both. 5-MeO-DMT is more purely about the feeling, the arrival, the state of being although there can still certainly be freaky visuals, but less abundant and colorful. DMT is more about the journey.

I don't think 5-MeO-DMT is dark, virtually every time I have taken it the trip had heavenly qualities. Sure, at times - maybe parts of most trips - it was simply too intense to bear but only rarely did it feel sinister to me. For DMT that was similar although the difference between harmony and chaos is easier to describe because of the psychedelia that goes with it.

LSD vs mushrooms is a different comparison to me: to me both are very psychedelic and both can be spiritual even if mushrooms more heavily in a shamanic way somehow... but they have a different approach / character. Mushrooms are irrational, emotional and intuitive to me. Fairytale-like but obscure and mysterious. LSD is also profound but more honest and rational to me although it can have pretty much the same challenges as mushrooms if the dose is high enough. Still, rather than fairytale-like the themes seem more neutral and flexible and pure: like synthetic yet realistic-natural looking caricatures. Mushrooms tend to charge caricatures with more projections of fears and desires in my experiences. The ways it works or the mind works and how the mind constructs reality get more mythical and involve strange beings controlling alien control panels, of which I am shown mysterious visions. LSD allows me to partially see and understand how things may relate, there may be visuals of symbols making up a matrix-like world but less delusional.
Don't get me wrong, I can still lose contact with reality on LSD but the crazy things that happen don't seem to imply quite as much supernatural stuff. I find the way my head gets messed with more friendly and I feel like on LSD the deep lessons and questions are more fair and explicit. On mushrooms it's more like some asshole kung fu teacher who demands the answer to profound questions that were not explicitly asked. Sometimes it's a very good thing to get punished by mushrooms and humbled a bit, but many other times it just seems cruel to me.

By the way I bet if selective 2A agonists like NBOMe's weren't so unsafe, esp to combine like the following, they would be great to combine with 1A heavy and maybe some 2C contributing agonist to fix them being hollow and superficial. Also too bad that a lot of 5-MeO tryptamines can be a little iffy with the stimulation... apart from that maybe they could make other psychedelics more spiritual. If I were still more experimental, I might try to find a good formula operating under the admittedly quite overgeneralized assumption that 2A contributes a lot of classic psychedelia and 1A more of a spiritual component, and 2C maybe some - what - effects on mood etc on the side?

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I've yet to try DMT. I am interested, but fearful - a friend of mine has recently started smoking 5-MeO and claims that it is rather beautiful, but has yet to push the boat completely out. He says that he gets to a state where he sees visions and remarkable stuff, with a feeling of "cleansing" but has yet to jump all the way in. He's invited me to try it, but I'm not sure I'm up to scratch on the research side of things, and from what I've read, I would much prefer DMT to 5-MeO for a first time. As you are a pretty experienced individual, which molecule would you recommend as a first time?

I agree with your theories on mushrooms and LSD. LSD is perhaps my favourite experience to date and I absolutely adore the things it provides. It's beautiful and has made cry in the past. Mushrooms are incredibly brutal and clumsy and I don't think I've ever got on with them fully - my first trip was wonderful, but the times after that have been quite an uncomfortable and anxious experience, with it being incredibly easy to fall into negative trains of thought. It's almost like having the lessons beaten out of you by an abusive parent, almost masochistic in a sense, whereas LSD is like having a firm massage and perhaps the occasional prod under the ribs from a very sexy masseuse. This probably makes me less of a "hard head" but I really see much more real life value in LSD as opposed to mushrooms (but I can see how mushrooms can "enlighten" you. I'm looking to try them again soon enough!).

But this brings me onto the reason why I'm pretty fearful; DMT is a tryptamine. I know there's no other way of knowing without trying, but because my brain doesn't seem to agree with mushrooms so much, I'm quite concerned that it won't agree with DMT, either. I don't want to make a tragic mistake and try this stuff if it's like mushrooms times a million, because I find that I can't translate the mushroom experience very well. The same friend is a huge fan of mushrooms and loves what they do, so it makes sense for him to appreciate the DMT experience - but yeah, just being utterly cautious and would like to get it right the first time!

I'm also very interested in mescaline. I imagine it strikes a really decent balance between utter euphoria and wisdom - but that's for another time.