• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy ALD-52 Thread - Part 2 "Aciityl Aciiiid"

If it's a reputable vendor I wouldn't worry too much at all about it being anything other than ALD-52 if that's what it was advertised as. This stuff is everywhere.

There were star shaped micro dots made but never caught on. Although that might have been just for 1p-lsd.?

^Never saw those, that sounds awesome. I've always thought microdots were the coolest method of dosing acid.

They don't seem as practical as blotters though in the internet drug age.

We don't even know how significantly a random tripper would be able to differentiate between ALD-52 and LSD, let's start with that. Or if not yet right now, be cool about the theories that build on that difference. ;)

Yeah, I totally agree, and I know very well that the orange sunshine myth has been debunked. But think about it like this, if you were a chemist and had a clandestine LSD lab, wouldn't you have tried to make ALD-52? If it was found to be good, wouldn't you be selling some of it, because some people might find it better or more mellow than LSD. or at least different. And the first few links in the distribution chain would know what it was, the rest wouldn't - The end user would buy it as LSD.

I'm not saying, that I think a lot of black market LSD has been ALD-52, I'm just saying that it's not implausible, that some of it was. But it obviously wouldn't have been common at all. I agree, most people probably won't feel a difference anyway, except maybe it being more mellow due to the kinetics. Nevertheless, it is really pointless speculation - I just can't see it not having happened at some point.

I highly doubt that any illegal drug manufacturer would risk wasting very expensive and hard to find reagents for something that may not even work and there is no market for. Just saying.

But we know that ALD-52 does work, that has been known for a long time. And I guess it must be profitable because they're still producing them now.

But we know that ALD-52 does work, that has been known for a long time. And I guess it must be profitable because they're still producing them now.
I know ALD-52 works, I was talking about the synth. And it's profitable now because there's a thriving internet drug community, online distribution, and easily available synth information, which there wasn't for most of LSD's (or ALD-52's) history. Also, there's a big difference between an established research chemical manufacturer with legitimate connections for precursors and equipment and an illegal clandestine drug lab that has to pay a large upcharge for underground materials and distribution.

?????

ALD-52's activity and how to synth it has been well known since the '60ies, when Hoffman made it the first time. I don't think the materials to acetylate LSD is difficult to come by if you already have a lab that can make LSD :)

And distribution? A clandestine lab that makes LSD already has an underground distribution network. And "there is no market for....."? No market for LSD? :) Anyway, nevermind.

I think a lot of us here have had the same experience, having little problem with psychedelics but having anxiety and over-thinking manifest with weed.

What if the anxiety and overthinking from smoking weed is exacerbated by taking psychedelics

Exacerbated by doing both at the same time or taking psychedelics then changing how weed is when consumed alone?

Does anyone have experience with these 125ug blotters?

tAMTRSU.jpg

They have a distinct bitter taste to them as well as some yellow staining on the paper. There are blue ink splatters near the red ALD-52 (hard to see in this photo) and a black molecule is printed on the backside. It did not noticeably numb my mouth.

I have tried out ALD-52 before from a trustworthy vendor and I couldn't discern any taste other then the paper itself. Those blotters were smaller, dosed at 100ug, and had no color printing or stains. The high was noticeably different as well, but that could be a problem with my perception.

My theory is the bitter taste and different high is probably a result of shoddy paper, color ink, uneven laying, and my warped expectations of what RC vendor blotters should look and taste like. I believe the resulting paranoia altered my trip.

Was I right to worry? I have a test kit coming in the mail either way for peace of mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm well what experience did you have with them? That's what's printed on mine but I just checked and the spacing/layout of the text is actually different than yours, although that could just be from an insignificant error in regards to lining up the paper with the printer.

Hmm, interesting. Just how bitter is it? It doesn't numb your mouth does it? Is it just a little bitter? Or significantly so?

Vendor discussion. you know better than this perpetualdawn!

Ultimately we can't ID anything on here because of rules and practicality. You've done the right thing getting a kit, and that will be the only thing that can tell you anything real. I'm going to try to tread lightly here with anything I say.

The bitter taste might be your perception of what I describe as an "electric sour" taste to lysergamides/blotter tabs (could actually be the inks I taste, but I think it's actually the chemical). It seems like not everyone tastes that, and that people perceive it differently. If it was really strongly bitter, that's supposed to be a sign of an NBOMe.

Anyways, good idea that you got a kit. Hopefully it can distinguish between lysergamides and NBOMes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm well what experience did you have with them? That's what's printed on mine but I just checked and the spacing/layout of the text is actually different than yours, although that could just be from an insignificant error in regards to lining up the paper with the printer.

Abysmal experience haha. Fear and paranoia that I accidentally killed myself with an nbome. I spent nearly two hours crying and praying to God. No joke.

As far as defining characteristics that might help identify the substance, I can point a few.

I noticed the open eye visuals were different. The world seems to take on a cartoony quality on good ALD-52. The outside world seems to conform to the patterns you recognizes in it. These effects were consistent across all my experiences with the substance. The drifting effect (as described here: https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Drifting) is one of the first things I notice on the come up.

The visual experience on these blotters was more like looking through a window wet with rain. My pattern recognition was still very good but my recognizing the patterns didn't change the appearance of the object. It looks like someone slapped a few cheap filters over my eyes. The experience was very clearly lacking any drifting. It could have been a perception thing. I was very upset at the time.

Hmm, interesting. Just how bitter is it? It doesn't numb your mouth does it? Is it just a little bitter? Or significantly so?

It wasn't repulsive. It just didn't taste edible. My first reaction was to take it out. It didn't numb my mouth, at least not significantly. That was one of the first things I checked. My senses have been tricked in the past though.

Ultimately we can't ID anything on here because of rules and practicality. You've done the right thing getting a kit, and that will be the only thing that can tell you anything real. I'm going to try to tread lightly here with anything I say.

If your vendor did indeed get them from *the* trustworthy private vendor, you should be OK. Everything lines up in that regard. Unless this is a well executed scheme with the same print etc. The ink spatters and yellow staining are nothing to be concerned with specifically. The corresponding blotters from the trustworthy private vendor are said to look like that as well.

The bitter taste might be your perception of what I describe as an "electric sour" taste to lysergamides/blotter tabs (could actually be the inks I taste, but I think it's actually the chemical). It seems like not everyone tastes that, and that people perceive it differently. If it was really strongly bitter, that's supposed to be a sign of an NBOMe.

Anyways, good idea that you got a kit. Hopefully it can distinguish between lysergamides and NBOMes.

Thank you for the reply. I'm not one to jump to the well executed scheme conclusion but the circumstances are a bit too weird for my liking. I'm definitely going to be testing this stuff before trying it again.

Last edited:
Sure, the bitterness *can* be due to the ink I would say - I have had nasty tasting blotter that had nothing else wrong with them. That's not to say it can't be another drug like DOX or NBOMe, hence the "no ID" warning and disclaimer.

My blotter has no color ink on them and no grammatical errors. At the least it is unusual blotter, so yeah it's at least one red flag.

?????

ALD-52's activity and how to synth it has been well known since the '60ies, when Hoffman made it the first time. I don't think the materials to acetylate LSD is difficult to come by if you already have a lab that can make LSD :)

And distribution? A clandestine lab that makes LSD already has an underground distribution network. And "there is no market for....."? No market for LSD? :) Anyway, nevermind.
Just because ALD-52 had been produced a few times in a pharmaceutical lab in Switzerland does not make detailed synth instructions easily available to the average chemist without raising suspicion. Even if you did know the synth in theory, would you really want to risk ruining a perfectly good batch of LSD by trying something very few people had ever done before and you might not even be able to sell afterwards? There was little to no market at the time for ALD-52 because no one had ever tried it and not a lot of people had even heard of it. I could see a chemist making a small batch of it for personal use, but I just can't see the profit in putting it on the street.