• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Megathread V.6

Are you for real? Maybe I have unique brain chemistry but just spent 6 or more months on high dose kratom, tapered all the way down to 2 teaspoons and had the shits for a day. No goosebumps or breaking out in sweats etc. There is some mental withdrawal.

Interesting to know kratom gets people dopesick (it is an opiate after all I suppose.)

Are you for real? Maybe I have unique brain chemistry but just spent 6 or more months on high dose kratom, tapered all the way down to 2 teaspoons and had the shits for a day. No goosebumps or breaking out in sweats etc. There is some mental withdrawal.

Interesting to know kratom gets people dopesick (it is an opiate after all I suppose.)

It's crazy man. it's has to have some serotonin properties. I was teary eyed and cried for myself that I couldnt get heroin during heroin withdrawal, like sometimes... Kratom had me in tears a lot of the time, just depressed, anxious. It did help me get a grasp of harder drug use, but quitting kratom is quite the feat. Whats scary is i'd rather get heroin right now and deal with the next day than relapse on kratom and deal with what I went through. I guess it's different for everyone.

I'm into lifting weights 3 times a week which probably lowers my withdrawals (endorphins.) I also take Wellbutrin. So I may be immune to the serotonin issues you mention.

My main symptom is anxiety but not super intense for the most part.

The taste of it is indeed gross. However, I often just make do with what I have i.e the powder and water, and I eat a spoonful, chase it with water, and then I'm right to go

Will kratom cause withdrawals to extend? Make them last longer? Similar to what would happen with you got high during w/d?

Or is it possible to take kratom for 3-4 days through the worst days and not "set myself back? Hypothetically?

Only an opinion for the birds.
If one wishes to quit a "harder" drug... quit using (or taper if possible) to the point of feeling that monkey riding you and weighing you down. Dose a couple grams of kratom and stop any further use of whatever one wishes to drop if one hasn't already. Do so when needed if WDs start creeping back. If WDs are not an issue quit the kratom as soon as possible to ensure dependantcy dosn't insue.
If one is replacing a pain med and wishes to use kratom instead, take it as a med (as needed)
My belief is kratom becomes an issue (as anything) when used as a recreation drug. This is what we do with everything as those who seek to escape or live in a more comfortable zone. We cannot stay in this zone every day without repercussions.
There are cycles to all... positive/negative, hill/vally, up/down, in/out. They say that colors are dependant on how loose or tight that wave is. And how "hard" a metrial is is related to the denseness of the same "energy?". A static pool of water stagnates and breeds unholy terrors. We need that cycling to be/stay healthy.
WDs will more than likely not be an issue... or sleep (if it so happens that one has an infinity to the leafs full properties). Millions seem to think it works for them so I would assume it is not placebo or mass-halucination/hysteria; if it is, whatever as long as it works. :)
Hope there is some info that can help with your question amongst the babbling thoretical opinionated and possible BS I posted.

Random post but I did get better at eating it and I like bali the best by far. I'm starting to enjoy things in life again more too.. so it must not have the alkloids or whatever that harder opiates do to steal the enjoyment from literally anything besides more opiates. At first I found kratom crappy and a weak substitute but your brain/body must start to adjust to it once you abuse it (as most of us probably do) and then imo it can be just as good as oxy.

Also PtahTek I'm down to play fire with kratom even if it becomes an issue... the legality probs involved in pill addiction was a huge fear for me as I could lose my license/job and kratom is a perfect remedy for this matter for the time being. I think people should avoid those OPMS gold kratom pills. They're awesome and the closest thing to percocet but they get you dopesick way worse than normal kratom

I'm getting back on kratom. I'm finding myself abusing stims more (I was doing really well in that regard) since I quit which are really fucking bad for me physically and mentally.

https://www.statnews.com/2018/11/09/hhs-recommended-dea-ban-kratom-do

Department of health and human services sent a letter to the DEA with a recommendation to make kratom schedule 1.

"FDA treated essentially a lot of anecdotal evidence of harm as fact, but is not willing to consider anecdotal evidence of benefit in the same way?

This is the main issue. Using subjective second hand opinion in place of science. No opinions, just facts please.

My tolerance is so high now (11.75 grams a dose...I know I know I should NOT have let it get that high), that I can't dose more than ounce a day every other day or I got withdrawal.

I hate it because I'm NOT a daily user and refuse to let myself become dependent and the most I'd ever let myself use it was 3 times a day, 3 days a week spread out, and that was nice.

There WAS a time when my tolerance was lower, I'd say when I needed less than 7 grams per dose, when I could actually dose 3 times a day, DEFINITELY 2 days a week if not in a row, and often 3 days a week if not in a row, and not get WD.

But now I just can't, and while some people will say that their tolerance goes down after a few days or weeks off...not mine.

I once took THREE MONTHS off and my tolerance did not go down.

Then I decided to quit and took over 10 months off and then my tolerance was back to 2 grams a dose, but I stupidly allowed it to gradually go up.

So I don't know how many months off would be necessary to get it back down, surely not the whole 10, but more than 3, so I'm guessing like 5 of 6 off is necessary for me to get my tolerance down again and I don't know if I've got it in me right now to take that many months off.

I simply had not realized that the intensity of WD is based not only on the number of days you dose per week but also the number of doses per day and total number of grams per day.

I thought that if I just didn't dose more than 3 days a week and they weren't in a row it wouldn't matter how much plant matter I consumed so I let my tolerance go up.

Now I realize that it totally matters and if you take more than a certain number of grams in a day you will have WD even if you only dose ONE day a week.

I think if I could get my tolerance back down I could behave myself and keep it there, but it just takes so damn long.

I tried potentiators like Agamantine Sulfate, Black Cayenne Pepper, Tumeric and Cat's Claw the last time I dosed, and they didn't seem to do anything at all...but granted I only ONCE tried the experiment.

Seems to me that all I can do is only dose once a day every other day to avoid WD but even then my tolerance won't go down, so the only other option is to stop for like 6 months.

If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated, cause I'm not willing to let myself become dependent.

I woke up around 5:30 AM (my normal wake up time) and had definitley started WD during the night for the first time ever. I had sweats and heightened anxiety upon waking. I took my first dose of only 5 g. It seemed to stave back the WD somewhat aside from the anxiety. I took 1.5 mg of Xanax (I am prescribed 2 mg per day and never take that much or take it daily bc I am terrified of benzo WD) and that was enough to make me really tired and actually fall asleep for about an hour this morning around 10:30 AM.

I am trying to hold off taking my second Kratom dose until 2 PM, and it again, it will be only 5 g. That will have me taking 15 g less per day in a 2 day old taper. I'm sure I will wake up in WD again in the morning, but with tapering, I know there still has to be some discomfort during the process. Tomorrow, I will hold at 10 g between 2 doses, but enter in the S & V at a 50/50 ratio.

I dont have much plain leaf left, and don't want to order more bc when I see a big pile of Kratom, all the tapering goes out the window. I'm just ready to be off Kratom for a while and enjoy life without anything to see how it goes. I love Kratom and it has been a life saver for me, but I have found I am addicted to it, and I don't want that anymore. I don't want to be chained to anything again.
I'm hoping to start Kratom this week for withdrawal but I'm afraid of getting addicted to it...How much do you recommend I take just to ward off the withdrawal pain along with benzos I'm prescribed for anxiety

Personally I'd look at Kratom like a tool and use what you need (hopefully a minimal amount) to escape the WD's of whatever you were using before. A week from now is when I'd take into account exactly how much Kratom you are using and plan a slow taper down from wherever you're at.

Kratom has a nasty WD period when taken for 6+ months at high doses and is used while not respecting it as an opioid. If you can keep your doses at 6-10grams / day for less than 6 weeks followed by some kind of taper, I think you'll be glad you chose the Kratom route.

If 8 months from now you've become complacent with keeping the dose under 15g's and procrastinated with a taper then your concerns for Kratom possibly being worse are well founded.

PS. Use caution with the heavy Kratom Extracts, ie OPMS gold kratom pills, they can add to one's tolerance much faster then leaf alone.

https://www.businessinsider.com/is-kratom-legal-government-regulators-decide-2018-11

Dea to schedule kratom called "immanent".
Mitragynine and 7-OH-Mitragynine could potentially be put on different schedules.
7-OH likely placed in schedule 1 and Mitragynine placed in schedule 2 and later made in pill form.

Wait, how can they just simply "schedule it".

Doesn't congress have to vote??!!

The DEA and FDA don't make the laws!!

Is it that they are TRYING to it or that they "will rule on it" or that it WILL BE SCHEDULED??

How can it be scheduled without being put to a vote?

Do you guys think this is just going to end up like the times they tried in the past where they will fail or do you think they'll succeed?

And for those of you who have a supply, will you be getting rid of it for fear of being caught with it?

My tolerance is so high now (11.75 grams a dose...I know I know I should NOT have let it get that high), that I can't dose more than ounce a day every other day or I got withdrawal.

I hate it because I'm NOT a daily user and refuse to let myself become dependent and the most I'd ever let myself use it was 3 times a day, 3 days a week spread out, and that was nice.

There WAS a time when my tolerance was lower, I'd say when I needed less than 7 grams per dose, when I could actually dose 3 times a day, DEFINITELY 2 days a week if not in a row, and often 3 days a week if not in a row, and not get WD.

But now I just can't, and while some people will say that their tolerance goes down after a few days or weeks off...not mine.

I once took THREE MONTHS off and my tolerance did not go down.

Then I decided to quit and took over 10 months off and then my tolerance was back to 2 grams a dose, but I stupidly allowed it to gradually go up.

So I don't know how many months off would be necessary to get it back down, surely not the whole 10, but more than 3, so I'm guessing like 5 of 6 off is necessary for me to get my tolerance down again and I don't know if I've got it in me right now to take that many months off.

I simply had not realized that the intensity of WD is based not only on the number of days you dose per week but also the number of doses per day and total number of grams per day.

I thought that if I just didn't dose more than 3 days a week and they weren't in a row it wouldn't matter how much plant matter I consumed so I let my tolerance go up.

Now I realize that it totally matters and if you take more than a certain number of grams in a day you will have WD even if you only dose ONE day a week.

I think if I could get my tolerance back down I could behave myself and keep it there, but it just takes so damn long.

I tried potentiators like Agamantine Sulfate, Black Cayenne Pepper, Tumeric and Cat's Claw the last time I dosed, and they didn't seem to do anything at all...but granted I only ONCE tried the experiment.

Seems to me that all I can do is only dose once a day every other day to avoid WD but even then my tolerance won't go down, so the only other option is to stop for like 6 months.

If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated, cause I'm not willing to let myself become dependent.
Hi Mycophile, my advice, based on personal experience is to use suboxone to wean off kratom. At least the DEA isn't gonna take that away. When I switched from methadone to suboxone it was clear that I could stop the kratom if I'd wanted to. Soon into the transition I was having to remind myself to take a dose every day. I chose to keep taking it, 1 tsp 4 times a day, with an occasional 2 or three tsp dose t really feel high, but the bupe really breaks the spell.

Multiple vendors are claiming they can't get shipments into the country today. My local shop claimed the FDA raided his suppliers warehouse for "in-proper labeling" early this week and seized $3,000,000 worth of Kratom. When I spoke to him today he said he's having a hard time sourcing another supplier and his current one has stopped taking phone calls. If you're dependant on kratom I suggest stocking up and starting a taper now or face cold turkey later. I think kratom is going to be scheduled before the end of the year.

Remember folks, anything that cuts into the profits of major pharmaceutical companies can't be allowed. Kratom was banned in its native land because it cut into profits from the opium trade. It'll be banned here because it cuts into the profits from the opioid trade. Can't have a plant around that cost almost nothing when a bunch of people stop showing up to pay $200-$400 a month for suboxone treatment.

Last edited:
Hello, Im new to BL forum. I've been using regular kratom powder for about a year now, and im becoming progressively more curious about stuff like UEI. From what I was able to dig up, enhanced kratom varies greatly from supplier to supplier and feedback on many enhanced strains is not great, so i need the help of someone who s had personal experiences with ultra enhanced kratom. whats the best ultra enhanced currently out there? Is there any chance that ultra enhanced will show up on ua, since some varieties are synthetic and feel way too much like opioids? Can you guys generally tell me what you think of ultra enhanced? Thanks!

Wait, how can they just simply "schedule it".

Doesn't congress have to vote??!!

The DEA and FDA don't make the laws!!

Is it that they are TRYING to it or that they "will rule on it" or that it WILL BE SCHEDULED??

How can it be scheduled without being put to a vote?

Do you guys think this is just going to end up like the times they tried in the past where they will fail or do you think they'll succeed?

And for those of you who have a supply, will you be getting rid of it for fear of being caught with it?

The FDA influences the DEA. The DEA makes drug law and they don't require the full support of Congress to put said laws into effect. Congress would have to put up quite the stink to overturn any final ruling of the DEA. They do in fact have to vote still. Everything I have read suggest it will take place within the first half of 2019 with the back end already secured. Meaning they already have the necessary votes in place to rule what way they want. At this point it's down to schedule 1 or 2. I have stocked up and have no plans to get rid of anything but I only use around 10g per day to help depression and back pain. A typical day being five 2g doses evenly spread throughout. Once scheduled it will be a crime to posses so that's up to the individual.

Looking at your use history you could be expecting something from kratom in which it simply cannot provide. Whether you seek more of an opiate aganist or just plain euphoria their are drugs better suited for such purposes. It may be possible to reset your expectations and simply enjoy it for what it is though. Just as nature intended.