• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Megathread V.6

Vastness I wouldn't expect a mind blowing high off kratom.

First of all the opiate high is not interesting. My favorite drugs are weed and dissociatives which alter perception far more (I ask myself how I got addicted to them sometimes.)

Even with no tolerance the highest I've gotten on kratom would be like a few Vicodin.

I love kratom because it's much better for maintenance than Suboxone in my opinion, much more natural feeling, less depression or sexual side effects, just happier all around.

As a high it's whatever. If I was just getting high wouldn't miss it if banned, but many of us out here using it to manage opiate problems (utter disgrace if banned.)

Got to give it up for Kratom. I went low on sub. jumped off at 2 mgs. last Monday. Today is day 6 and it is doable. I do have gaba and .25 Xanax to help but only 2 weeks worth. I am doing 10 pills a day which I'm cutting down starting tomorrow.

I have been upping my dose since I got a kilo of kratom. I have noticed that no matter how high I dose (8-16g per dose) i dont feel any significant difference in psychological effects. If I dose high, I will be sick less often. But tolerance rises FAST. I am now taking anywhere from 16-32g a day, and I feel the exact same (maybe a LITTLE more sedation and itchiness than usual) as a 8-16g a day dosage. I think I am starting to just spend more money without the physiological and psychological effects of upping my dosage. I am pretty sure I am just wasting money and kratom. The effects seem to level out at about 20g per day.

Anybody have a different experience than me?

^^^ Yeah I know it wouldn't be mind blowing, maybe the wrong term to use - I just meant, like, noticeable basically and in a way better than if something good just happened while I was sober to put me in a good mood.

That said since making that post 2 days ago I've tried dosing 4g this morning and I feel pretty good now indeed. So perhaps it was a dosing issue after all, and redosing just doesn't work so well like MDPV_Psychosis said.

Has anybody experienced kratom withdrawal symptoms WHILE taking it?

I've been taking 40-60 00 capsules a day for about 6 months (I know. It's a lot.)

Last weekend I skipped a dose Friday night and woke up Saturday with unmistakable withdrawal symptoms. I took my morning dose and started to feel better. I was ok through the week. Now the last couple days I've been taking it as usual but I am still having withdrawal symptoms. I'm not taking anything else that would be making me feel this way. I have taken 20 caps around 6 last night and again this morning (average dose for me) but have been experiencing the symptoms since last night.

Kratom has been recognized as an opiate in the U.S atleast its not shedualed(yet) though, i was a heavy opiate addict for 10 years than went to 16mg of sub a day when i walked off the subs finally i found that OPMS liquid kratomand the OPMS gold extracts did work actually its just so much money but it does keep WD at bay with that also it can get someone high but only like taking maybe 15-20mg of perc at best its not that full euphoric feeling but it will helpwith the WD but using it for that reason will also prolong your WD, Kratom does carry a WD with it as well so there is that too, someone that has never done opiates imo would have a feeling of pure bliss like dope feels to someone with tolerance, even though it is legal and easily obtained one should still be careful as it has the same side effects as all opiates its just a mild one

^^ What is the mg content of your capsules?

Impossible to know if it's a lot or not otherwise, the capsules could be 10mg (probably not if they're 00 size I know, maybe nitpicking here, but just making the point that "capsules" are not units of measurement - and therefore not helpful for anyone trying to give you advice, or yourself for keeping your dosage in check).

Has anybody experienced kratom withdrawal symptoms WHILE taking it?

I've been taking 40-60 00 capsules a day for about 6 months (I know. It's a lot.)

Last weekend I skipped a dose Friday night and woke up Saturday with unmistakable withdrawal symptoms. I took my morning dose and started to feel better. I was ok through the week. Now the last couple days I've been taking it as usual but I am still having withdrawal symptoms. I'm not taking anything else that would be making me feel this way. I have taken 20 caps around 6 last night and again this morning (average dose for me) but have been experiencing the symptoms since last night.

1) You might be sick with like the flu or something?

2) The current batch you are taking is crappy quality, or the pills are under dosed, so it's not keeping you well.

3) Or you've been taking larger doses recently and increased your tolerance to the point to where what you consider to be your 'average dose' is now no longer good enough to keep you out of withdrawals.

Last edited:
It's definitely not the flu. I'm certain it's withdrawal. I had a few different kinds and tried a different one this morning with the same results. I tried taking more this morning, thinking maybe my tolerance just went up, but it didn't help. I haven't increased my dose at all, really. It's always pretty much the same.

I don't weigh them to be certain, but it's not extract that I take. I was under the impression that 00 caps were generally .5 mg of kratom. I'm not sure I can be much more specific in regards to "how much" because that's all I've ever gone off of.

I honestly can't afford to taste this anymore. I've tried alot of things.. putting it in tea with honey/yogurt. I find the taste APPALLING

For those worried about it becoming illegal, the supply will always be there for as long as the demand is. Kratom is illegal in the UK and has been for years thanks to the Psychoactive Substances Act but still I can get it delivered to my door tomorrow at the same prices.

Preaching to the choir here but seriously: prohibition doesn't work.

IMO, kratom is a maintenance option.
It gives no more "boost" than a cup of coffee. Hell... ingest 4-8 grams of pure coffee-bean grounds and compare the effects (surely the coffee will give better/worse [depending on ones perspective] side effects than kratom).
These posts (arguably) make the case for kratom being a substance that cannot be abused or used as a DOC. If abused, the outcome is not desirable and may cause the user to abstain from ingesting the plant in the future. If the user does enjoy the mega-dose; the love is short lived and the chase will come to an dissatisfying conclusion: As always.
As addicts; it is natural to look for new drugs to replace and/or add to our substances of choice. Kratom obviously is not a valid option.
It would appear that the "rave" regarding kratom is from those who suffer debilitating conditions (PTSD, pain, anxiety, withdrawals, diabetic nerve issues, depression, fatigue, chronic cough etc.......). Most who see kratom as having little to no value as a recreational drug are correct and usually know what recreational drug use is about. <-- this would include yours truly
Intravenous kratom? GTFOH! This would truly be laughable if it weren't for the source of the mis-information and goal of it's intent.

Edit:
I honestly can't afford to taste this anymore. I've tried alot of things.. putting it in tea with honey/yogurt. I find the taste APPALLING

Fu***** killing me! Hahahahahahahahahah
Thanks

Last edited:
Do you guys seriously buy capsule thingies online somewhere and dose it that way? I like kratom and it keeps me off oxy but the taste makes me want to kill myself. I literally gag everytime. The taste depletes my motivation for life. I have tasted some awful things in my life but I'm finding kratom to be top 1.

I do find the withdrawals from kratom to be much more tolerable (mentally) than stronger opies

Do you guys seriously buy capsule thingies online somewhere and dose it that way? I like kratom and it keeps me off oxy but the taste makes me want to kill myself. I literally gag everytime. The taste depletes my motivation for life. I have tasted some awful things in my life but I'm finding kratom to be top 1.

I do find the withdrawals from kratom to be much more tolerable (mentally) than stronger opies

I don't buy pre-made capsules as they are usually over priced. It's much better money wise to buy the kratom powder and capsules separately. It's a pain in the ass and very time consuming to fill the capsules yourself though. They do sell capsule filling machines that supposedly make this process easier but I've never used one so can't comment.

Personally I just make kratom parachutes. With a square of toilet or tissue paper, you can fold up to 1/2 tbsp worth of kratom and then swallow it down along with a drink of something. You won't taste any kratom this way and it's very fast/easy to do. Just make as many parachutes as needed for your dose. Don't make them too big or they can be too difficult to swallow.

You can also get good enough with the toss and wash method where you don't really taste the kratom very much if you do it correctly. Takes a bit of experimentation and practice to get the proper technique down.

I like your parachute idea. Sorry if supremlely dumb question but why is filling your own capsules time consuming? They range in size don't they? but I will have to look into that.

I like your parachute idea. Sorry if supremlely dumb question but why is filling your own capsules time consuming? They range in size don't they? but I will have to look into that.

Yea they range in size. Even the largest size, size 000, can probably hold up to somewhere around 750mg to 1g each. Dependa on density of powder and how full the capsule is packed.

So for someone who takes like 5 grams three times a day, for example, they would need to fill like 15-20 capsules a day. It's a pain in the ass and it's messy trying to fill each capsule one by one by hand. Seems easy on the surface but once you actually try doing it yourself you see it's annoying as hell.

So, in this example, this guy taking 5g/3 times a day, needs to either make up 15-20 capsules each and every day or spend hours every so often making large batches.

The capsule filling machines probably makes this much more bearable but never tried using one so I can't say for sure.

First day after kratom taper, I did it very well (2 teaspooons or so total yesterday) and I'm basically fine, no sweats, goosebumps if anything a little cold.

(This is after years of opiate use, probably a year since last being off anything/dopesick.)