• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Megathread V.6

^ it?s not just tolerance, it?s also sensitivity. I personally need 20mg of hydros to ?feel? anything.
Kratom tips: empty stomach, plenty of water, avoid cigarettes, 4 hours in eat a little something (not a lot).
I post this because lately small doses (2-4grams) just give me headaches. And I?m short of supply for good recommendations

Personally, I find it nice to have a smallish meal about 20-30 minutes after taking Kratom. It seems to help me avoid the dreaded ?wobbles? compared to keeping my stomach empty for hours after ingestion.
Also, I made a post a while back about supplementing with agmatine sulfate to keep tolerance at bay and said substance has proven to be a great potentiator. Kratom already seems pretty self limiting for me so tolerance really doesn?t grow that fast to begin with but the NDMA antagonist action of agmatine should work against tolerance in the long run. I just wanted to share that it definitely seems to ramp up the mood boost/pain relief when taking 1g with 5gs of Kratom two times a day.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what strain gives the best euphoria? I keep finding conflicting answers online. I?m not trying to take for energy or pain relief. I?m looking strictly for euphoria that is similarly found in opiates. Thank you

Can anyone tell me what strain gives the best euphoria? I keep finding conflicting answers online. I?m not trying to take for energy or pain relief. I?m looking strictly for euphoria that is similarly found in opiates. Thank you

That's really a hard question to answer because most people, me included, think strains are not consistent across vendor.

Honestly, I don't usually notice that much of a difference between ANY strains, almost ever.

I entertain the idea of taking new strains cause I love Kratom and why not, but basically, they almost all have the same effect for me.

Others will say they get more out of certain strains than others, but it's common for what one vendor calls Green Malay to be another vendors Green Borneo or one vendors White Maeng Da is anothers White Borneo or whatever.

Some people will say otherwise, but I honestly don't think strains are radically different from eachother, and I get euphoria from most strains of quality Kratom from most quality vendors.

I find that from most vendors Bali has the best mood-lift(wouldn’t quite call it euphoria). I like Bali because it’s usually a mix of a couple different types of Kratom, it has a full spectrum feel. The post above me is quite accurate. The effects are more dependent on the color of the vein rather than the strain. Red is relaxing, white is more stimulating and green is somewhere in between. Though I do find that certain Reds can have different effects. While Red Horn for instance is still relaxing it is much more stimulating than say Red Borneo (if it comes from the right vendor).

I know it varies per person. However, how many grams does it take generally? I?ve tried Kratom capsules numerous times. On empty stomach even, I?ve taken as low as 5 capsules and even up to 14 capsules but never felt anything. No sedation, no euphoria. The bottles are 70 capsules with 44 grams overall according to the label. I?ve been using opiates for years, so I?m sure that?s contributing. But, I would think I?d feel SOMETHING by now. So I ask again, what dosing should I try?

I know it varies per person. However, how many grams does it take generally?
I still employ 2 gram doses throughout the day.
My adventure started out at .75 gram and rose to 1 gram 4-5 times a day (as needed). Worked great for months. Past 4-5 months I have been at 2 grams 4-5 times a day (as needed) and am holding steady. Been on the plant for a little over a year is my estimate. Although my use (IMO) is for basic maintenance... I still get a little of the ol' "head-high" when I dose close together.
As posted here and elsewhere ad nausea: Everyone is going to experience any and everything in a different manner. Guess it would depend on what effect one was reaching for and any number of other factors including but not limited to:
Weight and general mental/physical health of said individual. Tolerance to opis. Physically active vs sedentary lifestyle.
If subject was "on" any other substances while dosing kratom: I find that mixing opiate and kratom negate each other... to me it is a waste to mix them at all... just my experience.
For the record:
Male @ 52 yrs
195lbs
very active
physically fit
eat somewhat healthy
mental state can be debated
on no other opi or benz (my favorites) just tree.

I know it varies per person. However, how many grams does it take generally? I?ve tried Kratom capsules numerous times. On empty stomach even, I?ve taken as low as 5 capsules and even up to 14 capsules but never felt anything. No sedation, no euphoria. The bottles are 70 capsules with 44 grams overall according to the label. I?ve been using opiates for years, so I?m sure that?s contributing. But, I would think I?d feel SOMETHING by now. So I ask again, what dosing should I try?

I find taking Kratom in capsules greatly diminishes the effects. Maybe it?s placebo but not only does it take longer to kick in, the overall effects are weaker. Not to mention that if you are buying pre-made capsules you are likely paying 10x more the going rate for a LB/KG. I prefer mixing 5-6 grams with a half cup of OJ/grapefruit juice in a protein shaker or an empty plastic bottle. Kicks in faster and is all around a better experience. Of course there is a chance you have weak leaf, always good to try different vendors until you find something that suits your needs.

Well fuck me my post didn?t go through I got logged out after hitting reply so Im not typing out all that shit. Fuck you.

Kratom wears off after two hours and then everything annoys the fuck out of me and I snap at people. It happens almost out of nowhere. I was fine, posting on social media then I got real self conscious about what I say / almost ocd like. Exact same thing happened to me yesterday at the 2:00h mark. I was also on social media. Same website.
I?m using the most relaxing strain and supposedly longest lasting
Do you have to redose several times a day? I thought it would be cool if I took it once in the morning and be able to ride through rest of the day off my Kratom buzz. Sadly this isn?t the case.

Last edited:
Well fuck me my post didn?t go through I got logged out after hitting reply so Im not typing out all that shit. Fuck you.

Kratom wears off after two hours and then everything annoys the fuck out of me and I snap at people. It happens almost out of nowhere. I was fine, posting on social media then I got real self conscious about what I say / almost ocd like. Exact same thing happened to me yesterday at the 2:00h mark. I was also on social media. Same website.
I?m using the most relaxing strain and supposedly longest lasting
Do you have to redose several times a day? I thought it would be cool if I took it once in the morning and be able to ride through rest of the day off my Kratom buzz. Sadly this isn?t the case.
That’s a typical reaction to any opioid-like substance. They sometimes make one feel empathetic and blissful while simultaneously making one act downright bitchy.

This stuff is literal fucking garbage. Dosed this morning - no effect. Not only do I wake up in the mornings feeling worse now with horrible headache and random chest pain, but after I dose, It gives me side effects; nausea. Absolutely got no effect from it. Not going to increase the dose and ingest more grams of this poison. Even when it did work, it was a 2 hour duration (no tolerance) and then you feel like crap. For something that?s supposed to help with pain, Kratom made physical exercise worse. I felt weaker and more fatigued. Gonna throw it in the trash. The Indonesians probably wipe their asses with kratom leaves. What a cheap dirty crap.

This stuff is literal fucking garbage. Dosed this morning - no effect. Not only do I wake up in the mornings feeling worse now with horrible headache and random chest pain, but after I dose, It gives me side effects; nausea. Absolutely got no effect from it. Not going to increase the dose and ingest more grams of this poison. Even when it did work, it was a 2 hour duration (no tolerance) and then you feel like crap. For something that?s supposed to help with pain, Kratom made physical exercise worse. I felt weaker and more fatigued. Gonna throw it in the trash. The Indonesians probably wipe their asses with kratom leaves. What a cheap dirty crap.

First off, don't call it poison, because there's ZERO evidence that Kratom is toxic.

2nd, How many vendors have you tried and how many strains have you tried to be thinking it's "garbage" so quickly?

By your post count, I'd guess you also don't have that much experience with Kratom.

Do you buy it at head shops or online? Cause head shops are notorious for selling weak Kratom.

Now, there are certain people who it just simply doesn't work for because honestly, for most drugs there is someone out there who it doesn't work for.

I've met people who weed doesn't work for, people who caffeine doesn't work for, etc...it's usually a HUGE exception and most drugs work for most people, but you could be a rare type who gets no effect from it.

That said, I very much doubt you are and bet you haven't tried good Kratom and just buy really weak stuff from headshops and haven't done it many times. Also, when people aren't used to Kratom they get more side effects. When I was new to Kratom I got some unpleasant side effects that I have never gotten again since. Many times people's body's will adapt to it.

And Kratom only works 2 hours for you?

Someone else said that too.

That's weird cause me and most people I have talked to get 4 hours out of it but AT LEAST 3.

Anyways, just cause you don't like it doesn't make it crap.

Kratom is my favorite herb and drug of all time and gives me great effects.

People should remember that just cause they don't like something doesn't mean it's shit.

If Kratom really was ineffective then no one would like it.

So either you are using weak stuff or are just a rare type who doesn't respond well, but Kratom is an excellent herb with all kinds of great uses.

Last edited:
Nigella sativa is a great kratom potentiator. I just toss and wash nigella seeds before kratom and the difference is definitely there.

Maybe it was mentioned before with nigella oil or something, seeds work too.

Do you find that it works well enough that you need less Kratom?

If so I would like to try some.

I don't know how people who have used Kratom for so long never end up escalating their doses.

For me, all I need to do is try a higher dose 2-3 times and it becomes my new dose and lower doses have weaker effects, and I have found through personal experience it can take MONTHS off for my tolerance to go down.

Others will say that their goes down within weeks or even days, but not me.

If I could take something else to need less that would be great.

^One of the things I love about Kratom is that for me it is very much self regulating. I have basically been taking the same 5 gram doses since 2011. If I’m in serious pain I’ll up it to 6. Of course, this may have to do with my past abuse of NDMA antagonists such as ketamine/MXE and current supplementation of agmatine sulfate, all of which are supposed to act as neuromodulators and should negate tolerance to some extent. Though it probably has more to do with shopping around and finding the best kratom.

HR Edit: By no means am I advocating the abuse of ketamine or mxe as they did a lot of damage. Agmatine seems pretty benign. I do have some Memantine that I will be reporting on soon. Unlike agmatine it actually acts as a dissociative but should be much more functional than the ket/mxe. Just gotta watch out for that ridiculous half life!

Last edited:
Someone mentioned the strains are stronger when purchasing online? Where should one buy it online from to get more potent strains? I?ve only bought it from local smoke shops

First off, don't call it poison, because there's ZERO evidence that Kratom is toxic.

2nd, How many vendors have you tried and how many strains have you tried to be thinking it's "garbage" so quickly?

By your post count, I'd guess you also don't have that much experience with Kratom.

Do you buy it at head shops or online? Cause head shops are notorious for selling weak Kratom.

Now, there are certain people who it just simply doesn't work for because honestly, for most drugs there is someone out there who it doesn't work for.

I've met people who weed doesn't work for, people who caffeine doesn't work for, etc...it's usually a HUGE exception and most drugs work for most people, but you could be a rare type who gets no effect from it.

That said, I very much doubt you are and bet you haven't tried good Kratom and just buy really weak stuff from headshops and haven't done it many times. Also, when people aren't used to Kratom they get more side effects. When I was new to Kratom I got some unpleasant side effects that I have never gotten again since. Many times people's body's will adapt to it.

And Kratom only works 2 hours for you?

Someone else said that too.

That's weird cause me and most people I have talked to get 4 hours out of it but AT LEAST 3.

Anyways, just cause you don't like it doesn't make it crap.

Kratom is my favorite herb and drug of all time and gives me great effects.

People should remember that just cause they don't like something doesn't mean it's shit.

If Kratom really was ineffective then no one would like it.

So either you are using weak stuff or are just a rare type who doesn't respond well, but Kratom is an excellent herb with all kinds of great uses.

Are you a Kratom vendor by any chance? Don?t worry, my non-bias report won?t put a dent on your sales. I?m glad It works for you, but I would be careful about it?s long term effect on your brain/body down the line. Any drug that affects the serotonin receptors should not be taken lightly.

Are you a Kratom vendor by any chance? Don?t worry, my non-bias report won?t put a dent on your sales. I?m glad It works for you, but I would be careful about it?s long term effect on your brain/body down the line. Any drug that affects the serotonin receptors should not be taken lightly.

No I'm not.

I don't think Kratom has much effect on serotonin.

If it did, it would probably be an issue that every time I have taken it I have been on either Lexapro or Prozac.

What do you know about its long term effects on your brain and body?

So far, from what I have heard, there is no evidence of long term permanent damage that Kratom causes.

There isn't solid proof it CAN'T cause long term damage, but there is no damage it CAN.

I can tell you one think, it has FAR fewer negative long term effects than alcohol or tobacco.

If you've got any sources to definitively prove it has negative long term effects then please link them.

Hey, to any mods or more knowledgable people on here:

Does Kratom have proven negative effects on serotonin or proven long term negative effects overall as far as we know??

Well fuck me I need to respect Kratom more.
I took 7g in yoghurt the other day at lunch time.
It was the day after I took MDMA, Ketamine, Kratom, couple of beers and some F-phenibut.

I'm opiate naive. My god I felt so nauseous after eating a little food I could have crashed out if I didn't have work to do at home. Puked big time. I'm putting it down to a heavy day the day previous but I'm going to respect Kratom more. Haha