Ketamine has LITERALLY let me time travel: but now I'm stuck here

All kidding aside, I agree that if you're not trolling, OP, that you're certainly experiencing a pervasive delusion. It doesn't mean you're mentally ill, but it's not healthy.

The word "certainly" in that sentence is very definite. To me "certainly" means you are certain beyond any shadow of a doubt that something is 100% a particular way.

What makes you "certain" I'm experiencing a pervasive delusion?

Ive followed this entire thread with some interest, and I still believe that the OP is having extreme temporal cognition issues from ketamine. His unwillingness to entertain that possibility is amusing, but concerning. At the very least, OP, you might take an agnostic perspective on all this. The anxiety cant be worth it.

I've actually entertained it a number of times.
I've accepted it as a possibility, and if you have anything constructive to add you're welcome. Amuse me.

But it stands to reason that if this is a hallucinatory dissociative effect there is no harm to be done in entertaining the idea of "what if?". That surely by definition is taking the agnostic approach, I do not know and am exploring possibilities.

If the truth is that ketamine can sedate your body and allow your mind to astral project, it would stand to reason that there's a lot of potential exploration to be done here. Also outside the confines of this discussion, I refuse to believe that we are the biggest thing in the universe. Hermetics has taught us nothing it's that the micro and macro are linked; the genesis pattern shows that creation repeats as it gets larger (the universe, not creationism).

In layman's terms: If you hallucinate someone pointing a gun at you you're safe, if someone points a gun at you you're in danger;
Doesn't mean every time you see someone pointing a gun at you you assume you're hallucinating.

..You're also assuming I'm male.

I've experienced time going backwards once on LSD and nitrous oxide, it lasted a number of minutes and made me think I had gone insane.

Do you mean you saw things as if they were a Vcr being rewound?
Or act C happened then act B, then act A?

If it's the former, that begs the question, if you are seeing things happen around you in reverse, and everyone else is seeing them in real-time, what are "our" perspectives?
Assuming you didn't witness something, then seperately in your mind replay that in your head in reverse while other stuff was going on around you; how would we determine the constant in that scenario?
I'm sure that's a nobel winning answer, if anyone finds one.

Okay so you're right, I can't be 100% certain. But I think it's much more likely that you're experiencing a delusion than that you have really time traveled. I've experienced some crazy shit on dissociatives in particular. When exploring psychedelics and dissociatives, it's really important to maintain the highest amount of skepticism possible.

Nothing you have laid out in your explanations seems to me to add up to a full story. Although you also don't seem like you're having a psychotic episode or anything.

The word "certainly" in that sentence is very definite. To me "certainly" means you are certain beyond any shadow of a doubt that something is 100% a particular way.

What makes you "certain" I'm experiencing a pervasive delusion?

I've actually entertained it a number of times.
I've accepted it as a possibility, and if you have anything constructive to add you're welcome. Amuse me.

But it stands to reason that if this is a hallucinatory dissociative effect there is no harm to be done in entertaining the idea of "what if?". That surely by definition is taking the agnostic approach, I do not know and am exploring possibilities.

If the truth is that ketamine can sedate your body and allow your mind to astral project, it would stand to reason that there's a lot of potential exploration to be done here. Also outside the confines of this discussion, I refuse to believe that we are the biggest thing in the universe. Hermetics has taught us nothing it's that the micro and macro are linked; the genesis pattern shows that creation repeats as it gets larger (the universe, not creationism).

In layman's terms: If you hallucinate someone pointing a gun at you you're safe, if someone points a gun at you you're in danger;
Doesn't mean every time you see someone pointing a gun at you you assume you're hallucinating.

..You're also assuming I'm male.

Do you mean you saw things as if they were a Vcr being rewound?
Or act C happened then act B, then act A?

If it's the former, that begs the question, if you are seeing things happen around you in reverse, and everyone else is seeing them in real-time, what are "our" perspectives?
Assuming you didn't witness something, then seperately in your mind replay that in your head in reverse while other stuff was going on around you; how would we determine the constant in that scenario?
I'm sure that's a nobel winning answer, if anyone finds one.

[hear me out in this post, I try to not make it too complicated with the physics, don't skip it all pls]

It was like a VCR going in reverse.

It was a hallucination of sorts, an illusion, you can't theorize and calculate with that. I don't understand what kind of constant you are looking for. It's the temporal senses getting messed with by changes in activity and coherence in the brain, just like everything a drug like LSD does. I was not arguing that it's the same as the AI thing, just trying to make a point about subjectively experiencing something differently, not things actually being different. I think you may be missing an important point here: time was not going in reverse during that trip, my experience of it was. It is a subjective experience anyway that in extreme cases can be tinkered with like that.
It's not right to assume explanations that break the laws of physics instead.

(As said before by the way, time is a measure of entropy which refers to disorder in a system, like grains of sand in the desert spread out is disorder and them making up a sand castle is order. The tendency is towards disorder: a sand castle will fall apart into the desert again, not the other way around. That kind of change makes our arrow of time, if you look at disorder decreasing then you are looking at time in reverse, it's just a way of looking in one of two possible directions. What I meant with the AI was that you can perhaps fool it by simulating entropy going the other way. For the mind it's different, you would have to look at theories of deja vu like misfiring and timing between short term memory and long term memory or recognition.)
Time can be really strange when the mind is concerned, for example it lags behind. You can set up an experiment where your decisions can apparently be predicted by reading brain activity, this is just because of the delay of the mind: a decision was already made, but your mind comes later with turning that into an experience that you decided something. If you wouldn't explain this to a participant of the experiment they might think that the machine knows the future but that is not true. The mind actually creates a lot of illusions to try and account for everything, to be able to process and turn it into a 'movie' that makes sense to you.

I've said it, too: your explanation does not add up to a full story. For us to consider your argument, it needs to be substantiated to be credible. It seems like we offer credible alternative explanations but you don't seem to be considering them so seriously. I wonder why?

A big mistake (also with the gun pointed at you argument) is to conclude that every explanation or possibility is equally likely or credible. Having a gun pointed at you is uncommon, at least I hope it is for all of you, but it doesn't violate any laws of physics or anything like that so it is not too unlikely or incredible. If it did violate such laws, then yeah especially with hallucinogenic drugs involved it would be much more likely that it is your mind playing tricks on you.

Look at your thread title, does that seem as innocent as 'entertaining a possibility'? It seems more like you are convinced by it.

Us being the biggest thing in the universe or not is really vague. No we don't know everything or possibly even *that* much about the universe, but again this does not make every single possibility you can think of equally likely, even if being agnostic is more wise than being dogmatic. I think you need to understand better what skepticism is and how it works.
Yes, microcosm and microcosm are reflected in each other but what does that have to do with anything? You can't use such things being impressive as an argument to make any random notion more credible or likely. That's exactly the kind of thing that *could* drive a person crazy or deluded because they would basically be open to believing anything. How is that helpful rather than getting you very lost?

Some years ago I have gotten very 'open minded' when I tripped on acid every week for a year. I did not go psychotic, but displayed similar tendencies as you: I became too open minded. It didn't seem to me like being too open minded could be a bad thing, surely a lot of us associate being open minded with inherently positive things. However what happened was that I started entertaining theories trying to connect new age notions of quantum mechanics and psychology and spirituality etc being connected. It's not that there is zero connection, but I did not test my ideas skeptically anymore. I wanted to believe in things that I had no way of knowing, I had no good reason for considering them. That doesn't make for a theory, just semi random ideas that seem mindblowing. Later I actually tested my ideas skeptically, by checking what I actually understand and knew, by checking how vague or concrete the ideas were. I discarded a lot of them but not all, I guess.

In any case it seems like you truly need to apply some balance and fairness like that, skepticism. It's not just a word or one that means closed-minded, it is a method to fairly test ideas and theories on their true merit, so that you can separate fact from fantasy, truth from bullshit, or just leave something as unknowable. It's what you should do if you are interested in the truth rather than amazement. You wouldn't just go for 'unknowable' because of some misplaced humility about our knowledge. If you have to admit that the reasons for believing the time travel story are flawed, it's not worth anything but putting it aside.

:)

Last edited:
Strangelove, I'm not sure if anyone has brought up this point yet, but surely if you time-traveled back to 2010, you would be able to meet your former self, and even shake hands with yourself. Did you do that?

Strangelove, I don't think most people on this forum are going to be able to help you and it is futile to go on discussing it.

There is a notion that you cannot discuss enlightenment with unenlightened minds or in this case the intellectual man who is still far too bound to the impermanent materialistic experience not realising the higher permanent realities within and armed with skepticism (a handy tool of the lower rational mind) will just say you are delusional and hallucinated, but drugs do give one the sight of the planes albeit distorted/drunk sighted. I'm not saying you are enlightened, but you have experienced drug induced visions and interactions with structures beyond this immediate realm that are nothing new in the occult and experienced by many human beings and beings within this time and realm -without the use of drugs. What is spirituality? It is the understanding of universal systems & structures that exist beyond rational empiricism and one's human senses including the lower mind, the only empiricism being the collective personal experience of thousands of souls in this time.

The good news is that drug induced experiences are essentially empty or left hand, they will not have a profound effect on changing your subconscious and 0 effect on your higher self (they will however affect your mind or lower mind), any pact or deal or experience you made in such a state are in essence hollow, so while your mind is going around in circles trying to rationalize the experience you must understand that you were in a different state of consciousness due to the dissociation of your consciousness and mind, and you have returned to your former state of consciousness with the added benefit that your awareness of your situation has been expanded - this is the therapy of entheogenic experiences be they drug induced or other. The problem is that these higher states of consciousness and experiences not only are relatively extremely brief (particularly when on drugs) but have been compounded in a way that cannot be explained by your lower mind which dominates your consciousness while in this realm & body and the error is in your rationalisation, you also cannot be held account to higher experiences unless that consciousness becomes permanent within you which drugs cannot do, you only account for what you do and are in this realm. For example one might allude to Muhammad the founder of Islam since his higher experiences while not drug induced were erroneously interpreted and acted out by his lower mind and achieved no permanency in his consciousness - the results were disasterous he is judged not for his passing spiritual experiences (many of which appear to be lower unenlightened phenomena anyway) but for his actions in this world which were pretty horrific/animalistic.

I don't expect many people on this forum to understand what I've written, but those who know certainly will and subjects like these by nature should not be discussed in public.

That's enough from my quarter, I pm'd you with some pointers, good luck.

Last edited:
Hello,

If I were a doctor (which I am not), I would advise you to orally ingest a high dose of Haloperidol (I would recommend somewhere between 30 and 50 milligrams) two times dailly, preferably in combination with high doses of Quetiapine and/or Olanzapine, and you will one day wake up and find that you are not in a time-loop any longer.

I am almost positive that this would be beneficial in regards to solving the problem your are currently facing.

Also, recreational drugs of any kind should be avoided at all costs, especially NMDA-antagonists, cannabinoids, hallucinogens/psychedelics and stimulants that are know to cause psychosis! In fact, I would even go so far as to even avoid coffee and especially nicotine, since the latter has some NMDA-antagonistic properties in and of itself.

Something you should also is go and talk to a medical professional, like a psychiatrist for instance. I am not saying that you are mentally ill, but tell them what you told us here and I can assure you that they:

• Will not ridicule you in any way;
  • Will treat you with the respect you deserve;
  • Will be extremely interested in what you have to say;
  • Have to abide by doctor-patient confidentiality;

There even is a big chance that they can provide you with useful information for getting you out of the loop you're stuck in. Also, they are able to change the medication that you take, for instance by adding Risperdal to the medication I suggested you to take. After all, what do you have to loose, apart from some time and money?

You're not a nutcase, and don't make anyone believe that you are. If you want to talk to someone, feel free to send me a PM. As you can see, I am not a very active user on this forum, but I do read here a lot, and if needed I will try and make some time as soon as I can to talk to you through the private communication channel that forums like these provide.

Best regards,
Antiborax

Strangelove, I'm not sure if anyone has brought up this point yet, but surely if you time-traveled back to 2010, you would be able to meet your former self, and even shake hands with yourself. Did you do that?
I think he means that he went back in time as if his mind was reset to the point it was in in 2010. Not like you're stepping into a rocket, fly faster than the speed of time, and go back in time that way.

You're probably mistaking his experience for Einstein's theory of relativity... I have the impression that you're just trying to sound like a flaccid phallus here. Don't be a flaccid phallus, man. Actually, don't be a phallus at all.

It makes people think you're a cock...

Its not real. Dissociatives really mess with your temporal awareness. You arent time travelling. Trust me.
Why should he trust you? Why are you so sure what he saying isn't real? Are you an expert on the matter of time travel?

If so: please, enlighten me. Englighten us all!

I will settle for one shred of evidence that what OP is saying, is wrong.

I'm on your side man. You do have to have quite a belief in yourself if you experience any seriously strange shit on drugs... it's so, SO easy to just take the standard medical route an go "It's short term drug induced psychosis, it's not real". I work in the medical field, and mostly trust it... but when it comes to the mind (specifically the mind, not the brain, which we understand a LOT more about), there's a serious lack of solid knowledge, particularly with regards to mental health. There's a lot of pigeon-holing, and lot of blanket diagnosis. And of course, zero regard for anything spiritual or supernatural. It's taken a group of doctors YEARS of persuasion to get hospitals on board with a study looking into awareness during cardiac arrest and subsequent resuscitation attempts (particularly interviewing those who survive as to their experience). Medicine says that during cardiac arrest, the brain is starved of oxygen even with decent CPR, and a patient with a score of 3 on the Glasgow Coma Scale is unlikely to remember anything. That couldn't be further from the truth... just because you can perform very unpleasant procedures like intubation, or even massive emergency surgery like an open thoracotomy (please don't google that term if you're at all squeamish) with no reaction from the patient doesn't mean they aren't aware of what's going on. Clearly that needs study... my point is, be careful of medicine. Sometimes it's more like an art than a science, especially on the fringes of knowledge.

I've used Ketamine for just over a year now, as part of a healthy lifestyle (both mentally and physically). I have no history of mental health issues, nor does it run in my family, and I take no medications. The 500mg I use roughly every 10 weeks (over the course of a weekend) has only strengthened my belief that some recreational substances allow access to some really strange spiritual places. Keep in mind I'm a man of medicine and science, who would FAR rather believe in something concrete and provable... I've had to make alterations to the way I think about the world, and particularly spirituality as a result of moderate Ketamine use, as well as experimenting with Nitrous Oxide combined with hypoxia/hypercarbia as a semi-reliable trigger for the phenomenon known as the "near death experience" (under close supervision I might add, not something I would advocate anyone trying themselves). You do have to draw a line somewhere. Where do you say "screw the world, I know what I'm experiencing", and where do you give in and go "forget it, it's just a hallucination". I've had truly moving and life changing experiences that have given me what feels like a tiny insight into life after death, and dare I say it, life before life, but it's beyond me to put such things into words easily.

I'll leave you with this. My father has spent 40+ years of his life trying to understand consciousness, travelling the world to hear the teachings of various religions and spiritual leaders. He spent quite some time travelling with with Maharishi Yogi, and my parents were both teachers of Transcendental Meditation when I was born. They split up when I was young, and neither taught meditation for much longer afterwards. I've never taken much interest at all in meditation, nor religion. I don't subscribe to anything at all, beyond feeling there is simply "something". My father has dedicated most of his time to understanding consciousness and the nature of what I suppose most people would call the "soul". He doesn't subscribe to any particular beliefs, and simply makes up his own mind as to what makes sense, and what doesn't. When I described as best I could what Ketamine feels like (the K hole, reached with 110mg of pure Ketamine, via IM injection), he was quite amused. While he would certainly prefer I use natural methods to achieve such states, he told me that I had essentially described consciousness. Being pure consciousness. Being at one with everything, all at once. Given that Ketamine apparently severs the link between mind and body (leaving the body running autonomously, since Ketamine sedation leaves a person able to manage their own airway), it is fair to assume that if a "soul" exists, that too is freed from the body: a VERY similar concept to extremely deep states of meditation. If someone like that, with such an open and diverse understanding of consciousness says that Ketamine is doing something quite incredible, that's enough for me.

All I can say is something my father told me, which has always stuck with me through my experiences. He said "Son, just remember that you're gaining answers to questions that you don't understand, make sure you can handle the knowledge you're exposed to". He's right. Imagine putting the "soul" of an ant into a human body... the sensory overload that ant would feel. It would suddenly have a brain 280,000 times as heavy as it's own body weight. Concepts like love, society, money, the complexities of human relationships, sex, culture, music all suddenly there to comprehend. How on earth would that ant feel? Understanding a world of knowledge in an instant. Now put the "soul" back in the ant, with 40 times less brain cells, and no sentience. If an ant could think, it would think "woah, that was weird... better get back to chopping up leaves". You are the ant. Don't beat yourself up if you don't understand things, just take a break from drugs for a few weeks or months, and come back with a fresh mind. There's only so much that you can experience in such a short time before it all goes straight over your head.

Haloperidol?! Give me a break... why don't you just lock him up and slap him on a course of electroconvulsive therapy while you're at it! Poor guy, he'd probably end up getting sectioned by many doctors, all because he took a (very interesting and misunderstood) drug and is now thinking outside the box a little... mental health a massively open to interpretation. The top resuscitation experts in the world can't even decide if Adrenaline increases the cardiac arrest survival (to hospital discharge) rate, or actually harms the patient, and artificially forces the heart towards a dangerously fragile Return Of Spontaneous Circulation... shit tons of good CPR might be better, and clinical trials are ongoing. But is Adrenaline given today in most places, just in case? You bet! "Here, have some antipsychotics, just in case... you're sort of ticking crazy boxes" isn't an answer anyone needs. If medical experts can't make their minds up about the most simple of treatments without decades of clinical trials... its fair to say that anything to do with mental health has a LOT of (very calculated) guesswork involved. Trust me, you do NOT want to end up being on the end of a forced stay in a mental health unit without a damn good reason. As an outside observer, I've felt better vibes inside most prisons than in mental health units. Anyone who's been sectioned will know exactly what I mean.

lol, I'd much rather have one shred of evidence that what he's saying is true
grin.gif

You won't get any... there is none. Just like many scientific theories, and the basis of most religions, or spiritual beliefs. Part of the intrigue is the very fact that you can't show your own experiences directly to others!

Strangelove, I don't think most people on this forum are going to be able to help you and it is futile to go on discussing it.

There is a notion that you cannot discuss enlightenment with unenlightened minds or in this case the intellectual man who is still far too bound to the impermanent materialistic experience not realising the higher permanent realities within and armed with skepticism (a handy tool of the lower rational mind) will just say you are delusional and hallucinated, but drugs do give one the sight of the planes albeit distorted/drunk sighted. I'm not saying you are enlightened, but you have experienced drug induced visions and interactions with structures beyond this immediate realm that are nothing new in the occult and experienced by many human beings and beings within this time and realm -without the use of drugs. What is spirituality? It is the understanding of universal systems & structures that exist beyond rational empiricism and one's human senses including the lower mind, the only empiricism being the collective personal experience of thousands of souls in this time.

The good news is that drug induced experiences are essentially empty or left hand, they will not have a profound effect on changing your subconscious and 0 effect on your higher self (they will however affect your mind or lower mind), any pact or deal or experience you made in such a state are in essence hollow, so while your mind is going around in circles trying to rationalize the experience you must understand that you were in a different state of consciousness due to the dissociation of your consciousness and mind, and you have returned to your former state of consciousness with the added benefit that your awareness of your situation has been expanded - this is the therapy of entheogenic experiences be they drug induced or other. The problem is that these higher states of consciousness and experiences not only are relatively extremely brief (particularly when on drugs) but have been compounded in a way that cannot be explained by your lower mind which dominates your consciousness while in this realm & body and the error is in your rationalisation, you also cannot be held account to higher experiences unless that consciousness becomes permanent within you which drugs cannot do, you only account for what you do and are in this realm. For example one might allude to Muhammad the founder of Islam since his higher experiences while not drug induced were erroneously interpreted and acted out by his lower mind and achieved no permanency in his consciousness - the results were disasterous he is judged not for his passing spiritual experiences (many of which appear to be lower unenlightened phenomena anyway) but for his actions in this world which were pretty horrific/animalistic.

I don't expect many people on this forum to understand what I've written, but those who know certainly will and subjects like these by nature should not be discussed in public.

That's enough from my quarter, I pm'd you with some pointers, good luck.

Wow, why you, the "enlightened people", need to be always in top of the universe and everybody else, and also always claim to have got the ultimate truth in their hands, without discussion?

It's fun, 100% of spiritual people I know are a bunch of impressionable people that like to put absurd theories and reasoning on what it's only a chemical reaction. They like to have everything under control, and they doesn't like at all not having a fucked up explanation for everything.

I've had a lot of "spiritual" experiences both on drugs and sober along my life, but I can always bind those experiences to chemical changes on my mind.

OP needs some help, and encouraging his believings with some spiritual bullshit will just reinforce him and make it worse.

I have the impression that you're just trying to sound like a flaccid phallus here. Don't be a flaccid phallus, man. Actually, don't be a phallus at all.

I suspected my inquiry might have come off as rude. I apologize if it did. Frankly I'm trying to use basic logic to help Strangelove debunk the possibility of drug-induced time travel.

My point is, your mind is a function of your body, so your mind can't really time travel without your body coming along for the ride!

you're gaining answers to questions that you don't understand

Steel_Raven's post is spot on, spot on and the statement above is a concise way of summarizing what I was trying to convey in my post, you are experiencing higher consciousness very briefly and in a distorted manner due to the drugs, then implanting that experience back into the lower mind of a human which is incapable or unprepared to carry that consciousness, the ant-human analogy is very apt, if you as an ant went into the consciousness of a human you would not upon returning into the consciousness of an ant be responsible for what you saw briefly with your consciousness as a human, no matter how real it was.

You won't get any... there is none. Just like many scientific theories, and the basis of most religions, or spiritual beliefs. Part of the intrigue is the very fact that you can't show your own experiences directly to others!

Precisely, precisely it's exactly what I was saying when I wrote the following below.

What is spirituality? It is the understanding of universal systems & structures that exist beyond rational empiricism and one's human senses including the lower mind, the only empiricism being the collective personal experience of thousands of souls in this time.

Wow, why you, the "enlightened people", need to be always in top of the universe and everybody else, and also always claim to have got the ultimate truth in their hands, without discussion?

It's fun, 100% of spiritual people I know are a bunch of impressionable people that like to put absurd theories and reasoning on what it's only a chemical reaction. They like to have everything under control, and they doesn't like at all not having a fucked up explanation for everything.

I've had a lot of "spiritual" experiences both on drugs and sober along my life, but I can always bind those experiences to chemical changes on my mind.

OP needs some help, and encouraging his believings with some spiritual bullshit will just reinforce him and make it worse.

Yes there are overtly pseudo spritual people who get no where like mediums or the whole western overt Yoga movement. Your post illustrates the exact reason why this knowledge is never imparted or discussed publicly, it is also closed entirely to those with a skeptical mind (or rather an intellectually materially associated mind), the answers are out there if you seek you shall find, of course even if you found them you wouldn't believe them and even if you experienced them you'd still rationalize them away, you'd need to see someone walk on water or Jesus to come back and show you his wounds to crack such a closed mind because even if Buddha came back you'd just not believe him and this discussion we are having is all quite textbook.

Last edited:
My point is, your mind is a function of your body, so your mind can't really time travel without your body coming along for the ride!

That's one way of conceiving reality. It is also possible to perceive consciousness to be the sole constituent of reality, and the physical realm to just be a manifestation of consciousness. If you read the thread all the way through, strangelove's idea of time travel does not necessitate the physical body to be teleported through space or anything like that.

In short, nobody can prove he hasn't time travelled, so it becomes a bit pointless to discuss the specifics too seriously. Hopefully as time goes on, he'll simply grow out of the delusion. :?

No your mind is a fragment of your consciousness within this realm, it is the dominant part that keeps you within this realm and within this game with the role you are told to play which is your ego which is a learned factor of your mind, your consciousness is anchored to it or one would argue inebriated into incorrectly believing it is the mind and the ego, but you and your consciousness are not the mind and not the body and if you can believe and comprehend it time is also an illusion.

That's enough from me.

Last edited:
i thought i was stuck in a similar loop once. seriously. eventually i made it past the point where i thought i traveled back from and didn't. living with my mistakes now, but not stuck in a loop.

I don't understand what kind of constant you are looking for.
I'm talking about the constant in the instance of the arrow of time.
You seem like you've studied physics at college level, so I'm sure you're aware that it is a highly sought-after concept, that would likely earn you a nobel prize.

just trying to make a point about subjectively experiencing something differently, not things actually being different. I think you may be missing an important point here: time was not going in reverse during that trip, my experience of it was. It is a subjective experience anyway that in extreme cases can be tinkered with like that.
It's not right to assume explanations that break the laws of physics instead.

I didn't assume anything...
I think you may have misinterpreted the semantics of my post?
(Something very forgivable considering that online comm's don't allow for the type of intonation the spoken word has; but seems to be a recurring theme here...)
I asked several questions that postulated both scenarios, that were used as a means of reference to point to the arrow of time. (if you'll pardon the pun)

I prefer your explanation better, however.

Looking back maybe I could have worded it in a less vague fashion, but I certainly didn't assume anything.
I considered both potential outcomes hypothetically: one that broke the laws of physics, and the simple answer that explained what actually happened: that you projected a small "movie in reverse" type hallucination.

I'm not sure how I feel about this... it feels like you're explaining something to a child: like you think I can't discern between someone taking acid and tripping balls, and someone travelling backwards in space-time.

I was only pointing out that backwards/forwards has no official point of reference.

Time can be really strange when the mind is concerned, for example it lags behind.

I believe this is one of the reasons schitzophrenics hear voices that can "predict" things: the right brain is much faster than the left, and as it passes information over to the left, the left doesn't understand its origin or what it is, and so become afraid and converts it into audible hallucinations. [I read this in a thesis - 'Left in the dark', I'm no PhD]

it needs to be substantiated to be credible.

Define substantiated?

It seems more like you are convinced by it.

I'm undecided, but leaning.
I spent roughly two years cross-examining this, a large part of which was in the company of a team of expert physicians: and we concluded that this isn't a delusion, and there's nothing "wrong" with me, to put it in layman's terms.
(That we could find anyway.)
I'm open to the possibility that this is something other than what the thread title says; it's a title not a conclusion.
I'm even open to the possibility that this is a bit of undigested beef that played tricks on me, or that there's more of gravy than of grave about it! to quote Dickens.
But psychologically speaking this isn't on the radar; and I must admit I find it a little annoying when people are so closed-minded that they jump to dismiss everything as a mental health issue because it's convenient, and closed the conversation...

I mean, if you were coming to me with a carefully thought out study of the pharmacodynamics of ketamine, and the statistical possibility of me having a sort of genetic imbalance that could have contributed to my hallucinations, I'd be very grateful and talking about that right now.
However all people seem to be saying is that it might be psychosis, it might be a delusion, it might be a scitzoid personality disorder - all of which I personally investigated with a medical team and could not find a match for.

I know the internet made everyone an expert, but if you remove the mental health shill posts from the thread you actually get a lot of people contributing and posting quite interesting things;
unfortunately most of these people are being drowned out by posts telling me people's opinions on whether or not they can believe this, and blind supposing on the state of my mental health - after I asked that it not become a repetition-fest.

When you eliminate the possible outcomes, the ones remaining - no matter how unlikely - must at least be entertained.

I think you need to understand better what skepticism is and how it works.

OKAY, RUDE!

..And such a shame too.. I was so proud of you up until this point...

Us being the biggest thing in the universe or not is really vague.......
......Yes, microcosm and microcosm are reflected in each other but what does that have to do with anything?

Okay, so I should have explained this better...

The micro and macro aspects repeat throughout all things.

It's no coincidence that a planet with its moons resembles an atom with its electrons.
That is the micro and the macro.

That when stars cluster together they form galaxies, which spiral outwards.
Micro and macro.

Or that a triangle is the smallest shape you can make, and that two make a MerKaBah, which fits inside the 'Genesis Pattern'.
Micro and macro.

An animal cell and a chicken's egg. Micro Macro. everything is repeating itself in cycles as it gets larger (due to space-time tension, the same as liquid tension makes rain droplets)

I even read an article that said the same is true of organic life: that the sun gives off a spray which is the foundational block of our DNA. (don't quote me on this until I find the link)

So my point is: most people bumble about their lives in a bubble, convinced there is no god, no heaven or hell, no life outside this planet.
But everything repeats itself. We're not the only beings, there are thousands of them - some tiny bacteria, some massive great big planets - each with their own consciousness, thoughts, and individual journeys.
I don't know what I met up there, but it's the same thing documented in thousands of near-death-experiences.
The same thing that's talked about in Val Valerian's Matrix series.

I don't know if it was God, or just an entity bigger than myslf, but If I can repeat that experiment over and over for a month, and get the same results each time, meeting the same "God-like" entity each time, then maybe I could map out how it's possible, and be able to repeat that experiment.

Maybe I could show someone else how to meet it? In the name of science, that has to be explored, right?
I'd be a fool not to see this through...

...while your mind is going around in circles trying to rationalize the experience you must understand that you were in a different state of consciousness due to the dissociation of your consciousness and mind, and you have returned to your former state of consciousness with the added benefit that your awareness of your situation has been expanded - this is the therapy of entheogenic experiences be they drug induced or other.

The problem is that these higher states of consciousness and experiences not only are relatively extremely brief (particularly when on drugs) but have been compounded in a way that cannot be explained by your lower mind which dominates your consciousness while in this realm & body and the error is in your rationalisation, you also cannot be held account to higher experiences unless that consciousness becomes permanent within you which drugs cannot do, you only account for what you do and are in this realm.

I think maybe you're right.
Perhaps I am trying too hard to rationalising this.

Since what happened there was so profound and ineffable, my simple brain is trying to explain it in words and can't do it justice.
So the feeling I felt while there, (seeing time), wasn't me traveling back to 2010, but actually me seeing forward to the events that have not occured yet, and I'm simply crossing the wires in my head and am now backwards rationalizing it.

At the risk of being wishy-washy, this needs more exploration. I don't want to just do a 180 out of nowhere, but this would make sense, and is definitely progress.

You're absolutely spot on about the lower mind too: what makes perfect sense there seems completely bonkers here...

I can't commit or dismiss either possibility, as it's just as likely that neither could be the answer.
But I think I know how I can come up with a map to a definite answer!

Also perhaps it's worth me re-opening the mental health investigation, but tackling it from a different angle:
If I look at the original incidents in 2010 objectively, they were massive traumas - each coming with a form of egodeath.

When I came back I was able to keep my monologue silent at will, and practice quietude, with none of the constant unwanted thoughts (mental tourettes) and internal jabbering we normally experience.
It's taken years, but I'm finally able to remember what happened during this event; (a common symptom of trauma is memory repression)

Perhaps if I look into these as traumatic events instead of an "illness" with symptoms and a cure I'll find what I'm looking for!

Last edited:
That seems sensible enough.
If we assume this isn't insanity, if what I saw was anything to go by when we die we exit our bodies, go to the "next level up" whereby we are pulled into this large white orb I mentioned and after a talk with this being put into a new body to continue living.
I must mention: that this being is very scary once you're inside it. Devistatingly so.
I don't think it wants to be this way, I think it's just our natural reaction to it. I think this thing is above good or bad, but I may be wrong; I might be romanticising my ideas of it.

I also got the impression that we have been going around and around, reincarnating time after time for a long while..
Unfortunately we cannot take anything with us, it seems to "burn off" our memories after each lifetime.
Something about the crossing over process also seems to prevent memories from crossing over.

Presumably it is the lifeforce of the earth itself. the being that created us, watches over us, and is in control of all things on the earth: both spiritually and physically.

I would love to experiment this further and document it, as previously mentioned.
It could give amazing insights into many different areas, even if a little dangerous.

I love the points you made. I love what you just said. I need to commune with you on a different basis. Do me a favor and msg me in here tomorrow. If you are in the u.s. eastern time zone msg me in here at 2pm tomorrow. I want to give u an alternative way of msg'ing me.

You won't get any...

^^ I obviously wasn't expecting any. My post was supposed to be understood as an answer to the nonsensical comment I was commenting on.

Just like many scientific theories, and the basis of most religions, or spiritual beliefs. Part of the intrigue is the very fact that you can't show your own experiences directly to others!

Which is the very reason they mean absolutely nothing to me, lol. This thread is utterly pointless garbage imo. Never mind that though, please carry on.

(scientific theories aren't based on subjective experiences by the way, it's what makes them different from religious or spiritual beliefs - but again, never mind that :) )