Ketamine has LITERALLY let me time travel: but now I'm stuck here

That's one way of conceiving reality. It is also possible to perceive consciousness to be the sole constituent of reality, and the physical realm to just be a manifestation of consciousness.

They're the same thing.

To say that body is consciousness is another way of saying that consciousness is body. A = B is an equivalent statement to B = A. Consciousness and body are two words that refer to the same phenomenon.

This thread is utterly pointless garbage imo.

Well, if we can help Strangelove put things into a better perspective, that's something. Also it has devolved into a metaphysical debate, and I can't resist those. :D

Before you go back to 2010 be sure to write down all the lottery numbers. No wait I have some K in my fridge. We use it to sedate our pigs to cut their hooves. How much do I need to take to get back in time? I have already written down the lottery numbers.

They're the same thing.

To say that body is consciousness is another way of saying that consciousness is body. A = B is an equivalent statement to B = A. Consciousness and body are two words that refer to the same phenomenon.

Not sure I agree with you there. The body giving rise to consciousness is not exactly equivalent to consciousness perceiving a body. In the first instance consciousness needs the body to exist, in the second case the body is a perception.

There is definitely a nuance between the two IMO.

If you're serious - lay off the drugs, wait and see how your thought patterns change, if they're still telling you you've time travelled, perhaps see a professional. Or speak to family and friends. Anyone in person who will take you more seriously than people on a forum who think you could be screwing around.

If you're trolling - please just go back to the past / present / future. Time isn't linear anyway. Have a word with Dr Emmett Brown.

Maybe some mindfulness will help you stay present.

Sorry to be biaised to the old fashion psychanilitic explication, but every hint may help, no? so lets begin :
- the voyages you do on breakthrought drugs have the same nature as dreams, the trip is personnal, you are the only one experimenting your trip, and its a dialogue between you as you are now, and the "universal" you, that have a deaper vision of the situation that you are into at a moment in your life.
- so lets resume your trip/dream :
- you were addict to ketamine, you used it to escape reality
- so when you holded in 2010 you were in pitch dark space : " you didnt know were to go, it was even impossible cause you couldnt see anywere to go"
- the only thing you could see was a white thing, it have a crystaline texture, and was more power full than you, and you did know he was evil, and was a portal to other planets : " so what was it? well, to me the obvious is that it was a metaphore for ketamine, king of the place, and that was the cause of you not be able to coopt to reality ( pitch dark=no issue, no plan, empty life )"
- ok, lets assume this "dream" was about your addiction to ketamine as an escapiste drug.
- so you told the personne you want to be free ( of your addiction )
- the answer he gave you was that if it were your choice, you would never be able to come back here ( fantasyland )
- you cryed and said you want to be free : "crying is the form of the fight in you about your desire to continue and your desire to quit your addiction"
- than the "elfe" told you that you will travel back from 2018-2019 to 2010 : " he told you that if you dont stop, the distance separing 2010 and 2019 would vanished : the time travel is a metaphore telling you that you will waist your life, continuing ketamine and not have gaspe on your existance till you stop ketamine in 2019 and reinter in your life that you were trying to escape with ketamine "
- the happy news is that you perfectly recieved the message and it is chowed by the 2 things that was the resultat of the "dream" :
* you stopped ketamine
* you only remember that you have to press the red button : "the red button is the button you find in public spaces ( shops, restaurants, etc) and that command the general electric circtuit, if there is a fire, etc : pressing it cut the electicity, for your safety", so what you remember to remember when going back from the hole was that you must "stop" in emergency for your safety, and you did it

So if everything was sorted in 2010, why are you more and more obcess by that "dream" ?
Remember you cried, remember you think you didnt realy think you wanted when you said you want to be free, remember you think you want to go back to repair this mistake, remelmber you think you must take ketamine to achive it.

Understand ? yes, ketamine is adictive, yes, when you were using it you really needed it to coopt with your depression.
But now, days after days, you cant help to think about it : this drug is like heroin, you never forget it cause its the answer to all pain.
And you degin to think that perhaps you took the wrong decision and have to take ketamine again to change it, to come back to 2010.
But your rational you know that its not good.
So your irrational you began to think that its a secret CIA plan to mess with gravity and travel other univers and so on, ya, you crave fantasyland, and if the real world was rubish and fantasy land the trouth ?

So the third good news is that you dont need psychiatric heals, just to accept that you took the right decision and that it is painfull to accept day after day, even to the point of disire of sacrifiing your inteligence for that drug.

I dont post often, it took some time to do so, but i could not leave you so clueless about your situation.
Watch to your future, not your past, and again sorry for my horrible english.

I don't know about the dream analysis stuff in there ^ since it seems it is one of many possible such interpretations, but the gist of it is probably most significant...

I second the notion that ketamine can be like heroin as in: for me throughout years it is probably the drug that has disappeared least from my mind as an escapist answer, and I have tried very many things and have had a handful of addictions although fortunately none very chronic.

It seems hard to say what kind of justifications, confabulations, memory modifications have gone on in the mind of the TS, to give rise to this delusion of sorts. It is hard to reconstruct with a lot of broken or distorted pieces of memorized information.

By the way I think this thread certainly is interesting. The jokes (well ridicule even) aside, or the question of whether we can ultimately help and convince the TS... it starts discussions about pretty interesting topics more or less relevant to this matter. It's the same reason why I often don't care about interesting troll threads: if interesting posts result from it, it often doesn't matter to me whether the OP was serious or not. Not that I really question whether this thread is serious by the way, that is not the point at all.
Anyway if you think this thread is garbage, I don't think you are looking at it in the right way.

Questioning reality, delusions or normal time-space continuity on their own seem like a fascinating thing and a challenge to address. Who can imagine that kind of struggle? I have had enough mental issues in the past to have respect and understanding for that type of thing and it goes beyond just the TS. There are many other people with such 'existential' or ontological issues to whom this might be relevant.

Perhaps even harder is to put certain beliefs to discussion that are irrational. By definition you are at a great disadvantage to someone who has convictions that are problematic. If there is an immense willingness to sustain those beliefs or convictions while confusion, fear and anxiety among other things may be associated with letting go of them... even truly having someone question whether it is right to keep them is a big achievement and someone letting go of them a minor miracle.
None of this is about crusading some 'truth' by the way. I mean I weep for the wars fought over combinations of disagreement and intolerance regarding beliefs + convictions, but I don't set out to bother people with my mentality, the whole point is kind of that nobody should bother others with that. But if someone is struggling and asking for help, now that's different right away.

"Devolved" into a metaphysical discussion, hm I don't know about that - it doesn't seem like it is hijacking a potentially different discussion with a more actively participating strangelove... more like filling the vacuum in the absence of that. I could be wrong.

Also, consciousness and body are not the same thing at all in my opinion. Consciousness vs mind would be more difficult probably. Body vs mind duality is a difficult thing.
I would say that no metaphysical model is necessarily the right one over another, some merely have the 'best fit' for a certain problem but not all.. if anything some are more complete or concise etc. Similarly I would say that in some cases it is more helpful to talk in differences between body and mind, but in other cases it is more helpful to emphasize the continuity between them as they seem to be things that just exist on another level.
I seem to recall that this is an interesting talk on consciousness: https://www.ted.com/talks/david_chalmers_how_do_you_explain_consciousness

Consciousness goes beyond one mind though, like the sea that a persons's mind exists in, one system or pattern within a larger one just like our body are a part of the world. That's how I would say they relate to each other...
Or if that 'sea' is really not a good comparison considering the question of what is the water between the islands of minds, consciousness is the mode or dimensionality of minds and minds emergent systems manifesting from bodies.

It does not seem like it's 'just as possible' that the physical reality manifests out of consciousness or minds. We have an abundance of evidence telling us that physical processes go on independently of our minds. At least if we accept intersubjectivity rather than solipsism (no relation). While you cannot prove nor reject solipsism when it comes down to it, it is also an immature stance as many things go on to collaborate an intersubjective world while nothing really continues to collaborate solipsism. There are a lot of "plot holes" to that story, it is like having to reject billions of things in order to accept only a few or even just one.
Whatever you believe about that, it seems like a mistake to suppose that they are symmetrical or equal. NOT the same things or inverse things need to be accepted vs rejected, it's ultimately much more complicated than that and lopsided.
We see minds developing, but physical reality?? Not so much or we couldn't calculate with it. Such differences go on to imply different things about them, etc etc.

Last edited:
Before you go back to 2010 be sure to write down all the lottery numbers. No wait I have some K in my fridge. We use it to sedate our pigs to cut their hooves. How much do I need to take to get back in time? I have already written down the lottery numbers.
Your an ass.

Well 2010 was when MXE was first around. Soooo I think something is trying to tell you to get your hands on that sweet Methoxetamine!!

In all seriousness using more ketamine wont work even if it did bring you back to 2010, it would just repeat the whole amnesia thing. Doing ketamine again might just repeat this whole "loop".

So that means you have to live out the timeline you boarded upon. Maybe you just are meant to stay here in this timeline and watch everything play out as it shall.

OK it's quite enough with the flaming, if you disagree or find something offensive just say so normally. I don't want this thread to become about mudthrowing.

personally when I've been in situations like this where I obsessively get into extreme fringe spirituality and metaphysics theories I decide to take a break from ALL DRUGS. even weed, even alcohol, and even nicotine and caffeine if you can. Then, occupy your mind with things entirely based in reality. Maybe learn an instrument or get a new hobby. with that and 3 months of sobriety, I was finally done rambling about how our brains can create crystals that create new dimensions and stuff that doesn't make sense to me to this day.

OK it's quite enough with the flaming, if you disagree or find something offensive just say so normally. I don't want this thread to become about mudthrowing.

Thank you Solipsis

Okay, so most posts here are great; insightful, wise, and sometimes inspirational. Thank you everyone who has contributed.
But it seems some people are reading the first post then just replying to that.

There's nothing wrong with that in essence, although I do ask that people read all the information before jumping to conclusions: I've had to explain a good few times I wasn't "addicted" to ketamine, and am not, and have not, used any drugs in the past years.

I started this thread exploring the idea that I at some point in the future time travel to 2010, and therefore am stuck in a loop.
Obviously this seems outside the confines of what we call "accepted science" to most, but in theory is possible given certain parameters.

There's a fair bit of clutter in this thread and at the moment it's 5 pages of posts with the actual original topic fairly spread out in between, I'm going to update the story so far to help compound the information.

** 13/02/2017 - UPDATE:

After the support from the members here, and all who have posted in this thread, (That means you!) I'm exploring certain ideas:

- There's a possibility I didn't time travel back to 2010, and I in fact saw some sort of premonition of future events in my life, hence my confusion about time-traveling: everything that has happened, I've already seen before in that 2010 period. To see forward in time would certainly give the appearance of time travel, and explain a few things.

- There's potential for this to be a neurological phenomenon: my neural pathways could be converging across my temporal lobes, meaning that as I'm creating memories, they're being written in both the left and the right, meaning I get a "de ja vu" and backwards rationalise that the events I'm witnessing have been seen by me before, and therefore I'm misreading the "sensation" of time traveling.

- There's still a possibility that there IS a time-loop here, however until we carry out experimentation into this possibility it's hard to prove or disprove.

To the skeptics Re: being able to "see" future or past events - according to a Dr.Russel Targ,
MIT physicist and former CIA employee, remote viewing into the past and future has been carried out by the CIA in lab conditions, and is possible to great accuracy.

I've researched this drug thoroughly over the years;
Here's some trivia I found out so you can understand ketamine the drug in a different light:

# Ketamine can be used to "sedate" and "restart" people's CNS when they have Chronic Pain Disorder, canceling out their pain (what I was originally to use this for, and succesfully cured myself of chronic pain disorder with it).
# Ketamine can "calm down" someone who's taken too much LSD, or is having a bad trip if handled correctly.
# Ketamine doesn't cross the placental barrier, so is the anaesthetic drug of choice used in operations on preganant mothers.
# Ketamine subsides withdrawal symptoms. I did a study on a heroin addict that used ketamine to completely negate the withdrawal effects of heroin use. [Sidenote: I did a study on another former patient who achieved the same thing using Fentanyl.]
# Ketamine isn't physically addictive (but is very psychologically addictive, DO NOT be misled - you can become addicted) but prolonged use can damage your bladder, and it's muscles. Prolonged use can cause damage, and can end in the person requiring a catheter

Now I'm not condoning the use of ketamine, I don't want you to think I'm sponsored by Ketlar, or waving any kind of flag here.
Any drugs you choose to take should be thoroughly researched, and preferably prescribed by a doctor.
(but I'm a realist, so just make sure you're safe, and clued up at least)

WOW. Sometimes I wish I can go back to 2010 and re-do some things. Actually I never did K but I it's one of my wishes, to go back in time and I always imagined K or DMT would allow me to do it (never did it tho).
Man I don't think you're trolling anyone. You just explored some parts of the mind, in my opinion. I hope you're safe and happy now.

To the skeptics Re: being able to "see" future or past events - according to a Dr.Russel Targ,[/SIZE][/SIZE] MIT physicist and former CIA employee, remote viewing into the past and future has been carried out by the CIA in lab conditions, and is possible to great accuracy.

Directly related to that research:

A number of scientific reviews of the SRI (and later) experiments on remote viewing found no credible evidence that remote viewing works, and the topic of remote viewing is regarded as pseudoscience.
You can be employed by NASA or CIA, be a physicist and more but it's really worthless credentials if science is concerned, when research is not reproducable.

If it's accurate under lab conditions why didn't he take it to James Randi and make a ton of money? Non-disclosure agreements, uh huh that must be why.
Maybe just rewatch 'The men who stare at goats'..

I've researched this drug thoroughly over the years;
Here's some trivia I found out so you can understand ketamine the drug in a different light:

# Ketamine can be used to "sedate" and "restart" people's CNS when they have Chronic Pain Disorder, canceling out their pain (what I was originally to use this for, and succesfully cured myself of chronic pain disorder with it).
# Ketamine can "calm down" someone who's taken too much LSD, or is having a bad trip if handled correctly.
# Ketamine doesn't cross the placental barrier, so is the anaesthetic drug of choice used in operations on preganant mothers.
# Ketamine subsides withdrawal symptoms. I did a study on a heroin addict that used ketamine to completely negate the withdrawal effects of heroin use. [Sidenote: I did a study on another former patient who achieved the same thing using Fentanyl.]
# Ketamine isn't physically addictive (but is very psychologically addictive, DO NOT be misled - you can become addicted) but prolonged use can damage your bladder, and it's muscles. Prolonged use can cause damage, and can end in the person requiring a catheter

Now I'm not condoning the use of ketamine, I don't want you to think I'm sponsored by Ketlar, or waving any kind of flag here.
Any drugs you choose to take should be thoroughly researched, and preferably prescribed by a doctor.
(but I'm a realist, so just make sure you're safe, and clued up at least)

Restarting sensation and negating pain from e.g. phantom limbs is impressive, but all it may really require is a 'recalibration' by disabling and reenabling proprioception.

Ketamine calming down someone who has taken too much LSD... lol! On the one hand I would say that is false because a dissociative like ketamine combined with a psychedelic like LSD makes for CRAZY trips that involve a lot of otherworldly themes but none of them are really beyond just the effects of the mind being squared rather than doubled. It would not even be that impressive if it were true, unless you find actual sedatives like benzos or more effectively anti-psychotics which can seriously dampen or even mostly stop a trip respectively. In a certain light this is impressive I guess.

NMDA antagonism can indeed do things like attenuate opioid withdrawals or lower tolerance to them but possibly also tolerance to other drugs like amphetamines. Amazing but not magical.

I can see how someone could imagine ketamine being useful for detaching from an intensely negative headspace on a psychedelic - the effects do feel quite 'soothing', and the idea of a dissociative headspace could theoretically sound appealing for someone undergoing intense emotions and racing thought patterns. However, in practice I find LSD seems to override certain certain aspects of the ketamine experience that make it feel somewhat escapist when taken alone, so when combined you end up ramping up the psychedelic effects considerably without achieving much of the intended 'safety net'.

Sure there is something to that, but I would never take that gamble let alone give it to someone else to take that gamble. Probably even with no other options.

Agreed ketamine on top of a bad trip sounds like a night in hell to me. I know I certainly did not like the place mxe put me when mixes with a fairly intense LSD trip. But to each his own I guess.

take note of the phrase "if handled correctly".

For example, taking ketamine then drinking is not the same as drinking then taking ketamine... One leaves you giddy and unable to walk, one destroys you and leaves you vomiting clutching a chair...

I should think that most people saying ketamine has exacerbated their LSD trips have taken ketamine either at the same time as the LSD or timed so they get a great "wobbly" effet as they come up.
It's meant to make "peaking" less intense...

Directly related to that research:

A number of scientific reviews of the SRI (and later) experiments on remote viewing found no credible evidence that remote viewing works, and the topic of remote viewing is regarded as pseudoscience.
You can be employed by NASA or CIA, be a physicist and more but it's really worthless credentials if science is concerned, when research is not reproducable.

If it's accurate under lab conditions why didn't he take it to James Randi and make a ton of money? Non-disclosure agreements, uh huh that must be why.
Maybe just rewatch 'The men who stare at goats'..

Just because people aren't replecating their results, doesn't mean they can't; and I don't think you can provide a media source as any sort of evidence for this, film and news tells us what to think, not neccesarily the truth.

If I was a large government trying to control the world, I'd make out that these things didn't exist also... Until I had full control over them and had used them to control everyone else...
When you think about this research as taking place during the cold war, it also puts another very interesting slant on things...

But regardless, I get your point and understand what you mean.