Good 80's music?

Fuck yeah!

I actually saw the dead milkmen live a couple of months ago. One of my favourite bands ever, and the show did not disappoint. Fucking awesome.

[video=youtube_share;MJTzH0-Tntw]http://youtu.be/MJTzH0-Tntw[/video]

Fuck yeah!

I actually saw the dead milkmen live a couple of months ago. One of my favourite bands ever, and the show did not disappoint. Fucking awesome.

I've nearly worn out my Beezelbubba album %) I need to look for a US show date in Cali.

William Petersen before CSI, when he was a sexy beast in the 80's

I've nearly worn out my Beezelbubba album %) I need to look for a US show date in Cali.

It's such a great record. I love "big lizard in my backyard" a lot too.

It was crazy - it was their first time in australia, the show receieved virtually no promotion, and if i'd not seen a tiny article in the steet press about 2 days before, i never would've known about it.
They played in a tiny little punk club not far from my place - it was fucking beautiful <3

oh, and they opened with this tune -
[video=youtube_share;qjtRL2Omz6w]http://youtu.be/qjtRL2Omz6w[/video]

Was one of those magic gigs. I seem to go to a lot of them, really :)

It's such a great record. I love "big lizard in my backyard" a lot too.

It was crazy - it was their first time in australia, the show receieved virtually no promotion, and if i'd not seen a tiny article in the steet press about 2 days before, i never would've known about it.
They played in a tiny little punk club not far from my place - it was fucking beautiful <3
oh, and they opened with this tune -
Was one of those magic gigs. I seem to go to a lot of them, really :)

Wasn't that the album that they released "Bitchin' Camaro" on? Something about his whiney sound is so appealing with their style. Good Stuff SJ!

Wasn't that the album that they released "Bitchin' Camaro" on? Something about his whiney sound is so appealing with their style. Good Stuff SJ!

Yup, that's the one :)

So...i've posted this before, but IMO it doesn't get much better than this.

[video=youtube_share;3CgNymWt5_I]http://youtu.be/3CgNymWt5_I[/video]

So...i've posted this before, but IMO it doesn't get much better than this.

You've had good luck with bands man, weren't you also in a band? Or rubbed shoulders with one?

These guys had an epic show at the Hollywood palladium I'll never forget. Hurt some people and got hurt but a great show with a real pit. Too bad the live videos have terrible sound, although this is their slow song.

89'

Yeah, i've been in lots of bands. I've met heaps of the musicians who made the albums in my record collection.
I was just thinking, one of the weird things about playing music is becoming friends with people that i was previously a fan of.
Still a fan of, actually - you don't cease to be a fan when you get to know the person behind the art (or whatever it is you admire them for).

It works the other way too - when people you're friends with first make some great music, write a great book or do something cool that you admire.
I'm good friends with one of the guys in this band, for example. They're a pretty great 80s group i reckon.

[video=youtube_share;842OqhEfU5E]http://youtu.be/842OqhEfU5E[/video]

Last edited:
^

Argh, "This video has been blocked in your country on copyright grounds" :!

Edit: Ohh I found a version for the states, nice!

Appropriate Youtube comment:

This band from down under (Australia, mate) seemingly never got any attention. Man isn't this one of the most brilliant songs ever. I'm an American and it breaks my heart that this song is almost unheard of. It should have been a hit. It's like one of those secret things in the forest you find once in a lifetime, that no one else seemingly experiences or knows about. Like a UFO encounter or other easter egg.

ha! that's funny. they are a pretty good band, but iactually i like this song better: :)

Likewise & it plays in the states. I'll keep an eye out for a green two tone Gretsch in case you got any cameos in some of these songs.