• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Mixing Etizolam powder with Propylfene Glycol, not completely dissolving

RTrain

Bluelighter
Any ideas what might be my issue. Supossively 99%+ Etizolam powder and mixing it with PG for accurate dosing and safety. Went with 100 mL of PG and 100 mg of etizolam.

Used a medicine bottle, filled it will the 100 mL of propylene glycol and then dropped in the 100 mg of Etizolam. I measure the Etizolam with a .01 g scale, so I know it was around 100 mg because the baggie went from .38 to .28

So I capped it and shook it vigorously, and I look at the bottle against the light and its got floaters in it, a good amount, too. I have shook it for a minute on several occasions and it still looks the same. There are some relatively large chunks in the bottle.

I took precautions like thoroughly cleaning and sterilizing the bottle. I used a 10 mL syringe to measure out 100 mL of PG. I cleaned everything and stearlized it prior to making the solution.

Should have I heated the pg before mixing it? Is this common when making a etizolam liquid solution(I doubt this)?

1 dumb thing I did was not use a clear bottle, it is traslucent and brown. But its clear enough to see floaters and such in the bottle I haven't draw it up into a syringe to dose, but the powder was white so I am assuming the solution will be clear.

fixed errors, added a bit for clarification

This is very common. A few hints: Heat the PG gently b/f or after adding Etiz - preferably after, with a tight lid, b/c a water bath is best and you want your PG as dry as possible, do not get water in the PG and make sure it's 99% food grade. It's easier to do this in a beaker where you can break up the chunks in solution with a sterile, dry, steel lab spatula. Some chunks take awhile. You can cover the beaker with thick (not cheap) plastic wrap and a rubber band. This will allow you easy access when you take the beaker away from the water bath to stir it. Move carefully and work on solid, flat surfaces and even have a big, clean cookie sheet (about 1/2 - 1" in depth) on your work surface on case you spill powder or dosed liquid.

Gently heat - with the cap on using a water bath with water at the temp of your straight hot tap water. Again, be careful not to get water or water vapor in your solution. Shake, stir and break up chunks if possible. Repeat every ten minutes - about three or four times. Set it aside and in the course of the day it'll all dissolve. You may have one or a few small chunks that never dissolve, these are likely synthesis by-products, unreacted material or degragants (unlikely). These should look sub-milligram in size, very few, and sink to the bottom with rest.

If this just won't work, you have water in your PG or cut. In which case, it's likely undissolved Etiz, so add about 25 - 50% Everclear (95% drinking alcohol from a liquor store ONLY), that should help dissolve the material. Go through all the same prep process.

I find dissolving the etiz in just alcohol faster, than I bring it to volume with PG. I'll dissolve 100-mg in 25-mL of ethanol and add PG to 100-mL for a tolerable 25/75 EtOH/PG solution of 1-mg/mL.

Remember to re-calculate your concentration - check the volume. Adding 50-mL EtOH to 100-mL of PG may not equal 150mL - check. Two liquids combined can contract or expand... albeit not by a whole lot in the vast majority of solvent mixes. I haven't observed this, it's just a thought, more noticeable with much larger volumes.

Best wishes.