• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Poppy Seed Tea - First Time - Poppy Seed Tea definitely works!

I was on oxy and hydro and lost weight but pst made me gain 10lbs and super constipated. I just brought a lacid. hope that helps

So ... I keep meaning to buy some poppy seeds in bulk as has been suggested on this thread, but I really don't know of anywhere around me that sells anything in bulk. And I forget to ask the bakery of my supermarket, mostly because I don't think they'd end up selling them to me. Anyway, last night while cooking, I stumbled upon a half used bottle of seeds in my pantry (just the kind you would buy in the spices aisle of the supermarket). Out of curiosity, l brewed some tea using all of them (half of a normal size spice jar) and drank it. I didn't expect any sort of high and I was correct. Nothing. I was hoping I'd be pleasantly surprised, but no. I know this stuff can be dangerous so I'd hate for someone else to do the exact same thing and have a completely different reaction, so again, all should use caution when trying for the first time. I just thought I'd share my experience in case it's helpful to others. I really would love to try this ... The Tramadol I currently use is killing me with the constipating side effects. Others noted weight loss with PST ... That would be great because no matter how healthily I eat, how little I eat, and how much exercise I do, I still gain weight from Tramadol because I'm so backed up all the time.

PST is going to be more constipating than tramadol. And yeah, the bottled seeds aren't going to do anything.

How long have you been on tramadol/opiates?

I guess none of these opiates are perfect and without side effects ... My drug of choice is Oxy but it's hard to come by. When I do manage a prescription from my doctor, I end up emptying the bottle within a week. I have no self control and can't save them. Now I've found an easy source for tramadol which is good and bad ... Now I seem to have an endless supply which is causing me to take it more. It used to be just on the weekends. Then it was 2-3 days per week. Now it's every other day. If not for the constipation, I'd probably take it daily. It makes me feel happy and gives me endless energy. It's only been every other day for the last couple weeks, but I'm scared to try stretching out my off days due to withdrawal symptoms. I'm going to try though. I hate admitting that I'm addicted, both mentally and physically ... But I am. On the days I don't take it, it's all I can think about.

Yep that's opiates for you, for a lot of people anyway (certainly for me). How long have you been addicted?

At this point, feel good that you only do it every other day, if you move to daily it will be a lot harder to stop. Unless you've been doing it a long time, you will have a comparatively easy time getting off them. The mental cravings are the worst part though, it's frighteningly easy to rationalize "just one more time", but it's never just one more time.

I'd say I've always had an addictive personality so whenever I've been prescribed pain meds for anything, I've a abused them. Probably for the last 10 years. But I've gone for periods of over a year where I've had none so I've abused alcohol instead. I'm a full-time working mother of 3 kids, married to a man who's been unemployed for most of our marriage. Life has been hard - it could always be worse, don't get me wrong - but I rely on substances to help me cope. And they do help. I look forward to getting buzzed or high - it gives me something to look forward to, when life would otherwise be dull with the mundane tasks of motherhood and taking care of a depressed-as-hell husband. Of course, NO ONE knows that I do this. Everyone thinks I'm this great person, who somehow magically balances a family, a career, a house, and friendships, without having a nervous breakdown ... Yet I have this huge secret. Which is why I must spill it all on this forum, with others who understand what it's like, and give me comfort that I'm not so alone. So thank you to everyone on here.

Today would have been the day to take my usual dose of 500mgs of tramadol, since today's Tuesday and I last took it on Sunday ... But based on another thread, I ordered some of those Red Dawn Sleepwalkers which contain phenibut. So I decided to try those instead today. I read another entire thread about phenibut which cautioned me about not taking regularly so I don't plan to use it as a replacement for the tramadol, but perhaps it will help me taper down off the tramadol and get back to once every couple days or just on the weekends. We addicts are great at using one drug to get off another drug, aren't we?? :) So ... This morning (7:30am) I took 4 sleepwalkers on an empty stomach, with just one 100mg tramadol (to avoid having any withdrawal symptoms like stomach cramping). It's now just after 1:00pm and I feel great. I don't feel high, just an overall sense of wellbeing. I don't have that ridiculous craving for the tramadol and I think I may be able to use this as a way to get through the week, and then only take the tramadol on the weekends. We'll see. As we all know, the road to hell is paved with the best of intentions! Lol

Sorry I have ventured away from the original topic of Poppyseed Tea!

I understand having a big secret no one knows about with opiates, and also the urge to use them to help you look forward to something. It's a tough spot to be in. But I know of no one who has been addicted to them where it didn't eventually become a huge drain on their life. As hard as things may be now, they WILL get harder on opiates. So kudos for expressing a desire to be free. :)

And yeah, phenibut can really help. The thing to keep in mind is, it's also physically addictive, so try to avoid taking it daily. I actually take it every 2-3 days and have been doing so for quite some time and I don't experience withdrawals when I don't have it... sometimes I'll take a week or 2 off to prove to myself it's still fine, and it is, but there was a point where I took it every day for a year and the withdrawals were pretty bad when I stopped.

Also if you do want to keep using phenibut for this purpose, you can get it far, far cheaper than you get the sleep walkers for... you can get bulk powder online quite easily with a simple search for a fraction of the cost.

works for me too. i love pst. take away so much anxiety too. im so hooked though.,

i get constipation from pst. and prob the reason to my weight gain. so i started prune juices this week. it works real well.

Beth and xorth.. can u guys msg me?

is tramadol an opiate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Poppy POD tea is where its at use seeds for planting and growing PODS

i just bought poppy seed and poppy pods ( 2 different vendors )

im super stoked!

Tread lightly my friend. People get themselves in pretty deep with pods and seeds. Don't dig yourself into a full blown addiction. It's not the least bit fun.

Be safe brother/sister

Xorkoth, thank you for your comments. Yes, being hooked on opiates is not what I want in my life ... I just want to use them as a treat, once or twice a week. I've done okay this week, only taking my tramadol on Sunday and Wednesday. I plan to take it tomorrow (Saturday) because I have a ton to accomplish and it helps me be extremely productive. My goal is to not take again until middle of next week - if I can hold out until Thursday, I'll be very proud of myself!

Yes, after ordering the sleepwalkers, I realized I should've ordered pure phenibut in a tub - much cheaper! I plan to do that today. Another thread recommended pairing phenibut with ephedrine, so I'm excited to try that combo. My ephedrine should arrive today or next week (since I must ship to my work address to hide from my hubby).

Poppyluv, tramadol is a synthetic opiate. It's nowhere near as wonderful as Oxy, or what I envision poppy seed tea to be, but it has its place. I love it because I can obtain it easily and relatively cheaply, and it is extended release. I take it in the morning on an empty stomach with caffeine, and then keep upping my dosage each hour until I'm at 500 or 600 mgs total (I've taken more, but am fearful over 500mgs of having a seizure, based on posts here - I can't risk having a seizure in front of my kids!). I love it because I have tons of energy ALL DAY and virtually no appetite. I can work out like a maniac at the gym, clean my house, go grocery shopping, cook for my family, etc etc and not feel drained. The only downside is the constipation - which is pretty bad. And if I don't get enough sleep that night, I can feel sluggish and slightly hungover the next morning. Don't ever take it in the afternoon or you won't be able to sleep.

Poppy seed tea sounds so interesting but I just don't see how I could get ahold of good seeds or pods! Perhaps I will peruse the internet today :)

Poppy seed/pod tea is basically oral opium... it's not going to make you energetic. I used to hide opiates from my ex-wife (we ended up divorcing partly because of that), and at first I used kratom, which is energizing. Eventually I switched to poppy tea, and I enjoyed the high more for sure (it's my favorite opiate high), but she started to be able to tell because I'd sometimes nod off and it made me more sluggish and my eyes would often be half-lidded and red.

I have to say I don't recommend hiding drug use from your partner... I did it for 9 years, and that was with doing some drugs with her (just not others). You can't keep it up forever and it feels like a huge betrayal to them, even if your reasons are valid to you. Whenever it catches up to you, the fallout from it is likely to be severe. No judgment, I get why you'd do it, just saying because I learned it the hard way.

Thanks Xorkoth. I appreciate the words of caution. Thanks for sharing your experience. I know I shouldn't hide my usage from my husband but he'd freak out if he knew. I used to hide my drinking and that was so much harder than hiding some pills. So if my having a glass of wine made him nuts, you can only imagine what my opiate addiction would do to him! He does not do any drugs and would not be able to understand why I would choose to do this. He also has no clue about addiction. He doesn't believe it's real - he thinks anyone can just stop doing something and move on effortlessly if they choose. I keep thinking that if he can finally get his career back on track, our lives will get back to being somewhat normal and I won't need the drugs anymore to help me cope. By then, I could be ridiculously addicted and won't be able to stop, but I hope that's not the case. We shall see ...

bett: if it's easy to get. i should try to get from my docs.

ive gone through what your going thru. it's hard but you seem so motivated. what's ephedrine?

Poppy seed/pod tea is basically oral opium... it's not going to make you energetic. I used to hide opiates from my ex-wife (we ended up divorcing partly because of that), and at first I used kratom, which is energizing. Eventually I switched to poppy tea, and I enjoyed the high more for sure (it's my favorite opiate high), but she started to be able to tell because I'd sometimes nod off and it made me more sluggish and my eyes would often be half-lidded and red.

I have to say I don't recommend hiding drug use from your partner... I did it for 9 years, and that was with doing some drugs with her (just not others). You can't keep it up forever and it feels like a huge betrayal to them, even if your reasons are valid to you. Whenever it catches up to you, the fallout from it is likely to be severe. No judgment, I get why you'd do it, just saying because I learned it the hard way.

i was pleaseantly energized last night on my first poppy tea run :) alot of energy and no body pain for hours i was in heavenly bliss....

not sure if im using the right brand or the how long 12 ounces of warm water shaking it up for 2 mins. not realling anything

I bought real afghan's unwashed and they are awesome. Not that store bought crap. If your looking to get off drugs best to go easy making tea like I did. My first batch was insaine. I used maybe 1/3 lb. And wow! Afghans have a very distinctive smell as the water removes the good stuff from the seeds. Buy online! Not from the store. But please be careful. It can be a great tool to get of drugs! However it can also be 2x as addictive. Best of luck all!

Hey Bett, how long have you been using tramadol? Since you're using every other day, I wouldn't think that you're physically addicted yet, unless you're experiencing withdrawal symptoms on that day in between taking it. If you don't feel those physical withdrawals yet, then you're in luck, and you can quit now if you have the willpower (although I understand if you don't, not a lot of people do, it's very difficult). Just thinking about getting high is a lot less torturous than not being able to get out of bed without a dose to feel normal.

EDIT: Shit, I didn't even notice the date on those posts, my bad guys.