• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Wizard: Fears about use of deadly party drug on the rise in Australia

poledriver

Bluelighter
Wizard: Fears about use of deadly party drug on the rise in Australia

THE latest party drug being increasingly used in Australia is so “toxic” and deadly in small doses users probably won’t know they are trouble until it’s too late.
Authorities say Wizard is among a “new and emerging” group of lethal drugs flooding the Australian market.
It has already resulted in several deaths and left others seriously unwell, suffering everything from brain damage to psychotic episodes.
One Australian victim died after he repeatedly ran into trees and power poles while Sydney teen Henry Kwan fell from a balcony and died, convinced that he could fly after consuming a similar drug.
Worried police say people are not realising what they are taking, while a senior expert in drug policy said people had to wake up to the fact they were playing “Russian roulette” every time they used it.

275376-dce542b0-4cf4-11e4-930e-e515789c51be.jpg

Wizard is sold in tablet and blotter tab form, and mimics the effects of ecstasy and LSD, but is far more powerful.
The size of the problem was illustrated by raids in South Australia last week.
Police seizzed more than 10,000 tabs of the drug — worth an estimated $250,000 — which that had been bought over the internet from Canada. Drug trafficking charges were laid against a 21-year-old man.
Thousands of other pills were discovered in Sydney last week.

287288-057719f0-49db-11e4-93fc-034ed4e7c660.jpg

The Australian Crime Commission, which monitors drug trends said Wizard was the latest form of “potent hallucinogenic drugs” known as NBOMes.
Crime Commission chief executive Chris Dawson told news.com.au that the group of drugs was a known killer.
“NBOMes, which include 25-I-NBOMe, have been suspected of playing a role in a number of deaths and non-fatal overdoses in Australia since 2011,” Mr Dawson said.
It is so dangerous because it only takes a small amount to cause serious damage.
“NBOMes can be toxic in very small doses and it is very difficult to deliver accurate and consistent doses, increasing the risk of harm to users,” he said.
The drugs come in many colours and descriptions. As well as being fatal, users can experience hallucinations, psychosis, extreme aggression, elevated heart rate, seizures, nausea, neurological damage and organ damage.

276312-7afa88e0-83cc-11e3-b939-7fcb48a5bb4a.jpg

The relative ease with which people have obtained the drugs has complicated matters for authorities, resulting in more people taking it.
Its prevalance has also been fuelled by gangs attracted by the money that could be made.
“In Australia, there is an increasing use of these substances and a diverse range of suppliers, including an increasing presence by serious and organised crime groups,” Mr Dawson said.
He confirmed the detection of NBOMes was increasing. To combat the issue the Federal Government had included Wizard and three similar drugs to the Criminal Code Regulations to attempt to control them.

275424-d462b134-49db-11e4-93fc-034ed4e7c660.jpg

275456-d85c23f6-49db-11e4-93fc-034ed4e7c660.jpg

A drugs policy expert told news.com.au that new varieties of drugs were constantly coming into the Australian market.
He was concerned young Australians, in particular, were too casual in their approach to drugs and didn’t properly understand the risks associated with substances such as Wizard.
“It has never been a wise thing to do ... but things can turn very bad quite quickly,” he said.
Police agree some users are mistaking Wizard for ecstasy or LSD, and getting far more than they bargained for.
A senior drug and organised crime investigator, Detective Chief Inspector Steve Taylor, said law enforcement agencies were constantly monitoring the internet and checking postal items for illicit drugs.
He said Wizard had contributed to several deaths and left others needing immediate hospitalisation.

http://www.news.com.au/national/sou...ise-in-australia/story-fnj4ag6f-1227081277984

Seems to be another media name for NBOMes. Tried doing a search and only the Adelaide Advertiser seems to be calling it this, 11,000 tabs though, considering how tiny Adelaide actually is (it's like a 20km X 20km grid that's where a good 85%+ of the population is for those who don't know) that would have had a fair decent toxic impact; two people already died from them recently in SA and I'm sure these would have resulted in way more deaths.

He shoulda gotten LSD imho.

(Adelaide) 6 days ago - A MAN has been charged with serious drug offences after allegedly ordering almost 11000 “blotter tabs” — responsible for two deaths in South Australia in 12 months — off the internet.

(Adelaide) Mar 12, 2014 - POLICE are warning the public about the designer drug 25i-NBOMe or 'wizard' which can cause death ...

Kind of disappointed that this article wasn't about an actual wizard whom Australia had hired as their drug spokesman. The headline is easy to misinterpret.

Kind of disappointed that this article wasn't about an actual wizard whom Australia had hired as their drug spokesman. The headline is easy to misinterpret.

Hahaha! =D

Was down in VIC with some friends last weekend (I think? fuck) and am so glad it's nothing like I read about on BL, at least in their lives :p What good people. Already miss them :( I mean, what's better than a woman who is an anarchist, works as a bsdm lady and makes some mean fucking homemade falafel? Oh and still sports her "distinguishable" mohawk? IMHO nothing %)

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL fuck me, again... yes BDSM mistress.

TBH ice is the last thing I was looking for, although to be fair I wasn't looking for anything substance wise. There certainly was copious amounts of good cannabis and whatever pills I wanted (well, not literally, like benzos - particularly xanax - and "weak" painkillers like hydrocodone and codeine). Some N2O. One of the guys at the place had a bottle of GBL I think but I wasn't up for mixing Xanax with opioid AND GBL/GHB. The girl I was staying with isn't stupid, and her friends certainly weren't exactly drug naive themselves. Frankly I think I had the most fun just chilling, cooking, loafing around their place, playing records, taking hits and walking around those funky little lanes and shit. Didn't get out past the pub as much as I'd have liked, but I wasn't going there for the scenery so much as the people, as you know how I feel already ;)

hahha I went to edit my post, as i fucked it up. And I ended up deleting it, but to make the above in context, I asked if toothpaste saw any ice or G there in Vic.

Sounds like a good time tho.. Yeah I've been to Melbs once for a big day out (music festival) years ago and spent a day wondering around the cool little lanes admiring some street art/graff and cool shops. I had fun.

I used to enjoy doing the same in Syd as well, the rocks area is very nice and the botanical gardens and harbour walk around to the Opera house is great as well.

Last edited:
i was wondering where that conversation stemmed from. :D

also, wizard?

its somewhat concerning that the name is awfully close to another slang term used for describing another substance. i hope the two dont get confused.

...kytnism...:|

The NBOMe drugs are horrible, hope anyone distributing them rots in hell for selling such a dangerous chemical (generally pretending it's LSD).

As long as they properly advertise dosage and that it is NBOMe then I have no qualms about it, but with something so potentially dangerous not doing so is completely irresponsible.
I found the NBOMe to be fantastic just from the sheer complexity of the visuals, the compulsiveness and excessive body stimulation and all around gross feelings on the comedown however

No one advertises correct dosage here tho, most would claim it is LSD to sell it like Crankinit said.

they actually comparing ecstasy and lsd? funny everytime to read a news report about drugs. they are still spreading this propaganda shit really?! fuck that